[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Okeey, so this thread is open again after a month! Hello everyone :D. I really miss those times when I used to spazz here on the thread during the reply airing. :glasses:

So I'd like to share parody of Reply 1988 done by the boygroup WINNER played during their recent concert. Guys, please take note that this is a parody and it's funny, at least for me :lol:. Aigoo~ poor uri Deoksuni (watch the video to find out why): *eenjooooy*

Deoksun is played by: Nam Taehyun

Taek is played by: Kim Jinwoo,

Junghwan is played by: Kang Seungyoon

Dongryong and Cheetah Omma are played by: Lee Sunghoon

Jungbong and Kim Sajang are played by: Song Mino

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 2 throwback: When reel and real are blurring their lines. 

tumblr_o3wqozohYw1tulljko3_250.gif  tumblr_o3wqozohYw1tulljko4_250.gif

tumblr_o3wqozohYw1tulljko1_250.gif  tumblr_o3wqozohYw1tulljko2_250.gif

I find it interesting that the death of bogum's mother is not public knowledge even to his hardcore korean fans. It shows how much he values his personal life and how much he wants to protect the privacy of his family. I love that when he answers about them he is vague as much as possible  - this speaks volumes of who he is as a person. No wonder a lot of people are rooting for him. 

Lee Dong Hwi Says He Never Expected to Become Popular From “Reply 1988”

Lee Dong Hwi Says He Never Expected to Become Popular From “Reply 1988”

Actor Lee Dong Hwi reveals he never expected to become popular from “Reply 1988” although he knew the drama would succeed.

On the March 12 episode of KBS 2TV’s entertainment news program “Entertainment Weekly,” Lee Dong Hwi of “Reply 1988” sits down for an interview.

lee dong hwi-1

On the episode, he is asked if he expected the drama to do well. Lee Dong Hwi replies, “I expected the drama to be a hit 100 percent. But I didn’t expect to become so popular because of the drama.”

lee dong hwi-2

At being called an actor with many faces, Lee Dong Hwi humbly says that’s because he hasn’t appeared on one steady program. He also cracks up, saying, “I don’t like to do ad lib. It’s just that I don’t have a good memory. While acting, I was just thinking I need to wrap up the scene. So, I just spit out what was on my mind. But the director thought I had come with prepared lines.”

lee dong hwi-3

Lee Dong Hwi continues, “The director told me that I don’t have a love interest or much of a family story in the drama, so I shouldn’t expect much from it and just do my best. I really had a clear head about the work and showed up on the set to do my part.” He says, “I really didn’t think I’d become so popular. If there’s any work for me out there, I’ll be there.”

Source (1) (2

Hi, Is there someone here who successfully preorder the REPLY1988 DVD/BLURAY from yes24? I'm having trouble purchasing it, I followed the pre-order instruction in the daum REPLY1988 DVD/BLURAY website but this active x that I need to install is giving me trouble every time. So, my main problem is entering my credit card info in kcg incis (active x) I try to run or install it but it closes my browser so I'm unsuccessful in installing it. I followed their suggestions and I'm using WINDOWS and Internet Explorer. PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks so much! :)

6 hours ago, Yesin Lee said:

Hi, Is there someone here who successfully preorder the REPLY1988 DVD/BLURAY from yes24? I'm having trouble purchasing it, I followed the pre-order instruction in the daum REPLY1988 DVD/BLURAY website but this active x that I need to install is giving me trouble every time. So, my main problem is entering my credit card info in kcg incis (active x) I try to run or install it but it closes my browser so I'm unsuccessful in installing it. I followed their suggestions and I'm using WINDOWS and Internet Explorer. PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks so much! :)

I figured it out! I think it was the phone # that caused the problem for me. If anyone needs help feel free to ask me! ^^,)

Hello everyone!

We can all agree that people who are still going to this thread love this show ardently - like we do. A bunch of Reply 1988 enthusiasts and I, collaborated to make this website possible. It's been tough trying to put up this site in between work but it wouldn't be possible without the help of the fam. 

We proudly present the Reply 1988 fanmade website, by the international Fans for the international Fans.

