[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PiggyKid said:

And his character in that drama is the total opposite of our Taekie too :) I'm really amazed by how talented he is, His roles and acting are always so diverse and different :D

He is amazing, isn't he? I also love the fact that he learned a new skill for almost each project he undertook and be so good or convincing at them:

Hello Monster --  had talks with lawyers to study mannerisms, etc.

Nael Cantabile -- cello and conducting 

Reply1988 -- Baduk

(all other skills please fill me in.. i read once he practiced Ukelele in advance just for a photoshoot? I mean, he can just act like he knows right)

Ok im rambling, back to Reply1988

tumblr_nyhkh5Mzju1u4xdf3o6_400.gif

12 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

@packmule3 Thanksfor another great post of yours ;)

To add in things that make/imply JB being a thief...

HERE WE GO AGAIN, OUR MANITTO GAME IN EP 7

WAIT! WHAT IS THAT TIN GUYSSS?

Cre: owner

This is actually LOTTE FRUIT CANDY in the 1980s.

I THOUGHT LOTTE WAS THE ORIGINAL PRODUCER OF THESE CANDIES BUT...

You guys can find out more info here :)

<read, so that you can find out how such small details link to R88 and Korean society>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charms_Blow_Pops

I was unable to find where/when/how/why Lotte had bought the trademark/design of these candies from Tootsie Roll. But when the tins from 2 different brands looked exactly the same, with the same shaped candies inside, something was wrong about COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Lotte even changed the name of their candies into "LOTTE FRUIT CANDIES" when it was originally "CHARMS SOUR BALLS".

And guess what, @hafunohane pointed out that JB even put HIS NAME ON ALL THE PAPER SLIPS for the first row, in THAT tin hahaha. What a joke! 

In JB's voice: "It's a test"

Me: Hahahahaha. Yeah you are testing me with that brand name JB!

Nowadays, Lotte has changed the packaging AND the colors of these candies:

UNCOVERED DETAIL: WHY DID JB USE THAT VERY TIN CAN FOR THE MANITTO GAME?

:)

That's a really interesting theory and research about the candy. I can't name things, but nowadays there are so many copycat products being sold in the market, and yes they only change the packaging and the name of the product. Btw, do you know if that candy was also sold in South korea? (as in the real one, not the one produced by LOTTE, the one that's produced by the Tootsie Roll Company?) I guess legal action wasn't taken to address the copyright of the products?

The uncovered detail: this is just my opinion, hahah, Jungbong loves to eat in general and maybe that candy with that particular tin is his favorite, that's why he used that for the manitto game? Or maybe he just doesn't have any other tin to use (it would be funny if he uses an empty SPAM can hahaha. If that candy with that tin design was popular back in 88 in SK, then probably the production team wanted to use that candy tin as a prop, so that it can bring back memories to South Koreans who have memories of eating that specific candy with that specific can.

It's cute how Jungbong put all his names inside the box, so that he can get a 100% chance of getting the College Music Festival vinyl, but in the end everyone noticed that the name written on every paper was Jungbong's. Well actually, without every paper having his name, he still got the vinyl anyway, and his wish was granted, and that doesn't make himself a thief, thank God! :D How lucky is he! He won the lottery ticket, he got a free bag of chips after buying more than 2 boxes worth of the chips (the shaman even said he's gonna be lucky in that year), and then he got his vinyl! 

15 minutes ago, PiggyKid said:

@namunamuyeppeo And his character in that drama is the total opposite of our Taekie too :) I'm really amazed by how talented he is, His roles and acting are always so diverse and different :D

But sadly the "kiss" scene there looks just like 2 barbie dolls kissing each other though (very stiff and kinda emotionless might i add) :vicx: Unlike the kiss in our drama :phew:

Really? Wow! This makes me wanna watch the drama! But I will watch it when I finish watching remember, CITT and Signal. I'm planning to watch IRY too! Btw, I watched naeil's cantabile and that's when I first noticed PBG. I must admit I didn't really like his character because I really wanted sunbae to be with naeil, but that doesn't mean I don't like PBG. In fact, during the whole show I was hoping I can just have PBG  for myself haha^^

Well, that's great for PBG then, the kisses he did in R88 might lead to him having more kisses in his future projects ;).

