Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Magazine] Ji Chang Wook @ Star1 video sketch and interview

astar1-017.jpg?w=600

After giving us a glimpse of the contents of Ji Chang Wook’s interview with magazine @ Star1, we now get to see him in action at the magazine photo shoot, which was done in collaboration with accessory brand Didier Dubot.

The September issue of @ Star1 featuring Ji Chang Wook will go on sale on 24 August on GMarket, KartYes24 and other Korean book stores or shopping sites.

Lots more at http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/08/22/magazine-ji-chang-wook-star1-video-sketch-and-interview/

• Like 13

Guerilla Date + Interview with YAI (KBS Ent Weekly)

It's in the video that YAI said he also wants to work with JCW... Hehehe

I would love to see them together in a movie/drama.

They mentioned JCW starting from 4:56 mark.. there's a glimpse of Wookie as well.. :wub:

• Like 8

Hi cherkell, thanks for the info on the sale date of the magazine. This will be tomorrow..... :lol:

The @ star1 magazine looks like it's a little out of my price range right now.  Gonna have to see what's included inside before purchasing.   :P

And the Taiwan Fan Meeting is all sold out!!!  Congratulations to the lucky fans who were able to score a ticket!!!

• Like 9

Thanks @cherkell  for the info, I am very surprised that the Taiwan fan meeting has been sold put within 1-2 days. The revenue has 2000 seats, and I remember his fan meeting last year, there were many unsold tickets after one week, and I was very worried for him, but eventually there were still many fans purchasing the tickets. Anyway, it's better this year.

I wonder how is the ticket sale for his fan meeting in Hangzhou, China. Probably it is slower because fans have to buy products from Lonsdale, and the economy in China is not so good now. :mellow: 

I hope to hear him singing in some new Chinese songs. :wub:

• Like 6

@nploan apparently the VIP tickets sold out faster... (accd to my Taiwanese friend)

Wookie really hits daebak in Taiwan! I'm sure people would fawn all over him there... Esp since Healer is airing in Taiwan at the moment.

I remember the airport scene last year was a bit chaotic when Wookie landed in Taiwan airport, I only hope everything is under control now..

• Like 6

:wub:Totally feel like cutting the "Ai Ni" part out to use for notification tone now, hehehe!

edit until the "ai ni" AND then repeat the loop "ai ni ai ni" as a ring tone....lol, each time my phone ring, wookie will be telling me he loves me hahahaha

• Like 6

Hi cherkell, thanks for the info on the sale date of the magazine. This will be tomorrow..... :lol:

The @ star1 magazine looks like it's a little out of my price range right now.  Gonna have to see what's included inside before purchasing.   :P

And the Taiwan Fan Meeting is all sold out!!!  Congratulations to the lucky fans who were able to score a ticket!!!

Hi cherkell, hahaha - I read here in one of your posts that you purchased a lot of JCW's stuff nowadays. That's right - you check first what's inside this magazine before buying since right now, it's real hard to water our "money tree" LOL - Ye, I heard about the Taiwan tix.....I'm happy for him. Lucky those fans who were able to get the ticket.:P

• Like 5

It would be great if JCW can visit some country in the South East Asia region. I'm sure he will receive a lot of love there too. In an interview with Kwave, he mentioned about a fan meeting in Thailand, but why is there no news about it? I hope he will have more fan meetings and act in at least a new awesome drama before going to the military. 

• Like 4

@nploan I know right?? He mentioned Thailand and yet there's nothing official that came out...I was jumping up and down with so much joy when he said that...oh well, still keeping my fingers crossed anyway...;) 

Pictures from STAR1 are so to die for!! He's just smokin HOT!!! My screen was burning hahaha...

• Like 5

Hanryu Pia Magazine 2015.09.30 (韓流ぴあ2015年月30日号)

Elements of Ji Chang Wook

Vol. 3 – Singing

Hi, I am Ji Chang Wook.  This time, I want to talk about my thoughts on singing.

Singing is something that I enjoy and it is also one of the ways for communication. I like both singing and listening.  I also admire people who enjoy singing.  Thus, I also feel like to communicate with many people through singing.  I have various thoughts but the most important thing is I really like singing.

However I cannot play any musical instruments at all (laugh).  I wanted to play musical instruments before but I couldn’t do as planned.  Drum and piano are musical instrumentals that I wanted to learn but I didn’t take up any action plan at all.  I guess I am just a lazy person (laugh).    I wanted to play musical since my school days.  My dream was to become an actor and I wondered what I could do because I loved singing.  At the end, I found out playing musical was the answer.  In the space of a musical stage, there is music and there are also many things to see, musical is really attractive.  As an actor, there are many things I can present to audiences.  I think this is the charm of musical.  Therefore I still remember the very funny feelings of nervousness and excitement when I heard I could play musical “The Days”.   The feeling was very strange that I stood on the same stage with my respected seniors of university days.

I played from the first performances to replay performances of “The Days”.  The process was not easy but they were very memorable performances.  Through the performances, I came to know about singer Kim Kwang Seok and then I liked his songs.  Actually, I liked ballads since I was a kid.  Rather than upbeat tempo music, I always like listening to quiet and sentimental songs.  In my adolescence days, I was an ordinary student who only knew studying but I also loved ballads, I often listened to SG Wannabe’s songs. 

Definitely, there are differences between singing and like singing.   Therefore, even there were proposals offered to me for releasing an album, I rejected them all.  I felt the pressure and I was not ready.  However, recently I feel like releasing an album even just once.  I would like to express my voice as an artist rather than as a singer and this feeling has gradually welled up in my heart.  But this is only my thoughts (laugh).

Japanese to English translation by manyearsago @ soompi

Elements of Ji Chang Wook

Vol. 1    Vol. 2

• Like 17

Hi cherkell, hahaha - I read here in one of your posts that you purchased a lot of JCW's stuff nowadays. That's right - you check first what's inside this magazine before buying since right now, it's real hard to water our "money tree" LOL - Ye, I heard about the Taiwan tix.....I'm happy for him. Lucky those fans who were able to get the ticket.:P

LOL it better rain hard over here really soon since I placed an order last week for another stack of Japan magazines.  But I may suck it up and purchase the Star1 too since he's on the cover and the contents do look quite interesting.  Since I'm not really interested in fashion or makeup or stuffs like that, some of those magazines Wook was featured in before just seem like a waste of paper.

Because of how slow ticket sales were for last year's Taiwan show, I was quite surprised about the quick sale of these tickets until I saw some advertisements for the three largest Japan tour organisers arranging travel packages to the Taiwan show.  I'm sure there were probably other countries offering tour packages as well, and that's what pushed the sales over the edge. Heck, even TicketBis in the UK had seats on offer, and that's not common for them to put up any Korean entertainer tickets.  The Power Of The Wook!  :D

• Like 11

@manyearsago thank you very much for posting the Volume 3 of Elments of Ji Changwook!

i think singing is on of his many elements and it is where he excels and he expresses himself very well through singing.  I just loved how he said   "I would like to express my voice as an artist rather than as a singer" wow he is such a deep thinker!  I really love his soulful voice.  Just today i kept playing in my playlist "i love you" (he sang i think in his birthday celeb), I cant really get enough of his singing!

• Like 12