[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, an-naum said:

And I learnt to know Goldstar that much appear in this drama is still exist! Now, Goldstar is known as LG! Mymy the walkman, is it SAMSUNG's?

Sorry to cut your post. But yes, just like Galaxy is a smartphone line from Samsung and iPhone is a smartphone line from Apple, mymy was the popular walkman line from Samsung in the 80s and 90s. (The competitor Goldstar's walkman line was Aha.)

4 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

True enough, but just look how story executed till now. JH says she is not pretty, not smart, she doesn't use her brain to understand why he is acting like that (his feelings). I know it is not how he truly thinks but it's still significant if we assume DS loves him. DS is not supposed  to THINK about others action. She is supposed to discover how she 'PERCEIVES’  them, how she 'FEELS' about them for example we  don't know if she was really happy when JH has had done so much for her or does she even remember? Did she understand JH's kindness? Or did she think he has done all of that just because he loves her and that's what only matters for her? Which one is more important seeing someone's true self or seeing someone as much as they show you? JH distanced himself for a while now , did she even wondered what was wrong with him? 

Nothing could make love worthy if people doesn't know what it means for them, imo. ^^ 

But that is a question of perspective, not the perspective she has and discovers, but the perspective we have as viewers. We are missing a lot of scenes! As for seeing someone's true self as opposed to as much as they show you, that's a huge statement. Do people always know who you are, all of you? Especially when you start a relationship, there are many things you hide! And isn't Taek in a similar situation too? He is showing DS he loves her in his own way but she is not getting it. He shows the way he loves her by asking for things over and over. It just annoyed DS and she hitted him. I think DS is lacking perspective with both Taek and JH!

I do agree that JH has not been upfront and that DS needs to ask herself why. I just don't see why this is something that has to go in Taek's favor? Do you see what I mean?

Anyway, it's really interesting but I see that I agree with almost all the points you make. But I just don't see the causal links... To me, Taek and JH are at similar stages. Taek has certainly been a bit more open about his crush, but with the other guys only. JH has expressed his interest to DS directly but in subverted ways. So in a sense, they both did not clearly said it. What perspective can DS have then?... IT is too early for it to be an argument in favor of one of the guys IMO.

@carolinedl. I think you're mistaken about something Chingu^^ I'm raising this argument not to justify Taek as her husband. lol. I'm saying again  this is my opinion, DS has never think of Taek as love interest or someone capable to love something other than baduk that's why she will be shocked at'You know nothing about me, I've someone I love'  and will realize it was only because how she simply wanted to see it and never think about it twice. I will give another example to make my point clear ,  you've been close with someone same gender as you for years  and  you learned he/she loves you romantically wouldn't you been flabbergasted? Wouldn't you question yourself how could you haven't catch any clue? Does it matter that person has been  hiding it from you? We are talking about life long friends here DS will take her time to realize how she was acting towards Taek and just maybe would she do same exact thing for others? If she would then could her strength be healing others? This is how I think. She can love or marry with JH anytime then they can talk about this kind of thing as much as they want since JH was watching her all the time  he can help her brazen her vision too but not like Taek did it now.  Sigh...

Thing is, when she was told SW liked her and thought he would confess, the fact they were friends for a long time and things would change didn't bother her. I'm not saying the plot may not go there, it just won't make much sense to me if it does.

17 minutes ago, toera said:

Thing is, when she was told SW liked her and thought he would confess, the fact they were friends for a long time and things would change didn't bother her. I'm not saying the plot may not go there, it just won't make much sense to me if it does.

You meant to answer my post? Well big difference and sorry I'm kinda lazy to explain it differently again since this is only speculation let's leave it here and after we see next episode we can talk about it then^^ 

1 minute ago, onlysb1 said:

You meant to answer my post? Well big difference and sorry I'm kinda lazy to explain it differently again since this is only speculation let's leave it here and after wee see next episode talk about it later ^^ 

I just wanted to point out that she wasn't afraid to explore the possibility of SW liking her, nor was she afraid later to ask JH about the blind date so why wouldn't she do the same in this case? Or would she? We'll see.

Sorry I didn't quote. it was  because it was the third time i was trying to submit a reply.(Still learning the forum).

12 minutes ago, toera said:

I just wanted to point out that she wasn't afraid to explore the possibility of SW liking her, nor was she afraid later to ask JH about the blind date so why wouldn't she do the same in this case? Or would she? We'll see.

Sorry I didn't quote. it was  because it was the third time i was trying to submit a reply.(Still learning the forum).

Ah that's because It was built up in ep 14 that DS has her inner conflicts or illusions

• DS:Why nobody loves me? DR: The question should be who you love.
  • DS:JB Hyung wouldn't do something like that. WO: You don't know anything about man, do you?
  • DS :I know everything about Taek. TK: You know nothing about me.

Fatal damage  lol so I'm far away to connect it with love lines even there is one or two confession next episode  ^^ 

1 hour ago, onlysb1 said:

@carolinedl. I think you're mistaken about something Chingu^^ I'm raising this argument not to justify Taek as her husband. lol. I'm saying again  this is my opinion, DS has never think of Taek as love interest or someone capable to love something other than baduk that's why she will be shocked at'You know nothing about me, I've someone I love'  and will realize it was only because how she simply wanted to see it and never think about it twice. I will give another example to make my point clear ,  you've been close with someone same gender as you for years  and  you learned he/she loves you romantically wouldn't you been flabbergasted? Wouldn't you question yourself how could you haven't catch any clue? Does it matter that person has been  hiding it from you? We are talking about life long friends here DS will take her time to realize how she was acting towards Taek and just maybe would she do same exact thing for others? If she would then could her strength be healing others? This is how I think. She can love or marry with JH anytime then they can talk about this kind of thing as much as they want since JH was watching her all the time  he can help her brazen her vision too but not like Taek did it now.  Sigh...

Actually I think you have lost me now! Ha ha... When I started reading the beginning, I thought ok maybe I misunderstood everything you had said but the last sentence sent me back to why I so disagree.

Yes, she has to ask herself all those questions, the same way she has to ask herself a bunch of question in relation to JH. But how are Taek's question more valuable than the questions she has to ask herself in relation to JH? Is there a value system to love? I alos think the episode at school with the girl who has epilepsy can raise a similar questionning in DS.

I think I see your point that the questions related to Taek reveal something about her self and are therefore more significant (I don't think they necessarily are but that's a difference in opinion) but do they necessarily infer love, as in a love relationship, especially if she would do the same for everyone since it is in her nature?

Again, it's the same objection I want to raise... I think to know that we have to wait a few more episodes to see what sort of consequences we are going to see. Perhaps we can start this conversation again after episode 15? ;) I think we'll have more to deal with then, or let's hope we will!!

@carolinedl. Lol sorry Chingu that last sentence does not speak my mind because I really don't see that possibility with JH as for now. And it will be left my imagination if that ever happens but as for why I insisted on Taek is on the comment above. It has builded up like that and it has nothing to do with love lines in my opinion which makes big difference for now because I give thought to Taek DS dynamic more than JH and I kinda make my assumptions regarding what I see on preview too so I agree let's leave it then ^^ 

24 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:
24 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

Ah that's because It was built up in ep 14 that DS has her inner conflicts or illusions

• DS:Why nobody loves me? DR: The question should be who you love.
  • DS:JB Hyung wouldn't do something like that. WO: You don't know anything about man, do you?
  • DS :I know everything about Taek. TK: You know nothing about me.

Fatal damage  lol so I'm far away to connect it with love lines even there is one or two confession next episode  ^^ 

That could be fatal damage for DR. SW dating BR, JH in his room and his misery, Taek studying baduk... if DS goes soul searching he'll be all alone. Someone confess to DR. lol

9 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

My first post for a long time in main thread, since English not my native language I dunno how to use fancy words and terms so please go easy on me

In my opinion JH's tough exterior is conditioned behavior and his big weakness or mishap while his soft heart is his true self.

Hide contents

Not only towards DS whom he sincerely loves, also towards his family (specially mother) his friends (specially Taek) he has been very considerate and kind. But his exterior is like self defense mechanism it's not his dominant characteristic. It's not only because he is shy but also he is afraid to be hurt. He is afraid to take those risks everyone needs  to face in order to mature. In my opinion if he were to talk with SW that time, he wouldn't have misunderstood situation maybe he would help DS giving a hint SW likes BR not her. But his self-pride doesn't allow him to do so like what happens now. He wants to do right thing for everyone, he cares so much his friends but it's not an excuse to keep everything to himself. He should've talked about it at least with DR. The reason I see this as regression  is because I love him as a character I don't want to see him getting hurt by himself but he brought this to himself and it's unfair to him, it's unfair to DS and it's unfair to Taek. DS deserves at least an explanation or rejection from JH's side which is not coming for weeks now. You know what, when JH allows  his true nature to be seen by others it will be great character development on his side and that's what I'm expecting regardless he is husband or not. 

Taek is almost opposite of JH. He  orientated himself being strong inside since he already knows how harsh outside of his comfort zone(family,friends) is, which brings him a weakness of being disregarded as individual.

Hide contents

Losing his mom mostly Taek's turning point regarding strengthening his heart. He started to be aware of his father's concern  which made him took little steps in order to show his maturity level to his father. Now he is doing same to DS. If you're still curious why Taek loves DS it's because he has always been most comfortable being around her and you can always see it on his simile. Taek acknowledges DS as a strong and kind girl  that's the reason he can show his weakness to her after losing a game. Taek says he feels like dying without her which implies how he feels like living and seeing other colors except black and white stones  of baduk board when he is with her. Not like he doesn't have a reason to live other than DS but it's more like DS holds that special place for him. A place he wants to be more than a baduk genius, or son, or friend. 

DS on the other hand she looks like airheaded or self centered girl most of the time but her most distinctive characteristic is nursing others, her devotion to her family and her friends.

Hide contents

Middle child syndrome, China trip, Epileptic fit incidents all emphasizing her true nature as even more of a kind and capable kid than SW in neighborhood. When she tries to catch others attention it's looks like she is self centered or all she need is affection but in fact she herself doesn't aware of her self worth , before romantic relationship she needs to establish that self esteem so to speak, which I believe next 6 episodes will resolve around her inner conflicts. I really love this kid and I want her happiness even more than JH and Taek. But in my opinion Taek will be more helping for her to challenge herself which will make her character remarkably  developed by the end of the series.

My best regards ^^

I am a little bit confused here. You tell that JH should tell at least someone how he feels and he has self-pride which doesn't allow him to tell some things to his friends. That's really interesting I never thought about it that way and that he doesn't want to get hurt is normal right. Teak doesn't want to get hurt either so he hasn't confessed to DS yet and in the preview for the next episode he is still unsure about DS feelings.

JH didn't ask SW if he liked DS back then because he was sure SW liked DS, everybody thought that (except viewers with detective eyes haha). You can not blame JH for something he didn't know, he is not some kind of soothsayer. He is not obligated to ask who SW likes and he couldn't have known SW liked BR. Everything pointed out that SW liked DS.

I think no one is obligated to tell their feelings to others. And I think JH is especially not afraid of getting hurt, because he is the one who showed his true feelings to DS instead of the others. Teak showed his feelings to the others but not to DS. So Teak isn't showing his true feelings either. 

You say JH needs to explain to DS or reject her, after all he has done, with what reason/explanation can he reject her? Do you think that is possible in this situation? Then he should make TK confess because JH can't explain that by himself. Even if he told DR, what could DR do about it? That would only make things more complicated in this situation. 

The reason why JH can not confess is bc TK confessed first. So TK holds the key to everything right now. Everybody has been waiting for him for weeks and we all know Teak has got a busy life with baduk and his trips. So you can't blame anyone in this situation. This is why we love this drama so much. It is very realistic!!

10 minutes ago, toera said:

That could be fatal damage for DR. SW dating BR, JH in his room and his misery, Taek studying baduk... if DS goes soul searching he'll be all alone. Someone confess to DR. lol

Lol exactly ! plus JB Hyung has gf too <3 Maybe he still has NL? Now that could be reason he finds new hobby based on texted preview ^^ 

Let's make this simple, because well I'm aware I've my own way of thinking on layered characters. I will use their  own lines for this.

