watching again the part where MH gives BW the letter for BY made me hope BY will off their heads for not giving her the letter

and i take back BW having faith BY can protect herself - im joking

he redeemed himself later showing his full trust in BY to her brother DS

• Like 1

It seems like Lady Min will provide the intellectual, political, wealth and pedigree support for BW and the emotional, psychological and compassionate support will come from BY. For now, as they are working together for the change of a dynasty, BW will probably stick to BY like glue especially knowing that she is in danger but when his father becomes the king and his focus changes to his personal ambitions his attentions and his affection for BY may change and drift towards his wife Lady Min. MH in the meantime is somehow trying to get BY to look his way. Oh my, not a bad idea but…..hmmmmmm.

loved you post but i do think that at least for now bw leans on BY advice and opinion the most and i think unless drastic situation arrives it will not change she is not willing to give or get sympathy which is something BW desires from her she tells her misfortunes but saying she is not alone to have that past

when BW complains she calls him immature or childish and ask him to become adult and take responsibility i dont think she believes in sympathy but rather her past is her motivation and with DS her guilt - she does not disclose her guilt in driving DS to kill himself (what she thinks) but instead of accepting BW sympathy while telling him about it she  say DS is too weak nd gentle for this world  i think BY is BW little cricket and he trust her more than anyone he is not moved at all when JDJ address her as an integral part of their revolution he has no problem with BY putting herself in danger he has seen that she can get out of danger without his help not only that she saved him in matter of fact from prison she came with the message of relies soon he was sure that everyone wants him dead and in that he is very different from DS who although see how competent YH is he wants to "save" her and protect the woman he loves BW have full faith in BY and her abilities  

HIB & JDJ but she came from HIB with his support and made JDJ help him also o the surprise of BW. BY to BW is a miracle worker and that is also why he needs her with him he rely on her intelligence as much as her love and although dangerous not sending her away is a proof he think she can take care of herself without using weapons.

LM will be essential  to BW later on not only with her family status and power bat her political savvy her knowing the diplomatic ways and her extreme inteligents but as of ow he havent seen evidence of those qualities from his perspective he had to "convince" her following HIB is wrong (we know she knows HIB is not the right way) and also plan with her or give her an idea (not the best of one - pretty obvious one that LIG noticed immediately) how to foil it so for now he doesnt trust LM intelligent but her family power and money. 

* although i really like BW&BY i dont mind that much if it will be

MH&BY   BW&LM

I did not say sympathy, I said compassionate support and those are 2 different things,in other words she appeals to BW's humanity. One is superficial and the other is deeply spiritual. BY is brave and very smart and she takes care of herself and BW knows that but there is nothing wrong in being concerned about the others' safety both ways as there is a risk of losing them through death. They have lost so many already, they hope for a change but at what price? They all know that but it is human to want another to be safe. Men by evolution will always want to be the savior of their women, it is planted in their DNA (although times are a changing) and BW does play on BY's sympathy. In the doctor's clinic when BW saw how BY was concerned about him being in pain, he exaggerated his ouch ouching to have an excuse to hold on to BY and bury his face in her shoulder. 

Why is loving a man, having the emotions of a human being like everybody else, being seen as a weakness when it comes to BY. Why does BY have to be made of stone, emotionless or a whip lashing woman to be considered a strong character? Actually it is easier to be a mean, deceptive, dishonest and crooked because it is convenient to be undisciplined, and give in to human’s baser nature. Even JDJ was tempted to do the easy solution he had to duel with himself regarding the bug flying in his head, have BW die and his problems solved. It is OK to need help and have someone be concerned about you. It is ok if another will save you in danger. Soldiers do that all the time, and we do that all the time in life help each other. I get saved from time to time because I am human and make mistakes but I don't whip myself for being weak, instead I am grateful. Sometimes I do save someone from time to time. For me strength comes from conquering your weaknesses and that is what BY is for me, a very hard thing to do. As I stated she is the one dragon who has not given in to the temptation of doing what is easy to do hate and kill. That is her strength. Who has the difficulty passing through the eye of a needle?

