[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taek really is left handed! He even use the spoon and eat with his left hand. Deoksun future husband might be left handed too by how he hold his coffee and drink from the left hand, as we see in 2015. 

This doesn't prove Taek is the husband, but it pretty much confirm PD wants to have him involved in our husband competition since they left the left handed clue hint there, to make Taek a contender too.

Taek really is left handed! He even use the spoon and eat with his left hand. Deoksun future husband might be left handed too by how he hold his coffee and drink from the left hand, as we see in 2015. 

This doesn't prove Taek is the husband, but it pretty much confirm PD wants to have him involved in our husband competition since they left the left handed clue hint there, to make Taek a contender too.

Kim Joo Hyuk is left handed too~~~ since I watched him in 1N2D, he eat using left hand. Uhm but but but... TT

I'm wishing Junghwan though~~~ kkk

Hellooo Everyone, this is my first time joining this thread, I'm so crazy over the drama, I streamed the episodes and re-watched the raw over and over again waiting for sub for entire weekend~~~~~ Such a beautiful meaningful drama, I'm glad PD and writer put more family and friendship elements into it more than the previous installments. I'm so grateful the casts really do it wonderfully good. I wish I can following this thread from now on, 잘 부탁해요

:) :) :):) :) 

REPLY 1988 Fighting!!!!!

I wonder if they were trying to make a point that DS is forgetful in episode 4? At the beginning of the episode, she walks out and realizes she forgot her backpack. At the end of the episode, she walks out and realizes she forgot her lunch.

Going back to the 2015 scene about the chocolate... Though I have no clue what the husband is trying to say, I think it's probably fair to say that DS can't remember who she gave the chocolate to to save her life lol

Taek will probably be a contender but I'd be surprise if he was the husband, seeing the personality of the future husband and Taek now, the mannerism doesn't match unless Taek has a major lobotomy during the show.  

Just a note because I saw people complaining about slow subs:

1, A drama needs a subbing team, aka people who volunteer to do it, not people who are paid to do so. If a drama is not subbed as quickly, it's because of the lack of subbers on the team.

2, People who volunteer have to be interested in the show to sub it. As a result, shows without household names are less likely to be subbed quickly.

3, Licensing is a messy process as it is, on top of server fees and maintenance fees, so stop complaining about how Dramafever should satisfy viewers and put out subs quickly already.

Learn Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese if you want to understand everything, it's not like you're directly paying them anything to complain about speed lol. Oh yeah and might I remind you even channels with official subs like KBS world are usually behind 2 or 3 episodes?

1, A drama needs a subbing team, aka people who volunteer to do it, not people who are paid to do so. If a drama is not subbed as quickly, it's because of the lack of subbers on the team.

2, People who volunteer have to be interested in the show to sub it. As a result, shows without household names are less likely to be subbed quickly.

3, Licensing is a messy process as it is, on top of server fees and maintenance fees, so stop complaining about how Dramafever should satisfy viewers and put out subs quickly already.

Learn Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese if you want to understand everything, it's not like you're directly paying them anything to complain about speed lol. Oh yeah and might I remind you even channels with official subs like KBS world are usually behind 2 or 3 episodes?

Not really.   Dramafever is not Viki and is not run by volunteers.  They also have exclusive rights, so nobody else can help even if they wanted to.  These are "official" subs.  Dramafever is a paid service.  So, yes some people are directly paying them.  You can watch it for free, but you also have to watch ads.  It's a business. They provides a service for people to watch dramas.  It's not fans volunteering and they don't have to rely on people helping them for free.

Anyway, Dramafever should have cleared up when subs were coming out instead of not saying anything and making people wait while every other drama they release gets released the same day.  They can't release earlier supposedly because of licensing issues.  They have since told viewers that the subbed episodes will be out every Monday.  People would not have been left to wonder then. 

I'm just glad it's cleared up.  Now we know we have to wait so it should limit the complaining. 

Guest ororomunroe

Viki subbed the last two Reply series and they had a huge volunteer group who were willing to sub this drama but since Dramafever has the exclusive, we're left to wait for subs. 

As @melissala stated, Dramafever pays its subbers so it's not about the volunteers. It's a licencing issue with tvN. For some reason, tvN only wants them to release it after the weekend is over. And I think it's released on Monday afternoon US time, which is Tuesday for those of us who are ahead. 

And KBS World are behind a week with their subs on purpose. That's their standard procedure and it shouldn't be compared to Viki and Dramafever. 

Just FYI guys, but Answer Me 1997 also had late subs when it aired in DramaFever. So I'm not surprised at all at the delay; heck, they specifically put it in their showguide that 1988 airs on Monday, so I'm not sure why people are complaining when they release it Monday evening. (Being an american company and all)

Sounds to me it's more of a licensing issue, especially with all the things that are blurred out in the video (I highly doubt it's censored in the original?). In any case, as someone who's been around since anime subbing in early 2000's, a couple days wait is nothing compared to months between episodes. Heck, one would be lucky just to have subs at all for K-dramas even as early as 2010, so I'm just thanking my lucky stars that DF even got to air it in the first place since it sounds like a big headache in terms of license. (I'm surprised those legit 1988 Air Jordan III wasn't censored either at this point lol)

As for the show itself, Sun Woo X Bo Ra SSSQQQQUUUEEEE! Well, it's pretty much confirmed at least that Sun Woo --> Bo Ra, as he uncharacteristically wanted to look good for the tutoring lesson, when he NEVER cared about his appearance (even with Duk Seon). This time though, he HAD to wear that jacket even though it was cold from being wet. The writers were trying to be sneaky since they showed that before it was confirmed that Sun Woo would be going to the tutoring, but when I ship something so bad, nothing will get past me! XD

