[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12360392_1532657130379264_46722321682698

Translation:

In this late winter of 1989, I wanted to know whether the reason my heart was beating crazily was because of my illness or because of this girl. I wanted to know.

11221397_1533707833607527_35781741477209

Translation:

When I was young, a superman lived at our house. He was a MacGyver for whom there was nothing in this world that wasn't fixable, and if there was someone somewhere who needed help, he would appear and solve the problem; never showing any sign of weakness, he was a hero of heroes. But as I stepped out of the phase of childhood innocence, I began to realize the truth. He'd only been hiding it, but superman was a person too. I also learned of the disgusting, shameful, nauseating, sad, scary, overwhelming world that slashed out at our dads.

And I am now just realizing. Even though it is disgusting, shameful, nauseating, sad, scary, and overwhelming, the reason he endured it all was because he had people to protect. Because he had a family and because he had me. And because he had to live with the name no other than 'dad'.

Ryu Hye-young uploaded Bogumi photo with these hashtags haha :D

3529767497_de528273_FullSizeRender_zpsqh

#먹보검 #밥보검 #4개먹는택이 #밥버거 #밥버거 #어묵 #떡 #숫자수작업 #먹보귀염귀염 #먹고또먹는먹보검 #밥버거밥보검 #음식이어디로들어가세유? #최택 #아니고밥보검

Spoiler

2049732386_f1caf18a_IMG_3868_zpsz7yn3ftz

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Keke, it must be true that PBG eats a lot! RHY shared that he ate two burgers, fish cake, and rice cake. She wrote that he eats, eats, and eats again. Then she wondered where all the food went. What a cutie~~ 

Oh, and I also read a news article today that RJY in real life almost played baduk competitively in the amateur level. For the baduk scene between the dads, he acted as their coach behind the scene. What a cutie~~

Can't handle all these cute boys in one show! 

Really? Ryu Jun-yeori ga? Haha. Now I want to see a BTS video of him coaching the ajusshis. 

This scene made me think how cute it would be if Kim sajang had a daughter because I would have shipped them together. I want Kim Jung-bong and Kim Sung-Gyun to bring Taek into their crazy world haha and also Ra-yeosanim to teach that boy some basic house skills.

3695583038_f7b341cd_Download_2015_12_20_

Too cute this boy it's just impossible not to love him.

The titles of each eipsode were titles of the songs. The title of ep15 is 'Between love and friendship' which is very popular song released at 1992. This song is not about what to choose, but about parting.

Between love and friendship - Pinocchio

I think of you sweeping your hair up.
Time separates you and me gradually. Where and why did we go wrong?
I’m even afraid to hold your small hand.
I know what parting is. Though our meeting lasted for short, I have no regrets.
No one can replace you. But still, no is always no. It’s just a lingering affection.

The moments I wanted to stop… happy memories… Nothing could replace you.
But now, do I have to replace you with my tears?
I got to know your hidden true heart.

Our relationship is farther than love and nearer than friendship.
I’ll leave your mind towards me now.
I held you dear more than myself and anyone else in the world.
I started to hate myself about it.

We were neither lovers nor friends.
I’ll leave you since I got tired of this awkward relationship.
Our relationship was shorter than happenstance. I leave you in it.

Surprised Taek

3067350370_faea5a9b.gif

3690498743_6a6d5c16_IMG_4062.GIF

Bonus: Surprised Bogum (Actually he's surprised at the sound of firecracker almost every week)

5b5a3da96d16c1fa903e14dd2c83d8be.gif

9 hours ago, shinheenim said:

suddenly i was wondering .. am i the only one who already hopes that there will be a 4th reply next yeaar !!? hhhhh i know that it's too early but i just can't help it kkkkk

@shinheenim LOL! I would love that!!!

But then how far are they gonna go back in time. Lol.  :grin: I can already imagine it. Mama and Papa Sung is still gonna be Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa :heart:

I think it would be fun to have Reply 2005 (not too long ago).. Then at least I would know the little details :)

Either Junghwan or Taek characters are so charming. 

One with tough outside but weak inside, and the other one weak outside but tough inside.

Junghwan I would like to see you  fight back ! I understand you being all gloomy and step back because the one that liking Deoksun is Taek, the one that you all treasure the most. But seriously its time to fight back!

