[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16% rating for a cable drama. Wow. Just Wow. I am guessing that the ending will probably hit 20%. I wonder if the next Reply(if ever there is a next one) can surpassed Reply 1988's ratings. 

As a girl's day and hyeri fan, I hope GsD will do well with the cfs and hopefully have more acting opportunities. Truth be told, I started to watch this one (watch and not just rely on dramabeans recap) because of her and wanting her to prove her haters wrong. The hate she was getting was very toxic and there is a lot of sponsor accusations. It was really fun reading the inetizens post after knetizens agree that Hyeri is not bad at all as DS.  

At first it really irked me (because I am way, way too biased) that a lot of headlines and a lot of discussions centered around the boys. But the more I get immersed in the show and this thread I was doing what I hated the most: discussing who is the husband more :lol:. I guess it is inevitable. I find Taek handsome and I really want a happy ending for my chosen ship. 

Dec.20.2015 Filming in boys' highschool at midnight.

It's Junghwan and Sunwoo and they're wearing white shirt, maybe summer uniform? or they just put off jacket?
tumblr_nzovz3YCi01uavo0oo1_540.jpg

Also there was a fliming in girls' highschool too, all day long and all night long. Because it's Sunday, the school is empty.
There were outdoor scenes in girls' highschool, people could hear the director's 'Action!' from out of the fence.

The students of that schools said that they heard it was the last filming in the highschools.

After watching ep 11 again i can't help to think this is so funny..

oXhYfu6.jpg

While SUNWOO's face looks like this

IsKpj1j.jpg

SW thinks: Mom doesn't know that we already did this

giphy.gif

When she know she will be like

giphy.gif

SW's omma : Aigooo.....

Anyaway, waiting for sub got me like

giphy.gif

and to think we're just 4 days apart from Friday... yay.... Keep fighting guys.. we can do it

27 minutes ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

Did anyone watch what just happened on Miss Universe 2015... cuz if they did, I hope that Shin PD doesn't get inspired from that major trolling and that he won't pull a Steve Martin on us LOL :sweatingbullets:

NO.....we already being trolled for this past few weeks..urrggghhhh,sigh...we dont need any mayor trolling again..please dont let happen..dont get inspired by that.. LOL:sweatingbullets: it will be mental breakdown for me....

Hi, a bit off-topic with what this thread is currently talking about, but is anyone (or knows someone) here who's organizing a bulk/group order for the 텐바이텐X응답하라1988 (10x10XReply1988) merchandise? I want to buy the notebook but it requires registration (I think) and it needs a Korean mobile number, which I don't have. Thank you!

For reference, if anyone is interested: https://www.10x10.co.kr/shopping/category_prd.asp?itemid=1401877&disp=101103104&pBtr=reply1988

1 hour ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

Did anyone watch what just happened on Miss Universe 2015... cuz if they did, I hope that Shin PD doesn't get inspired from that major trolling and that he won't pull a Steve Martin on us LOL :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Yes! that was way too effed up. I wasn't even rooting for anyone but they took her crown and s h i t, jesus christ. Miss Colombia should be compensated with 1 million for this worldwide public embarrassment 

43 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

Hi, a bit off-topic with what this thread is currently talking about, but is anyone (or knows someone) here who's organizing a bulk/group order for the 텐바이텐X응답하라1988 (10x10XReply1988) merchandise? I want to buy the notebook but it requires registration (I think) and it needs a Korean mobile number, which I don't have. Thank you!

For reference, if anyone is interested: https://www.10x10.co.kr/shopping/category_prd.asp?itemid=1401877&disp=101103104&pBtr=reply1988

Hohohoh.. I am interested in the calendar!

4 hours ago, reyna0804 said:

All these hospital visits isn't good for my heart. 

Is that Samcheonpo... I mean President Kim... sick in the next preview? 

I demand to see ALL the dads, moms, and kids in the present time please!!!

Nooooooooo nothing can happen to our sunshine King. It would break my Junghwan's heart (he did pick dad over mom LOL) it would crush my Queen Mi Ran (she needs him so much. He truly is her better half. Have you seen their lovely picture on their tv top?) and I don't even want to think of what that would do to my Bong (dad gets, accepts, and loves him so much). The Kims are my favorite family and nothing can happen to anyone of them. 

@blue_angel_1004 I agree with the assessment of both boys. Both are so much more than simply "Deok Sun's future husband". While I do have a ship and whom I prefer to be the husband, it doesn't stop me from valuing both as characters. I applaud the writer for making almost all the characters (needs more Dong Ryeong) so multifaced and layered. While in the past I didn't care for the second leads much (they really had little going other than being the foil to the OTP). Here I really care about both Taek and Junghwan and want both to have a happy ending. Which is very much will happen for both with or without Deok Sun. Also the squad and families will learn to accept whomever Deok Sun chooses to like them love. 

I really wish they would tell us the husband. Fans are starting to make me tire of it LOL and I really really really want to meet grown up Bong hyung. The writers can't bring him on until they reveal the husband because why would he just show up at Taek and Deok Sun's house? Agioo I want to meet the adult squad. I can imagine a future career for everyone but Junghwan (sports medicine? sports announcer? Doctor? Writer? A photographer! He's always taking pictures!). I also really want to meet adult Jinjoo. That precious cutie eat 2 bananas at once. I'll be kind of disappointed if she's not a chef, food taster, or a fashion princess. Also where is the Kim's dog? I have grown fond of the dog we never see and want to see it again. 

1 hour ago, dairymilks said:

I want. But I'm broke :( 

20 minutes ago, wasted_youth said:

This is so sweet. Jang Eun-ji and Sung Dong-il met yesterday and she also wishes the best to her appa & the rest of 1988 team.

omggg so cute! as much as I love DS, Shiwon is forever the best gae-ddal.

@wasted_youth Ahhhh maybe she'll do a cameo? Maybe she'll be friends with JinJoo in middleschool/high school and theyll both fangirl over H.O.T. ( as we can see JinJoo already loves watching and imitating the TV) or there can be a scene where Siwon meets DS and gets insecure cuz she looks like Tony's type HAHAH 

52 minutes ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

@wasted_youth Ahhhh maybe she'll do a cameo? Maybe she'll be friends with JinJoo in middleschool/high school and theyll both fangirl over H.O.T. ( as we can see JinJoo already loves watching and imitating the TV) or there can be a scene where Siwon meets DS and gets insecure cuz she looks like Tony's type HAHAH 

Oh man I would love for this to happen. It would be awesome to see her and teen Jinjoo going fangirl crazy together and annoying Shiwon's dad who "wow he really looks like one of my neighborhood ahjussis" heh. I think a 94 cameo would be more likely since the characters are closer in age and if we really do skip to 94, they would be in the same year and area Seoul while Shiwon and the gang would still be in Busan right? 

#TeamHwanSun. To be honest,  I'm very confused right now. I realized that both JH and DS have got each other presents, a shirt for JH and a pair of mittens for DS ,which are all pink. But they didn't use the presents they were given. and JH even didn't explain to DS the misunderstanding of JB wearing the same pink shirt as DS's gift to JH. What do you guys feel about this?  Is this a hint that they might not choose each other later on?  please writer nim, don't let it be.

47 minutes ago, Shaun Zai said:

wouldn't it be funny if the husband turn out to be DR.well joohyuk kinda look alike as DR haha

Well to be honest, I think there is more a possibility that the husband is DR than Taek.  I say this based on the mannerism and personality.  

Archived