Guest ororomunroe

@badsmuler dear. Always appreciate your recommendations. A Man Called God has been on my List. I added My Precious Child, even though long family drama are not my thing (as you know)  There must be something very compelling for me to watch them, and I still think that our "Firstborn" was one of the best for me, not only the actors, but I loved how we saw the changing times in Korea. I don't often see that in Kdrama.  People get older maybe but we don't see attention to detail as we had in The Firstborn, with changing fashion, buildings.. etc. They really gave us a sense of each era - and that was so valuable, aside from the cast and story, and the beautiful Korean countryside in the beginning. Just story of a family for long drama usually is not for me, but I do have to admit that I am hooked on "House of Bluebird," Talk about tight writing - how in each episode the writer leaves us wanting for more. Very strong story telling.

@irilight dear...Since MPC is a long family drama, i suggest you to watch only Yoo in young and Ji hyun woo story lines...you will be curious with the ending of their love story, actually i love them more than its OTP... :wub:

I also watch HOB with my family but its not make me hooked... :P

TFB is great drama but for me Family Honor is still the best family drama... :wub:

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone ask me which drama do you prefer, Secret or Mask?

Secret and Mask are great dramas and i love both of them. But if i choose a drama that i prefer, i think Mask is my answer.>

Why? I love all main characters, this drama is so exciting, it is not only melodrama, it has lots of comedy, romantic and action hightlight, more and more...

And I hope i can see them at SBS drama award and win a lot.

No offense to Secret fans, but I prefer Mask...

Honestly when I watch Secret, I dislike the plot and their characters esp the villains... So I just skip-watch it through the end cause I love Ji Sung.. So I may miss something from the drama. While Mask, I just got hooked to their story and characters. I almost gave up on ep 2, but I tried continue watching Mask and here I am now.. falling in love with the show.

For SBS Drama Awards, I'm sure SBS will give Mask many awards or else I'll send nuke to SBS. :angry:

First of all ratings and popularity do matter in drama awards.. This year, Mask is the highest rated show for SBS on Wed-Thu, while on Mon-Tue they have Heard It Through Grapevine. Both have strong leads, great acting, and good story though they're in different genre. Forget the weekend dramas, because SBS weekend timeslot is cursed (unlike KBS n MBC that with 20%+ ratings for weekend). Unless SBS have higher rated shows in the second half of 2015, say Six Flying Dragons or Yongpal, Mask definitely would get something.. Most probably Soo Ae will get Excellence/Top Excellence Award. B)

Hello chinggus...

This is just my opinion...I'm Soo ae fans and not Hwang jeung eum fans but i might say that HJE acting in Secret is better than my Soo ae here...for me SA best performance till date is in A Thousand Day Promise... :wub:

If i'm not mistaken, SBS highest rating drama till second half of 2015 is Punch ( Mon-Tue ) and two leading men there be it Kim rae won or Jo jae hyun have outstanding performances...no wonder these two were got Best Actor Nominees in Baeksang Awards 2015... :wub:

omo I can't believe it ended! I really loved everything aboy this drama cast,story,osts,couples(their chemistry is awesome one of the best OTPs ever:wub:) &....:3:

the ending was a lovely happy ending:):wub: actually I didn't want JS to go to jail but because after 4 year they're cute daughter looks about 3 years old I guess JS was in jail for less than a year maybe 6 month..so It is ok^_^:) the picnic was soooo cute & their daughter was soooo cute & her name was sooo nice too Min sook mixture of our cute lovely couple ji sook & min woo:wub::eyy: Awwww they are a really cute & lovely family:eyy::3: +I felt pity for MY...:(

@yuar19ingrid   I love your sentence"MinSook couple beget a MinSook daughter hihihihi" :D:3:& @JJHwru I love your sentence too"The shaving scene where their eyes didn't leave each other's face":3::wub:

@kyunii88 @kanyaprasetyo your Comic strips were awesome thanks a lot:D:)

I'll really miss this drama....:(:3:I hope SA & JJH will make another drama together & JJH breaK up with his gf,GI & date with SA:wub:^_^

thanks all of chingus watching this drama with you here was awesome love you all:u: & See you all on thread Take Off 2!! :D;)  btw I'll keep coming to this thread everyday....^_^

same thought with you....this drama is excellent...just little bit flat in ending episode for Minsuk couple...i just wish the romance between them could be explore after Ji Sook out of jail...

And it's hard for me to realize that this drama is over....

@badsmuler I consult koreandrama.org and Mask is the highest-rated show for SBS for Wed-Thu.

