Quantcast
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

4 hours ago, Cappadocia said:

Hahahah..Don't worry dear @ryurbae YeolGum also made it !!! :D

They also get badge and color of their choice. Infact all 4 of the Runner Ups get badge and color of their choice. I am really glad that the mods decide it this way, because all the team were working really hard for their entries. It's a token of appreciation to all of the teams that join the competition :). Love it.

I am also a fan of yeolgum entries, their board game is original, simple and looking at the game instruction, I think will be so much fun to play :D.

here it is :

:D:D:D

Daebak!!!! Wow you ladies go all out...I'm sure he's going to appreciate it! He loves those kind of gestures! :wub:

Is this thread still exist? Wow daebak. Lol

Hello @hushhh-nim. Kinda surprised seeing you writing with our cyan color, thank you for your kind words (in here too, really, Reply 1988 thread... which actually has nothing to do with our ship since our ship blossomed in the Youth over Flower, btw. Uhm, why didn't you call other ships here too? :mellow: You are too kind to us. Are we deserving this much love from our hushhh-nimie? What did I do in my previous life? Omg, Thank you so much.).

Well, actually I am surprise too with soompi decision for giving us the prize. We actually just had some fun in the contest like they actually intended us too. but they thought we deserved the prize. My bad, I should have asked your opinion first before deciding everything. I didn't know that we should reject the offer.

And no no no, our small fandom doesn't have anything to do with McBeth. I watch too much kpop (that's how you see me in kpop-filled website like soompi :D), so I have no idea about anything that our kind-nim said. We just google translate everything and found  out that almighty sounds alrighty so we use it. I hope you don't mind, because I dont know how to contact the mod again to change it to what you desire, you know, I have no mod friends here.

And, omo, our great nim-ie actually really funny.... "The badges are like wearing your love for RJY on your sleeves." LOL-ing hard. Ah, our great leader nim. Kkaep! Our badges is nothing like that. It was more on us being... Ah I should stop. I should not bore our great-nimie with my plain story. I am terribly sorry. I know how much you love to dissect a story and i give one with nothing to dissect. Forgive me.

Well, anyway thank you for mentioning us,

Happy Shipping.

PS: thank you too to @Cappadocia and @tenilove97 who shared my post here. Omo, there is hushhh-nim here, you know! I am always shy around her. You guys made me blush. I hope hushh-nimie find my post okay. Hihihi. Good day to you!!

• Like 7

On 4/28/2016 at 1:56 PM, hushhh said:

YEAH

T H E  W I N N E R S 

F A N  V O T E 

Park Bo Gum & Lee Hye Ri (SunTaek Couple)

Kim Jung Hwan & Sung Deok Sun (Gaeddeok Couple)

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

IN SECOND PLACE: GAEDDEOK --THE SERIES WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN, BUT .  .  .

I'm so glad the Gaeddeok fandom was able to find solace by imagining what might have been.  Their clever use of material outside the Answer Me universe made for some interesting entries.:relaxed: Good work guys for your honest efforts to show the world your hearts. :kiss_wink:

Good job to all the creative workers, long may you be what you are; may the love of drama continue to unite us.  :heart: 

Forgive me for cutting up the post, just wanted to respond to what has to do w/ my ship! Wow I must say...this truly almost brought tears to my eyes! :sniff: Talk about your glowing example of "baduk etiquette". A great representation for your team!!!! I agree the forever drama ship SunTaek and Gaeddeok as one!  Who would have thought! BRAVA!!!  :heart::glasses:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lala14 said:

Is this thread still exist? Wow daebak. Lol

Hello @hushhh-nim. Kinda surprise seeing you writing with our cyan color, thank you for your kind words (in here too: Reply 1988 thread... which actually has nothing to do with our ship which was blossomed in the Youth over Flower, btw. Uhm, why didn't you call other ships here too? :mellow: You are too kind to us).

Well, actually I am surprise too with soompi decision for giving us the prize. We actually just had some fun in the contest like they actually intended us too. but they thought we deserved the prize. My bad, I should have asked your opinion first before deciding everything. I didn't know that we should reject the offer.

And no no no, our small fandom doesn't have anything to do with McBeth. I watch too much kpop (that's why you can see me in kpop-filled website like soompi :D), so I have no idea about anything that our kind-nim said. We just google translate everything and found  out that almighty sounds alrighty so we use it. I hope you don't mind, because I dont know how to contact the mod again to change it to what you desire, I thought you were the one friends with them.

And, omo, our great nim-ie actually really funny.... "The badges are like wearing your love for RJY on your sleeves." LOL-ing hard. Ah, our great leader nim. Kkep! Our badges is nothing like that. It was more on us being... Ah I should stop.Please stop only when YOU are content. I should not bore our great-nimie with my plain story. I rarely find stories boring, when I do the flaw is more likely in the delivery. I am terribly sorry. I know how much you love to dissect a story and i give one with nothing to dissect. So sorry.

Well, anyway thank you for mentioning us,

Happy Shipping.

PS: thank you too to @Cappadocia and @tenilove97 who shared my post here. Omo, there is hushhh-nim here, you know! I am always shy around her. You guys made me blush. I hope hushh-nimie find my post okay. Hihihi. Good day to you!!

Hello @lala14,  of the Almighty 7

I've subtitled my responses to your points so they are easy to follow in hopes of forestalling confusion.

On salutation: Please, forget the "nim" and just call me Hushhh; since I'm not Korean it feels inauthentic. Also, I don't know you well enough to have a "nim" relationship with you, especially since I'm not sure what that would signify outside of a Korean drama.;)

So sorry for misidentifying your color.  On my monitor it looks aqua/turquoise but since you say so, Cyan it is.  Hard to read, but lovely.  :)

On color ownership: I actually don't subscribe to the idea of color ownership, especially in the comment section. As a supporter of creativity and opposer of oppression [lol:rolleyes:] I am against color ownership by a select few [if you consider the awful consequences of sartorial law--the injustice and horror me not being able to wear red, blue, etc, I'm sure you would understand why:angry:] except where it might lead to confusion. [ So as long as our rods and cones allow us to  perceive them I think people should go ahead and use the colors that serve them best. Which why I wore red, blue, green wherever I wanted to in LA. Foolhardy perhaps, but liberating. ;) But as I said above Cyan is hard to read so I won't be using it frequently.:(

If you were to read my second post on the contest carefully, I did not mention the Almighty 7 in relationship to Answer Me 1988 once fandom's name made clear it wasn't so much about the members of the ship as it was about the fandom shipping that ship.  I did identify that ship with the Answer Me 1988 series in my earlier post and if I cared enough I could provide evidence [crap!:crazy: that might be too close of analysis for comfort.  So many people seem to lack the patience for the dreaded "a" thing] to support doing so.  Because unless the evidence has been scrubbed clean from this particular forum, I distinctily remember that the "coupling" of Taek&JH began in this forum seemingly in response to a post saying that JH had chosen his love of Taek over his crush on DS.  This was before YOF-Africa aired. That ship might well have evolved to leave the Answer Me 1988 universe behind (as so many things have when it proved unsatifsying to some viewers) because there was not enough enough ambiguous material to support it, but it began here.  As  in Farenheiht 451 the powers that be might burn the books and remove the evidence, but human memory and capacity for storytelling keeps history alive.:D

On my imagined kindness: No, I am not too kind to your ship.  I am appropriately kind.  

On requesting my opionion: Please, you are very mistaken.  I would not have liked for you to consult me on decisions pertaining to anything that does not involve me.  Thanks for not doing it in the past, and please don't even consider doing it in the future.  Only consult me when it pertains to me. Continuing your previous practice will allow us both to avoid wasting time. And as I clearly stated I think the participation badges is nice touch.  My only qualm is that all participants including the ones eliminated in the earlier round weren't given the same recognition. 

On the Scottish play: McBeth [alas misspelt--for safety] was a Shakespeare reference to the "Scottish" play's "Weird Sister" as a clue to the usage of the term weird.

On google translate:  Well it's not babble fish (See Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy great book, quick read), but it is better than nothing. Dictionaries are also helpful for providing context as well and definition.

On moderators: I imagine you contact them the same way to contact anyone else on Soompi. You do a hotlink to their name in the forum or Private Message them.  YOu are missinformed.  I am not "friends" with the "moderators on Soompi".  When I needed help I found them to be unforthcoming, unhelpful, unsupportative, and uninformative. 

On being funny: I am well know for being funny. My humor is dry, deadpan, often words based and uproarious. It sometimes take a great deal of insight to get the joke, but when people actually understand what is going on they find it funny. I'm also recognized for finding humor easily and responding with gusto.  I have a huge laugh.  People look forward to my being in live audiences because they know then at least one person will not only get the joke but will laugh in response. 

For instance your post was filled with such deadpan humor I laugh myself silly into a coughing fit.  It took 15 whole minutes before I could pull it together to respond. 

On your plain story:  Please don't apologize for the plainnest of your story.  Even when the teller is simple, no story is so plain that is won't prove satifisying when properly analyzed. 

As I said previously, "nim" is outside of my cultural identify and using it in reference to me runs the risk of being disrespectful of its culture of origin/ especially were you to use it sarcastically, which I'm confident you aren't. Because most people know that when insulting people you should insult them within their cultural origins [Emily Post].  

I have earned several titles of respect within my culture that would be understood in any context. So if you do want to address me with respect in a culturally appropriate way my most recent title is  "Patient and Benevolent" P&B for short.

Sincerely,

Hushhh, P&B

Adendum:: Please never mistake me for someone willing to lead you. Leadership is a great responsibility and one of the first criteria of a good leader is the willing to vet thoroughly and to careful who you choose for your team. While I have no interest in leading in this particular space, if I did, I am sure we can agree that we would not be on the same team. :rolleyes:

And really, there is no reason to be shy, unless you address me directly I am unlikely to notice your post. It is after all the analysis, not the fan gush that catches my interest. ^_^

Despite that, all the best to you and yours

ta ta

1 hour ago, tenilove97 said:

Forgive me for cutting up the post, just wanted to respond to what has to do w/ my ship! Wow I must say...this truly almost brought tears to my eyes! :sniff: Talk about your glowing example of "baduk etiquette". A great representation for your team!!!! I agree the forever drama ship SunTaek and Gaeddeok as one!  Who would have thought! BRAVA!!!  :heart::glasses:

There you go.

I specifically looked for the blue box.

Dab away. 

Box-of-tissues-011.jpg

I can't accept the attribution of "baduk etiquette" since I don't play nor understand the game.

Also, as ALWAYS, I do not represent anyone but myself and my ideas in the forum. 

So PLEASE, do not attribute anything i might do, good or ill, to anyone except myself---unless stated otherwise. 

I'm not however sure that I would agree with your that SunTaek and Gaedddeok are one.

Because as I understand it, especially from reading Gaeddeok fanfic entry (Cute story. Didn't necessary extend what I knew from the characters or drama, but cute), Gaeddeok exist outside of the Answer Me 1988 universe (which had Taek and DS happily married or in a relationship for more than 20 years) . 

Also as your FanVid implies there is another universe  where the Hyundai Tuson reigns supreme and JH (or RJY) finally acts on his interest in DS.  I thought that was what was meant by the title Slliding Doors.

The blue is pretty.  I'm not quite sure what it represents, but it is pretty.

All the best!

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

There you go.

I specifically looked for the blue box.

Dab away. 

I can't accept the attribution of "baduk etiquette" since I don't play nor understand the game.

Also, as ALWAYS, I do not represent anyone but myself and my ideas in the forum. 

So PLEASE, do not attribute anything i might do, good or ill, to anyone except myself---unless stated otherwise. 

