@chajoowon im sorry, i get that a lot that i dont explain right, and assume ppl wil understand sorry

my initial conflict was this 

but originally he does believe in JDJ ideal - he was actually the first to follow JDJ ideal country system

i coudnt understand how someone who believed in JDJ system of scholars ruling with the king 

can become so against it later on unless he become as HIB said about himself when talking to BY 

and i guess the drama will show how he will become like that - but it confused me at first 

Nothing to be sorry about i understood what you meant and i truly enjoy reading, discussing this with you :)

I agree it will be a challenge for the writers to show how Bang Won starts become against JDJ system of scholars ruling with the king.  He is a kid still and i want to believe him changing for a prince that thinks his thinking of the way to rule is better.   More than thinking his father would become a weak king.

We both look forward to see how they will show this change.

thanx i too enjoy discussing this with you

i love how the drama tread on philosophic ground it makes my brin work and analyze 

• Like 1

for me the wish for absolute power means greed power worship 

it doesnt sound like someone who cares for his ppl it sound like someone of HIB kind 

i dont really get how BW became like that 

Thats factly historically wrong about that we know for sure.  You sometimes need complete power to rule effectively for your own people sake in those times.     

The best thing about Taejong that every scholar agree on, that are written in his history.  He destroyed the rivals for power but he was good leader to his people, their lives.  Every king,leader is power hungry but being  a tyrant to his own people or the nobles is two vastly different things.   Look up his history and dont make his best side look like Hong in Bang.

Dont make HIB change a real world kings history.  The greatest Roman Emperor in history killed of whole family of his rivals, Augustus killed Ceasar son, whole noble enemy familes to create peaceful empire that he becam a godlike to his people.   

The drama can lie if they want and make Bang Won a tyrant to his people too or just the fact he destoyed his rivals.   The guy practicly created Joseon where the Kings ruled mostly alone.  That is NOT evil to Korean history, culture,  its much more complex than that.  Complete power then isnt not dictator ship of today. You cant base our softer values to times where kings ruled alone but was still good kings to their people.   

Dramas like Maids where he is the evil villain is not real world history, its fake,fiction.  Like Yeongjo according to dramas he is evil old king that killed his own son Crown Prince Sado. But according to the SK history of King he is one of the most admired king for being brilliantly smart, such confucious scholar, helped create their values more, a son who worshiped his mother, defended the kingdom but in dramas he is uber villain.....

yes you are right I watch the great seer we can see" lady kang" lee seong gye second wife tries to kill lee bang won and also frame him for something he did not do. Who knows how thing were actually back then 

• Like 2

Guest rainmoon

@rainmoon thanx i just love GTM & HIB so cute can for couple of the year

BTW wasnt it socks or scurfs in the box BYH got?

lol they do make a cute couple ... GTM is actually more gentle than I thought he would be, it's HIB that I fear more.  Even Monk Kukryong seemed scared by him.

Not sure about BYH gifts though ...

just saw this ... might be scarves ..

pic credit yong2lee

Edited by rainmoon

Guest rainmoon

i cant believe they are the same kids

BTW does anyon know when the sub for ep 14 comes out?

Viki has 16% done, but DF should have it tonight if not tomorrow.

OH MY HEART........   In episode 13 when BW says to BY" Never mind there's no use for that.  From the time you set fire to the government office, when you took my top off, when you ran and avoided me at the inn, I knew it. "It's Her."  "That girl is mine"  :crazy::crazy::crazy: Somebody pick me up off the floor dang it was perfection!!!  Although she pours water on his warm heart and confession that moment was amazing... Not finished with the subbed episode yet, I'm off today and it's raining outside & dark perfect drama watching weather:lol:

Guest rainmoon

OH MY HEART........   In episode 13 when BW says to BY" Never mind there's no use for that.  From the time you set fire to the government office, when you took my top off, when you ran and avoided me at the inn, I knew it. "It's Her."  "That girl is mine"  :crazy::crazy::crazy: Somebody pick me up off the floor dang it was perfection!!!  Although she pours water on his warm heart and confession that moment was amazing... Not finished with the subbed episode yet, I'm off today and it's raining outside & dark perfect drama watching weather:lol:

those are my favourite days, drama watching or not ...

waiting to get home to watch ...

thanx @rainmoon

@USAFarmgirl enjoy your quality drama time 

i was also a gooey mess and it was really a matter of sec if he was fast enough BY would have forgotten

im actually glad she feels remorse at what she said to her brother and although i dont think she should not feel happiness bc of it im glad she understands what her words did to her brother  

• Like 2

Forgive me everyone I got caught up in the moment and lost my mind should have written that under a spoiler!!  @rainmoon your so right those are the best days drama or not. Not to mention a  perfect day for a good book too!   You be careful going home!  So thankful for memories we share watching things in the past together & this with you now makes this experience even better take care....

@nevill Your so right about her realization which is a reminder & lesson in a way to all of us that words can cause more damage than even we realize.   She thinks he is dead and he almost was had someone not been there to stop him.  I feel for her though in having to carry that burden for so long.  I was thinking of you when I saw the cabbage field which made me laugh because I ate my first ever oriental sweet potato this week and was surprised it was white where the ones we grow are orange but the flavor was even better than I expected.  Dang forgive the food report:vicx::lol::w00t:

@nevill Your so right about her realization which is a reminder & lesson in a way to all of us that words can cause more damage than even we realize.   She thinks he is dead and he almost was had someone not been there to stop him.  I feel for her though in having to carry that burden for so long.  I was thinking of you when I saw the cabbage field which made me laugh because I ate my first ever oriental sweet potato this week and was surprised it was white where the ones we grow are orange but the flavor was even better than I expected.  Dang forgive the food report:vicx::lol::w00t:

OOT - in my part of te world its very hard to find korean food - i use dramas to fill my cravings 

• Like 2