[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Just to clear up some of the confusion, as a native korean speaker myself, I can confirm that adult DS specifically mentions the word "college" when she refers to the period in which her husband dated around. So either TK or JH should have gone to college at some point in their lives for the script to have been correct.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the unsubbed ep..makes me too sad to sleep..I don't get it..:bawling:

Actually I love the story of each family..it feels warm and real..but..as in the love storyline, I don't get the twist of it..

Something is missing here..DS and TK when did it develop? :bawling::heartbreak:

Correction to my earlier post: in ep. 6 adult DS actually says "결혼 전에" which is "before marriage" when she asks her husband who else he had been dating at the time, so there was no mention of "college" other than regarding the "college festival". I'm not sure then as to how Knetz are so adamant about the "college" reference. Hm. Maybe the reference came up in another episode? I just can't imagine how the writer could leave viewers with such an obvious discrepancy without later implying the husband had gone to college off camera at some point prior to the interview.

I love all reply 1988 family. 

Im PBG fans before (i notice his acting in IRY) 

on earlier ep, i told my self. Im not going to watch if choi taek is not the husband. Lol.

so, from my POV before, my soul was taeken, but JH also stole my mind. I became 50-50 and i read 3 thread. But im stuck as taekxds shipper. Lol. After TK lean on his head on ds shoulder, and ds looks shocked also awkward. Hoho. 

I decide to believe and stay on choi taek after phone call on the first snow. Ough God, i love him. 

We came to this far, searching for the husband. Stuck ! On one side male lead. Remember guys? This is husband hunting !!! 

We cant ignored the title, the fault is not from writer,pd and all team. They made this clear, Choi taek is chosen as the husband from begining, if the writer changes before the end of drama? Its impossible. Lol. Because they made the hints clear toward choi taek. If they need to changes story, they are need to make it from ep 1. Lol. They are need to place new hints again. Lol so, its better to watch another reply series next time ! I love this frenchise. They always make series with detail, and great concept.  

lets support reply 1988, you can curse about anything, but the script never changed. :) 

my ship sail, i never even once wrong about shipping couple all the time. Hahaha

btw, their kiss is so hot ! I cant breath to watch both of them like that. gosshhh.

smooch you ! Uri choi taek and deok sun :wub:

As promised @MrsSoJiSub @alleverything @Adwina Oltariani @figenfk @ihate0ni0ns @wizengamot @balladblue @papulichan My reaction to the 'very random' way the writers chose to handle this "love triangle".

MOD EDIT: PICTURE REMOVED! CONTENT NOT RELATED TO DRAMA!

I dare, I DOUBLE DARE YOU, to quote me and start something with me. I DARE YOU to tell me that this was consistently written and that DS/TK comes ANYWHERE near the GLORIOUS Trash/Na Jeong or Yoon Jae/Shi Won. What a WEAK pairing. MAN OK/JUNG BONG got more development than the so called endgame. Hats off to Sunwoo/Bora, they're obviously the MVPs of this show. And of course our Cheetah and the families <3.

I feel so bad for both Jung Hwan and Deok Sun's characters who literally stopped getting screen time once the writers realized that it was a bit too obvious that they were headed for endgame. Just sad. My Deok Sun deserved better than this. Forever bitter. Don't @ me with your long posts cause I won't read them. Call me bitter, salty, a child, blind or whatever, TK/DS are still the weakest pairing in Reply history, and your long 'analytical' posts won't change that. Not watching the next one, since the writer can't seem to decide on a pairing at the beginning of the show, and basically relies on people's reactions to finish the script. I've never posted in the Main thread because I don't like to start conflict and I find ship wars really stupid. But this has affected the credibility of the writer as a whole and I promised I would post something once the husband is revealed. Just read the upvoted comments on Netizens Buzz to see how upsetting this is for KOREANS, people who actually speak korean and don't rely on subs tbh.

Alright, bye everyone. xoxoxo

25 minutes ago, wissyyyyy said:

I DARE YOU to tell me that this was consistently written and that DS/TK comes ANYWHERE near the GLORIOUS Trash/Na Jeong or Yoon Jae/Shi Won. What a WEAK pairing. [...]  Don't @ me with your long posts cause I won't read them. Call me bitter, salty, a child, blind or whatever, TK/DS are still the weakest pairing in Reply history, and your long 'analytical' posts won't change that.

How are we supposed to tell you otherwise when you don't even want to read our counter-arguments? :sweatingbullets:

25 minutes ago, wissyyyyy said:

Just read the upvoted comments on Netizens Buzz to see how upsetting this is for KOREANS, people who actually speak korean and don't rely on subs tbh.

I guess you will ignore my post anyways but there are just as many positive responses to Deoksun and Taek from KOREANS

This was posted by syaiira in the DeoksunxTaek thread so all credit goes to her (idk how to quote into a different thread lol sorry)

Just gonna translate some top comments from official naver video clips. To spread a bit of positivity? Well atleast in preparation for the upcoming negativity once tomorrow comes.

First clip: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/697474

Title: Park Bogum to Hyeri, "You can sleep in my room". Heartattaek!

[+3177 | -96] Taek has always been straightforward. He was the first to confess to his friends that he liked Deoksun, he forfeited his match and ran all the way for her. Being courageous and proactive when it comes to love is the way to win.

[+2107 | -88] Taek-ah. Of course, love is all about the timing.

[+1628 | -62] Taek suddenly becomes manly today ♥

[+1562 | -43] Taekie... heartattack...lock the door if not he wont know what he'll do...like yeah sure you dont know... (hahaha im not sure how to properly translate this so i interpret it based on context)

Second clip: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/697475

Title: Hyeri ♥ Park Bogum Between love and , the feelings that were kept all this while

[+3466 | -220] Wow as someone who really supported "EoNamTaek" I am really happy with how it turned out!! But Junghwan....became so pitiful. ㅜㅜ

[+3163 | -307] I, who screamed "EoNamTaek" while others screamed "EoNamRyu"!!! I am 5he most happiest right now!!! Hurray EoNamTaek ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ I love you writer-nim.

[+2707 | -174] Yes. My heart got paralyzed after watching this.

[+2226 | -155] Taek's tenacity! I love it

[+1835 | -130] Taek-ah you're so cool kyaaa...

Third clip: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/697476

Title: "EoNamTaek" Hyeri's husband is Park ! The deep kiss which sealed their feelings for each other

[+13309 | -2328] Husband hunting aside, wow honestly this kiss scene is crazy...probably one of the most unforgettable scenes throughout R88.

[+10039 | -2398] SunTaek supporters scream!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+9397 | -1807] wah ㅠ ㅠ ㅠㅠ literally screamed while watching this ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+9001 | -2660] I knew that it would be EoNamTaek...♥

Fourth clip: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/697483

Title: Hyeri, in Park Bogum's arms! They are inseparable 

[+5371 | -483] Taek-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠ You were really cool today ㅠㅠㅠ feels like I have slept enough for today ㅠㅠㅠㅜ

[+3873 | -333] Ticklish...

[+3680 | -395] Be happy, Deoksun and Taek ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I love you ㅠㅠㅠㅜㅠ

[+3244 | -374] EoNamTaek ♡♡ Both are so lovey-dovey

[+9001 | -2660] Ah... i like this...♥♥ lovable... cute... I'm jealous of Deoksun.

On January 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM, aoikarin said:

Spoiler

I'm happy that it seems as if Taek got DS and I'm happy for her that she gets Taek, because even with the barely visible crack on his forehead he is quite a prize.

I understand the emotional investment of  JH's fan, if not their way of expressing their frustration. 

Of course we'll see what happens if there is a last  minute reversal based on the young actress playing Jin-Joo's interview. [Though I would think the production would be smarter that letting any valid spoilers get to the ear of so young a person.] I was alway trepidatious that she gave something away but I am not breathing easy, nor will I until the closing credits of 20.

I have been a faithful Taek shipper since I started watching.

My shipping has not been supported by script analysis, color theory or OST deconstruction.

My canoe was based on my love of Taek. The combination of the writing and acting made the character unforgettable and irresistible to me. It was interesting but I thought I saw a slight shift in PBG's  characterization of the character. In the first birthday scene PBG response to the celebratory noise made Taek seem more obviously on the spectrum than the way he ultimately ended up playing the character. So in someways I feel as if I not only witness Taek's growth, but also PBG's growth into Taek.  

I've loved reading the more diligent viewer in-depth analysis of the show and the relationships. I found them insightful at times and fanciful at other times.

The viewers' attention to detail was always impressive and so was most of their interpretations, even if those interpretation did not ultimately predict where the show was headed. 

I'm been watching k-dramas for near a decade now and I learned early on I have no talent for predicting how a story will end.

Sometimes that is because of their story structure is different from the western structure I'm used to or because of different cultural values [like in the case were awful marriage get reconciled because of a dedication to preserving the family over individual happiness or when awful crimes go unpunished and gets forgiven for reasons I can never figure out why.]

Anyway, when the bitterness subside, I hope that you will remember that the creative team gave you a character you care so deeply about you felt compelled to the go to the keyboard to fight for his honor.

And I truly hope I will not be the one waiting for bitterness to subside. 

1 hour ago, otomame said:

How are we supposed to tell you otherwise when you don't even want to read our counter-arguments? :sweatingbullets:

I guess you will ignore my post anyways but there are just as many (actually even more) positive responses to Deoksun and Taek from KOREANS

This was posted by @syaiira in the DeoksunxTaek thread so all credit goes to her (idk how to quote into a different thread lol sorry)

Replying because I really wanted to use this gif in the MT. If you actually think TK/DS compare to NaJeong/Sseuregi and Shi Won/Yoon Jae

MOD EDIT: PICTURE REMOVED! CONTENT NOT RELATED TO DRAMA!

^ well based on your logic that the writer relied on others' reaction to finish the script, the husband would be JH wouldn't it? Since clearly the overwhelming public majority favoured him to be the husband. 

Tbh any pairing with DS was going to be weaker and pale in comparison to the previous Reply couples. Yes even JH/DS. 

1 minute ago, wissyyyyy said:

Replying because I really wanted to use this gif in the MT. If you actually think TK/DS compare to NaJeong/Sseuregi and Shi Won/Yoon Jae LMFAO

You're free to think whatever and I can do the same ^_^

10 minutes ago, PBJayism said:

^ well based on your logic that the writer relied on others' reaction to finish the script, the husband would be JH wouldn't it? Since clearly the overwhelming public majority favoured him to be the husband. 

Tbh any pairing with DS was going to be weaker and pale in comparison to the previous Reply couples. Yes even JH/DS. 

The writer put herself in a corner by not addressing the triangle until the very end. Yes, if she suddenly chose JH for DS, I'd still be bitter because I'm used to good development from this writer in particular. 

And nah bro, "my logic" means that the writer wants to remain "unpredictable" and "original". And since, everyone predicted JH to be the husband, she wanted to go against the current. "Shock value", "plot twist", "wow". How sad. I thought we were past that. meh.

Have a good life everyone xoxo

30 minutes ago, hushhh said:

watching

As a jh  -ds shipper I was disappointed that this EP did not go the way I wanted. The personality of future husband and the amazing little things jh did for her melted my heart. Jh is arguably the best character in this show.

That said stop it with the hate people please. The jh DS ship seems very aggressive and bitter and leaves a bad taste for everyone. Are u disappointed yes sure. So am I a lot actually. But stop the bashing the writer is good enough to make u care for the characters deeply she does not need to stop writing..

Also there is nothing wrong with the flow presently task is and always was a viable option the future Hubby's personality seems as little off of task but am sure there is a good explanation. It's almost 20 years they r bound to change. Also DS is allowed to like who she wants she was influenced by others for both as and jh but this time it's her own decision which quiet frankly has been coming for past 3-4 episodes. Task let's all admit is a lovely character u can't help but feel for. He is not a bad opponent to lose to either. Jh seems OK and gave his blessing which is the manly and the right thing to do. 

Pls stop the bashing. There is nothing wrong with this lovely series which is probably the best in reply with well developed characters and heartwarming storylines just because our ship dint sail it does not make it horrible. In life we don't always get what we want even if u r sincere and that's the same with this drama. Nothing wrong with jh just bad timing.

If there is a twist though would be very silly a little part of me will leap in joy.

How is it that i'm already experiencing withdrawal b/c of this show?!?!  This needs to be a a multi-season drama with like 20 seasons, i mean cmon!! tvN needs to make this happen!!! 

That being said, i think i can savor each episode a little more knowing that it's finally ending and glad that i can get some regular sleep now and actually be productive.  Haven't watched the last two episodes yet but it's been not good but great so far.  The husband mystery crap aside, this show has been one of my all-time faves.  I think the PD and writer should try a mystery-thriller some time; i think that finding the clues and theories would actually be more satisfying in a non-romance drama.

다들보고싶을거야...안녕 쌍문동...

anyone gonna watch signal or cheese after this one?

@otomame @PBJayism

Well just let them be. If anyone is overly butthurt about this whole situation that just means her whole opinion already completely biased that we don't need to pay attention to it. Who cares what others said right? I think people can honestly judge themself whether they are acting childish over this fictional drama or not, especially someone who doesn't even want to read and try understanding others' point, lol. Don't waste our breath trying to explain something that won't be read. ;)

It doesn't change the fact that the writer and the PD already create this Reply beautifully in term of narrative, quite organized in term of structure, and complete with the most adorable couple ever. :heart:

Archived