Mianhae if this is OOT again hehehe

tumblr_nz9zf5YfAo1spfigfo1_400.giftumblr_nz9zf5YfAo1spfigfo2_400.giftumblr_nz9zf5YfAo1spfigfo3_400.giftumblr_nz9zf5YfAo1spfigfo4_400.gif

credit: http://llllilian.tumblr.com/

CAN I SHIP THEM IN REAL LIFE PLEASE! I know they are best friends, and maybe they choose not to be together, but jinjja I just love their chemistry on screen!!!! I mean, look at this photo shoot of Hyeyoung and Kyungpyo! 

In the interview Hyeyoung even said that people sometimes thought they're twins cause they look so similar to one another! I mean, some people say you would look similar to your partner over time?

Spoiler

tumblr_ny28y8WNfH1qfwlugo1_540.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_ny28y8WNfH1qfwlugo3_540.jpg

Credit: http://thatdoublenine.tumblr.com/

Ooo are we on fave scenes now? 

These are some of mine (I'm greedy heheh)

?id=3566X615606&site=soompi.com&xs=1&isj

1988ep4pic15.png?w=640

(You know what follows...)

answer11-01139.jpg

(JH sweety writing in Cheetha Omma's passport)

12093403_1519887694988885_1601357248_n.j

Spoiler

answer08-01276.jpg

Spoiler

answer04-00566.jpg

Spoiler

answer20-00253.jpg

Spoiler

answer15-01149.jpg

Spoiler

answer05-01036.jpg

Spoiler

answer09-00479.jpg

(Taekie worrying about his dad)

Cr to dramabeans and all other owners

So we have to take responsibility of our feelings right? I'm still scared to post in here because of the atmosphere in here but since I am now taking responsibility for my feelings, then whether or not I (or anyone else for that matter) feel fear or anger or happiness it is my own business and I should not blame/thank anyone else (as the case may be). So I'm just posting some of the scenes I really liked :)

I also liked the scene where DS goes to bring stuff to BR in her gosiwon and DS cried for BR but I cant find a nice pic...

35 minutes ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

credit: http://llllilian.tumblr.com/

CAN I SHIP THEM IN REAL LIFE PLEASE! I know they are best friends, and maybe they choose not to be together, but jinjja I just love their chemistry on screen!!!! I mean, look at this photo shoot of Hyeyoung and Kyungpyo! 

In the interview Hyeyoung even said that people sometimes thought they're twins cause they look so similar to one another! I mean, some people say you would look similar to your partner over time?

Credit: http://thatdoublenine.tumblr.com/

Yes, do ship them in real life. That was our shipper (SunBora) biggest wish too. Bahahahahahaha. GKP said in the cosmopolitan interview too, they do discuss about friendship between woman and man, he said if they date and breakup in the middle, they wont see each other for along time, so let just be friend and meet each other for a long time. Huuhuhuhuhu. So lets keep praying that one day their heart will be open to date each other and overcome whatever come to them together. LOL. Even friendship also have it own up and down too right. Hehehe. 

2 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

Yes, do ship them in real life. That was our shipper (SunBora) biggest wish too. Bahahahahahaha. GKP said in the cosmopolitan interview too, they do discuss about friendship between woman and man, he said if they date and breakup in the middle, they wont see each other for along time, so let just be friend and meet each other for a long time. Huuhuhuhuhu. So lets keep praying that one day their heart will be open to date each other and overcome whatever come to them together. LOL. Even with just friendship also have it own up and down too right. Hehehe. 

WOW! Thanks for sharing this! I really want them to be together! It looks like both of them can protect each other so well, and most importantly they are so comfortable around each other :D

i still remember the R88 BTS that showed their first meeting as bora and seonwoo, when hyeyoung put her hands around kyungpyo, aigooo just be together already! Im not sure, but I really think they have feelings for one another. It's definitely  썸 hahaha.

Well, if I have to refer to the ending of R88, then I guess friends can end up being a couple too! Tk and ds look happy in the future. If fate does exist and if they realize that they love each other, then they can be together, and I will be more than thrilled if that happens. 