This site aims to spread the reply 1988 love and show our appreciation to PD Shin, Writer Lee, and all the cast and crew!

Read up on the analysis done by people on this thread and browse through the theories made! This is the drama that keeps on giving. deconstructing and decoding the it has been a joy for us everytime we found easter eggs. 

And to use the words our beloved brother Jungbong, "Enjoy~"

Go to www.reply1988.com now!!!

CTz2LTGUEAAg8gY.jpg

• Guys, can you help me identify the song that was played on episode 14, the scene where Duk Seons mother was waiting for her husband outside their house and they were talking about a guy who owes them some money in the past. I love that song but  don't not know what's the title. Seems to be not part on the ost. Thanks.

@enigmatic_zephy yes, it's been opened since several days ago. I pmed you regarding how to contribute :grin:

4 hours ago, alindahaw said:
  • Guys, can you help me identify the song that was played on episode 14, the scene where Duk Seons mother was waiting for her husband outside their house and they were talking about a guy who owes them some money in the past. I love that song but  don't not know what's the title. Seems to be not part on the ost. Thanks.

Isn't the title "Don't you worry, dear?" But the old version?

Related news....

CJ E&M at vanguard of Korean culture boom

For investors looking to take a bet on Korea’s hot pop culture scene, CJ E&M deserves a close look. 

The Seoul-based firm is arguably Korea’s most prominent provider of cultural content now, churning out one mega hit after another. 

From “Grandpas Over Flowers (2013,) “Incomplete Life (2014),” to “Reply 1988” last year, many of its TV productions aired on cable channel tvN were cultural sensations. 

“At least in the TV segment, it is safe to say that CJ E&M has proven its mettle,” said analyst Chung Yu-seok of Kyobo Securities in Seoul.

CJ E&M’s business interest spans across TV, film, music, live entertainment and animation, but TV is the mainstay of its revenue. 
Operating profits from TV soared a whopping 2,039 percent in 2015, helping the company swing to a surplus of 53 billion won ($44.7 million). 

The popularity of TV content is typically monetized through commercials and hit TV shows and dramas lead to spikes in ad rates, Chung explained. 

“The average ad rates at tvN rose 54.7 percent last year, but that is still less than half the levels at territorial networks,” the analyst said, indicating that there is room for further growth. CJ E&M runs 15 other cable TV channels, including the music entertainment channel Mnet and the country’s top movie channel OCN. 

As to the big screen, CJ E&M is at the top for five straight years now. 

Its releases -- including both domestic and foreign productions -- took up 23 percent of the local box office in 2015. 

The year’s biggest box-office hit was also a CJ E&M release. Directed by Ryoo Seung-wan, “Veteran” became the third most viewed film in Korea, drawing 13.4 million viewers since its release in August last year. It was CJ’s fifth production to breach the 10 million viewership mark in a country of 50 million. 

Despite the seemingly strong performance, however, experts are paying more attention to the company’s overseas business plan, particularly in China, the movie world’s hottest market, as Korea’s domestic film market nears saturation. 

“CJ E&M is increasing its network in China, with four releases scheduled in the country this year alone. That is a positive for the company’s growth outlook,” said Km Hyun-yong of eBest Securities. CJ E&M is the brokerage’s top pick for entertainment-media stocks. 

Reply 1998” (2015, TV drama) (tvN)

Shares in CJ E&M closed at 76,500 won per share on the secondary stock exchange KOSDAQ on Monday. Its market cap is slightly above 2.9 trillion won, the fifth largest on the bourse for smaller-cap stocks. 

A unit of the retail-centered conglomerate CJ, CJ E&M is 42 percent controlled by the group’s holding firm CJ Corp. and its owner family. The second-largest stakeholder is the National Pension Fund, Korea’s largest investor. Foreigners hold a combined 18.55 percent stake. 

In another positive development to the company’s profit outlook this year or next, the company’s game-publishing spin-off Net Marble is preparing for an initial public offering. CJ E&M holds a 31.5 percent stake in the mobile game developer which set a new record in annual revenue last year, raking in 1.1 trillion won. 