I also said that LM will provide the intellectual, the wealth and pedigree that BW needed. In those ancient times but even now those were essentials to advancing politically. I disagree that BW does not see the intelligence of LM yet. BW already did in that marriage negotiation alone she already showed him when she disagreed with his proposal and the 3 conditions why she would not agree to the alliance. That made BW give the final condition and LM as shown agreed. Her father would have rejected BW, but LM negotiated through until she got the condition that was favorable for her family. That to me is a very smart woman. It is politically advantageous for both families.

As for who ends with whom, it is fun speculation and guessing to see if the writers will go the way we think but really it is the writers story so who knows .... next episode the dragons will come to rescue JDJ and preview shows DS being renamed Li Bang Ji.

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 4

It seems like Lady Min will provide the intellectual, political, wealth and pedigree support for BW and the emotional, psychological and compassionate support will come from BY. For now, as they are working together for the change of a dynasty, BW will probably stick to BY like glue especially knowing that she is in danger but when his father becomes the king and his focus changes to his personal ambitions his attentions and his affection for BY may change and drift towards his wife Lady Min. MH in the meantime is somehow trying to get BY to look his way. Oh my, not a bad idea but…..hmmmmmm.

loved you post but i do think that at least for now bw leans on BY advice and opinion the most and i think unless drastic situation arrives it will not change she is not willing to give or get sympathy which is something BW desires from her she tells her misfortunes but saying she is not alone to have that past

when BW complains she calls him immature or childish and ask him to become adult and take responsibility i dont think she believes in sympathy but rather her past is her motivation and with DS her guilt - she does not disclose her guilt in driving DS to kill himself (what she thinks) but instead of accepting BW sympathy while telling him about it she  say DS is too weak nd gentle for this world  i think BY is BW little cricket and he trust her more than anyone he is not moved at all when JDJ address her as an integral part of their revolution he has no problem with BY putting herself in danger he has seen that she can get out of danger without his help not only that she saved him in matter of fact from prison she came with the message of relies soon he was sure that everyone wants him dead and in that he is very different from DS who although see how competent YH is he wants to "save" her and protect the woman he loves BW have full faith in BY and her abilities  

HIB & JDJ but she came from HIB with his support and made JDJ help him also o the surprise of BW. BY to BW is a miracle worker and that is also why he needs her with him he rely on her intelligence as much as her love and although dangerous not sending her away is a proof he think she can take care of herself without using weapons.

LM will be essential  to BW later on not only with her family status and power bat her political savvy her knowing the diplomatic ways and her extreme inteligents but as of ow he havent seen evidence of those qualities from his perspective he had to "convince" her following HIB is wrong (we know she knows HIB is not the right way) and also plan with her or give her an idea (not the best of one - pretty obvious one that LIG noticed immediately) how to foil it so for now he doesnt trust LM intelligent but her family power and money. 

MH&BY   BW&LM

I did not say sympathy, I said compassionate support and those are 2 different things. One is superficial and the other is deeply spiritual. BY is brave and very smart and she takes care of herself and BW knows that but there is nothing wrong in being concerned about the others' safety both ways as there is a risk of losing them through death. They have lost so many already, they hope for a change but at what price? They all know that but it is human to want another to be safe. Men by evolution will always want to be the savior of their women, it is planted in their DNA (although times are a changing) and BW does play on BY's sympathy. In the doctor's clinic when BW saw how BY was concerned about him being in pain, he exaggerated his ouch ouching to have an excuse to hold on to BY and bury his face on his shoulder. 

