czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could goooooo~

12670195_1552516241726686_29325166482021

Reply 1988  Experience Through Pictures/Picture Fair

At: Adventure third floor rainbow plaza

Just FYI, to save space, I put all the translations in spoilers.

12669590_1552516251726685_22957100542857

Spoiler

It's time to meet the Ssangmundong friends we've all been missing

At Lotte World Adventure, turn right from the Rainbow Plaza

Speech Bubble: Meet the stories full of memories in the three alleyways (family and neighbors, journey back to 1980, love and friendship)

Sequence of the Tour: entrance, display synopsis, exhibit map, exhibition intro, DS's house, JH's house, SW's house, TK's house, DR's house, episodes, picket girl photo-zone, behind the scenes/behind stories, the arcade room of memories, the 80s' time tunnel, pictorial experiences zone, the alley stairs picture-taking zone, replay of the important scenes (I think that's what it means), Taek's room (which is placed between love and friendship, lol, love the inside joke), 봉황당 (Taek's dad's jewelry/clock/watch shop) alley photo-zone, bicycle cart rocking horse photo-zone

12687878_1552516258393351_32437337060071

Spoiler

The headquarters of the Ssangmundong 5, "Taek's Room"

The place where they watched movies, and where the TaekSun couple's dreamlike kiss scene took place.

Speech Bubble: Is the reason I'm craving ramen because of the mood/atmosphere?

12642804_1552516318393345_16159950144382

Spoiler

The "Alleyway Stairs" that was accompanied by love and friendship. (lol, they've got that right!!!)

For some reason, I'd feel like a main character of Reply '88 too if I took a picture here.

Speech Bubble: The place where I want to come back at night.

12647171_1552516331726677_85919654729946

Spoiler

(Some word I don't know. Apparently, it means 'restoration of a heavy wind'.) "Small artifacts" from that time.

The styles that don't look unfashionable or unrefined even after twenty years. Plenty of short pieces of writing with relatable emotions.

Speech Bubble: These items that brought our memories back to those times!!

12662429_1552516338393343_65366829928559

Spoiler

Time slap (?). The "Memories Game," a journey back to the past.

The Ants' Hell Arcade (rotfl). The bicycle-cart rocking horses. Picketing at the Olympics, etc, the memories are dripping.

Speech Bubble: At one time, I was a Tetris god...

12631362_1552516398393337_71754627896197

Spoiler

OMG, I have to buy these! "Reply 1988 Souvenir 1"

A 2016 calendar, stickers!

Speech Bubble: Harboring lingering reverberations of Reply 1988 all year long~

12647508_1552516411726669_85914067777852

Spoiler

Value 100% guaranteed. "Reply 1988 Souvenir 2"

Note(books) from our youths (left). T-money urban bus tickets ver (right)

Speech bubble: Wouldn't this be a limited edition at the least?

응답하라 롯데월드

(Not a translation)

Spoiler

응답하라 롯데월드응답하라 롯데월드

(Sorry for the long post, :sweatingbullets:)

9 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

@namunamuyeppeo Dooly and Dongrongyong are comedic gold.. indeed Episode 4 highlights how those 2 are cosmic comedic twins :lol:

hahahaha i agree, they're indeed comedic gold! What makes me laugh is the way they say those English words, it's very funny! I'm not saying their pronunciation isn't good, but it's really really funny for me :lol:. Jinjja I LOLed so hard when DR said all the german words that he knows!

+100 to DS's expression and body language when she said "we, our, us, ours" she's like "SEE! I KNOW ALL THESE ENGLISH WORDS!"

6 hours ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

hahahaha i agree, they're indeed comedic gold! What makes me laugh is the way they say those English words, it's very funny! I'm not saying their pronunciation isn't good, but it's really really funny for me :lol:. Jinjja I LOLed so hard when DR said all the german words that he knows!

+100 to DS's expression and body language when she said "we, our, us, ours" she's like "SEE! I KNOW ALL THESE ENGLISH WORDS!"

DR' German level of proficiency was so cute and hilarious.

But you know what warms my heart the most? Dukseon's growth.

It was a joy to discover (EP18) that the girl who can only adorably muster  "I, Me, My" and "I am raining" earned a TOEIC score of 700  less than 6 years into the future :blush:

vlcsnap_2016_02_10_17h08m48s137.png

And DR's put those gab skills into good use too by turning himself into a successful marketer/businessman.

vlcsnap_2016_02_10_17h12m19s940.png

Bravo, comedic duo! You worked hard!

vlcsnap_2016_02_10_17h16m45s522.png

Is this the real translation? since allkpop love to miss translate/ miss direct their articles.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/why-doses-lee-il-hwa-feel-apologetic-toward-her-daughter

'Reply' series' favorite mother Lee Il Hwa appeared on tvN's 'Taxi,' where she relayed her thoughts that she was disappointing as a mother in real life.