By Lee Sun-young (milaya@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603141738291982256_2

I dont know if anyone's already posted this video here or not :) But this one really makes me starve to death :))))

Group hug because the thread was opened again (and I've just known that) :D 

Capture_zpsmwv3qn91.png

Cre IG

I have watched reply 1997 and I loved it so much that when reply 1994 was shown, I watched it on livestream and got too invested with the husband game. I ended up getting disappointed at the end because I got trolled with CB-NJ otp moments that up to the last minute, I was hoping NJ would change and love CB back. But she never did. She only loved trash right from the very start. I did see that NJ’s love for Trash but since the show had been telling me, it’s not over till it’s over, I did not give up on CB-NJ endgame. It took me another reply series to get over my broken heart. And it actually hurts when I read people saying that CB got a better ending than JH. I think you should watch reply 1994 again and see what CB had done to fight for his love for NJ that people even labeled him a stalker LOL! He did everything for her, even up to the last episode. He even rented his apartment to her and Trash at a lower rate. We were shown how sad CB’s family was but it was never resolved at the end and though he got his friends as his family in the present time, these same friends forgot his birthday LOL! Then he met a girl who reminded him of NJ and we just have to let ourselves imagine that he ended up with this girl. She’s pretty though and (/but) she just reminded him of his first love LOL. So yeah, I don’t think CB got a better ending than Junghwan. During the drama, there was a narration that no one should touch a man’s first love but in the end, we could see CB smiling at his first love’s wedding vid with another man and he’s hanging out with them, in his apartment. Another narration I could remember was how you should work hard for something precious, that as long as you work hard you’d achieve your goal. But then the ending had made us see that sometimes we just ended up losing that something to fate and timing, no matter what. Because that is fate. That is timing. Reply 1994 is Life is Ironic Part 0 LOL! It still hurts but I have accepted it already because even in real life, we always don’t get what we want, what we work hard for.

Spoiler

Junghwan – Who would not love this guy? I love him because he’s exactly the type of character you always root for. My favorite scene for him is how he made notes on his mom’s passport so she could read the characters. It was sweet and profound and spoke so much of how he is as a person. He may not show it but he cares deeply. He may not be as open as Sun Woo but he loves his family just as much. This is how he is as a person, it’s his genetic structure. And this is why he lost his first love and why he could not be the right one for DS. Some said he casually disappeared after everything he had done but actually, his story in relation to DS’s interview in 2015-16 was finished at his confession on episode 18. He got a huge crush on DS but he never acted on it until it was too late. Gosh, imagine my frustration when he hesitated to give her the jacket before they left taek’s room. Remember when DY hurt his leg? It was his second chance to give her his jacket. This was the exact moment I stopped rooting for him to be the husband. Because if you love someone, you have to show it. Girls and women are not mind readers LOL! And now, I also remember how he hesitated to go to DS when he saw her crying on the stairs. OMG! So yeah, if the writer wants to be realistic, Jung Hwan should not get the girl. He didn’t only hesitate, he even hurt her with his words, though not intentionally. I actually started considering he was not endgame when DS handed over to him his wallet he left at Taek’s. We could only hear their voices and there’s a feeling of finality with that scene. I guess that’s the PD’s intention then. But I think Junghwan’s character has grown into a fine young man, as we have seen when taek visited him in Sacheon. He has matured so well and im so glad that he really understood why he lost DS as a lover. It’s not about timing and fate. It’s because of the numerous times he hesitated. Because of this painful moment, I am sure he would not commit the same mistake in the future so I knew that he was also able to find the right woman for him. I understand why we did not see it because it would have taken another episode LOL. And anyways, I love how he was the one to arrange a wedding party for his parents after realizing on his own that his parents’ wedding picture was fake. This shows how he had become more sensitive and observant of things around him. In the end, he actually did well on his own, just as what the fortune teller predicted. And im glad, there’s no DS thanking him for loving her in the end. When NJ did this to CB in 1994, I found it insensitive and pathetic. 

