[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

M starting again..and it is still so addictive..

I still seem to find sthg new..

I have just started ep 2..

First scene, DK enters JH's house with some bottle to give to cheetan amma from her granny..

The beauty of the scene is..

seconds before JH dad enters his room and although he is not doing anything he shuts the door on me..

DK enters.. and how casually he walks out and sits on the dining table..

- Retrospectively it is so obvious (no i am not overreading into it.. its one of those minutest hints of when a guy likes you and wants to be around you..very b'fylly and intelligently shot)..

Bear with me.. i am just watching it..and typing in simult..

The title of the episode- The one thing you misunderstood about me

-Could be the choclate confusion in itself for all involved 

Could be the thing she misunderstood abt 'love' for the first time or SW :P .. or JH (because this is the first time she mentions of him not really 'pally' with him)

- could be the thing we young ones don't understand abt the elders .. specially parents..that they are people not just parents..

- ofcourse how everyone misunderstands BoRa'

- or how everne thinks taek is a kid n understands norhing to which DS dad says - al elements of life r in baduk.. he understands wrld

Their version of FLAMES.. lamao.. and its 1988.. world is always the same.. HOW>>>>

ok this is super funny... DS is trying to protect CT from liquor n what not.. n he has probably tried all by now..smoker already 

jh's family phot when they were young at ebtrance (54:54)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn!!!!>.

I always thought she meant to keep the choclate in CT's bag..

SO, ep 2 is set on 24th Sep 1988 - when she slips the choclate into the bag ( CT wasn't carrying any bag that she is well aware of.., and CT is someone she could have given the choclate directly too.. no hide and seek)

ep 3 is set in Aug 1988 wherein she has developed a crush on SW.. ( and since the heartbreak happens around christmas.. or late.. so that's december)

Which means, choclate was indeed meant for SW.. and first i thought her diary entry that bo ra read was just random erotic writing..however..on second thoughts..the choclate portion was actually true..and she had perceived feelings for SW..

On calculation: ~6 months crush on SW.., sometime in jan 89 on JH.. and by April 89 she was very very sure of CT..

Our poor JH actually managed to be her crush for the least time :( .. some 2 months..

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ok this is super funny... DS is trying to protect CT from liquor n what not.. n he has probably tried all by now..smoker already 

Good point

Maybe that's why he is always hiding his vice, he doesn't want to lose status with the purity police (DS)

SHIN PD INTERVIEW ! ABOUT REPLY 1988 AT THE 22ND SHANGHAI TV FESTIVAL

Ckl3dpQVAAIuiTC.jpg

Ckl3fnXVEAIFiOP.jpg

I LOVE HOW SHIN PD CLEAR THE MISUNDERSTANDING HOW HE DELIVER ALL STORY TO VIEWERS. OKAY, HE WAS THE ONE BEHIND REPLY SERIES, LOOKING HOW HARD HE TRIED TO EXPLAINT HIS PROJECT, HE INDEED REALLY WANTED TO STOP PPL FOR MISUNDERSTANDING.

HELLO NEW VIEWERS :)

True..at the end of the day.. this drama was so much more than the love story..infact love story gets such a small amt of screen time..and what tugged chords..was..were all these interactions..all of these..between every character..even between the buildings and the roads and the buses..the music.. :)

Its one fine piece of art..

Longest-Running K-Pop Songs On Music Charts In 2016 So Far

Recently a Korean media outlet examined the MelOn Top 100 to find songs with the most staying power.

Between the first week of January (December 28 – January 3) and the first week of June (May 30 – June 5), 13 songs have taken the No. 1 spot in the MelOn weekly chart. Of these songs, four stayed in the Top 100 for more than 20 weeks.

Reply 1988

The longest-running song is “Little Girl” by Oh Hyuk for the “Reply 1988” OST. It was released in November of 2015, but has stayed in the Top 100 for 23 weeks in 2016 and 29 weeks in total.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/12/longest-running-k-pop-songs-on-music-charts-in-2016-so-far/

PD SShin

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/14/reply-series-pd-dishes-on-working-with-park-bo-gum-and-girls-days-hyeri/

“Reply” Series PD Dishes On Working With Park Bo Gum And Girl’s Day’s Hyeri

“Reply” Series PD Dishes On Working With Park Bo Gum And Girl’s Day’s Hyeri

On the June 14 broadcast of tvN’s “Taxi,” actor Sung Dong Il and PD Shin Won Ho of the “Reply” series appear as guests.

During the taxi ride, PD Shin Won Ho dishes on working with actors Park Bo Gum and Girl’s Day’s Hyeri.

On Park Bo Gum, he shares, “He’s extremely well-mannered and kind-hearted. He’s so kind-hearted that it would make me laugh.”

“I liked Hyeri after seeing her on ‘Real Men.’ But she had gotten so big,” PD Shin Won Ho says about the “Reply 1988” star. “She is someone who has an outstanding amount of charm. She was also really good at acting.”

Shin Won Ho Park Bo Gum Girl's Day Hyeri

With regards to whether another installment of the “Reply” series is in the works, PD Shin Won Ho says, “I don’t know when another ‘Reply’ series [drama] will come. I might first do another genre.”

Would you like to see another “Reply” series drama?