On February 9, she said she felt sorry toward her daughter, stating, "In ballet, usually the mother is the manager like in the case with pro-athlete Kim Yuna.  However, her grandmother watched over her because I was working.  The child, because of her mother, got ostracized and the like."  Who ostracizes a kid because she's always being watched by her grandmother than her mother?  Like, what...

On top of that, Lee Il Hwa revealed, "Also, on top of that, her mother is a celebrity, so she's unable to go out.  A lot of people are hard on her, asking if that's the best I can act."

Seriously... what is wrong with people... It doesn't really seem like the mother's fault, rather society's.

57 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

Lovely lesson for all of us, thanks @cooleet ^_^ And notice, for someone who forfeited his Baduk match (one of the most important things in his life), he looked absolutely beaming with joy. Breathless and laughing. The guy knows his priorities, that's for sure.

What are your thoughts on how TK realized that DS was in trouble at the concert? It wasn't explicitly shown compared to Junghwan's, understandable since this episode was a lovely ode to JH's saying goodbye to his first love with grace and aplomb.

Anyone who's new to the forum or lurking, please feel free to chime in with your interpretation of the concert scene. It would be lovely to hear your thoughts about how TK found out. :heart:

For me there are two theories why Taek would've known about DS's trouble.

Analytical Observation Theory: Taek is very good at analyzing situations. It's one characteristic he might've gained by playing Baduk or it is inherent to him. I think he had an idea when saw the slippers that DS was wearing. He also knew that DS wouldn't wear such things if she's on a date. DS has a good fashion sense and he knew that something is off already.

Overhearing Theory: We can see that DS senior and her boyfriend were talking about the cancelled date. Taek might've overheard their conversation.

Or the theories are connected. He saw the slippers and had a hunch. Then he overheard the conversation and decided to just cancel his match and go to DS.

15 hours ago, mellinadear said:
2 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

Is this the real translation? since allkpop love to miss translate/ miss direct their articles.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/why-doses-lee-il-hwa-feel-apologetic-toward-her-daughter

'Reply' series' favorite mother Lee Il Hwa appeared on tvN's 'Taxi,' where she relayed her thoughts that she was disappointing as a mother in real life.

On February 9, she said she felt sorry toward her daughter, stating, "In ballet, usually the mother is the manager like in the case with pro-athlete Kim Yuna.  However, her grandmother watched over her because I was working.  The child, because of her mother, got ostracized and the like."  Who ostracizes a kid because she's always being watched by her grandmother than her mother?  Like, what...

On top of that, Lee Il Hwa revealed, "Also, on top of that, her mother is a celebrity, so she's unable to go out.  A lot of people are hard on her, asking if that's the best I can act."

Seriously... what is wrong with people... It doesn't really seem like the mother's fault, rather society's.

It is so sad.  Even things ancilary to k-drama have a whiff of bullying. SMH at people's pointless cruelty and treatment of human beings.

Life as a k-actor can't be easy as their work earn them both rabid fans and rabid antis who can't seem to separate the actor from their work and reality for fiction.  Hard to know where the love of an artist's craft end and the insanity begins. Her poor daughter.  Poor her.

Well, i dont want to be over analysis things. But lee woo jung is very detail in her writing, even on her script writing. 

So remember when NE and her ilhwa omma talked about DR girlfriend? 

ilhwa omma told him "DR has girlfriend, that girl TALL AND SKINNY.

isnt she mention about DR girlfriend in the real life with model?

or there was scenes where kim appa and cheetah talked in their room about 3 disaster that happen on  her family lately? She only talked 2 disaster, wondering why she not mention 1 more disaster?did you notice that one? 

so lee woo jung always put jokes, clue or hints inside their script..i love her hahahaha..

2 hours ago, jeijei said:

I can't believe this has turned into a mess that people, especially the new ones, are forced to walk on eggshells. 

I feel sad about that.

I really hope the atmosphere doesn't stop people from posting their views.

I'm still hoping  for someone to do the analysis on the significance of footwear and vulnerbility in the drama.

In the meantime, since eggshells make a mess so I'm going to keep walking in sunshine.

tumblr_nzhmf4IQED1s0wwvho1_540.gif

3 hours ago, pixiemoondust said:

Lovely lesson for all of us, thanks @cooleet ^_^ And notice, for someone who forfeited his Baduk match (one of the most important things in his life), he looked absolutely beaming with joy. Breathless and laughing. The guy knows his priorities, that's for sure.

What are your thoughts on how TK realized that DS was in trouble at the concert? It wasn't explicitly shown compared to Junghwan's, understandable since this episode was a lovely ode to JH's saying goodbye to his first love with grace and aplomb.