Why is loving a man, having the emotions of a human being like everybody else, being seen as a weakness when it comes to BY. Why does BY have to be made of stone, emotionless or a whip lashing woman to be considered a strong character? Actually it is easier to be a mean, deceptive, dishonest and crooked because it is convenient to be undisciplined, and give in to human’s baser nature. Even JDJ was tempted to do the easy solution he had to duel with himself regarding the bug flying in his head, have BW die and his problems solved. It is OK to need help and have someone be concerned about you. It is ok if another will save you in danger. Soldiers do that all the time, and we do that all the time in life help each other. I get saved from time to time because I am human and make mistakes but I don't whip myself for being weak, instead I am grateful. Sometimes I do save someone from time to time. For me strength comes from conquering your weaknesses and that is what BY is for me, a very hard thing to do. As I stated she is the one dragon who has not given in to the temptation of doing what is easy to do hate and kill. That is her strength. Who has the difficulty passing through the eye of a needle?

I also said that LM will provide the intellectual, the wealth and pedigree that BW needed. In those ancient times but even now those were essentials to advancing politically. I disagree that BW does not see the intelligence of LM yet. BW already did in that marriage negotiation alone she already showed him when she disagreed with his proposal and the 3 conditions why she would not agree to the alliance. That made BW give the final condition and LM as shown agreed. Her father would have rejected BW, but LM negotiated through until she got the condition that was favorable for her family. That to me is a very smart woman. It is politically advantageous for both families.

As for who ends with whom, it is fun speculation and guessing to see if the writers will go the way we think but really it is the writers story so who knows .... next episode the dragons will come to rescue JDJ and preview shows DS being renamed Li Bang Ji.

your right it shouldent but im a sheldon i guess - it is unreasonable but it is how i feel that strong is suppressing feelings 

but truthfully its not the lack of  feeling  but more - i control my feelings rather than they control me - BY is aware of her feelings and dont deny them but also doesnt let them be her motivation - i have to admit for me this is how i see life should be 

and i agree LM will provide the intellectual and much  needed political handeling but in the 2 ep we were shown BW have yet to see it

he will but of now BY is the adviser to him LM had shown lack of intellect

she did not disclose that she thinks HIB is the wrong way to go till BW - from his point of view - convinced her

and then gave her a way - or some part of it - to dissolve the contract so BW have yet to encounter the extremely intelligent LM we know her to be 

as for the condition he can assume they came from her father - they seemed in advanced and not spontaneous it is quite common that the oerson delivering is not the brain behind - to me he didnt seem to be awed by her intellect which he would be a couple of ep in the future - i hope

unlike the awed he has shown for BY shrewdness  - so we know what his awed face would look like 

- it is really fun to speculate who ends with whom - and also keep us guessing especially if BW have great chemistry with both BY & LM

as BY will have with MH 

im having a great time watching and speculating - reunion next week yey

• Like 1

MH&BY   BW&LM

I did not say sympathy, I said compassionate support and those are 2 different things. One is superficial and the other is deeply spiritual. BY is brave and very smart and she takes care of herself and BW knows that but there is nothing wrong in being concerned about the others' safety both ways as there is a risk of losing them through death. They have lost so many already, they hope for a change but at what price? They all know that but it is human to want another to be safe. Men by evolution will always want to be the savior of their women, it is planted in their DNA (although times are a changing) and BW does play on BY's sympathy. In the doctor's clinic when BW saw how BY was concerned about him being in pain, he exaggerated his ouch ouching to have an excuse to hold on to BY and bury his face on his shoulder. 

your right it shouldent but im a sheldon i guess - it is unreasonable but it is how i feel that strong is suppressing feelings 

but truthfully its not the lack of  feeling  but more - i control my feelings rather than they control me - BY is aware of her feelings and dont deny them but also doesnt let them be her motivation - i have to admit for me this is how i see life should be 

and i agree LM will provide the intellectual and much  needed political handeling but in the 2 ep we were shown BW have yet to see it

he will but of now BY is the adviser to him LM had shown lack of intellect

she did not disclose that she thinks HIB is the wrong way to go till BW - from his point of view - convinced her

and then gave her a way - or some part of it - to dissolve the contract so BW have yet to encounter the extremely intelligent LM we know her to be 

as for the condition he can assume they came from her father - they seemed in advanced and not spontaneous it is quite common that the oerson delivering is not the brain behind - to me he didnt seem to be awed by her intellect which he would be a couple of ep in the future - i hope

unlike the awed he has shown for BY shrewdness  - so we know what his awed face would look like 