화이팅 for this couple :heart:

21 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

Yes, do ship them in real life. That was our shipper (SunBora) biggest wish too. Bahahahahahaha. GKP said in the cosmopolitan interview too, they do discuss about friendship between woman and man, he said if they date and breakup in the middle, they wont see each other for along time, so let just be friend and meet each other for a long time. Huuhuhuhuhu. So lets keep praying that one day their heart will be open to date each other and overcome whatever come to them together. LOL. Even friendship also have it own up and down too right. Hehehe. 

I was hoping working as a couple in this drama might have sparked something to push them into becoming a couple ahhaha. They seem very cute together! 

15 minutes ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

WOW! Thanks for sharing this! I really want them to be together! It looks like both of them can protect each other so well, and most importantly they are so comfortable around each other :D

i still remember the R88 BTS that showed their first meeting as bora and seonwoo, when hyeyoung put her hands around kyungpyo, aigooo just be together already! Im not sure, but I really think they have feelings for one another. It's definitely  썸 hahaha.

Well, if I have to refer to the ending of R88, then I guess friends can end up being a couple too! Tk and ds look happy in the future. If fate does exist and if they realize that they love each other, then they can be together, and I will be more than thrilled if that happens. 

화이팅 for this couple :heart:

Yes, they are veryyyyy comfortable with each other. While taking picture, it like normal thing to do for GKP stand behind RHY and RHY comfortable enough to land her back on GKP. I seen like 2-3 picture of them capture in the different events. Lalalalala. There is hidden moment of GKPxRHY at the last BTS. Hahahaha. So yeah, hopefully our SunBora ship will not keep sailing, but eventually safely arrive at the destination safe and sound. =)))

Answer Me 1988 Blu-Ray Update

I think the Director's Cut DVDs will happen no matter what... but the release of the Director's Cut Blu-Rays, which will be higher in quality, is dependent on the receipt of 1000 pre-orders, as it costs them twice as much to produce the BluRays. There will be 16 discs (and you guys know each episode is approximately movie-length _-_ ). The special contents are also dependent on this. This number must be reached by the end of February 2016.

Pre-orders are currently being done through YES24.

Go here to pre-order with full payment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/24189467 (₩275,000, free shipping within Korea; there will be a shipping charge outside Korea.)

Go here if you want to pre-order, but pay by installment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/24189480  (₩137,500, first installment)

The page is in Korean. If you need help with registering and ordering...
You can try checking out the following links. I'm not sure how current these pages are, but I think it should be fairly similar...

http://www.tvxqtoday.com/index.php?threads/tutorial-how-to-use-yes24-http-ticket-yes24-com.710/  (FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE TO REGISTER. When you're ready to purchase, go to the link above.. and select the first blue button that has an icon that looks like a credit card.)

https://soshicatalogue.wordpress.com/guides/guide-to-shopping-on-yes24/

http://ss501ode.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-register-on-yes24-for-intl-fans.html

https://www.facebook.com/notes/%EB%8D%94%EB%B8%94%EC%97%90%EC%8A%A4%EC%98%A4%EA%B3%B5%EC%9D%BC-double-s-501/how-to-registerbuy-on-yes24-for-intl-fans/149705841766068/

P.S. If you're curious about some of the possible details, EYES ON RYU Tumblr previously posted about the survey (that was done to even get us to the pre-order). Read here: http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/136086580045/reply1988dvd

P.P.S. I haven't tried any of the above, so I can't vouch for anything. :x If I decide to try it later, I have a feeling I'll be kicking myself in the butt... 

EDIT: +5hours since original posting. The Reply1988DVD team has noted that they are preparing a separate statement for overseas orders. I'm not sure yet if that means ordering via a different method, or just an English version of the same info above.

23 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

Yes, they are veryyyyy comfortable with each other. While taking picture, it like normal thing to do for GKP stand behind RHY and RHY comfortable enough to land her back on GKP. I seen like 2-3 picture of them capture in the different events. Lalalalala. There is hidden moment of GKPxRHY at the last BTS. Hahahaha. So yeah, hopefully our SunBora ship will not keep sailing, but eventually safely arrive at the destination safe and sound. =)))

Love them. They were such a breath of fresh air.

ok per suggestion watched '97..

father-mother are same?! :D .. r they real life couples that series is repeating them?

found 88 to be much better...but the kiss and post confession romance (more from the lead guy's end) is nice in 97..

