[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

2 hours ago, viyra said:

There is no show anywhere in the world that don't have ads or commercials.  Are you watching it on live broadcast (streaming) or through different channels on YT?  Dramas or any show on tv make money through advertisements.

1 hour ago, Tinkiebell said:

@mulder9999 I think they make the large bucks from syndication and licensing. Besides that, around 10 minutes before the air time is solely dedicated to advertisements. All the product placements in the drama is also considered advertisements. 

EDIT: But then again, KBS is a public TV station, it's also funded by the South Korean government. 

@gilaswan, so instead of writing focusing on your thesis, you ended up scribbling about MY sharing SJ's bunk, eh? :lol: Heck, who am I to complain, so please keep them coming, lol

Thanks for that Tinkiebell,

even though I can't understand Korean, can't wait for the engsub to be out,  so watching it live from Korea KBS2 via satellite feed.

since I rewatch  each episode with engsub anyway

my DOTS fever running high and won't come down til April 22 when last special is broadcast. :)

even though I can't understand Korean, I can't wait for the engsub to come , so watching live on KBS2 now...:)

I have a DOTS fever which is running high, and won't come down until April 22 when the last special broadcasts.

• Like 5

On 1-4-2016 at 5:32 PM, lina26435 said:

That voice doesn't escape me...i thought so that it was Junsu...thank you for confirming! but when I googled for OST, he wasn't in the list... I wonder if there'll be more of it in the coming episodes...

Haha no problem! I know right? It's really weird.. Because a couple of days ago he was on the OST list on Wikipedia.. But now that has disappeared lol. There's an article about Junsu singing an OST http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/jyj-junsu-is-the-next-artist-to-sing-descendants-of-the-sun-ost But I guess we'll have to wait longer.. lol. I'm sure it will be released sooner or later ^^

• Like 3

@mulder9999 your asking how's KBS making money out of DOTS... because if you watch  live streaming before the live telecast all the commercial are shown ...

15 mins all commercial ... that's the time allotted to  all  commercial...hoping that you are satisfied with my answer to your questions... ;)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IrisFM said:

Love this scene very much. She wants to be part of his life and wants to have the rights to worry about him. Everything she says to him is important to him, After hearing this from her, his will love her to eternity.

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

cr eluvnel.tumblr.com

Best hugging scene of all time in KDrama.

We are blessed with DOTS, best kissing scene of all time in KDrama with episode 9 truck scene and episode 12 hugging scene.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, thepixies said:

@sanaeozora Hi! Yup! But in the village we used to live, church bells were rung /on/ the quarter or hour before service, not 10 mins past or 5 to. I think it is just a minor production mistake and doesn't really detract from the scene itself. My main gripe is the quick cutaway to the pan shot instead of a close up for the kiss. :D

I have some question too about Dots 

-dr.Kang lipstick colour as I recall is pink or soft colour but in the minefield her lipstick colour is red rose

-dr.Kang shoes collection....she must be bring a lot of shoesin her bag when she go to the conflict areaUrk

-how can an ex US army special force like Argus so dumb like that

-no body perfect in this earth even superman but capt.Yo??super perfect!!

But I enchanted with this show....I just falling and go down in Dots,and I forget everything......because the story,chemistry,the view,cinematograph,all actor/actreess,the OST.And Dots make my life more fascinating.And I remember this drama genre is "fantasy".....:D:D

• Like 10

Kim Ji Won Considered Going to Marine Training Camp for “Descendants of the Sun”

JiwonYu April 3, 2016

entertainment-weekly.png

Actress Kim Ji Won thought about going to a Marine boot camp to prepare for “Descendants of the Sun.”

On the recent broadcast of KBS2TV‘s “Entertainment Weekly” aired on April 2, Kim Ji Won sits down for an interview about the drama “Descendants of the Sun” and reveals some interesting behind-the-scenes stories to the viewers.