Deoksun – She is a middle child and grew up always giving in to her two siblings. I think this happened a lot in real life. We often saw this as the drama progresses. We had seen how she always shared a birthday cake with bora and how she was forgotten during that one night when something went wrong with their heater. Her family kept reminding her how poorly she did at school. I also noticed how she always asked for confirmation on how pretty she is and how she looks. But then, she’s a caring and responsible person and she’s very emotional. During her granny’s funeral, she felt bad that people, even her father, seemed to be ok. For her, they should cry and looked sad because her grandma died. Though she appeared irresponsible, she was able to take good care of taek when she accompanied him in China. She was also sweet towards her brother, the way she told him to put lotion on his face. She also cried when she saw Bora’s living condition when she left home to study. We saw her taking care of her mom during her menopause and she’s closest and most open to her dad. And Bora even wished she could be like Deoksun, more outspoken and showy with their dad. Regarding the loveline, I think how she ended up with Taek is consistent with her character. She always takes care of him. The way she always claimed she knows everything about him should tell us that she felt she’s closest to him among the 4 boys. The writer and PD never showed us DS claiming the same thing with SW, JH, and DY. Only with Taek. And even though her friend told her that Taek was just fooling her around, asking to watch a movie then cancelled, she was stressing herself about it. Nobody even told her that Taek likes her. Hyeri was right. This is where the difference between how DS liked taek and how DS liked SW/JH. With SW and JH, after the confirmation that SW liked Bora and the confusion with the pink shirt, DS felt bad for a moment and then moved on. With taek, she thought a lot about it, as shown during her monologue at the beginning of episode 17 and after the soccer incident, she even followed him to his room thus the dream-like kiss happened. And even before the cancellation of their date, before Taek went for the tournament, she also went to taek’s room to bring him that fish pastry. I wanted to believe that she wanted to confirm their movie date then. This was also when JH left his wallet at Taek’s room. When I heard Deoksun’s voice handing over the wallet, there was no feeling anymore. For me, as I watched the drama focusing on what the writer and PD were trying to convey, I felt like that tone of DS voice confirmed that whatever she felt for JH was over. DS indeed has her own happy ending, when it comes to her loveline. She married her closest childhood friend, the one she had always cared for. The one who always makes her feel good about herself. The one who puts her above anything else. The one she likes on her own. On my 1st rewatch, I realized that among all the love stories I knew in kdramaland, this is the closest to the real thing. Tsundere type of men are good for a drama or movie plot, but not in real life. I’m a married ahjumma and based on experience, if a guy doesn’t tell you he cares for you as more than a friend, you’re on the friendzone no matter what he does LOL.  Side note: Please don’t spend your life earning someone’s love and trying to convince yourself he’ll change or he’ll confess. Most of them don’t. I blame clichéd dramas and movies for young women’s false hopes LOL. 

Taek – now, he’s the kind of man I hope my son would grow up into. He is very gentle yet very manly. I fell in love with him, even as a young boy, when Deoksun talked about him during the childhood scene on episode 2. “The boisterous neighborhood kids could have been too much for Taek but he stayed with them. Even when they were doing silly things, he was with them.” Also, it was on episode 2 when Deoksun patted his butt and told him to drink his milk and grow up to marry her. I told myself then he could be the hubby but thought it was not possible. And besides, I checked AsiaWiki and PBG’s name was listed right after GKP! I know it was so shallow of me but I really told myself not to get carried away with such moments. Remember R94 LOL! So I should concentrate on the story as a whole and focus less on the husband hunt. But then, while my frustration about Junghwan’s hesitation had reached my limit, Taek had earn points just by being nice and gentle with DS. Taek made DS shine and I think he understood her the most, her eagerness to please, her desire to be loved and acknowledged. They said he was childlike and most innocent but I think he was also the most mature among all of them. He grew up too fast because of baduk. He entered the adult world at a very early age. While his friends were enjoying high school, he had to travel overseas and win international competitions. he’s a quiet person too so it gave me an impression that he thinks a lot.  When all the kids thought that JH mom was being cool about JB’s operation, Taek said that she could be worried too. When his dad told him about SW mom, he respected his dad’s decision because he wanted him to be happy, wherein we saw a different but understandable first reaction from our wonder boy Sun Woo. And he loved DS. In the end, he deserved her love because he acted on it. He did not hesitate. He did not hide his feelings. What is love if you’re not going to show it?