Wow thank you @snowangel358 for Shin PD's precious interview.Reading this late,but it sure helps to get a more better hold on the story when the director says 'it was decided from the first that deok sun would end up with taek'.Leaves no more room for dispute heheh. Also this,'deok sun started from liking sun woo to realizing finally that one she likes is taek,this was all the part of growing up' and how he emphasized on dong ryong's epic question lol. These all confirms the fact that PD always had specific thoughts in his mind concerning what happens when,it's upsetting that I could not catch the exact cue at that very moment lol.

I just finished this series and just want to come in and say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this drama!!! It's so family-oriented that I didn't even care about the love line anymore, except Bora and Sunwoo (my fav OTP). Every single cast member did great. I personally fell in love with Go Kyung Pyo and Park Bo Gum. They are soo...yummy. Lol. Out of the whole cast I'd have to say my favorite character is Sun Woo. I would so marry Sun Woo!!!! He's way too perfect, but hey a woman can dream right? I hope Go Kyung Pyo gets more opportunities to lead in the future. He deserves it!

Anyway, I'm pretty content with the finale. I couldn't have asked for a better ending. It's obvious everyone still kept in contact after so many years. So I'm happy. Just so happy, I don't have anything else to say. LOL....so HAPPY! 

papa beard/choi moo sung now one of cast uncontrolably fond. So cute he keep his hair long :D i hope no one will make pony tail with his hair. 

Source: video credit to owner.

@Ihjj go kyung pyo now considering role as second lead on new drama jealously incarnate with gong hyo jin and jo jung suk. (Still no news about he accept the role or not) But main couple already shooting :D

Famous umbrella scenes

ff1.jpg

Seo Hyun Jin and Eric (Oh Hae Young Again)

Lee Chung Ah and Kang Dong Won (Temptation of Wolves)

ff4.jpg
Ahn Jae Hong and Lee Min Ji (Reply 1988)

Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo (Descendants of the Sun)

L and Ha Ji Won (The Time I've Loved You)

ff7.jpg
Ryu Junyeol and Hyeri (Reply 1988)

Hwang Jung Eum and Ryu Junyeol (Lucky Romance)

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-06-22%2Bat%2B5.27.3

Sports Kyunghwang - Naver: 'Wolf' Kang Dong Won to Oh Hae Young's Eric... best 5 best romantic umbrella scenes 

1. [+3,931, -114] If we're talking about umbrella scenes, Kang Dong Won comes to mind ...♡

2. [+3,250, -116] Nothing ever beats Kang Dong Won's umbrella scene

3. [+3,180, -130] Kang Dong Won's umbrella is legendary, others don't even come close. People cheered out loud in the cinema when that scene came out

4. [+2,746, -105] Kang Dong Won for umbrella scenes, Jo In Sung for running in the rain scenes

5. [+2,191, -90] 'Temptation of the Wolves' came out 12 years ago... If we're talking about umbrella scenes, it's Kang Dong Won of course

6. [+585, -89] "Come home early" (tn: Ryu Junyeol's line in 'Reply1988') is unforgettable ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It gave me butterflies

7. [+522, -82] It's they way Ryu Junyeol said "Come home early" and "think of it as a telephone pole" that makes those scenes sweet ㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+518, -84] "Come home early", the bestㅠㅠ

-

SOURCE

Put RJY, A Girl and An umbrella in the rain....and let the magic happen :wub::D

6 hours ago, hyuki4ever said:

On baeksang award 2016, apparently suntaek was on nomination as best first love in "Baeksang in Baeksang - The Best Love" category alongside with song song couple (best romance) and the other couple *sorry i dont know* (best kiss).

CONGRATULATION!! :wub::wub::wub:

Wow i never heard this award? But im glad deok sun and taek was included with hit drama couple-song song couple on baeksang first love, maybe that the reason ALOT TAEK DS MOMENT ON BAEKSANG background. Thanks for sharing girlsss

20 Times Ryu Jun Yeol Stole Our Hearts All Over Again On “Lucky Romance”

20 Times Ryu Jun Yeol Stole Our Hearts All Over Again On “Lucky Romance”

Ever since “Reply 1988” ended, we have been anticipating Ryu Jun Yeol’s return to K-dramas, and he is finally back!

(Warning: this article contains spoilers for “Reply 1988” and “Lucky Romance.”)

As the character Kim Jung Hwan in “Reply 1988,” he stole all of our hearts as we watched him fall for his childhood friend. However, he had a reserved, almost cold, personality that made his romantic interests more challenging. In the end he traded his love for the bond of friendship, and gave us the worst case of second lead syndrome we have had in a long time!

Intro 1

Despite the fact he didn’t get the girl, Ryu Jun Yeol has stolen our hearts and even the chance that he has another try at finding romance is enough to fill us with excitement! He actually has a major opportunity to woo the girl!

Are we a little too giddy about this?

Maybe, but just the thought is enough to put a silly grin on our faces.

Intro 2

I only post the part Related to Reply 1988 :), The rest can be found here  :
http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/23/20-times-ryu-jun-yeol-stole-hearts-lucky-romance/

6 hours ago, snowangel358 said:

But im glad deok sun and taek was included with hit drama couple-song song couple on baeksang first love, maybe that the reason ALOT TAEK DS MOMENT ON BAEKSANG background. Thanks for sharing girlsss

you are welcome :D. i jumped when i watched this scane hehe.. you are right, the 2 couple in this category, sat next to eact other too :wub:.

Archived