Just kind of worrying about the preview though, as Bo Ra seems to be in big trouble. Like it's been dropped before she is an activist, going into protests and all. I thought it was the peaceful kind, but seeing her all bloodied up makes me fear for her life. After all, all the previous iterations of the series, the MC's older sibling always is dead, so I hope this wouldn't repeat itself for this iteration. I really think Sun WooXBo Ra is just too darn cute, and I don't want to feel devastated as I was with Song Joo/Tae Wong. :'(

Now for the MC itself, c'mon guys, "I can't help falling in love with you" playing at the end of the episode, which is titled "Can't Help ~ing"? With the episode starting with Duk Seon getting destroyed by people moving inside the bus, and the episode ending with Jung Hwan protecting her? Duk Seon/Jun Hwan is pretty much in the books; they're being really transparent this time around.

hi guys,

honestly this is my first time watching reply drama,i never watch 1994 and 1997 before this.and i m stuck with this drama now because of DS and JH..

kyaaa,ottokke i don't want ship anyone here because all of them can be DS husband but.. i cant stop myself to love JH..

and yes,he's not handsome at all,but his charm really catch my heart..

201511331447501141.jpg 

104906_122623_3331.jpg

cr from owner.

Guest durrahkhairuddin

I think I need to write my thoughts here as everyone seem to forget one important aspect in answer me series. 

"the same-sex crush/love"

everyone try to say Taek will be a contender in the husband race but don't realize that Taek will be happy when Junghwan talked to him or help him taking food bcs he cant use his chopstick properly? In episode 2, when the 4 of them were drunk, dont you realize that Taek tangled his hand with Junghwan and looked so happy? 

Guest beastrbae

I think I need to write my thoughts here as everyone seem to forget one important aspect in answer me series. 

"the same-sex crush/love"

everyone try to say Taek will be a contender in the husband race but don't realize that Taek will be happy when Junghwan talked to him or help him taking food bcs he cant use his chopstick properly? In episode 2, when the 4 of them were drunk, dont you realize that Taek tangled his hand with Junghwan and looked so happy? 

Heh true, in the both of the previous franchises, there's always this one friend who admired the future husband of our female lead. Although I didn't spot what you said, looks like I will need to retune to that episode. It might or might not be an indicator of who the husband is, but I don't know if the writers would include this this time round. I realised also Junghwan understands Taek better, as in he knew that Taek wanted to join them to their fieldtrip and maybe regrets quitting school to focus on his baduk tournaments.

*shrugs* I still doubt that their pay amounts to much. And if that's your argument, KBS world and Dramafever should have similar policies anyways. Adding on to this, Viki and Dramafever are similar as well. I'm not sure if you're aware of how much server maintenance fees cost but it goes up to hundreds of thousands of dollars, advertisements really don't add up to much. A site can be referred to as a business when it's like Netflix, where you actually pay a sufficient amount. 

KBS's youtube channel used to be/ is still sort of behind on subs as well. And even if they're paid I doubt it works on the basis of allocation anyways. As in subbers are not allocated to shows but choose what they sub.

Also yeah, I forgot to mention it but Asia is ahead of the US in terms of time so they do release on schedule. 

@DragoonKain3 Thank you for being the voice of reason LOL. Sometimes I just really feel that people are taking for granted the fact that things get translated wayyy faster nowadays even though it's still free.

As for the show itself, Sun Woo X Bo Ra SSSQQQQUUUEEEE! Well, it's pretty much confirmed at least that Sun Woo --> Bo Ra, as he uncharacteristically wanted to look good for the tutoring lesson, when he NEVER cared about his appearance (even with Duk Seon). This time though, he HAD to wear that jacket even though it was cold from being wet. The writers were trying to be sneaky since they showed that before it was confirmed that Sun Woo would be going to the tutoring, but when I ship something so bad, nothing will get past me! XD

Just kind of worrying about the preview though, as Bo Ra seems to be in big trouble. Like it's been dropped before she is an activist, going into protests and all. I thought it was the peaceful kind, but seeing her all bloodied up makes me fear for her life. After all, all the previous iterations of the series, the MC's older sibling always is dead, so I hope this wouldn't repeat itself for this iteration. I really think Sun WooXBo Ra is just too darn cute, and I don't want to feel devastated as I was with Song Joo/Tae Wong. :'(

Now for the MC itself, c'mon guys, "I can't help falling in love with you" playing at the end of the episode, which is titled "Can't Help ~ing"? With the episode starting with Duk Seon getting destroyed by people moving inside the bus, and the episode ending with Jung Hwan protecting her? Duk Seon/Jun Hwan is pretty much in the books; they're being really transparent this time around.

i don't think she'll die just because it'll be too big of a blow for other characters. Like the story will (logically) have to shift focus onto her death and other characters coping, whereas in the last series the siblings already passed away for quite a number of years already. Idk, her injuries might lead to something happening between her and SW so I'm definitely looking forward to how things unfold :3 :3 :3

Anyone notice that Dramafever blurs things out?  The TVs in episode 3 and randomly the stamp Junghwan's brother was trying to remove was blurred out.  Also when DS wanted the walkman the commercial was blurred, so you don't even know what she wanted lol.  So weird.  :o  I can understand maybe they don't have permission to broadcast the music shows or commericals overseas, but the stamp though...   Okay, I guess this is the issue with the slow subs.  So much to blur out. 

Re: Bora dying.  I doubt it.  It's too big of a thing to happen.  It would take over the whole show and ruin the mood honestly. 

Archived