[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, man... i have not logged into soompi... at all... since YOF in Africa ended XD;; i've missed this thread and all the news it brings... i completely missed everything about the baeksang!! from the few photos i've seen so far, i'm so happy to see them looking pretty well. will have to go back and READ. :o

in any case, the AM88 blu-ray/dvd team (and YES24) have posted a notice on release date delays.... BUT... they also posted some (A LOT) of info about what's coming to the blu-ray/dvd release. 

Details of Special Goods, Special Features, and lots more!

i won't re-post everything, but, all episodes have been "completely re-edited", and they have some really nice special goods coming along (deok sun's journal, seonbora's wedding album and invitation, taek's diary, taeksun and seonbora's couple photos, etc.) there's also going to be one original signed postcard... but only randomly and for a few orders.

i hope those who could pre-order actually did, because this sounds super-exciting. *_____*

I'm so late on watching this amazing drama. I'm only half-way through and I can't help but spaz. Sadly I spoiled the ending for myself. My poor Jung Hwan!!!! I love the whole family concept, each family was so interesting and I didn't hate a single one of them...except maybe Bo Ra and I especially adored Jung Hwan's father ^_^. I'm still not happy with the ending... Taek is super adorable and is really likable but Jung Hwan was something else... from his chest to chest interaction with Deok Sun to going to Gangnam to meet her to buying her gloves even though he wasn't her secret santa to secretly being happy Sun Woo didn't like her. Can't get over how in love I am with the bickering Jung Hwan and Deok Sun. I'm preparing my heart for the heartbreak to come...off to go finish the drama. 

Reply 1988 has surpassed 100 million views in China's video platform iQiYi after its first official broadcast on 24 June 2016

673c0421jw1f5j4akg4hgj20hs0vkqdv.jpg

“Reply 1988” has surpassed the 100 million view mark in less than a month since its official online premiere in China.

On July 5, online video platform Aichi revealed that the tvN drama has been dominating audience viewership with a total view count totaling over 100 million for episodes 1-20, and a rating of 8.6 out of 10.

The third installment of the “Reply” franchise is currently at first place among all the Korean dramas on Aichi. The drama may be about Korea in the 1980s, but the tales of family and first love transcend the cultural borders and resonate with Chinese viewers.

That much of the viewer demographic is composed of ladies in their late teens and early twenties is attributed to the fact that the drama features young Korean stars.

0069CDzEgw1f5j76r677mj30tb0dymxl.jpg

Source | Source | Source | Source

Baidu Search Index (PBG-Blue, LHR-Green, RJY-Orange)

6a68e0c8gw1f5j886aymwj21kw0lxdji.jpg

From 6 June-3 July 2016; screen-capped by 咖喱8020 via Baidu Index

======================================

Park Bo-gum will be coming to Hong-Kong to promote the show for ViuTV on 28 July 2016

Hong-Kong billboards featuring Taek

13534553_1347393338620993_2110900854_n.j

13557335_614236898743844_552832701_n.jpg

Source | Source | Source

• 2 weeks later...

(News Focus) Girl group idols prove worthy of big roles

By Chung Joo-won, Cho Min-jung

SEOUL, July 19 (Yonhap) -- South Korean girl group members have long suffered from the social stigma that idol singers are terrible at acting, yet are effortless in stealing roles.

Some idol singers, however, are notably breaking that stereotype of singer-turned-actors. Three girl group idols -- Hyeri and Minah of Girl's Day and Nana of After School -- drew rave reviews in their recent appearances on the small screen, proving themselves worthy of larger parts.

Hyeri of South Korean girl group Girl's Day appears in the still photo of comedy-drama series "Entertainer." (Yonhap)Hyeri of South Korean girl group Girl's Day appears in the still photo of comedy-drama series "Entertainer." (Yonhap)

There is little doubt that Hyeri of Girl's Day was one of the most successful idol-turned-actresses of 2015.

Amid abounding concerns, the 22-year-old K-pop artist snatched the lead female role in mega-hit television drama series "Reply 1988" on tvN.

Hyeri made the perfect Deoksun, the middle child of an ordinary, economically struggling family. Bolstered by the drama's fierce marketing of nostalgia that stirred up "Reply 1988 syndrome," Hyeri established herself as an actress solely on acting skills, according to local critics.

However, her fame as a bankable hit maker in the Korean drama market was somewhat undermined by her next show, "Entertainer," a much-anticipated comedy-drama series on SBS.

The new series concluded with an 8.7 viewership rating, a lower-than-expected performance considering Hyeri's immense popularity.

jwc@yna.co.kr

SOURCE

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ayvah

i miss watching a drama that is of the same standard as the reply series.  my least favorite is reply 1994 but  i have even watched it for the third time already hehe and though i don't love it as much as i love 1997 or 1988, i still prefer it over all the other dramas in kdramaland.

because in a reply drama, no matter how you hate or love the ending, whether you ship the end couple or not, the endgame and the story is done flawlessly. it's amazing how detailed the writer and production are.

just very recently i finished rewatching reply 1988 and i found out that taek could always tell if dukseon is coming into his room because she always knocks, his father calls him, the other 3 just come barging in. and on my rewatching, i realized that dukseon's pov seems to be more about taek and there's never been trolling lol. the writer and pd were so bad to troll the audience that they're just being trolled. but actually, the husband game this time is straightforward. who else among them would warrant an interview in the future but the famous baduk player on the block?

