[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Episode 2, we see DS reading romance novels. They do a close-up of the book cover, so I took a closer look at it.

The first novel she reads is "An Officer and a Princess" (장교와 프린세스) by Carla Cassidy. I did a quick search and found that there is an actual Harlequin romance novel by the same name and author, although it was published much after 1988.

http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.html?iid=42818

Here is the novel description:

"Bound by honor and devoted to his country, dashing lieutenant Adam Sinclair readily agreed to help Princess Isabel Stanbury carry out her brilliant plan to rescue her father, the missing King Michael. But he hadn't counted on the feelings that accompanied a reunion with the only woman he'd ever loved--or that posing as a married couple would feel so...right. Adam knew the country was depending on their ability to rescue the beloved king, but was he capable of resisting his traitorous heart?"

DS is disappointed by the first one because "all they do is kiss." So she hopes to see some bare skin as she grabs the second novel. The book is titled "Dangerous Roommates" (위험한 룸메이트) by Alison Kelly, and upon some research, I learned that "Dangerous Roommates" is the working Korean title of an existing Harlequin romance novel by Alison Kelly. The original English title is "Man About the House."

http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.html;jsessionid=9307C46C58EF164B8657EAD5AFA41961?iid=44720&cid=

The novel is part of the Man Talk series because it is told from the guy's point of view. Here is the novel description:

"Brett could have any woman he wanted--but right now all he wanted was to be single. He wanted his home, his life and his bed all to himself! Having split up with his latest girlfriend, Brett decided that work was more reliable than women. House-sitting for his mother offered an added distraction from dating. At least, that had been the plan....

But when he arrived, he discovered a house-sitter already in residence--of the gorgeous, sexy, female variety! Joanna was the ultimate temptation. And living under the same roof was testing Brett's best intentions to the limit!"

Now, this is where it gets interesting. Someone from DC Gallery went ahead and bought an ebook version of the Korean translated "Dangerous Roommates" by Alison Kelly. (http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=354472&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=&s_type=search_subject&s_keyword=%EA%B0%9C%EB%96%A1+%EA%B6%81%EC%98%88)

And she noted some similarities between DS and Joanna from the novel. Joanna is poor, has an older sister who is described as a witch, and she often goes around the house in her pajamas. In the novel, it explains that it's because Joanna thinks her pajamas are pretty.

Also, the ebook is 300 pages long, and for 250 pages, the DC Galler notes that there's no progress in the love line because Brett tries to ignore/dismiss his feelings for Joanna. And he keeps saying to himself, "I shouldn't be like this." LOL

Finally, near the end, Brett confesses to Joanna, they kiss, and the story ends as they get ready to have sex. In the epilogue, it shows Brett and Joanna happy together with their kids.

(Crap, I kept writing DS everywhere. But since we all want her to get into college, here are some SY, SY, SY, SY, SY, SY, SY!) 

On 12/24/2015 at 0:54 AM, wasted_youth said:

The first part of Kim family Olleh telco CF is out :D 

Can't stop laughing haha.

:D:D:D I love it. I understood not one word but still i was rolling in laughter. Only my Bong could fin so many spectacular ways to fail a test. Was he holding protest pamphlets and that's why 5-0 dragged him away? My baby, please never change :wub:

@blue_angel_1004 this team is freaking scary LOL. I swear the attention to ever little detail. It's genius and a lot of hard work (imagine how hard it must have been to find the books then incorporate some elements of that in the 88 series bring panned out) . At this point I'll be very disappointed of Ana PD and co do not do a lifer mystery next. Now that's one who dunit I'd like to be involved in. What must I do to make that happen? 

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

On 12/24/2015 at 0:54 AM, wasted_youth said:

The first part of Kim family Olleh telco CF is out :D 

Can't stop laughing haha.