I'm not however sure that I would agree with your that SunTaek and Gaedddeok are one.

Because as I understand it, especially from reading Gaeddeok fanfic entry (Cute story. Didn't necessary extend what I knew from the characters or drama, but cute), Gaeddeok exist outside of the Answer Me 1988 universe (which had Taek and DS happily married or in a relationship for more than 20 years) . 

Also as your FanVid implies there is another universe  where the Hyundai Tuson reigns supreme and JH (or RJY) finally acts on his interest in DS.  I thought that was what was meant by the title Slliding Doors.

The blue is pretty.  I'm not quite sure what it represents, but it is pretty.

All the best!

You are too considerate and look at that...humble!  I for one as long as I'm happy...all good! Whether fictional, fantasy, and/or reality...I try to enjoy it! Misery has no place...happiness is key! Otherwise, what's the point? All the best as well.;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tenilove97 said:

You are too considerate and look at that...humble!  I for one as long as I'm happy...all good! Whether fictional, fantasy, and/or reality...I try to enjoy it! Misery has no place...happiness is key! Otherwise, what's the point? All the best as well.;)

NO!

Never too anything. 

Always approrpiately modulated.

Therefore appropriatley considerate.

Enjoy your joy!

Hi guys, I just want to share my fanfic. It's a Suntaek fanfic but in the point of views of SunWoo and DongRyung. You can say, this is how I see Sunwoo and DongRyung and how they observed the Suntaek couple.

Hope you guys will like it.

Dong Ryung's: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1120157/1/her-choice-suntaek

Sun Woo's: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1098143/1/dating-someone-not-her-reply1988-sungdeokseon-suntaek-choitaek

• Like 4

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sokpft  (http://linkis.com/live.joins.com/hGf1O)

52th Baeksang Awards Nominations (complete list) / Ceremony on 3rd June 2016. 
========================================================================

DRAMAS: 

Best Drama: 

She Was Pretty (MBC)
Signal (tvN) 
Six Flying Dragons (SBS)
Reply 1988 (tvN)
Descendants of the Sun (KBS)

Best Director: 

Kim Won Suk (Signal, tvN) 
Shin Kyung Soo (Six Flying Dragons, SBS)
Shin Won Ho (Reply 1988, tvN) 
Lee Eung Bok (Descendants of the sun, KBS) 
Jung Dae Yoon (She Was Pretty, MBC)

Best Actress: 

Kim Hye Soo (Signal, tvN)
Song Hye Kyo (Descendants of the Sun, KBS)
Ra Mi Ran (Reply 1988, tvN)
Kim Hyun Joo (I Have a Lover, SBS)
Hwang Jung Eum (She Was Pretty, MBC)

Best New Actor: 

Ryu Jun Yeol (Reply 1988, tvN)
Byun Yo Han (Six Flying Dragons, SBS)
Lee Dong Hwi (Reply 1988, tvN)
Ahn Jae Hong (Reply 1988, tvN)

Sungjae (The Village, SBS)

Best New Actress: 

Kim Go Eun (Cheese In The Trap, tvN)
Hyeri (Reply 1988, tvN) 
Park So Dam (Because it's the first time, Onstyle)
Lee Sung Kyung (Cheese in the trap, tvN)
Ryu Hye Young (Reply 1988, tvN)

Spoiler

Paeksang Arts Awards, also known as Baeksang Arts Awards, is an awards ceremony held annually by IS PLUS Corp., publisher of Ilgan Sports, since 1965. It is to honour outstanding achievements in the South Korean entertainment industry and to garner public attention upon the best in Korean films, television, and theater. It was established by Chang Key-young, founder of the Hankook Ilbo newspaper,[1] whose pen name was "Baeksang." The ceremony is usually presented in April or May in Seoul.[2] Baeksang Arts Awards have been called the "South Korean Golden Globe Award".[3]

Congratulations on the Nominations Reply 1988 Team and Best of Luck to all of the nominee :).