When the interviewer asks, “Why did you try to join the Marine training camp?” Kim Ji Won answers, “I thought I would understand the military life better if I joined it.”

entertainment-weekly2.png

She continues, “I asked the director if I could, but he told me to not overwork my body and just read the script well. On second thought, I agreed with the director and did as I was told.”

search : soompi

• Like 9

@mariekantalla, @ailenoh, @rainbowbrite, @Jalhanda, @thepixies, @Tinkiebell, @chubbyzmae, @Ahpheng, @IrisFM, @melissala, @kristy86

Thanks for your support, chingudeul... Heh... I don't actually write Fanfics. As @Tinkiebell said, I should really be writing my (in comparison, not so interesting) essays. I don't have much of a Creative bone in me and I don't bother to do the research necessary to write good stories. Nevertheless, I've put this "missing scene" into an asianfanfic account. I'm really new to things like that, so let me know if you're able to see it:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1109460

• Like 15

54 minutes ago, Carin UM said:

I have some question too about Dots 

-dr.Kang lipstick colour as I recall is pink or soft colour but in the minefield her lipstick colour is red rose

-dr.Kang shoes collection....she must be bring a lot of shoesin her bag when she go to the conflict areaUrk

-how can an ex US army special force like Argus so dumb like that

-no body perfect in this earth even superman but capt.Yo??super perfect!!

But I enchanted with this show....I just falling and go down in Dots,and I forget everything......because the story,chemistry,the view,cinematograph,all actor/actreess,the OST.And Dots make my life more fascinating.And I remember this drama genre is "fantasy".....:D:D

About the perfection of Captain Yoo: he has a flaw , though. He wants to shield everybody, and with his girl he goes to the extremes and doesn't even want to let her worry, that's why he has a communication problem (I have it too, I don't want other people to worry about me, I don't let them know my problems and I end up sad , haha!). This is a problem for his GF, cause your partner need to know whats going on with you in order to be happy, this is what all the drama in their relationship is all about. I hope his communication skills will get better in the future, and I don't mean his smooth talk, I mean being open about his feelings. 

Sorry, I know you were just fangirling about him, but I couldn't help myself :)) 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, iamemilykay said:

Stumbled upon this when I opened youtube! Not sure if this has been posted, but its incredibly worth sharing!

The longer version of SJK's KBS 9pm News! :blush::heart: Totally love how he answers all questions with a great amount of charm and modesty. SJK articulates SO SO SO WELL! A particular highlight for me was just as the anchors said, "He's really thoughtful~" The replies he gave are not something that can be said if not for deep thought and consideration, especially for the roles that he play and his goal as an actor. :wub:

And he said his real character is quite similar to Yoo Si Jin! *taking many moments to swwwooooonnnn* 

I think someone said too that she didn't like how the male anchor put SJK in a spot, asking him whom he would save, and kept pushing the issue to make him say the female anchor is pretty. I don't know why this is so common in Korean media. They like to ask such uncomfortable questions.

Separately, I never watched SJK before DOTS - is his personality really like YSJ's? He comes across as a rather quiet person in this interview, far more reserved than Cpt Yoo, which all the more makes him a brilliant actor. Heh... 

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@mariekantalla, @ailenoh, @rainbowbrite, @Jalhanda, @thepixies, @Tinkiebell, @chubbyzmae, @Ahpheng, @IrisFM, @melissala, @kristy86

Thanks for your support, chingudeul... Heh... I don't actually write Fanfics. As @Tinkiebell said, I should really be writing my (in comparison, not so interesting) essays. I don't have much of a Creative bone in me and I don't bother to do the research necessary to write good stories. Nevertheless, I've put this "missing scene" into an asianfanfic account. I'm really new to things like that, so let me know if you're able to see it:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1109460

I am desperatly want to read your fanfic. But I cant Acces to the stories. It seems you must accept my request as your friend. May i know your username chingu ya...? Thank you very much :wub:

• Like 5

My though exactly: 

To MY SJ:

Just marry u too! Then,legally he will be yours. SJ is still keeping a wall in their relationship. Sigh..

So, the next chapter> Do MY still opening her own clinic? I remember her saying that she is sexy in operating room. Glad SJ saw it if only a glimpse in Urk. 

The alpha team next mission is undercover. So, the idea of them as a bodyguard will deminished, right? Even NCIS LA last episode did it too... Heh! 

Well, i dont really into production cost. I have enuff level manning cost in the office to think about. PPL doesnt bother me much if the placement is smooth. Example: MY buying Subway sandwiches for her colleague. We do that in everday life, right? But the Hyundai car PPL is a little out of place. I dont think luxury car is being used in unpeaceful country. The military always use military vehicle in my country. Sometimes i do see them in commercial car but only a simple one. Who cares anyway!! Just forget what i've said. 

Okay, back to count days :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, j823 said:

@mulder9999 your asking how's KBS making money out of DOTS... because if you watch  live streaming before the live telecast all the commercial are shown ...

15 mins all commercial ... that's the time allotted to  all  commercial...hoping that you are satisfied with my answer to your questions... ;)

Hi 

yes, thanks for your answer, a very different tv system Korea has to  HK, Australia or USA.

:) I missed the 15 mins  commercials prior to the broadcast when live streaming ..haha

back rewatch in DOTS now :)

• Like 3

Kim Ji Won's Dream As An Actress Becomes True Sooner Than She Thought Because Of 'Descendants of the Sun'

By Judith Aparri April 2, 2016 at 7:29 am

kim-ji-won-plays-a-solider-in-descendant

Kim Ji Won plays a solider in "Descendants of the Sun." In this photo, South Korean soldiers stand guard on patrol at the customs, immigration and quarantine (CIQ) office on February 11, 2016 in Paju, South Korea. (Photo : Chung Sung-Jun |Getty Images Korea)

Kim Ji Won who plays Yoon Myeong Joo in the current Asia sensation "Descendants of the Sun," one of the four lead characters alongside those of Song Joong Ki's, Song Hye Kyo's and Jin Goo's. Kim was nervous working with such big names in the industry, trying to give her best shot to keep up with the other three, The ChosunIlbo reported.

For instance, Kim talked about her role: "I had to think very hard about how to set the tone of my voice because I have to speak like a soldier. But my efforts paid off, and I think I achieved more than I expected thanks to all the help I got from my co-stars."

Kim was born in South Korea on Oct. 19, 1992 as per her Asianwiki profile. She appeared in drama series "High Kick! 3" in 2011, "What's Up?" in 2011, "To the Beautiful You" in 2012, "The Heirs" in 2013 from which she earned New Star Award that year, "Gap Dong" in 2014 and "Hide Identity" in 2015.

She starred in the TV film "Waiting for Love" in 2013 as well as in films "Romantic Heaven" in 2011 as well as in "Horror Stories" I and II in 2012 and 2013.

Kim Ji Won dreamed of becoming an actress who would be known to every granny in the neighborhood, thanks to "Descendants of the Sun," that dream is met sooner than she thought. Talking about life's opportunities, the actress said it is something anyone has no control about. "I never knew 'Descendants of the Sun' would come to me. It is a very meaningful and life-changing opportunity that helped me mature as an actress."

The 23-year-old actress sees herself to be more careful in making decisions and use the good chance she has now in directing her career path. Kim Ji Won, after "Descendants of the Sun" is more determined to be committed to whatever task she will have. She disclosed that if given the chance, she wants her next role to be a spirited, youthful character.

'Descendants of the Sun' Is Another Proof That South Korean Actress Song Hye Kyo Can Do No Wrong

Jin Goo Says Song Joong Ki Is Such A Pro In 'Descendants of the Sun' While The Drama's Internet Broadcasting Rights Soar

search : en.jknus

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, chubbyzmae said:

I am desperatly want to read your fanfic. But I cant Acces to the stories. It seems you must accept my request as your friend. May i know your username chingu ya...? Thank you very much :wub:

Ah... It's the same username as here. gilaswan. :)

• Like 5

Hello guys.. Finally my first post here *happy* *dance*

Well, the very hip PPL from the drama.. Laneige products are selling very well.. The bb cushion which I have been using until now is the pore control and it works very well. I love the product very much :D

The two tone lipstick from the drama are pink salmon and juicy pop which also a great items!! 

Well i am not selling anything, its just my humble opinion.. 

Btw, this forum light up my day while waiting in between the episodes.. Really love how song joongki acts his all out for capt yoo character as well as song hyekyo.. 

• Like 9