This is why I love this reply installment the most among all the 3 series. I wanted to talk more about the other characters but I guess, I have written too much already. I understand the complains and the heartache of those who rooted for JH. His scenes with DS were so lovely and cute but I realized later on that while I was swooning with it all, DS did not swoon along with me. Simply because she did not know. She really never knew of JH’s feelings, how could we expect her to just suddenly realize it like an epiphany? As Sun Woo had said, DS was a bit dense. JH was given lots of opportunities to confess, especially because Taek was always not around. Just imagine if Taek was always around DS, telling her she’s cute, pretty, and nice. I think DS would have fallen in love with him even before she fell for Sun Woo and the husband hunt would be over on episode 2, unless there’s a plot twist LOL! Reply 1988 was very straightforward story telling of life’s normal events. And I recommend a rewatch to understand it more. I refused to watch the final episode of R94 because of too much heartache but when I made a rewatch from epi 1 to 20, I understand why CB did not get the girl though im still not happy with CB’s ending. Anyways, my only complain for R1988 is that they did not show us how DS-TK revealed their relationships to their families and neighborhood. It would not have hurt to see their parents’ faces when they confessed LOL. I did not feel the ending was rushed. It’s pretty amazing how they wrapped up everyone’s character. Of course, I would have loved to learn more about JH and DY and their families, or even about Jin Joo. But I have accepted the limits of R1988 pd and writer and staffs. The drama could not last forever after all. But the show gave me much materials to let my imagination run its happy course. 

Sorry for the very long post. I miss soompi and it even looks different now. LOL.

On March 22, 2016 at 8:30 AM, koreanlite said:

I have watched reply 1997 and I loved it so much that when reply 1994 was shown, I watched it on livestream and got too invested with the husband game. I ended up getting disappointed at the end because I got trolled with CB-NJ otp moments that up to the last minute, I was hoping NJ would change and love CB back. But she never did. She only loved trash right from the very start. I did see that NJ’s love for Trash but since the show had been telling me, it’s not over till it’s over, I did not give up on CB-NJ endgame. It took me another reply series to get over my broken heart. And it actually hurts when I read people saying that CB got a better ending than JH. I think you should watch reply 1994 again and see what CB had done to fight for his love for NJ that people even labeled him a stalker LOL! He did everything for her, even up to the last episode. He even rented his apartment to her and Trash at a lower rate. We were shown how sad CB’s family was but it was never resolved at the end and though he got his friends as his family in the present time, these same friends forgot his birthday LOL! Then he met a girl who reminded him of NJ and we just have to let ourselves imagine that he ended up with this girl. She’s pretty though and (/but) she just reminded him of his first love LOL. So yeah, I don’t think CB got a better ending than Junghwan. During the drama, there was a narration that no one should touch a man’s first love but in the end, we could see CB smiling at his first love’s wedding vid with another man and he’s hanging out with them, in his apartment. Another narration I could remember was how you should work hard for something precious, that as long as you work hard you’d achieve your goal. But then the ending had made us see that sometimes we just ended up losing that something to fate and timing, no matter what. Because that is fate. That is timing. Reply 1994 is Life is Ironic Part 0 LOL! It still hurts but I have accepted it already because even in real life, we always don’t get what we want, what we work hard for.

Reveal hidden contents

Junghwan – Who would not love this guy? I love him because he’s exactly the type of character you always root for. My favorite scene for him is how he made notes on his mom’s passport so she could read the characters. It was sweet and profound and spoke so much of how he is as a person. He may not show it but he cares deeply. He may not be as open as Sun Woo but he loves his family just as much. This is how he is as a person, it’s his genetic structure. And this is why he lost his first love and why he could not be the right one for DS. Some said he casually disappeared after everything he had done but actually, his story in relation to DS’s interview in 2015-16 was finished at his confession on episode 18. He got a huge crush on DS but he never acted on it until it was too late. Gosh, imagine my frustration when he hesitated to give her the jacket before they left taek’s room. Remember when DY hurt his leg? It was his second chance to give her his jacket. This was the exact moment I stopped rooting for him to be the husband. Because if you love someone, you have to show it. Girls and women are not mind readers LOL! And now, I also remember how he hesitated to go to DS when he saw her crying on the stairs. OMG! So yeah, if the writer wants to be realistic, Jung Hwan should not get the girl. He didn’t only hesitate, he even hurt her with his words, though not intentionally. I actually started considering he was not endgame when DS handed over to him his wallet he left at Taek’s. We could only hear their voices and there’s a feeling of finality with that scene. I guess that’s the PD’s intention then. But I think Junghwan’s character has grown into a fine young man, as we have seen when taek visited him in Sacheon. He has matured so well and im so glad that he really understood why he lost DS as a lover. It’s not about timing and fate. It’s because of the numerous times he hesitated. Because of this painful moment, I am sure he would not commit the same mistake in the future so I knew that he was also able to find the right woman for him. I understand why we did not see it because it would have taken another episode LOL. And anyways, I love how he was the one to arrange a wedding party for his parents after realizing on his own that his parents’ wedding picture was fake. This shows how he had become more sensitive and observant of things around him. In the end, he actually did well on his own, just as what the fortune teller predicted. And im glad, there’s no DS thanking him for loving her in the end. When NJ did this to CB in 1994, I found it insensitive and pathetic. 

Deoksun – She is a middle child and grew up always giving in to her two siblings. I think this happened a lot in real life. We often saw this as the drama progresses. We had seen how she always shared a birthday cake with bora and how she was forgotten during that one night when something went wrong with their heater. Her family kept reminding her how poorly she did at school. I also noticed how she always asked for confirmation on how pretty she is and how she looks. But then, she’s a caring and responsible person and she’s very emotional. During her granny’s funeral, she felt bad that people, even her father, seemed to be ok. For her, they should cry and looked sad because her grandma died. Though she appeared irresponsible, she was able to take good care of taek when she accompanied him in China. She was also sweet towards her brother, the way she told him to put lotion on his face. She also cried when she saw Bora’s living condition when she left home to study. We saw her taking care of her mom during her menopause and she’s closest and most open to her dad. And Bora even wished she could be like Deoksun, more outspoken and showy with their dad. Regarding the loveline, I think how she ended up with Taek is consistent with her character. She always takes care of him. The way she always claimed she knows everything about him should tell us that she felt she’s closest to him among the 4 boys. The writer and PD never showed us DS claiming the same thing with SW, JH, and DY. Only with Taek. And even though her friend told her that Taek was just fooling her around, asking to watch a movie then cancelled, she was stressing herself about it. Nobody even told her that Taek likes her. Hyeri was right. This is where the difference between how DS liked taek and how DS liked SW/JH. With SW and JH, after the confirmation that SW liked Bora and the confusion with the pink shirt, DS felt bad for a moment and then moved on. With taek, she thought a lot about it, as shown during her monologue at the beginning of episode 17 and after the soccer incident, she even followed him to his room thus the dream-like kiss happened. And even before the cancellation of their date, before Taek went for the tournament, she also went to taek’s room to bring him that fish pastry. I wanted to believe that she wanted to confirm their movie date then. This was also when JH left his wallet at Taek’s room. When I heard Deoksun’s voice handing over the wallet, there was no feeling anymore. For me, as I watched the drama focusing on what the writer and PD were trying to convey, I felt like that tone of DS voice confirmed that whatever she felt for JH was over. DS indeed has her own happy ending, when it comes to her loveline. She married her closest childhood friend, the one she had always cared for. The one who always makes her feel good about herself. The one who puts her above anything else. The one she likes on her own. On my 1st rewatch, I realized that among all the love stories I knew in kdramaland, this is the closest to the real thing. Tsundere type of men are good for a drama or movie plot, but not in real life. I’m a married ahjumma and based on experience, if a guy doesn’t tell you he cares for you as more than a friend, you’re on the friendzone no matter what he does LOL.  Side note: Please don’t spend your life earning someone’s love and trying to convince yourself he’ll change or he’ll confess. Most of them don’t. I blame clichéd dramas and movies for young women’s false hopes LOL. 