- it is really fun to speculate who ends with whom - and also keep us guessing especially if BW have great chemistry with both BY & LM

as BY will have with MH 

im having a great time watching and speculating - reunion next week yey

i guess we disagree philosophically. Suppressing feelings for me is not strength because suppressed feelings don't go away, it just buries it self in the psyche and comes back to bite the one who suppressed their feelings when least expected and the bites are usually deep and scarring, for example desperado warrior who is trying all his life to run away from his feelings, suppressed them and never dealt withe them.. Until the suppressor deals with their feelings and recognize feelings as feelings, emotions are just emotions and not act on it but deal with it rationally, they will always be like dogs lead by the leash of their emotions. Suppressing feelings is one great human tragedy. These are the dilemma some of the characters are all facing like DS and YH. and the next episodes will show how they will deal with the dilemma. I agree that BY thinks her emotions through and that is her strength but denying her emotions is not, and I have not seen her doing that. I am not saying that loving a man entails doing what is not rationally good for herself. She is allowed to love a man, she is also human and she is allowed to make mistakes that is how people learn. Thinking of oneself as perfect is big mistake. 

As for BW, I still see that he already saw the intelligence in Lady Min. She negotiated like a pro. Maybe you should re watch the whole episodes where LM converses with her father and maybe you should re watch the negotiation of LM and BW. She did not have to disclose what she suspected of HIB for BW to know how smart she is. By asking BW if there is a way to do that, she already disclosed what she knew. I don't see BW controlling LM in that negotiation. They were both in control. I see them as equals. He is in love with BY and appreciates BY for her strengths but does not mean he does not see the intelligence in LM. He does not have to be awed by LM to see that. 

BW is BW and he will lean towards whom he needs most. For now it is BY.

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 3

your are very right and suppressing feelings will end with years of  psychologist treatment  - as i see in my future - hehehe

its true for the individual but not the environment i think 

as for BW at the end of their well prepared conditions BW ask outright if she\they are too stupid or too afraid to see what will the future of an alliance with HIB would look like

if he thought her smart (or the writers waned to show us that) he would have said you seem not stupid so you must be afraid

he is not impressed with her - not only that she is more impressed and exited by a plan he conducted of relieving of her from this contract  - she seemed surprised that there is a way not him

showing him to be the smarter one in this conversation not her

of course we know better as weve seen her ability and how intelligent she is but the writers chose not to show that to BW just yet  - IMO

• Like 1

but maybe instead of looking at it from BW point of view (if he know she is smart or not) we can look at it from LM point of view

and her testing her future partner - if he is worthy - and maybe her excitement was bc he came with a solution proving he is an adequate partner

as hse is very smart she probably can calculate whith whom she has a better future 

so maybe the writers didnt want BW POV here but hers and how LM made her smart choice

i still think BW wasnt impressed but its just not important if he was or not 

Edited by nevill
  • Like 1

Six Flying Dragons: Episode 14

by HeadsNo2 (dramabeans)
sixdragons14-00425.jpg
Unconventional love and unconventional confessions go hand in hand this hour, but it’s never just about the two people in the relationship, is it? Rejection drives Bang-won to make some really daring choices that he still probably would’ve made anyway, Bang-ji finds himself stuck in the past, and Jung Do-jeon continues to have his hands full with all the wayward youths he’s surrounded himself with. Social change with a side of emotional healing, anyone?

