[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

On 2/1/2016 at 8:41 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

BUT what about JH.. he always knew T liked her...then why did T not make a move with DS.. even after 6 years why were all single.. why was T going on dates... given these facts..Why did JH not approach DS .. WHY? What was stopping him..

is it because JH afraid (and confused) too??? because (maybe) he realize that DS love Taek too... 

ep 10 : DS asked if she can go to blind date? and JH said "dont go".  Taek said he like DS as a woman. 

ep 11 : he know that DS go to Taek's room until night but he didnt just go there just like how DS stay in SW's room. he look Taek's room is dark .... what was he think of? 

ep 12 : JH - DR - SW didnt know if taek lent money again. Taek just tell DS about it.... when DS laugh because taek imitate her ..... JH look at Taek and then he want go back because he want to watch movie with JB. 

Spoiler

when DS asked him .... he didnt reply it.... but because DR said the waitress look like lee mi yeon, he want to go, (but he cant make eye contact with DS, he avoid her)

Spoiler

morning when DS - JH - DR - SW go to school suddenly taek come out

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the restaurant .... this is the expression of JH when taek come 

Spoiler

Spoiler

when DS help Taek cutting the pork cutlets 

Spoiler

Spoiler

when Taek put down the umbrella 

Spoiler

Spoiler

and then he make a excuse want to call JB to record the boxing match (?) and then he just left the restaurant without said anything with DS and Taek. (for surely he was avoid DS and Taek)

ep 13 : JH look DS go to Taek's house 

Spoiler

ep 14 : when Taek said he want to go DS's house

Spoiler

after he saw the photo taek - DS

Spoiler

he looks so annoyed ... why? because he saw taek hv the photo which one the pose is similiar with him? or maybe he saw DS face is different from taek's photo and his photo ???

ep 15 : ........ i think this is THE END .... that JH know that he cant climb the invisible wall between DS and TAEK...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

btw, this is another clue about TAEK - DS.... JB give it to JH forhis birthday present. is it to cruel???

Spoiler

natural love = their love happens, it is a "natural" as the "sea" and as powerful. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, melissala said:

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/727487 - mbc hidden battle preview

Hyeri laughing at the guys getting kidnapped for YoF.  She's so Deok-Sun. :w00t:  Her poor boys...

I just saw this from twitter... straightly came here to spazz... OMG her laughing and screaming LMAO :lol: Hyeri = Deokseon, Deokseon = Hyeri hahahaha

10 hours ago, JCM said:

<snip>

EDIT: You also have a really good point in looking at the potential differences between how Taek meant it and how DS received it. There is no objective reality in the social world. Our perceptions/interpretations of communication and behavior due to our contexts is the reality as far as we are concerned - because that's all we know. It's totally possible for a person to say/communicate/behave one way with a certain meaning and another person hear/receive/see something totally different with a different meaning if they're inhabiting/using different contexts to give meaning to those symbols.

Yes. Great amplification.

Yellow: True. Also, it is not only what is communicated verbally and non-verbally, but the assumptions people begin with. That is why two people can leave a detailed conversation with divergent plans of action; they started with very different assumptions that they assume the other was agreeing to.

Back to R1988--(It seems to me that) DS perceived there was a shift in the nature of her relationship to Taek and therefore stopped her previous touching behavior which no longer feel appropriate. She stopped initiating that particular type of touch with TAek; Taek (who I don't remember previously initiating the hair brush) began touching her (projection) with the relationship he wanted in mind.

DS might not have known consciously what Taek's new relationship with her was, but she knew it was different and she found it pleasurable. She welcomed it.  The context had changed and (if it ever were) was no longer "sisterly". I am not saying the context was immediately romantic because (as we know) she did not have the full awareness of what her pleasure of being with Taek meant.

ok..its over a week..and i am still not over my crying..and i was team T..

What the hell... damn you who suggested to watch this drama..

Show me the road to hell..

(Q: this forum isn't all about analysis right?.. i don't have any..i  have my tears to offer and some random musings.. and a weak heart .. anyone knocking? :P )

Q2: Hyeri doesn't have traditional korean looks right.. her features are actually quite prominent.eyes and all.. cute face..otherwise you have immensely b'ful ladies in the dramaland..but at some level all of them look the same with perfect white skin, sharp nose, small well defined lips..

@uremysunshine I am not sure. I did wonder about it but it's not like DS was not showing her interest to JH. The pink shirt (her own birthday present), her being hurt at thinking JB wore it (JH saw her reaction and got mad because of the misunderstanding) the insistance that she goes with him at the concert, the smiles, etc). He would have saw a glimpse of it when she is annoyed Taek cancelled in episode 16 but before, that's a bit far-fetched IMO.

@uremysunshine

Thnks a ton for the pics..so much effort wow..

BTW i have to say this.. while watching the series, i always felt..wat awesome acting by JH because his character is tough..he has to express but not express (u know)..

and now when i look at the pictures..its the exact same expression in each pic..lol.. irony part 3

22 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

and now when i look at the pictures..its the exact same expression in each pic..lol.. irony part 3

I don't think one can look at photos to actually consider acting. Acting is about movement, tone of voice, gestures. It is not static. It also relies on context.