Anyone who's new to the forum or lurking, please feel free to chime in with your interpretation of the concert scene. It would be lovely to hear your thoughts about how TK found out. :heart:

I always had the impression that taek realized about it the same way and exactly the same time junghwan did. That is, when they saw her outside wearing slippers, instead of looking like a girl who’s going on a date. Both guys are smart but at that point, they did not say anything because they knew how embarrassed deukseon would feel. The writer really loves to use parallels.

Aside from the hesitation and lack of courage, i noticed that junghwan’s feelings were not as strong as taek’s (I don’t know how to put it into words so I apologize if I sounded like im downplaying his love for deoksun, not my intention tbh) but how difficult was it to bail out on his date with dongryong and give up forrest gump? As compared to taek forfeiting his baduk match. So I feel like the writer also wants to show us that junghwan’s hesitation was not only because he lacked the courage. When it came to deoksun, he was not just as passionate as taek, who forfeited his match and took his chance.

and well, would it really matter? deoksun in 2016 told the reporter (or whoever is interviewing them) that they started liking each other in 1989. the concert was in 1994. so i think even if junghwan came first to the concert, it would not have made any difference since their fates had been sealed in 1989. 

Anyways, I read so many comments how others feel cheated and all, I understand perfectly how that feels. I experienced firsthand the chilbong virus and no matter how cheated I felt, I knew then I just got trolled. That’s how brilliant and amazing these people behind the reply series are. 

I don't know if this has been posted here, but Winner's Song Mino updated his instagram on 6 Feb 

The caption says "Eodini Eodini I'm already missing you" (DR's signature line) 

Lee Dong Hwi (actor who played DR) commented on this post too!

tumblr_inline_o28ilyhurF1qefvus_500.png

It says "Mino eodini Song Mino eodini, are you being sentimental?" 

Even Song Mino got a hand on the R88 Director's cut OST! The craze is real!

Credit: http://reply-thatdoublenine.tumblr.com/

2 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

So remember when NE and her ilhwa omma talked about DR girlfriend? 

ilhwa omma told him "DR has girlfriend, that girl TALL AND SKINNY.

isnt she mention about DR girlfriend in the real life with model?

Wow, wonderful you caught that detail.  Another Easter egg! Yes that was a meta-reference to Dong Hwi's current love life  Don't you just love how the writer, let's us viewers in on the joke? ;)

2 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

or there was scenes where kim appa and cheetah talked in their room about 3 disaster that happen on  her family lately? She only talked 2 disaster, wondering why she not mention 1 more disaster?did you notice that one? 

Perhaps she didn't mention JB failing the college entrance exam again because that was almost like a "given" for the past 6 years. :D

@pixiemoondust

Taek definitely knows when she shows up looking like that. See how he looks at her down from her wearing her slippers and without a jacket too.

tumblr_o2bl2fszQd1r14nmuo1_400.gif

That is not a girl who are going for a date. I think then Taek goes to the Baduk Center as a courtesy formally forfeiting the match. Still with the Baduk etiquette.

4 hours ago, cooleet said:

For me there are two theories why Taek would've known about DS's trouble.

Analytical Observation Theory: Taek is very good at analyzing situations. It's one characteristic he might've gained by playing Baduk or it is inherent to him. I think he had an idea when saw the slippers that DS was wearing. He also knew that DS wouldn't wear such things if she's on a date. DS has a good fashion sense and he knew that something is off already.

Overhearing Theory: We can see that DS senior and her boyfriend were talking about the cancelled date. Taek might've overheard their conversation.

Or the theories are connected. He saw the slippers and had a hunch. Then he overheard the conversation and decided to just cancel his match and go to DS.

Initially I believed it was just by the merit of TK's exceptional situational awareness (being a Baduk genius and all) to deduce right off the bat something was up with inappropriately dressed DS and quickly decide on the way to work to cancel his match/apologize to the club & opponent and head to DS immediately after taking care of all that.

I rewatched and read other people's feedback and I realized there was a reason for showing that scene of Manager Yoo w/ Top Unnie discussing DS' predicament within TK's earshot. My take here is -- He canceled the match first, washed his face (bec that's what he does after a match), overheard the conversation, confirmed his hunch and rushed right away to DS. The reason I believed washing his face first came after canceling the match, because he was so calm and nonchalant while doing that and walking away from the couple. He probably thought "I could be wrong about my hunch but nah I will still go and check on the off chance she is in trouble" and then after overhearing the convo - "Oh my Lord, I was right my lady really is in trouble and not dressed warmly I have to pali-paliiiiiii !!!!:D

One of admirable Taek's trait is he did not hesitate.

Why do you think he is late huffing and puffing out of breath when he arrive at the concert?

I think because of his driving  and parking skills:D It must have been some distance for him to run there.

@pixiemoondust I loved that he didn't mind Deoksun being the driver. Scenes in the car with Deoksun after they are together , Deoksun is the driver. 

Archived