to read more:
  • Like 1

After watching these last 2 episodes I would have to say they are my favorites maybe because there is so much feeling it's hard to take it all in.   So many heart breaking moments and you won't be surprised that I would pick the one where Gap Boon starts singing in the darkness for music to me opens your heart quicker than anything.  She is interesting to me and I felt her pain in the sweetness of her voice and hearing a young woman's heart breaking.  It even got better when DS's voice was added somehow it made it sadder to me.  Gap Boon not unlike most of them has suffered in the past, has very little but her feelings for DS that she treasures.  She know his heart belongs to another something she can't change.  DS loves YH no matter what words come out of her mouth or how hard she shoves him away he can't let go of the guilt or the memories that have his heart tied to her.  YH has moved beyond love and the girl she once was and sees only one thing revenge through change.  BW opens up his heart to BY but like I posted before she sees what he doesn't and knows the only real choice he offers is second place.  Later she says I Love you & he  says I will love you till I die.  To me this class separation is what had to be the hardest  thing to face.  Something you know is there and won't change over night no matter if you know change is coming.  More than that she knows accepting him means sharing him with another.  Dang it's that moment I thought that's a NO GO for this country girl!!!  FACT !!!  :angry:not into sharing so it's a good thing I wasn't born back then!  Even more arranged marriage, I like that even less I know it's culture thing but two people not in love my mind can't even comprehend that but back then & even in some countries now it's common.  All I can say is they are bigger and better women than I could ever be:crazy:  Can't wait till next week when DS & BY meet after all this time hoping BY can let loose of her guilt finally.....

Yes, the other thing that is so attractive in this drama is the music. Not only is the music so moving but it so pertinent to the drama and more importantly to the scene that is taking place in the drama. The Muyiya song sang by JDJ in the beginning episodes to the OST of HY and DS, the music being played whenever BW and BY have these love encounters sometimes happy and hopeful and sometimes mournful, and the latest song the Yalli, Yalli song sang by DH first and then the duet of Gap Boon and DS. The blending of their voice is so beautiful to listen to. Yes Gab Boon too suffered plenty. I cry for her too. No wonder they were the most popular theater in Gaegyong. I love the music too.

@zenya22,  I'm not one to really pay attention to music in a drama unless it's really catchy but the folk songs in this drama are so meaningful and the ones singing the vocals really put heartfelt meaning to them I like both version of the song Ds and what's her name song.. Sad but I think DS will die fooling around YH she has no compassion for anyone which is understandable.. But what she fell to realize is she missing out on love due to her past no matter what she do it's not going to bring her back and she knows this but she stop living as the loving YH to the YH that hates the world and everybody in it good or bad.. I wonder later will she become a big part of help to the japanese.. 

• Like 2

@zenya22  Thanks for checking up on me and yes I am off the floor. :lol: I am in the recovery mode LOL:crazy:  I find myself so moved by this drama that I just may need professional help for having to watch the past 2 episodes to many times that it's starting to feel like an addiction:blink:  I feel like every one of these characters has made me feel sorry for them at some point but also each one has shown goodness at some point.  Each Dragon has a past with regret or some type of loss but also each one has a path they are on and have chosen it alone.  I have really tried to figure out each of them but I just don't see happiness in some of their futures.  Although they each have a past it's this whisper of change they hope for in the future.  It would seem they are willing & freely paying a price by risking their own lives to try and achieve these ideas.  But what often starts out as a good thing doesn't always end up as you dreamed. To often an individuals own self gets in the way and blinds you to believe your way or idea is the best.  Forgetting where you started & why.  Already the price seems to be to high for some. The future path looks to be paved with their own hearts.   A price they seem to be willing to pay now, but I wonder will it later only lead to more regrets.......

I don't know but DS arguments with BW is somehow a prediction of who will pay the price and who will survive to see the change, which will lead to more changes. Will the path they chose be the right path? The price will be steep for all of them. 

• Like 2

Guest paston15

@nevilI i have one word for you..favouritism... It shows in almost all your posts i try to finish reading which is meant to be your valued description of the drama characters. Try and lean back and i bet you might see it. You seem to be a fan of ssk and so am i but yeah like i said dont over analyse. Now i sense the writers want romance to be a part of this intriguing political drama and so far i am enjoying it. Fin.