I am a little bit confused here. You tell that JH should tell at least someone how he feels and he has self-pride which doesn't allow him to tell some things to his friends. "Are you crayz why would you love DS? // I'm saying DS is prettier one among ugly girls!" That's really interesting I never thought about it that way and that he doesn't want to get hurt is normal right. Teak doesn't want to get hurt either so he hasn't confessed to DS yet and in the preview for the next episode he is still unsure about DS feelings. "Taek: If I confess would she even believe me?"

JH didn't ask SW if he liked DS back then because he was sure SW liked DS, everybody thought that  (except viewers with detective eyes haha). You can not blame JH for something he didn't know, he is not some kind of soothsayer. He is not obligated to ask who SW likes and he couldn't have known SW liked BR. Everything pointed out that SW liked DS. "SW: Sit I will explain. JH: I'm not interested in other people's love life."

I think no one is obligated to tell their feelings to others. And I think JH is especially not afraid of getting hurt, because he is the one who showed his true feelings to DS instead of the others. Teak showed his feelings to the others but not to DS. So Teak isn't showing his true feelings either. "TK: I'm sorry I will buy you whatever you want// Let's go to cinema. // You're pretty. // I quit taking medicine since you said so, // Thank you for helping me again do you want anything as souvenir. // Gives away his trophy insert goat sound. " 

You say JH needs to explain to DS or reject her, after all he has done, with what reason/explanation can he reject her? (I want to focus on my studies so I've no time to date.) Do you think that is possible in this situation? Then he should make TK confess because JH can't explain that by himself. Even if he told DR, what could DR do about it? (DR: What do you take Taek for? Do you think he would breakdown  just because of a girl? Well he would feel betrayed if you're planning do nothing about it forever like his feelings grow further than this for example?) That would only make things more complicated in this situation. 

The reason why JH can not confess is bc TK confessed first.  So TK holds the key to everything right now.  Everybody has been waiting for him for weeks and we all know Teak has got a busy life with baduk and his trips. So you can't blame anyone in this situation. This is why we love this drama so much. It is very realistic!! Waiting for Taek to do something about it? Ok...

7 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

Let's make this simple, because well I'm aware I've my own way of thinking on layered characters. I will use their  own lines for this.

I am a little bit confused here. You tell that JH should tell at least someone how he feels and he has self-pride which doesn't allow him to tell some things to his friends. "Are you crayz why would you love DS? // I'm saying DS is prettier one among ugly girls!" That's really interesting I never thought about it that way and that he doesn't want to get hurt is normal right. Teak doesn't want to get hurt either so he hasn't confessed to DS yet and in the preview for the next episode he is still unsure about DS feelings. "Taek: If I confess would she even believe me?"

JH didn't ask SW if he liked DS back then because he was sure SW liked DS, everybody thought that  (except viewers with detective eyes haha). You can not blame JH for something he didn't know, he is not some kind of soothsayer. He is not obligated to ask who SW likes and he couldn't have known SW liked BR. Everything pointed out that SW liked DS. "SW: Sit I will explain. JH: I'm not interested in other people's love life."

I think no one is obligated to tell their feelings to others. And I think JH is especially not afraid of getting hurt, because he is the one who showed his true feelings to DS instead of the others. Teak showed his feelings to the others but not to DS. So Teak isn't showing his true feelings either. "TK: I'm sorry I will buy you whatever you want// Let's go to cinema. // You're pretty. // I quit taking medicine since you say so, // Thank you for helping me again do you want anything as souvenir. // Gives away his trophy insert goat sound. " 

You say JH needs to explain to DS or reject her, after all he has done, with what reason/explanation can he reject her? (I want to focus on my studies so I've no time to date.) Do you think that is possible in this situation? Then he should make TK confess because JH can't explain that by himself. Even if he told DR, what could DR do about it? (DR: What do you take Taek for? Do you think he would breakdown  just because of a girl? Well he would feel betrayed if you're planning do nothing about it forever like his feelings grow further than this for example?) That would only make things more complicated in this situation. 

The reason why JH can not confess is bc TK confessed first.  So TK holds the key to everything right now.  Everybody has been waiting for him for weeks and we all know Teak has got a busy life with baduk and his trips. So you can't blame anyone in this situation. This is why we love this drama so much. It is very realistic!! Waiting for Taek do something about it? Ok...