Reflecting back on the show, (I just can't quit you, R88!) I want to take a moment to appreciate Jung-Hwan's awesome sense of humor. I think the actor playing him has incredible comic timing.

- I loved that conversation Jung-Hwan had with Sun-Woo where he asks if SW likes Bora’s prickly attitude, and he admits that he doesn’t. And JH replies, “Of course, you are human.” Just the wry way he delivers that line slays me. And then he shivers in disgust when SW tells him that Bora is not going to see her boyfriend because she’s not wearing a skirt. The subtitles said, “freak,” but he actually called SunWoo a “byuntae.” (pervert) HAHA! Anyway, Jung-Hwan had a pretty foul mouth and a very salty sense of humor that was very subtle and I felt like we didn’t see enough of it, because he spent a lot of time moping.

But he does look so pretty when he mopes, so no complaints.

- OMG, his hilarious grin when he witnessed DS finding out SW likes Bora. HAHAHA, that was the best. Or all the times he grinned to himself in the following days whenever he saw DS being mad at SW. So petty, and yet so sweet.

- So many little moments, like when everyone was going to eat Don-Katsu, and JH said he wouldn’t go. DR tells him the waitress looks like Lee Mi-Yeon, and then he replies, “Oh, I better go then.” Again, it's all about his delivery.

Basically, Jung-Hwan just seems like a really fun guy to hang out with, like, the best buddy to have. It’s really a shame that he spent a lot of time brooding (although he was very good at that as well), because I wish we saw a lot more of his funny side. I hope we see him next in a role that lets him be more funny.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys. Blu-Ray/DVD discussion is closed... and actual pre-orders are starting.

Also you can submit questions about the drama for cast and staff which may be translated in Korean and added to special feature interview(s).

I know they posted their email before for the research. You may still be able to reach them at reply1988dvd@gmail.com for inquiries in English and Japanese or 2178955770@qq.com for inquiries in Chinese.

On 2/3/2016 at 11:04 AM, carolinedl said:

I am not sure. I did wonder about it but it's not like DS was not showing her interest to JH. The pink shirt (her own birthday present), her being hurt at thinking JB wore it (JH saw her reaction and got mad because of the misunderstanding) the insistance that she goes with him at the concert, the smiles, etc).

DS was showing her interest to JH, but at the same time DS more and more care for Taek. thats why JH confused...... he tell DS to think why he come to McD for her --> she start suspect if JH love her --> (DS was showing her interest) DS tell Noeul to move, she want to sit near JH, but then when SW's mom asked her to give the food for Taek, she didnt comeback until night. (this is the reason why JH didnt want go to concert with her) JH mad on her --> after dinner DS want stay close with JH but JH still avoid her...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

JH a bit surprise when DS said good night to him..... --> DS asked JH to go concert again, and then he said YES .....

Taek learn swear from DS, but SH- JH - DR didnt know why .... there was conversation just between DS - tAEK. when DS laugh because Taek' swear, he want to leave with the excuse that he want to watch movie with JB. he is still jealous. --> But when DS asked him , if he can go to ear pork cutlet or not... he cant answer it, avoid her eyes.... he finally said Yes because DR said the waitress look like lee mi yeon. (i guest, he wish that Taek cant come, thats why he look surprise when Taek is coming)  --> and then Taek and DS go to washroom together TWICE... --> JW back to home alone ... he avoid DS and Taek.  --> and again the next day...... everyone screaming "THIEF", DR's dad asked where is taek? DS answer it, about Taek is practicing Baduk. and then JH saw her back to Taek's house. --> DS give pink shirt for his birthday present --> "the misunderstand" --> then he saw the Taek - DS photo --> and then he saw Taek lay on his head to DS. from that is so much clear for JH that DS didnt love him. 

for Taek, he is afraid that DS didnt believe him, if he said that he love her. for DS, she didnt want to confess to someone she love, because she is afraid the rejection. For JH, he is afraid because he know how closed Taek and DS .... thats why he was so hesitant ... 

23 minutes ago, uremysunshine said:

DS was showing her interest to JH, but at the same time DS more and more care for Taek. thats why JH confused...... he tell DS to think why he come to McD for her --> she start suspect if JH love her --> (DS was showing her interest) DS tell Noeul to move, she want to sit near JH, but then when SW's mom asked her to give the food for Taek, she didnt comeback until night. (this is the reason why JH didnt want go to concert with her) JH mad on her --> after dinner DS want stay close with JH but JH still avoid her...

Pictures deleted.   

JH a bit surprise when DS said good night to him..... --> DS asked JH to go concert again, and then he said YES .....

Taek learn swear from DS, but SH- JH - DR didnt know why .... there was conversation just between DS - tAEK. when DS laugh because Taek' swear, he want to leave with the excuse that he want to watch movie with JB. he is still jealous. --> But when DS asked him , if he can go to ear pork cutlet or not... he cant answer it, avoid her eyes.... he finally said Yes because DR said the waitress look like lee mi yeon. (i guest, he wish that Taek cant come, thats why he look surprise when Taek is coming)  --> and then Taek and DS go to washroom together TWICE... --> JW back to home alone ... he avoid DS and Taek.  --> and again the next day...... everyone screaming "THIEF", DR's dad asked where is taek? DS answer it, about Taek is practicing Baduk. and then JH saw her back to Taek's house. --> DS give pink shirt for his birthday present --> "the misunderstand" --> then he saw the Taek - DS photo --> and then he saw Taek lay on his head to DS. from that is so much clear for JH that DS didnt love him. 

for Taek, he is afraid that DS didnt believe him, if he said that he love her. for DS, she didnt want to confess to someone she love, because she is afraid the rejection. For JH, he is afraid because he know how closed Taek and DS .... thats why he was so hesitant ... 

The geometry on this makes perfect sense.

Great proof, nicely done!

Here is a new interview of Bogum. He's talking about the kiss scene. Haha

st_1454574903_-1670368425_0.jpg

Park Bogum "The kiss scene with Hyeri was my very first and I acted like it was no big deal but..."

Park Bogum revealed his thoughts about the kiss scene with Hyeri.

He revealed in this latest interview with Sports Today that he felt shy while filming his very first on-screen kiss.

Recently Hyeri revealed in an interview that "me and Bogum-oppa are close therefore i felt embarrased during the kiss scene. I felt like I was the only one making a big deal out of it while oppa just seemed not nervous about it". However, what Park Bogum felt about the scene wasn't so different from Hyeri after all. 

Park Bogum confessed, "Honestly, I was embarrased but I pretended that I was not. It was our very first onscreen kiss for the both of us. I feel like in this situation, the guy has to lead well so even if I was nervous, I pretended not to be."

He added while laughing, "After the scene was shot, I became awkward and shy for no reason. But being the guy, I try not to make it so obvious but Hyeri probably felt awkward too."

Being the one who shot the most scenes with Hyeri, Park Bogum mentioned that, "through R88, Hyeri and I became close. Hyeri is much like her Deoksun character who is very cheerful and energetic. I feel like she gives a lot of love to those around her." He further complimented Hyeri saying that she's a "cool singer and actress."

Park Bogum "The kiss scene with Hyeri was my very first and I acted like it was no big deal but..."

So it is his first onscreen kiss too! :blush:  so what HR said was true, there's no mistake in the translation....

BTW has soompi rules change? That we now can post unlimited pictures in one post without the spoiler tag? Because I still follow the old rules that one post can only has pic/gif & the rest has to be posted under the spoiler tag.

On 2/4/2016 at 8:25 PM, uremysunshine said:

..., but then when SW's mom asked her to give the food for Taek, she didnt comeback until night. (this is the reason why JH didnt want go to concert with her) JH mad on her

I would agree with you if that moment would have happened in the previous episode. Because we clearly see that, just after Taek confessed his feelings for DS to the guys, JH is looking at the concert tickets looking quite upset and gloomy. This is a moment of questioning, in which we see JH being torn. This scene is there to show the viewers that things are changing and to explain JH's consequent coldness and distance.

http://i.imgur.com/5WROgUj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yOsjp0f.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dAHZXyA.jpg

I agree that JH lacked courage and that he may have been scared of rejection, but I don't think that he was mad at DS for taking care of Taek. Let's all remember that they ALL take care of Taek: DR, SW, DS (all those flashbacks at the end showed that she did take care of him since a long time and that tjose sentiments evolved into love) and JH himself too.

Spoiler

See original image

Source: @honeywell on page 135 on this thread!

Let's not forget that there is a love storyline between JH and TK too! JH loves Taek and vice versa! This scene shows that despite wanting to hate him, he just cannot. It's LOVE. :wub: They love each other and that is why things get complicated...

Spoiler

http://k14.vcmedia.vn/2015/5-1449988276147.jpg

Source: http://k14.vcmedia.vn/2015/5-1449988276147.jpg

I don't think JH actually knew DS liked him. You can tell by his confession (blue made this point as well) that he didn't realize she was on the bus to see him, not that it was just some accident.  I don't think he made the connection.  That part of their story never had closure (that's why I still wanted a "thanks for loving me" scene from DS to him, but alas.... ).  So I could see how he might think she could have feelings for Taek in 88-89.  But I agree, I don't think he was ever mad at her for liking or taking care of Taek.  He definitely did not like to actually SEE it though.  It's a complicated situation really. 

Yes, @melissala, I agree with you (except the part about JH thinking DS liked TK in 1988, I think I need to rewatch some episodes to see to be honest [ha, ha, the good excuse]). He might have not gotten it with the bus scene, but I do think it was kinda obvious with the pink shirt and the comment about how things were not going her way these days... Plus how she insisted they go to the concert... I dunno, I am having a hard time imagining JH was totally clueless.

But mad at DS?! Not at all!

Let's not make JH into a bad person, when he clearly is not. Plus, that would hurt Taek as well: Taek did not win over DS because JH was bad, he won her over because of his personnality and how he treated her, their dynamics.

Archived