@valsava ". I wonder later will she become a big part of help to the japanese.. "

i havent even thought about the Japanese pirates in a while - i really wonder how they will fit in the grand picture

@evill.  I'm wondering how she got so involved with the Japanese to send Yak San away with them for safety or is she just lying to JDJ

• Like 1

@nevilI i have one word for you..favouritism... It shows in almost all your posts i try to finish reading which is meant to be your valued description of the drama characters. Try and lean back and i bet you might see it. You seem to be a fan of ssk and so am i but yeah like i said dont over analyse. Now i sense the writers want romance to be a part of this intriguing political drama and so far i am enjoying it. Fin.

you are right that im bias - but most viewers here are  - if you read their comment 

if you can be more specific on especially favouritism that is stronger than other 

i can answer specifically

if you read what i wrote about YH & LM

you can see that i just favor the woman and that is what i talk about

of course you can see my name and just pass me by

since id od tend to over analyze - its a flaw  

Edited by nevill
  • Like 1

@valsava ". I wonder later will she become a big part of help to the japanese.. "

i havent even thought about the Japanese pirates in a while - i really wonder how they will fit in the grand picture

@evill.  I'm wondering how she got so involved with the Japanese to send Yak San away with them for safety or is she just lying to JDJ

i dont think she would lie to JDJ so you probably right i didnt remember that - i wonder if they will be a more prominent later on

were they historically part of the creation of Joseon?

• Like 2

[mslee's thoughts] GIF Six Flying Dragons Episode 6 Review

by mslee1107  (mslee1107wanderingthoughts)

2.gif

From previous episode, Bang Won was impressed by Boon Yi's courage. He found in her the strong character that he seemed to be looking for in a long time. Remember that he was disappointed by his teacher Hong In Bang's actions when the latter allied with Gil Tae Mi. It was as if Bang Won had lived his life not the way he expected. His spirits was so low it only felt alive again when he saw the "venomous magpie" kill Baek Yoon.  Seeing the corrupt official got killed was like a sign that justice still exist. Well, that was how I interpreted Bang Won's sudden interest towards venomous magpie aka Ddang Sae.

to read more:

http://mslee1107wanderingthoughts.blogspot.co.il/search/label/six flying dragons

• Like 1

i dont think she would lie to JDJ so you probably right i didnt remember that - i wonder if they will be a more prominent later on

were they historically part of the creation of Joseon?

@nevill,  I don't remember them having anything to do with creating Joseon

• Like 1

but maybe instead of looking at it from BW point of view (if he know she is smart or not) we can look at it from LM point of view

and her testing her future partner - if he is worthy - and maybe her excitement was bc he came with a solution proving he is an adequate partner

as hse is very smart she probably can calculate whith whom she has a better future 

so maybe the writers didnt want BW POV here but hers and how LM made her smart choice

i still think BW wasnt impressed but its just not important if he was or not 

If we look at it from BW's point of view it will be the same. He would not have concluded a negotiation with a dumb broad. IF he did then he would be the stupid one. The reason he held the marriage part and the HIB break at the last part was because he knew he was negotiating with an intellectual and politically informed woman. BW does not have to be impressed he only had to realize that she was as smart a negotiator as she was. He was not looking to be impressed he was looking to negotiate a political advantage. So was the other side. That is what a negotiation is all about. She negotiated brilliantly. She was not looking to impress either. But either way both of them have made assessments of the other's capacities. If she were not an intelligent negotiator and BW was not satisfied with her, then he would have to negotiate with the father or made a formal request for an appointment to negotiate with the father. If he concluded the negotiation with LM thinking that she was stupid then who is the more stupid one, it would be BW no? As he is a smart person he knows that the woman he negotiated with is smart. 

As for he needs more or wants more at the moment, he wants cookies with his tea no?

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 5

you are right that im bias - but most viewers here are  - if you read their comment 

if you can be more specific on especially favouritism that is stronger than other 

i can answer specifically

if you read what i wrote about YH & LM

you can see that i just favor the woman and that is what i talk about

of course you can see my name and just pass me by

since id od tend to over analyze - its a flaw  

I have to agree with @nevill it's hard to not be drawn to characters everyone is different so it's interesting to see why & who they choose or you could be like me and it changes every week.  Of course it might have to do with my weak mind & heart that always seems to be moved by a melody or emotion.LOL:w00t: