Quantcast
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

Interesting interview. Well, that cleared up what I had thought all along and that is Ryu Jun Yeol was the one who mainly created Jung Hwan and the one that understood the character the most. Thanks Jung Yeol for all you gave to that character. No wonder you unanimously won..not only are you talented, but you know how to bring out the best out of something most likely very plain on paper to start with...giving nuances which brought this character to life more than it was intended. Loving your new work! You show it there as well and I look forward to more.:heart: 

• Like 3

BTW, this is cute. When cast mates show support for other cast mate's work. Though LOL Hyeri sure showed how proud she was of Jun Yeol w/ just the nomination being mentioned and not caring who was around her or even if it brought attention towards her. Though I sure was her that night..clapping just as hard! Sweet. :heart:

• Like 1

Thanks @bisous for sharing snorants's translated Shin Pd article here! ♥♥♥

Its a very good read! I can see that even though the drama has been over for 5 months, we are still lingering here. That shows just how amazing it is and the effect it had... 

Shin PD and Sung Dong Il will be on TAXI 432 next Tuesday 14 June, 840pm kst.

What did he say that set Sung appa on fire? lol 

• Like 6

I love this drama. I LAUGH AND CRIED FROM EPISODE 1 TO EPISODE 20. The feeling of being heartbroken I felt it here (funny coz I don't have a boyfriend but it feels like i have one)  my heart is crushing at every scenes. But the most painful is when Duk Seon didn't end up with Jung Hwan though I love Choi Taek. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kikyo486 said:

I love this drama. I LAUGH AND CRIED FROM EPISODE 1 TO EPISODE 20. The feeling of being heartbroken I felt it here (funny coz I don't have a boyfriend but it feels like i have one)  my heart is crushing at every scenes. But the most painful is when Duk Seon didn't end up with Jung Hwan though I love Choi Taek. 

I've heard that a lot. Fate can be a b*****, but somethings just aren't meant be. 

it was an interesting balancing act where one would grow from achieving his heart's desire and the other would grow from learning to let go. Ultimately they both became better people by giving their hearts.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, hushhh said:

I've heard that a lot. Fate can be a b*****, but somethings just aren't meant be. 

it was an interesting balancing act where one would grow from achieving his heart's desire and the other would grow from learning to let go. Ultimately they both became better people by giving their hearts.

Yes, yes! That's right. But I'm fine now. I outgrew it, I already accepted Taek for Dukseon. Kekeke. Reply 1988 is way better than other Reply series (that's my opinion) it focused on family and less on romance and the outcome was good. All are great actors. I love the casting. Ryu Jun Yeol gives justice to Jung Hwan, his acting was great. I really love this drama. :) xx

• Like 4

M starting again..and it is still so addictive..

I still seem to find sthg new..

I have just started ep 2..

First scene, DK enters JH's house with some bottle to give to cheetan amma from her granny..

The beauty of the scene is..

seconds before JH dad enters his room and although he is not doing anything he shuts the door on me..

DK enters.. and how casually he walks out and sits on the dining table..

- Retrospectively it is so obvious (no i am not overreading into it.. its one of those minutest hints of when a guy likes you and wants to be around you..very b'fylly and intelligently shot)..

Bear with me.. i am just watching it..and typing in simult..

The title of the episode- The one thing you misunderstood about me

-Could be the choclate confusion in itself for all involved 

Could be the thing she misunderstood abt 'love' for the first time or SW :P .. or JH (because this is the first time she mentions of him not really 'pally' with him)

- could be the thing we young ones don't understand abt the elders .. specially parents..that they are people not just parents..

- ofcourse how everyone misunderstands BoRa'

- or how everne thinks taek is a kid n understands norhing to which DS dad says - al elements of life r in baduk.. he understands wrld

Their version of FLAMES.. lamao.. and its 1988.. world is always the same.. HOW>>>>

ok this is super funny... DS is trying to protect CT from liquor n what not.. n he has probably tried all by now..smoker already 

jh's family phot when they were young at ebtrance (54:54)

• Like 2

Darn!!!!>.

I always thought she meant to keep the choclate in CT's bag..

SO, ep 2 is set on 24th Sep 1988 - when she slips the choclate into the bag ( CT wasn't carrying any bag that she is well aware of.., and CT is someone she could have given the choclate directly too.. no hide and seek)

ep 3 is set in Aug 1988 wherein she has developed a crush on SW.. ( and since the heartbreak happens around christmas.. or late.. so that's december)

Which means, choclate was indeed meant for SW.. and first i thought her diary entry that bo ra read was just random erotic writing..however..on second thoughts..the choclate portion was actually true..and she had perceived feelings for SW..

On calculation: ~6 months crush on SW.., sometime in jan 89 on JH.. and by April 89 she was very very sure of CT..

Our poor JH actually managed to be her crush for the least time :( .. some 2 months..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ok this is super funny... DS is trying to protect CT from liquor n what not.. n he has probably tried all by now..smoker already 

Good point

Maybe that's why he is always hiding his vice, he doesn't want to lose status with the purity police (DS)

• Like 2

SHIN PD INTERVIEW ! ABOUT REPLY 1988 AT THE 22ND SHANGHAI TV FESTIVAL

Ckl3dpQVAAIuiTC.jpg

Ckl3fnXVEAIFiOP.jpg

I LOVE HOW SHIN PD CLEAR THE MISUNDERSTANDING HOW HE DELIVER ALL STORY TO VIEWERS. OKAY, HE WAS THE ONE BEHIND REPLY SERIES, LOOKING HOW HARD HE TRIED TO EXPLAINT HIS PROJECT, HE INDEED REALLY WANTED TO STOP PPL FOR MISUNDERSTANDING.

HELLO NEW VIEWERS :)

• Like 11

True..at the end of the day.. this drama was so much more than the love story..infact love story gets such a small amt of screen time..and what tugged chords..was..were all these interactions..all of these..between every character..even between the buildings and the roads and the buses..the music.. :)

Its one fine piece of art..

• Like 1

Longest-Running K-Pop Songs On Music Charts In 2016 So Far

Recently a Korean media outlet examined the MelOn Top 100 to find songs with the most staying power.

Between the first week of January (December 28 – January 3) and the first week of June (May 30 – June 5), 13 songs have taken the No. 1 spot in the MelOn weekly chart. Of these songs, four stayed in the Top 100 for more than 20 weeks.

Reply 1988

The longest-running song is “Little Girl” by Oh Hyuk for the “Reply 1988” OST. It was released in November of 2015, but has stayed in the Top 100 for 23 weeks in 2016 and 29 weeks in total.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/12/longest-running-k-pop-songs-on-music-charts-in-2016-so-far/

• Like 5

miss this drama and Just  want to share this song. One of my favorite songs  " Hyehwadong ( SSangmundong) Reply 1988 OST 

• Like 4

PD SShin

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/14/reply-series-pd-dishes-on-working-with-park-bo-gum-and-girls-days-hyeri/

“Reply” Series PD Dishes On Working With Park Bo Gum And Girl’s Day’s Hyeri

“Reply” Series PD Dishes On Working With Park Bo Gum And Girl’s Day’s Hyeri

On the June 14 broadcast of tvN’s “Taxi,” actor Sung Dong Il and PD Shin Won Ho of the “Reply” series appear as guests.

During the taxi ride, PD Shin Won Ho dishes on working with actors Park Bo Gum and Girl’s Day’s Hyeri.

On Park Bo Gum, he shares, “He’s extremely well-mannered and kind-hearted. He’s so kind-hearted that it would make me laugh.”

“I liked Hyeri after seeing her on ‘Real Men.’ But she had gotten so big,” PD Shin Won Ho says about the “Reply 1988” star. “She is someone who has an outstanding amount of charm. She was also really good at acting.”

Shin Won Ho Park Bo Gum Girl's Day Hyeri

With regards to whether another installment of the “Reply” series is in the works, PD Shin Won Ho says, “I don’t know when another ‘Reply’ series [drama] will come. I might first do another genre.”

Would you like to see another “Reply” series drama?

• Like 5

I don't know if this was shared already but I'm sharing it to you guys... One of the songs I love in the series.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cooleet said:

I don't know if this was shared already but I'm sharing it to you guys... One of the songs I love in the series.

Spoiler

awesome.

• Like 1

Wow thank you @snowangel358 for Shin PD's precious interview.Reading this late,but it sure helps to get a more better hold on the story when the director says 'it was decided from the first that deok sun would end up with taek'.Leaves no more room for dispute heheh. Also this,'deok sun started from liking sun woo to realizing finally that one she likes is taek,this was all the part of growing up' and how he emphasized on dong ryong's epic question lol. These all confirms the fact that PD always had specific thoughts in his mind concerning what happens when,it's upsetting that I could not catch the exact cue at that very moment lol.

• Like 6

I just finished this series and just want to come in and say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this drama!!! It's so family-oriented that I didn't even care about the love line anymore, except Bora and Sunwoo (my fav OTP). Every single cast member did great. I personally fell in love with Go Kyung Pyo and Park Bo Gum. They are soo...yummy. Lol. Out of the whole cast I'd have to say my favorite character is Sun Woo. I would so marry Sun Woo!!!! He's way too perfect, but hey a woman can dream right? I hope Go Kyung Pyo gets more opportunities to lead in the future. He deserves it!

Anyway, I'm pretty content with the finale. I couldn't have asked for a better ending. It's obvious everyone still kept in contact after so many years. So I'm happy. Just so happy, I don't have anything else to say. LOL....so HAPPY! 

• Like 3

papa beard/choi moo sung now one of cast uncontrolably fond. So cute he keep his hair long :D i hope no one will make pony tail with his hair. 

Source: video credit to owner.

@Ihjj go kyung pyo now considering role as second lead on new drama jealously incarnate with gong hyo jin and jo jung suk. (Still no news about he accept the role or not) But main couple already shooting :D

• Like 4

Awe. Second? I wanna see him lead one soon. Sigh... Park Bo Gum got his next leading role, even Ryu Jun Yeol got his leading role. 

• Like 1