Taek – now, he’s the kind of man I hope my son would grow up into. He is very gentle yet very manly. I fell in love with him, even as a young boy, when Deoksun talked about him during the childhood scene on episode 2. “The boisterous neighborhood kids could have been too much for Taek but he stayed with them. Even when they were doing silly things, he was with them.” Also, it was on episode 2 when Deoksun patted his butt and told him to drink his milk and grow up to marry her. I told myself then he could be the hubby but thought it was not possible. And besides, I checked AsiaWiki and PBG’s name was listed right after GKP! I know it was so shallow of me but I really told myself not to get carried away with such moments. Remember R94 LOL! So I should concentrate on the story as a whole and focus less on the husband hunt. But then, while my frustration about Junghwan’s hesitation had reached my limit, Taek had earn points just by being nice and gentle with DS. Taek made DS shine and I think he understood her the most, her eagerness to please, her desire to be loved and acknowledged. They said he was childlike and most innocent but I think he was also the most mature among all of them. He grew up too fast because of baduk. He entered the adult world at a very early age. While his friends were enjoying high school, he had to travel overseas and win international competitions. he’s a quiet person too so it gave me an impression that he thinks a lot.  When all the kids thought that JH mom was being cool about JB’s operation, Taek said that she could be worried too. When his dad told him about SW mom, he respected his dad’s decision because he wanted him to be happy, wherein we saw a different but understandable first reaction from our wonder boy Sun Woo. And he loved DS. In the end, he deserved her love because he acted on it. He did not hesitate. He did not hide his feelings. What is love if you’re not going to show it?

This is why I love this reply installment the most among all the 3 series. I wanted to talk more about the other characters but I guess, I have written too much already. I understand the complains and the heartache of those who rooted for JH. His scenes with DS were so lovely and cute but I realized later on that while I was swooning with it all, DS did not swoon along with me. Simply because she did not know. She really never knew of JH’s feelings, how could we expect her to just suddenly realize it like an epiphany? As Sun Woo had said, DS was a bit dense. JH was given lots of opportunities to confess, especially because Taek was always not around. Just imagine if Taek was always around DS, telling her she’s cute, pretty, and nice. I think DS would have fallen in love with him even before she fell for Sun Woo and the husband hunt would be over on episode 2, unless there’s a plot twist LOL! Reply 1988 was very straightforward story telling of life’s normal events. And I recommend a rewatch to understand it more. I refused to watch the final episode of R94 because of too much heartache but when I made a rewatch from epi 1 to 20, I understand why CB did not get the girl though im still not happy with CB’s ending. Anyways, my only complain for R1988 is that they did not show us how DS-TK revealed their relationships to their families and neighborhood. It would not have hurt to see their parents’ faces when they confessed LOL. I did not feel the ending was rushed. It’s pretty amazing how they wrapped up everyone’s character. Of course, I would have loved to learn more about JH and DY and their families, or even about Jin Joo. But I have accepted the limits of R1988 pd and writer and staffs. The drama could not last forever after all. But the show gave me much materials to let my imagination run its happy course. 

Sorry for the very long post. I miss soompi and it even looks different now. LOL.

Great:heart:

KOREA CABLE TV AWARDS (KCTA)

Reply 1988 won the best drama award in the 2015 Korea Cable TV Awards! The trophy was given to Shin Won Ho PD, the director of the Reply series :D 

Ra Mi Ran (Ra Mi Ran)  won a trophy for "Popularity Award"

Ryu Jun Yeol (Kim Junghwan) won a trophy for "Male Rising Star Award"

Ryu Hye Young (Sung Bora) won a trophy for "Female Rising Star Award"

CONGRATULATIONS!

“Reply 1988″ Producer Says People Focused on the Wrong Themes

“Reply 1988″ Producer Says People Focused on the Wrong Themes

Shin Won Ho, producer of tvN’s “Reply 1988” finally opened up about Ryu Jun Yeol’s lack of film time in the last few episodes of the show.