The only good thing about lead female character - that she is upfront..no noble idiocacy.. n d guy looks much better now .. he looks a kiddo in there..

bogum fever is gradually catching up...it has been ages since i last obsessed over someone... probably was kim hyun joon ( cauz he is incredibly handsome :P )

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ok per suggestion watched '97..

father-mother are same?! :D .. r they real life couples that series is repeating them?

found 88 to be much better...but the kiss and post confession romance (more from the lead guy's end) is nice in 97..

The only good thing about lead female character - that she is upfront..no noble idiocacy.. n d guy looks much better now .. he looks a kiddo in there..

bogum fever is gradually catching up...it has been ages since i last obsessed over someone... probably was kim hyun joon ( cauz he is incredibly handsome :P )

They look quite n sync and comfortable with their characters don't they? Alas, they're not a real-life couple. One of the good ladies on this thread posted a translation of Lee Il Hwa's recent interview, and in there she discusses working with Sung Dong-il for the 3rd time in the series

Haha, ditto on the Bogum effect. Mine was Eita, I haven't fangirled this bad for another actor since Eita's circa Memories of Matsuko era. I just love guys who can act their pants off. Bogum's harder not to like, apart from the talent..he's smart and well-mannered and super cute to boot.

There's a separate forum for all things Bogum btw. Come on over and squeee with us.:lol:

I just watched episode 18 and I have to agree with JH. Timing and fate are not everything, you have to exert a lot of effort. It was made clear in the last episodes that Taek was a very slow driver. He eeally is a turtle. But because of his determination to go to DS, he forfeited his match and maybe drove as fast as he can and even ran as fast as he can. We can even see him breathless when he come up to DS. 

This is a good lesson to all of us. In order for us to get what we really want, we need to be determined and exert all our efforts to get what we really deserve. 

Back with yet another Replay Reply 1988. Please bear with me, I just like this kind of post :rolleyes: #6 I can speak Spanish...

DS-DR combi! Lol, Sung Bora is frustrated. The "Spanish" Deoksun and Dongryong talks about turns out to be lyrics from Im Byeong Soo's song Ice Cream Love. Don't even understand what the spanish lyrics mean but the song is very catchy, haha.

The same song plays again after Ssangmundong gang cheered Taek up when he lose a match. These kids apparently have their own way to lift his spirit. The adults keep saying "dont say anything to him, he'll feel bad" and "it's alright, you can't win all the time", but TK's childhood friends frankly say "I heard you lost" in his face. What's more is DR's claim, because TK is baduk genius then "you can poop but it can't smell". They sure love their little brother in their own way.

BGM: Ice Cream Love (still curious of what the spanish lyrics mean)

Live ver:

43 minutes ago, cooleet said:

I just watched episode 18 and I have to agree with JH. Timing and fate are not everything, you have to exert a lot of effort. It was made clear in the last episodes that Taek was a very slow driver. He eeally is a turtle. But because of his determination to go to DS, he forfeited his match and maybe drove as fast as he can and even ran as fast as he can. We can even see him breathless when he come up to DS. 

This is a good lesson to all of us. In order for us to get what we really want, we need to be determined and exert all our efforts to get what we really deserve. 

Lovely lesson for all of us, thanks @cooleet ^_^ And notice, for someone who forfeited his Baduk match (one of the most important things in his life), he looked absolutely beaming with joy. Breathless and laughing. The guy knows his priorities, that's for sure.

What are your thoughts on how TK realized that DS was in trouble at the concert? It wasn't explicitly shown compared to Junghwan's, understandable since this episode was a lovely ode to JH's saying goodbye to his first love with grace and aplomb.

Anyone who's new to the forum or lurking, please feel free to chime in with your interpretation of the concert scene. It would be lovely to hear your thoughts about how TK found out. :heart:

Archived