• Like 10

Hi all, just drop by to say how i miss reply 88. Hope they can win in best drama bcos they deserve it, and hope all actor n actress can attend the award night, i really miss them together. :wub:

• Like 1

Congratulation to the actors members of Reply 1988, individually as as a group, for their 52th Baeksang Awards Nominations!!

Nice showing all. 

52nd Baeksang Arts Awards unveils nominees

fdsk.jpg

tv Report - Naver: 'Baeksang Arts Awards' to take place on June 3rd, 'Descendants of the Sun' vs 'Reply 1988' vs. 'Six Flying Dragons' close match 

1. [+2,573, -162] Why exclude 'Signal'?

2. [+2,120, -115] 'Signal' and 'Six Flying Dragons' are the best in terms of acting, script and directing!!!! While 'Descendants of the Sun' and 'Reply 1988' have the best popularity!!!

3. [+1,534, -120] Wth, why did they leave out 'Signal'?

4. [+1,322, -139] What don't you know? ㅋㅋㅋColdly speaking, give awards based on quality not popularity..

5. [+288, -21] Should win award through acting skills

6. [+306, -41] Yoo Ah In's acting in SFD is incredible... DotS was a hit thanks to Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo. Signal however is really well made

7. [+296, -43] Except Signal and SFD, DotS was a huge hit because of the leads. It's a reach to call it a quality work. Plus the PPL left a bad taste in my mouth.

Source :

Spoiler

Excited for the Red Carpet, hopefully we'll see Reply 1988 Cast and Production Team Reunion  :w00t::D

• Like 4

Annyeong~~

It's been so long since the last time I posted here in MT. The Beaksang Awards is one of the prestigious award giving bodies in Korean entertainment, so seeing our beloved R88 gang being nominated for certain categories makes me feel proud. Goodluck to all of them. Fighting!!!

By the way, I almost forgot. I wanna congratulate all R88 shippers for winning in Soompi's Shippers Paradise contest, especially to my ship...kkkk...I'm so loving the blue badge (blue is my fave color) in my profile ❤️❤️❤️.

Let's stop the hate. The drama has ended months ago and the actors already moved on from their characters ,and I believe all of us are excited to see them in their next projects. Let us share love, as what RJY always says "Share to love". Love love love 

• Like 6

Reply 1988 won Top Excellence at 2016 방송통신위원회 방송대상 (Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards)

Congratulations to the director, scriptwriter and the cast!

https://twitter.com/snorants

My Congratulations to Reply 1988 Team for Winning this award :heart:

And of course to Cheetah Omma !!!  Ra Miran for Winning Popular Star,  Ryu Jun Yeol and Ryu Hye Young, both for Rising Star Awards of Cable TV Award 2016. All for their Role in Reply 1988 :grin:.

BRAVO !!!

Source 1, Source 2

• Like 5

Bad news !!! No eul reply1988 aka Choi Sungwon diagnosed with acute leukemia

htm_2016050992450288021_99_2016050909315

Naver: Ilgan Sports] Actor Choi Sungwon diagnosed with acute leukemia.. leaving 'Mirror of the Witch'

source: Via @rachelyun

respond knetz about his bad news
  • Like 4

First of all, I wish Choi Sung Won well! He's such a hard working actor. I'm sure he will also be able to fight it!

Found this cute fan-art on Instagram! hehehe

The fan art gives of a more modern feel to it, doesn't really feel like it was supposed to be in 1988. I mean, if this was in 2015, it's so cute! Nowadays, there aren't many neighborhood friendship gang like this right? 

The original scene from the drama looks a lot "older" than the fan-art

Reply.1988.E01.151106.HDTV.H264.540p-FMS

• Like 2

Guest adikkeluangman

genie와 함께하는 JYP 공채 12기 오디션 파이널 라운드 - 연기 팀

genie x JYP Final Round Audition actor team. These hopeful youngsters used scenes from this drama as their final audition evaluation in front of audiences.