On March 25, a Cable TV Employment Talk Concert was held. Some of the lecturers at the event were “Reply 1988” producer Shin Won Ho, MBC’s “Scholar Who Walks the Night” and “Coffee Prince” writer Jang Hyun Joo, CJ E&M director Kim Hong Bae, iHQ director Jo Seung Hwan, show host Yoo Nan Hee, and t-broad team manager Song Jae Hyuk.

When someone from the audience commented to producer Shin Won Ho, “’Reply 1988’ wasn’t as polished as the other series,” he replied, “Every one is saying that Ryu Jun Yeol’s film time decreased, but that is not true.”

“It is clear when you look at the script. Jung Hwan is the only character in ‘Reply 1988’ who has no pain. He has everything. If you look into the earlier episodes of ‘Reply 1988,’ he doesn’t have that much film time. He’s never been a character with a lot of film time,” he explained.

“We tried to divide the film time between the 16 characters as equally as possible. 99% of the story was about family, and only 1% was about Duk Seon’s love. However, everyone seemed to be focused on that 1%. Partially, I was upset. The media only seemed remember Jung Hwan telling Duk Seon to ‘Come home earlier,’” he added.

“What we wanted to pass on to our audience was the story of family. I took comfort in the fact that a few people would tell me, ‘I enjoyed your story telling about family.’ There is no exact reason why Jung Hwan’s film time reduced,” Shin Won Ho said.

Meanwhile, Cable TV Employment Talk Concert is an event in which professionals in the media are invited to talk to the younger generation that is preparing for employment.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/25/reply-1988-producer-says-people-focused-on-the-wrong-themes/

Award Winners of “Korea Cable TV Awards 2016″ Revealed

Some excerpts of the article...Congratulations!!!! 

“Reply 1988,” which has rewritten history for cable drama ratings, received the grand award for the drama category,."

“Reply 1988” especially made its mark at the ceremony, taking away all the awards. From the grand award to rising and popular star award, every prize it won proved it was one of the biggest hits from last year. "

Guest ayvah
16 hours ago, Grace1003 said:

“Reply 1988″ Producer Says People Focused on the Wrong ThemesShin Won Ho, producer of tvN’s “Reply 1988” finally opened up about Ryu Jun Yeol’s lack of film time in the last few episodes of the show.

On March 25, a Cable TV Employment Talk Concert was held. Some of the lecturers at the event were “Reply 1988” producer Shin Won Ho, MBC’s “Scholar Who Walks the Night” and “Coffee Prince” writer Jang Hyun Joo, CJ E&M director Kim Hong Bae, iHQ director Jo Seung Hwan, show host Yoo Nan Hee, and t-broad team manager Song Jae Hyuk.

When someone from the audience commented to producer Shin Won Ho, “’Reply 1988’ wasn’t as polished as the other series,” he replied, “Every one is saying that Ryu Jun Yeol’s film time decreased, but that is not true.”

“It is clear when you look at the script. Jung Hwan is the only character in ‘Reply 1988’ who has no pain. He has everything. If you look into the earlier episodes of ‘Reply 1988,’ he doesn’t have that much film time. He’s never been a character with a lot of film time,” he explained.

“We tried to divide the film time between the 16 characters as equally as possible. 99% of the story was about family, and only 1% was about Duk Seon’s love. However, everyone seemed to be focused on that 1%. Partially, I was upset. The media only seemed remember Jung Hwan telling Duk Seon to ‘Come home earlier,’” he added.

“What we wanted to pass on to our audience was the story of family. I took comfort in the fact that a few people would tell me, ‘I enjoyed your story telling about family.’ There is no exact reason why Jung Hwan’s film time reduced,” Shin Won Ho said.

Meanwhile, Cable TV Employment Talk Concert is an event in which professionals in the media are invited to talk to the younger generation that is preparing for employment.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/25/reply-1988-producer-says-people-focused-on-the-wrong-themes/

i can't help but agree with Shi Won PD. I can even feel his frustration lol. 

Archived