That's just the way JH speaks, just like I said. He is not obligated to tell how he feels and the way he is denying is just more harsh. "Are you crayz why would you love DS? // I'm saying DS is prettier one among ugly girls!" When I was 18 years old I certainly didn't want to show my feelings to anyone so it is not about self-pride. He just is an 18 year old boy here. If we speak about self-pride that's something else in my eyes I don't know if I see another meaning in self-pride, that could be it.

Same explanation for: "SW: Sit I will explain. JH: I'm not interested in other people's love life." Teak is just softer in nature and JH is more harsh. They already talked about Teak being a pushover, because he is so naive. So yes both of them should mature, but that's normal for 18 years old right.

"TK: I'm sorry I will buy you whatever you want// Let's go to cinema. // You're pretty. // I quit taking medicine since you say so, // Thank you for helping me again do you want anything as souvenir. // Gives away his trophy insert goat sound. "  When watching these scenes I couldn't get a tension there. Showing you like someone as a woman is like JH bringing an umbrella at 2 am in the rain, or protecting her from bumping to others in the bus etc. Teak was just too friendly saying/doing those things, so I didn't count them as showing he likes her as a woman.

(I want to focus on my studies so I've no time to date.) JH doesn't even know DS feelings for sure, so how can he act upon that. You are asking him something that's not possible in my opinion. Didn't he have to study when he showed his feelings in all of his actions. He wouldn't have done all those things if that was a valid explanation. And I don't see why JH should be the one to reject her when nothing is going on. Even if he would reject her, DS would still hurt because she seems to like him very much at the moment.

(DR: What do you take Taek for? Do you think he would breakdown  just because of a girl? Well he would feel betrayed if you're planning do nothing about it forever like his feelings grow further than this for example?) How do you know DR is going to answer like this? So you are actually saying that in the end Teak is very strong and will say that JH can have the girl? Hmm again JH is not a soothsayer, in JH eyes no one can do anything about this situation. If DR knew and things would eventually get out in the open that would be a risk for the squad. He likes his friends and he just wants things to stay this way in their friendship.

Waiting for Taek do something about it? Ok... What do you mean by this sentence? You give every responsibility to JH. TK should have some responsibility too don't you think. Yes TK could confess his feelings too. That would end this triangle love too.

For me still the same conclusion. Very realistic that the 18 years old boys are not mature enough to deal with this situation. Still can't blame anyone. This drama is based on this triangle so it's normal everybody has his/her own insight. 

@figenfk.  Sorry that neither I'm 18 years old nor writer is...Taek and JH are two very different character in my eyes and I love both,  they both have their mishaps which is why I'm anticipating to see their character development regardless love lines, still their status  also very different in love lines which reflects on their responses and I prefer Taek's. 

Still can't blame anyone. This drama is based on this triangle so it's normal everybody has his/her own insight. 

But It's good that you know answer ^^ 

I found new DC posts to share :D

Spoiler

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=335922&page=1&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=jpg

How JH ties his shoes lol. It is said to be longer lasting and especially used when wearing soccer shoes

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=337954&page=10

- Title: I want to see Master TK

- I think I'm going to die

- What are you thinking about right now?
- Choi Taek

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=337692&page=2&exception_mode=recommend

How SunBora would probably break up. The gif is SW's reaction.

BR: Let's break up

SW: For real?

BR: Yeah, let's break up

SW: Noona, why do you say such things when knowing that I love you?

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=337114&page=1&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=jpg

- Title: Honestly, isn't this the color that JH looks the best in??

___________________________________________________________________________________

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=332710&page=2&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=jpg

Preparing the set
___________________________________________________________________________________

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=335987&page=9&exception_mode=recommend

The lyrics match the scenes well :D 

Spoiler

I’m thinking hard all day because of you
But I still don’t know what to do with you
Baby baby baby baby baby you
Play me play me play me play me play me

Your eyes take my breath away and confuse me
It makes my rational senses scatter away
Baby baby baby baby baby you
Crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

Like a mannequin, everything is so awkward
I should just act like I do normally but whenever I see you, I act so stupid