LOL Jung Pal looks already that old in 1983 =)))

He was just 12 then =)))

Poor Bong hyung. Now I know why he failed 7 times =))

Kim family is jjang (y)

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

1 hour ago, NRGchick said:

I am glad the song  "Everyday With You" by DeulGukHwa (Wild Chrysanthenum/Chamomile) is getting some recognition. Although the first time I heard it was in this drama, it has such a dreamy feel to it...

I second that. I am a big fan of Deulgukhwa!!!:wub:

[221215] The Unusual Pasts Of The AM1988′ers

8) Ahn Jaehong
 -debuted in the 2009 film, ‘Gukyung’
 -’The 2nd Song Kangho’

7) Ryu Hyeyoung:
 -called the Gong Hyojin of indie movies
 -debuted in 2007, and has been in a variety of indie movies, including ‘Graduation Trip’ and ‘INGtoogi’

6) Lee Donghwi:
 -debuted in the 2012 flim, ‘Way Back Home’, and has also been in ‘Cold Eyes’ and ‘No Tears For The Dead’

5) Go Kyungpyo:
 -use to be a trainee at YG Entertainment
 -entered YG in high school and was preparing to be an actor, but left to focus on his classes in university
 -appeared on a reality show as the friend of Kara’s Nicole

4) Kim Sunyoung:
 -a veteran actress of 21 years
 -the actor she respects most is Song Saebyuk

3) Park Bogum:
 -was a swimmer in middle school, but couldn’t overcome a slump, so he stopped
 -dreamed of being a singing since he liked music, but his company said he suited acting more, so he became an actor

2) Hyeri:
 -was nicknamed ‘Goddess’ during her school days in Jamshil
 -the PD revealed that when they were making the character, Deoksun, they based her off of Hyeri’s broadcasts

1) Ryu Joonyeol:
 -debuted last year in the movie ‘Socialphobia’
 -dreamed of going to a College of Education as a highschool senior, but he failed to get in the first time
 -as he was preparing his studies afterwards, he realized that studying wasn’t for him, so he went to the Department of Theatre and developed the desire to become an actor

X

• [+1863, -69] It seems like Ahn Jaehong will succeed big as an actor. The Second Song Kangho
  • [+1492, -40] Looking at Ryu Joonyeol’s normal personality, it seems like he just enjoys life
  • [+923, -38] I hope each and every one of them do well in the future! AM1988 - Fighting ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
  • [+828, -23] Ahn Jaehong is so cute ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+586, -22] All the actors are amazing, without a single exception!!
  • [+214, -5] Shin Wonho PD is really good at casting. Before the show starts, I think “You’re really using that person?? Why??”, but watching the show, I can’t help but to acknowledge them
  • [+229, -10] I’m surprised that Ryu Joonyeol debuted at 29. I thought he got popular this time around after a bout of obscurity, but he’s this popular in just a year
  • [+182, -13] I didn’t know Junghwanie debuted this late…
  • [+138, -5] It’s a series that let us know of gems that we didn’t know of before ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ AM1988 is the most like this of the three ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Get popular, all of you!
  • [+140, -11] Heol, Socialphobia was Ryu Joonyeol’s debut project? His acting was so good to the point that I mistakenly thought he was a VJ in real life

http://goonggeumhani.tumblr.com/

[231215] Ryu Hyeyoung’s Harper Bazaar Photoshoot

http://entertain.naver.com/photo/read?oid=433&aid=0000014200

• [+4996, -271] At first, she was really loud so I didn’t like her, but the more I saw her, the more charming she became. And she’s a dating professor with her push-and-pull with Sunwoo ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+4269, -218] In episodes 1 and 2, I was thinking ‘Are there Unnies this crazy?”, but she slowly became more human. Her legs are pretty too, and she’s cute when she smiles.
  • [+3385, 0153] Her skin is so nice… She must take care of it well, but she was probably born with it too..
  • [+2377, -128] She really suits the role of Sung Bora
  • [+1630, -142] Her gaze is so suggestive
  • [+345, -49] Her legs are so pretty…. I thought she was a model seeing her from behind walking in a skirt with Sunwoo ㅎ
  • [+275, -29] Her skin is so nice
  • [+233, -18] Ever since she’s been dating Sunwoo, she nags Sooyeonie less
  • [+273, -33] Her skin is daebak. That’s the skin of a 5th grader
  • [+255, -28] Her face looks more countrified with makeup.. Her bare face looks the prettiest!!!!! Sung Bora, Ryu Hyeyoung - Fighting!!
  • [+211, -18] Even if it wasn’t for the character Bora, her face is angry-looking. But her acting is really good