To be honest, I was really septic when they announced a Reply 1988. BUt frankly, now, I want them to do a fourth one! I'd like to see Reply 2000, that would be interesting. Then maybe a Reply 2005 or 2006.

Oh my god, Taekie and PBG getting surprised is so adorable! Especially that last one on Music Bank. Does he really get scared every week? Ha ha :wub:

I was reading the Taek- Deok Sun shipper thread and noted a misunderstanding that I wanted to clear but since I think many other people may also be confused so I'm posting here. The quintet listed by age is below (oldest to youngest):

Kim Jung Hwan: March 1971

Deok Sun (Soo Young) and Sun Woo: August 17 1971

Taek: October 8 1971

Dong Ryong: January 28 1972

Annyeonghaseyo R88 fans..so i've been reading this thread for a while.this is my first post in this thread so i'm sorry if what i'am about to post is out of topic :grimace:..i realize in ep14 that DukSun nickname is Dooly while Taek is Heedong so i went online searching about Dooly the little Dinosour

• Heedong (Korean: 희동) came to live with Uncle Kildong after his parents went abroad to study. He misses his mom everyday, but feels utterly entertained by Dooly the Brother. Thanks to the excessive amounts of time he spends with Dooly, he isn't afraid of anything. He is also really good at biting someone or scratches them when they make him mad. He has broken Douner's Time Cosmos' Spaceship
  • Dooly (Korean: 둘리) is a baby dinosaur that was kidnapped by aliens, who had been experimented to give him magical powers.

Based on the description above so here my two cent ..as far as the series goes we all know DS isn't a perfect character but for me DS/TK complement each other.(btw i think DS magical power is her warm heart and kind action that can warm people around her like sung bo ra say everyone love DS:wub: ) although its seem her life involved others(JH/SW/BR/NE/DR/JR) but she spend half of her time around TK.we all know how the series end in R97/94 so maybe just maybe in this series Taek is the end game(the hint from 2015).Yes i know many said JH is the husband but as the series goes don't know why JH is becoming more like Chilbongie.(btw i'm team Chilbong in R94 :bawling: i hate the ending) well everyone has their own opinion anyway i'm looking forward to the next episode. i'm looking forward to TK confession and JH action next. i wish they show us more hint from 2015 in the next episode.Thanks .

3 hours ago, mrukki said:

I was reading the Taek- Deok Sun shipper thread and noted a misunderstanding that I wanted to clear but since I think many other people may also be confused so I'm posting here. The quintet listed by age is below (oldest to youngest):

Kim Jung Hwan: March 1971

Deok Sun (Soo Young) and Sun Woo: August 17 1971

Taek: October 8 1971

Dong Ryong: January 28 1972

That's a really good point about Dong Ryong that as a January baby, he might be a 1972er. But he might very well be a 1971er as well. 

With kids born either in January or February (early birthday babies), parents had a choice to send/start them at school with other kids born that calendar year or with kids born the previous year. The law changed in 2000 so that parents couldn't make that choice anymore and all kids born in the same calendar year had to start school together, even if you have an early birthday. 

But until the law changed, this used to be a dilemma with parents of early birthday babies, whether it was advantageous for their kid to be the oldest kid in class or to be the youngest kid in class. 

So as a January baby, it's not clear whether DR was born in 1971 or 1972 without further information. But it's more likely that DR was born in 1972 because it was more of a trend in Korea to start kids early, as opposed to late. 

(I'm aware of this rule because I was an early birthday baby myself, and this was a decision my parents had to make as well regarding when to start me at school. Many parents of early birthday babies always list pros and cons of either decisions.)

In the matter of birthdays, the parents are most likely using/celebrating their birthdays by the lunar calendar, whereas the kids are following the Gregorian calendar. 

The lack of 2015 scenes is kind of weird. Don't know if it's because they need extra actors for 2015, or because those actors are famous but they haven't shown them for some time now.
Are they going to add more famous people for the gang? OR (and that would be the end of trolling) they will use only them in the last episodes and we won't see the young actors anymore? That would sure start a riot. lol

Dec.22.2015 Hyeri treated coffee to the actors & staffs. The coffee truck owner said there were all young actors&actresses today. But he was sorry he couldn't see Ssangmoondong Tae-Ti-Seo(mothers). Deoksun is still wearing her pajamas. Now I doubt there will be a time jump at ep 15 or 16.

tumblr_nzrjdfW8GO1uavo0oo1_540.png

Archived