for me the wish for absolute power means greed power worship 

it doesnt sound like someone who cares for his ppl it sound like someone of HIB kind 

i dont really get how BW became like that 

this is a pure guess based onbthe drama and not on historical accounts. YBW witnessed how the noble class run the government. It was horrible, he lost his faith in it that's why when he had a chance to have the power he wanted to seize it nd have it all to himself. If he had absolute power he can do whatever he wants. 

I remember what YAI's character said in JOJLIL he said that a successful reign is when the king holds absolute power where his retainers would love and fear him. All that they need will be from the king's grace and all that the nation needs will be provided by him something  like that. Oh all the kings that Yoo Ah In portrayed wants power!

• Like 7

for me the wish for absolute power means greed power worship 

it doesnt sound like someone who cares for his ppl it sound like someone of HIB kind 

i dont really get how BW became like that 

this is a pure guess based onbthe drama and not on historical accounts. YBW witnessed how the noble class run the government. It was horrible, he lost his faith in it that's why when he had a chance to have the power he wanted to seize it nd have it all to himself. If he had absolute power he can do whatever he wants. 

I remember what YAI's character said in JOJLIL he said that a successful reign is when the king holds absolute power where his retainers would love and fear him. All that they need will be from the king's grace and all that the nation needs will be provided by him something  like that. Oh all the kings that Yoo Ah In portrayed wants power!

but originally he does believe in JDJ ideal - but then again he is young and actually this part of the drama regarding LBW is fictional

so actually he never was on the same side as JDJ only his father was, so historically they are consistent characters 

LBW never was in a cave and it probably his father and JDJ idea to marry LM and he just  complied since at that time he probably didnt have a choice 

and since LM also wanted to get to the highest position for a woman we can say that although they fought on the same side they were not really friends probably

Edited by nevill
  • Like 4

If you see this photo boon yi might be one of the noble later i guess...

this is a hanbok for the royal family i think. Pls. Correct me if im wrong. BY will never wear a hanbok like this, she's a lowly person she cannot be part of the royal family unless she became palace maid and the king gives her favor which will bever happen in this drama so.... maybe this is not a part of this drama

its part of a health drink commercial

CMrEdYFUkAAJU3z.jpg

she is the "face" on the bottle  - hehehe

• Like 6

I wanted to give this drama a try but since YAI and SSK characters wont end up/have a love line, I cant bring myself to do so. What do you guys think?

i think since SSK i s a dragon she will probably be till the end and tthey will have a love line since she is described as BW lover not crush or one sided love

but maybe at the end they will separate and maybe the end will be sad

so if your ok with sad ending i would take the chance 

Edited by nevill
  • Like 4

Now i remember..if you guys watch maids..did you remember that lee bang won in that drama searching for his missing son with one of his servant long time lover...which played by oh ji oh - moo myong... after being conceived the servant said to be killed  by the queen..by someone save her..i think that servant/ maid could be boon yi...since her character is fictional.. is this drama connected to that? I do think it connected...u guys can check it out..

Hey yeah, that son who was the son of the king Taejong hahahah, yes could be the woman he loved whom he gave the beautiful pin or was it a comb?

• Like 4

I wanted to give this drama a try but since YAI and SSK characters wont end up/have a love line, I cant bring myself to do so. What do you guys think?

Well they can't end up together since SSK plays BY who is a fictional character and Bang Won played by YAI marries the queen who is not a fictional story but both women are integral to the story of BW since BY herself is a dragon and the writers have to justify why she is one ot the dragons. Her character represent the reasons why Joseon was founded and she is the woman whom BW loved in this drama. the way I see it she represents the justification for the founding of a new dynasty which is the point of the drama. Her character is fictional but there is a reason why BW loved her. The characters including the side characters have great interesting personalities and stories. Give it a try. SSK and YAI characters may not  end up together but their love story is just as moving and poetic and those are Bang Won's words.

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 7

"But... it sounds like Yi Bang-Won's concubine Lady Hyobin (효빈 김씨) and her son Prince Gyeongnyeong (경녕군).

According to historical records, Lady Hyobin (only known as her family name 'Kim') was a really beautiful slave girl working for Bang-Won's step mother Lady Kang. (Lady Gang is Yi Seong-Gye's second wife : Queen Shindeok).  She was so beautiful that even Lady Gang didn't show her to her husband. Bang-Won fell in love with her when he was a prince. She gave birth to a son, Prince Gyeongnyeong, in 1395.

I'm not sure if it is true that Bang-Won's wife treated the slave girl harshly or not, but it is historically true that Bang-Won got really upset about it and tried to depose the queen. He also used it as one of many reasons to massacre Min clan after he became a king.

But, we don't know the truth. Whether Boon-Yi is the Lady Hyobin or not...  it depends on the writers."

@ homura, very interesting post indeed, very interesting..... hmmmmmmm, wonder how the writers will spin it if they will go that route since BY is more than just a love life, she is also a dragon.. she is not fictional then if that is where they are going hmmmmmm......thank you so much for the info.... another plot to make the viewer's head spin... hehehe

• Like 5

just caught up with 6FD.. I'm so giddy everytime JDJ shares scenes with YH.. he trusts her the most, and seems like she's torn between two sides she supposed to choose.. seems to me she cares for him already, and vice-versa.. and maybe it's not love yet, but great dynamic between superior and subordinate.. there's definitely mutual trust there. and enlighten me, I hear these two will end up married, seeing his tender side when he released her even after he knew she's a spy, I wont be surprised though.. Although it will break my heart when Ddangsae find out these two will end up together.. his face when he saw JDJ's tenderness to YH makes me sad already... damn, BYH's eyes are so expressive! among the line-up, BYH and KMM totally make this show for me!