another detail that i just noticed on my rewatch, when junghwan made a wish on a shooting star. he wished taek was a jerk and then right then, he saw taek smoking on the rooftop. we all know how he sees smoking so indeed his wish came true.

another also the parallelism of jungbong waiting for mi ok in the restaurant in 1994. there's that door ringing everytime someone comes in. the same thing happened when the gang had dinner in the restaurant and taek was not there. dukseon would look up to the door everytime it ringed.

soorry to just suddenly come here and post hehe. i really miss watching a drama that has the same depth and impact as a reply drama. so i rewatch all the series, from 1997 to 1994 to 1988. 

• 1 month later...

I feel like I should say thank you to Reply 1988.  Crazy busy time but Ko Gyung Pyo (whose work the series introduced me to) and Park Bo Gum are currently slaying in k-dramaland.

In Moonlight Park Bo Gum is continues being one of the most dreamy romantic lead in k-dramaland with kindness and consideration being one of the sexiest thing about his characters, even more than his amazing looks and deep resonate voice.giphy.gif

Ko Gyung Pyo is so ready to carry a romantic lead.  Like PBG, KGP performance makes kindness and consideration irresistible and sexy. That along with his stunning physique and gorgeous face are cause  for heart palpitations.:wub: Ah, he's second in Jealousy Incarnate, so he won't get the girl, but still it is fun watching him as his swoon-worthy best. 

Both actors have brought a maturity to their currents roles that the high schoolers from 1988 are almost forgotten.  I wish others from the R88 cast will also do as well in their next drama.

Reply1988 Director's Cut Blu-Ray/DVD FINAL ORDER This Week!

[BLU-RAY]

- Limited Edition / total of 3,000 copies (remaining quantity from cancelled pre-orders: 264)

18 Discs 

- Price during 2nd Pre-order: 308,000 Korean Won

- Receive same special goods as 1st and 2nd pre-order

251D044857E1B1660230B1

[ DVD ]

- Limited Edition / total of 1500 copies (remaining quantity from cancelled pre-orders: 206) 

20 Discs 

- Price of 2nd Pre-order: 187,000 Korean Won

- Receive same special goods as 1st and 2nd pre-order

27217B4857E1B1693918E4

[Final Order Period]

2016. September 22 (Thu) 18:00 ~ 2016 October  03(Mon) 23:59 <Korea Standard Time/GMT+9>

- Available Quantity:  Blu-ray 264 copies / DVD 206 copies

- Place an order via the link that will be provided at the Cafe during the pre-order period.  

Thank You.

-Reply1988 Blu-Ray/DVD Team-

http://cafe.daum.net/reply1988dvd
https://www.facebook.com/reply1988bluraydvd/
http://reply1988dvd.tumblr.com

Sourcehttp://cafe.daum.net/reply1988dvd/bNk2/50

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the final orders on Director's Cut DVD is being sold through anyone else other than yes24.com? If I buy it, I need to check whether it would play in my region as well as whether they can ship it, but I can't actually tell from the details on the yes24.com site. Thanks in advance for any help.

“Reply 1988” PD Preparing For Next Installment Of Series

Spoiler

“Reply 1988” PD Preparing For Next Installment Of Series

On October 9, producing director (PD) Shin Won Ho appeared at an event for the tvN10 Festival.

The tvN10 Festival, like the tvN10 Awards, celebrates the cable channel’s productions over the past ten years. In that time, Shin Won Ho has directed “Reply 1997,” “Reply 1994,” and “Reply 1988,” all to great acclaim and popularity.

At the event he said, “I’ve just finished working on the DVD for ‘Reply 1988.’ Now I am getting ready for the preparations next year for the next ‘Reply’ series installment.”

Actors Ryu Jun Yeol, Lee Dong Hwi, and Ahn Jae Hong joined him at the event.

Are you excited to see the next series? You can still watch the first episode of the most recent “Reply 1988” below!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/09/reply-1988-pd-preparing-next-installment-reply-series/

Reply's Shin Won Ho PD reveals his new project is in the works

201610091710774761_57f9fc106ed20_99_20161009172406.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-10-09%2Bat%2B2.38.16%2BAM.png

Osen - Naver: 'Reply' Shin Won Ho PD "Currently preparing for a new project for broadcast next year"

1. [+1,608 -71] Personally, I'd like to see Reply 2002 ㅋ

2. [+710, -55] Reply 2002 please

3. [+395, -15] Wow looking forward to it ㅠㅠ

4. [+321, -14] Hope to see it soon!

5. [+278, -16] Can't wait ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ!!

6. [+67, -2] No idea how long Reply series will continue but it'd be cool when they do Reply 2016 later on

7. [+64, -2] Please cast Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa

8. [+57, -2] I don't care which year, I just want Reply series to be a regular thing

9. [+64, -6] If it's 2002, I was a student at that time, there was the World Cup and Tooniverse was at its peak. Please let it happen ㅋ

10. [+56, -7] Enough with the husband search, do a wife search this time ㅋㅋ

cr. kkuljaem

Archived