According to AGB ratings, on average Punch ratings is 10.5%, while Mask ratings is 10.7%, a mere 0,2 difference. But Punch has the highest rating in one episode, their last episode brings 14.8%, while Mask's final episode is only 13.6%.

Source: http://www.koreandrama.org/punch-2014/

http://www.koreandrama.org/mask/

Jo Jae Hyun and Kim Rae Won deservedly win some awards too at SBS drama awards later, but on female lead category, I think Soo Ae will win.

Hmm, will ATDP fans/shippers cheer for Kim Rae Won and Soo Ae wins at SBS DA? Maybe they'll share same stage if they win same category :phew:

I dont know why but i swooned with the words containing "appa" said from MW when he talked to his little daughter. Its so warm, loving and tender. I guessed this is first time JJH played a daddy huh? He is good at it really. Aigoo i wish to see SA and JJH again in a family drama as spouse again. They looked perfectly as husband and wife. Really missing them.

For SBS award, even SA or JJH/YJH is not winning the Top / best excellent actor/ actress, i think at least MinSuk should win the Best couple. Watched some stuffs abt Yongpal and i believed the chemistry there cannot beat Mask no matter how or whether the plot/story can be better. -_- 

@badsmuler I consult koreandrama.org and Mask is the highest-rated show for SBS for Wed-Thu.

According to AGB ratings, on average Punch ratings is 10.5%, while Mask ratings is 10.7%, a mere 0,2 difference. But Punch has the highest rating in one episode, their last episode brings 14.8%, while Mask's final episode is only 13.6%.

Source: http://www.koreandrama.org/punch-2014/

http://www.koreandrama.org/mask/

Jo Jae Hyun and Kim Rae Won deservedly win some awards too at SBS drama awards later, but on female lead category, I think Soo Ae will win.

Hmm, will ATDP fans/shippers cheer for Kim Rae Won and Soo Ae wins at SBS DA? Maybe they'll share same stage if they win same category :phew:

I'm with @badsmuler about SooAe's acting in ATDP and here. But if this year no other female lead has acted better, then I will jump with joy if both Rae Won and Soo Ae get the award and be on the same stage. I've been silently ship  them in real life. :P

Never thought i felt sad for MY, she changed at the last not wanting her husband continue to do bad, but still i can't stand her before for her blind love to her evil husband  :crazy: , really destructive relationship, i cry for her though when she asked her husband whether he loved her and when he answered he didn't love her only used her :tears: 

Anyoong @kanyaprasetyo and @TRAN...

Be prepared...the strong contendor for Soo ae is not Kim tae hee or Ha ji won but senior actress Kim hee ae especially if her new Mon-Tue drama " Mrs Cop " gets great ratings... :sweatingbullets:

As for SBS Daesang this year i vote for Jo jae hyun sunbaenim...he even got Daesang from Gwangju International Film Festival for Drama Category recently... :wub:

My dream is urri Soo ae will be at the same stage with all her previous co-stars Joo ji hoon, Kim rae won and Jo hyun jae... :wub:

Its very interesting that SA fans have their own shippers...even though i like her with JJH in Mask but they still can't replace SA and JHJ Couple from their drama " Love Letter " in my heart... :wub:

What a coincidence that JHJ will act in Yongpal right after Mask...still cross my fingers that these two can reunite again soon... :P

Back then in 2003, SA and JHJ were just newbies in the industry but both showed the promising acting skills in their 1st leading role drama that even they're nominated for Best Couple at MBC Drama Awards 2003...if these two can act together again, with their experiences now, i believe their chemistry will burn my screen...LOL

http://i.imgur.com/JdRD0zD.jpg

wow you're right they look good. btw, where did you get that soo ae picture? she look pretty. that is queen costumes right? so she acts as a queen? got to check this out.

actually i dislike historical drama when main story involving royalty life coz you know there many mess up people there. the greedy minister that always "your highness i should dieee!" or "this is all my fault i should dieee" , the queen that always fighting with the concubine to get king affection while smirking or glaring or saying sarcastic words to each other and the royal family that always fighting for power and women.

if it saguek, i prefer that the one that the main characters were not having any royalty status like:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b7/11/f8/b711f8d694d655083a35180fc1be1268.jpg

faith/ the great doctor

https://myasianmovie.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/39391514.jpg

queen in hyun's man

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm96/javabeans122/drama/2009/tamra/tamra39.jpg

tamra the island

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkTAxNo5HiTvGqa32x8x7dol1zuaV9uo3rn0OJaQwuSg9lFesN

sungkyunkwan scandal

the only one that the main characters were royalty that i like was three musketeers.

musketeers12-00591.jpg

btw although joo ji hoon looks gorgeous in the king's robe, when watching saguek drama, i like this hairstyles more:

https://missfarahsawa.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/jjwalkdrjin1.jpg?w=605

As for SBS Daesang this year i vote for Jo jae hyun sunbaenim...he even got Daesang from Gwangju International Film Festival for Drama Category recently... :wub:

My dream is urri Soo ae will be at the same stage with all her previous co-stars Joo ji hoon, Kim rae won and Jo hyun jae... :wub:

Its very interesting that SA fans have their own shippers...even though i like her with JJH in Mask but they still can't replace SA and JHJ Couple from their drama " Love Letter " in my heart... :wub:

What a coincidence that JHJ will act in Yongpal right after Mask...still cross my fingers that these two can reunite again soon... :P

Back then in 2003, SA and JHJ were just newbies in the industry but both showed the promising acting skills in their 1st leading role drama that even they're nominated for Best Couple at MBC Drama Awards 2003...if these two can act together again, with their experiences now, i believe their chemistry will burn my screen...LOL

@badsmuler  oh, Wouldn't that be awesome! I would love to see that happen.! Having SA on that stage with JJH, JHJ, SA,and KRW in love leaf

BTW, not only would JHJ act in Yong Pal, but also it is his first antagonist role. 

Maybe I'll watch Love Letter again, one of these days; Maybe after Yong Pal, when I want to see JHJ in a romantic role again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drama Review – Mask (SBS, 2015)

Show certainly had been a crazy 20 hours long ride, entertaining on the whole, as long as we throw the logic out of the window. I think our four main characters had been interesting in the own rights, especially Choi Mi Yeon (Yoo In Young) and Min Seok Hoon (Yeom Jung Hoon).

[TSKS][Mask][E19(720P)][KO_CN][(086927)15-29-12]

Read more HERE

Drama Review: Mask (2015)

Mask-Poster2.jpg

Korean Title: 가면
English Title: Mask
Rating: 8.5/10
Main Cast:
Soo Ae as Byun Ji Sook/Seo Eun Ha
Joo Ji Hoon as Choi Min Woo
Yun Jung Hoon as Min Suk Hoon
Yoo In Young as Choi Mi Yeon

The Plot:
A woman from poor background is brought to replace her dead lookalike, marry 2nd generation chaebol and enter his life. Despite being in constant fear of being caught and threatened by the villains, she is able to find love and heal the man she is married with.

Review:
“A drama where illogical, improbable and ridiculous things thrown out and patched to create a story, but somehow that does work on some extent, especially the romance.” 

Mask13-00077a.jpg

read more: http://dramawind.blogspot.com/2015/08/drama-review-mask-2015.html

@badsmuler Good idea! Then SBS DA will be the stage for Soo Ae and her co-stars... LOL

I haven't watched Love Letter but I love Jo Hyun Jae since 49 Days and his Yongpal character probably like Min Suk Hoon here.. hahaha... It's also his first time being villain..

@enzek Soo Ae played Empress Myungsung (the last empress of Korea) in Sword With No Name.. I got the pic from the movie..

Well, for me, whatever the sageuk genre, whether the ones focusing on royals or the ones on commoners, I would love it if it has good story. So far my favorite sageuk dramas are Painter Of The Wind (as the title suggests, about royal painter), Empress Ki (this one is heavy on politics and romance), QSD, Arang and The Magistrate (fantasy genre with no royals around) and oldies like Dae Jang Geum.

I'd love to see SA and JJH in sageuk drama/movie as long as they're fated lovers.. even as commoners, say, JJH playing a warrior/swordsman n SA playing a merchant is okay... hehehe

Yeon Jung Hoon Shares His Wife Han Ga In’s Reaction to His Evil Role on “Mask”

1026-han-ga-in-yeon-jung-hoon-732x450.jpActor Yeon Jung Hoon has been playing a total villain on the SBSmelodrama “Mask,” which aired its final episode on July 30. On August 1, he sat down for an interview at the headquarters of his agency 935 Entertainment to talk about the show’s ending and his character.

Yeon Jung Hoon says, “My wife said to me, ‘At first it seemed like he was a nice guy pretending to be bad, but then after the tenth episode he was really a wicked guy.” His wife is of course none other than actress Han Ga In!

He comments, “When I was acting, I think I really got into the character of Seok Hoon.” He adds, “I didn’t want any feelings of pity, I just wanted to show complete and total evil.”

Are you sad to see the end of “Mask”?