• Like 3

Why is it that although I have been watching this drama from the start and have felt many things. Including loving it!    I  still keep hearing a small voice inside me saying go back to episode one you need to watch each episode again in slow-mo just to be able to grasp so many things I know I missed.  I find myself thinking one thing and the next day changing my mind!!  Not to mention there is a struggle between whats history and whats fiction.  Even more what direction will the next week bring?  When even the writers themselves are able to change any direction at anytime.  Here is what I do know it's interesting and it's drawn us all in.  Making us think & even work our minds a little too:lol:  I'm always hooked on the romance of any drama and this one is full to the brim with emotion and relationships going in every direction.  I feel like BW & BY are in such a sad situation I mean they care for each other deeply but as far as a normal progression in a relationship his political marriage just sliced & diced that.  Although BY is strong in nature not because she wanted to be but because life forced her to be.  She sees the big picture and saw it even before BW did which is why she didn't want to give into her feelings at first.  I also think that when BW was young he was shocked & discouraged not only in the government but in his father too.  When he took a close look at what was really going on it made him sick and at first he tried doing it the right way but learned quickly how cruel life can be. That good guys no matter how hard they try don't always win. When it seems the bad guys hold all the cards.  How do you fight evil if you have no power? This I feel played on his mind still does.  Even forcing him at such a young age to lose his honor in doing something he knew was wrong burning what was precious but felt there was no other choice. It's called survival....Which reminds me of another favorite character of mine DS who also made a choice that would later haunt him because of the same thought survival.

For BW it haunted him to the point he would go down an even darker path by killing at such a young age with no remorse.  I think what the writers are showing is a side to him that most people don't think about. What continues to cause him to change and why.   Maybe allowing us to see how complex he is and what made him become the man & king he is known to be.......  Forgive the long post and know my thoughts will change by tomorrow:lol::w00t:LOL.  Fighting Dragons.....

Now i remember..if you guys watch maids..did you remember that lee bang won in that drama searching for his missing son with one of his servant long time lover...which played by oh ji oh - moo myong... after being conceived the servant said to be killed  by the queen..by someone save her..i think that servant/ maid could be boon yi...since her character is fictional.. is this drama connected to that? I do think it connected...u guys can check it out..

Hey yeah, that son who was the son of the king Taejong hahahah, yes could be the woman he loved whom he gave the beautiful pin or was it a comb?

i was actally racking my mind as to where did i see a scene where the 2 kings of joseon almost kill each other for the seal and ended up capturing the remaining members of the Royal Family of the Goryeo era. I know it was one of them is YBW then i saw this post!!! It was from Maids!! Thanks for this!

• Like 3

wow amazing 2 episodes... still waiting for completion of subs but the next episode will have all six dragons in one place to the rescue of JDJ!!! Can't wait for the next episode!!! I Monday come soon!!!

The brother/sister reunion will be re union of all the dragons too.

Thank You writers ...

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 3

Hello. I been watching this drama as well as following this thread, quietly lol, it's quite helpful to understand the history of this drama or else one will be confused. (Me) Truthfully, I am torn with BW and BY's love story, I am trying to picture how many more romantic scenes they can write into the drama. Please a good kissing scene!!!! Maybe YBW can be agressive this time!? Make up for those bites! Lol

YAI is mind blowing with every single shot! His expressions, acting, everything is on point! He amazes me with every episode. The chemistry between SSK and YAI is great. They just flow so well with each other. I can't picture a BY without SSK or a YBW without YAI. 

Already can't wait for more!

• Like 5

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] Six Flying Dragons

56.jpg

Osen - Naver: 'Six Flying Dragons', A preview to Yoo Ah In and Gong Seung Yeon's wedding, what will happen to Shin Se Kyung?

1. [+2,261, -92] What will happen to Boon Yi? She'll end up as his concubine eventually ㅠㅠㅜ A concubine that he loves... On a different note, Shin Se Kyung's eyebrows are so pretty

2. [+1,352, -48] 2 hours of fun episodes. Can't wait for next week 

3. [+1,256, -38] Why did those 2 hours go by so fast? ㅜㅜ

4. [+1,143, -43] Lee Bang Won's visuals in the preview are something you would see on the pages of Dangun's fairytale ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+391, -23] When Lee Bang Won becomes a king, Boon Yi will be his concubine while Min Da Kyung will be his queen consort,  Queen Won Kyung who will give birth to King Sejong 

w39.jpg

Naver
6. [+2,850, -487] Gong Seung Yeon's really pretty

7. [+1,905, -68] Felt like those 2 episodes ended in 20  minutes. It's so good ㅠㅠ

8. [+1,107, -83] I'm so happy that they aired 2 episodes last night! I'm looking forward to Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung and Gong Seung Yeon's love triangle^^

9. [+997, -88] I'm a man but last night's episode made my heart flutter...

10. [+316, -23] Gong Seung Yeon's role Min Da Kyung is a smart woman. Yoo Ah In and Shin Se Kyung are cute together

cr: kkuljaem