[231215] AM1994 Cameos in AM1988

The agency of a AM1994 actor said “We discussed making cameos since earlier. There aren’t precise times, but there are plans to film soon.”.

X

• [+12987, -130] I’m looking forward to it. It’s be daebak if Samcheonpo and Junghwan’s dad meet..ㅎㅎ
  • [+6794, -209] It feels like Junghwan and Sseuregi will meet as doctor colleagues ㅠㅠ
  • [+3396, -104] I’m looking forward to Sseuregi - meet Junghwan, and his dad too ㅋㅋ
  • [+3121, -164] Oh oh!!! Junghwan’s Med School sunbae, Jungwoo!!!! I’m looking forward to their meeting ㅋㅋ
  • [+749, -15] I want to see an argument between Dohee and Bora ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+586, -11] Am I the only one looking forward to Sung Dongil’s triple roles?? ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+529, -10] There’s not need to account for Kim Sungkyun’s schedule, so he’s doing one for sure ㅋㅋ I’m looking forward to Samcheonpo and President Kim’s meeting the most
  • [+366, -3] I’m looking forward to Three Dongil and Two Sungkyun ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+304, -6] When Ra Miran sees Samcheonpo, it’s going to be “Uh? You look like my husband?”, “Is that so? I have a common face” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+287, -10] I miss the AM1994 members so much ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
  • [+194, -6] It’d be really funny if Junghwan goes to Med School and Sunwoo goes into computer sciences, and they meet all the AM1994 gang

[211215] ‘The Original Gaeddal Sung Shiwon’… Jung Eunji Visits The AM1988 Set

tumblr_inline_nztouj19ub1qm4lwb_540.jpg

“For the first time in a while, Gaeddal went to greet her dad yesterday. As expected, our dad hasn’t changed at all. The Sung family is love. ‘Answer Me 1988′ - Fighting!”

• [+703, -7] Sung Shiwon vs Sung Dongil had legendary chemistry
  • [+589, -21] The reason why there’s AM1988 now is all because of the AM1997 actors
  • [+444, -11] Gaeddal #1, Sung Shiwon ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+320, -3] Sung Dongil ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He acts so well
  • [+301, -3] The original gaeddal ㅋㅋㅋ Sung Shiwon
  • [+268, -10] Go Ara is the daughter that is kind and studies well. Sung Bora is the daughter that isn’t kind but studies well. Hyeri is the daughter that is kind but can’t study well. Sung Shiwon is the daughter that isn’t kind and can’t study well ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+219, -1] “Ahjussi, who are you?” “Yeah, I don’t have parents” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+175, -11] No matter how many AM series are made, it can’t live up to AM1997… Yoon Yoonjae-Sung Shiwon
  • [+151, -4] If AM1997 wasn’t popular, there wouldn’t be a AM1988 right now
  • [+106, -0] Gaeddal #1, Sung Shiwon ㅋㅋㅋ I wish she’d make a cameo
  • http://goonggeumhani.tumblr.com/

Trans: Santa Claus once said. 
(it would be good if no one is left out and be happy on Christmas day.
Why? Because it’s Christmas Day) Thank You Lord!

Note: he is copying Jungbong’s “Grandfather once said..”

This is his Christmas message to everyone <3 Happy holidays~<3

Source/Credit: eyesonryu.tumblr.com

Archived