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/01/yeon-jung-hoon-shares-his-wife-han-ga-ins-reaction-to-his-evil-role-on-mask/

The first reason i'm watching Mask is i want to see him again after undeveloping news his comeback for Vampire Prosecutor 3, i hope he would choose another great roles both protagonist or villain, it doesnt matter. It such a good experience to see his performance in Mask as a wicked character, i hope VP3 would be following right after:rolleyes:

Okay where should i put my tent for wed-thurs drama now?hahhahhaha:D

@badsmuler Good idea! Then SBS DA will be the stage for Soo Ae and her co-stars... LOL

I haven't watched Love Letter but I love Jo Hyun Jae since 49 Days and his Yongpal character probably like Min Suk Hoon here.. hahaha... It's also his first time being villain..

@enzek Soo Ae played Empress Myungsung (the last empress of Korea) in Sword With No Name.. I got the pic from the movie..

Well, for me, whatever the sageuk genre, whether the ones focusing on royals or the ones on commoners, I would love it if it has good story. So far my favorite sageuk dramas are Painter Of The Wind (as the title suggests, about royal painter), Empress Ki (this one is heavy on politics and romance), QSD, Arang and The Magistrate (fantasy genre with no royals around) and oldies like Dae Jang Geum.

I'd love to see SA and JJH in sageuk drama/movie as long as they're fated lovers.. even as commoners, say, JJH playing a warrior/swordsman n SA playing a merchant is okay... hehehe

@kanyaprasetyo, I loved that movie, as a piece of history, and Soo Ae's performance. I remember after watching it, looking for more historical facts about Empress Myungsung. I almost wished it were a drama, so that we can learn more about her.

@badsmuler, I think BTW - one of the aspects that helped so much raise Soo Ae's performance in ATDP, was the excellent script; It was sheet poetry, and went so well with Soo Ae's narration.

SBS 'go' Yeon Jung-hoon

I dont know why but i swooned with the words containing "appa" said from MW when he talked to his little daughter. Its so warm, loving and tender. I guessed this is first time JJH played a daddy huh? He is good at it really. Aigoo i wish to see SA and JJH again in a family drama as spouse again. They looked perfectly as husband and wife. Really missing them.

For SBS award, even SA or JJH/YJH is not winning the Top / best excellent actor/ actress, i think at least MinSuk should win the Best couple. Watched some stuffs abt Yongpal and i believed the chemistry there cannot beat Mask no matter how or whether the plot/story can be better. -_- 

I love the scene of MinWoo & JiSook family picnic too. I can sense there is alot of adlib in that scene based on how natural their conversation are with the little girl. I don't think that little girl was taught any script. I think JJh & SA just act their best n make that scene as natural as possible. That's why you can feel like they are like real family. JJH oppa definitely will be a good appa one day. The way he interact and the way he hold that girl seems so natural. 

I love the scene of MinWoo & JiSook family picnic too. I can sense there is alot of adlib in that scene based on how natural their conversation are with the little girl. I don't think that little girl was taught any script. I think JJh & SA just act their best n make that scene as natural as possible. That's why you can feel like they are like real family. JJH oppa definitely will be a good appa one day. The way he interact and the way he hold that girl seems so natural. 

Yeah, this scene helped a little to save the finale to me :rolleyes: that little girl has no script? really? :lol: i also think no script for the butterfly too but for others she has been taught to answer MW with that cute voice. Anyway I felt that MW will be a "losing" papa because he is bullied by his wife and his daughter, Minsook is on her mom's side haha.

Btw I have read from one article which interviewed Yeon Jung Hoon, its in Korean, not sure exactly but it seemed that the original script has been changed, and the actor is shocked with it. The old plot called a sad ending for MW and JS, they did have to separate even SH has crushed on JS seem, but somehow the writer changed it to have happy ending for MW and JS, thats why the plot of final eps was awkward...

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2015080115572928870&type=1&outlink=1

If I understood correctly what that article said, then the happy ending we had is result for our warning to writer-nim, that if not a HE we will come to see him and bomb him? :lol: ok the plot is down but HE is fine, I will not complain anymore. 

@kanyaprasetyo and @irilight...

I hope both of you will watch Love Letter so we can have some lovely discussions in SA thread... :wub:

SA will always be Queen of Melodrama to me...thats why her acting in ATDP, Love Letter, Sunny, Midnight FM and Once in Summer are all brilliant and unforgetable... :wub:

I just hope 4 leads in Mask will attend SBS DA this year to pay SA absent in 2012-2013 and my dream comes true... :P

Archived