[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 hour ago, razledgoose said:

@hrh77  I respect your sentiment and everyone is entitled with their own opinion.

Quick question:  the whole meaning of pre production and pre-produced is that everything is already done...  how exactly can they manipulate a finished project from a viewer's request?  In addition,  I don't understand where the "aunt-nephew" comment came from ???  ...  totally from left field and doesn't make sense at all....  

yes, the drama is fully completed before it broadcasts its first episode which means we can expect the drama to end without "unnecessary mid-production controversies" (like CITT) and that creators would no longer take viewers' responses/requests about its story line IMO coz it will just ruin the whole drama (like CITT, again) :) 

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, redwinecouple said:

I'm actually confused about this line. Can anyone explain it further for me, please? :D

"bumping into each other as we pass by"

in my interpretation its kinda some fate. fate that you coincidentally meet a person but only become friends or acquaintance or something like that. i dunno why but this phrase were repeated so many times in this drama if you noticed. is it foreshadowing about ending or something? that they won't be together? oh nooo:tears:

• Like 12

Oh wow that kiss!!! :wub:

I think the essence of the show is basically how people that do opposite things, or appear to be, are going to deal with those things and will evolve. Frankly, I like how nothing "big" has happened in the typical sense. It does seem a bit more realistic in that aspect. How people who are attracted to each other deal with that sentiment when external things and personal visions seemt to clash with it.

Also, I do think it is one of those shows where you just have to go with the flow and not question every single things. It's supposed to be "simplistic" in a way. And I am not saying that in a pejorative way.

To be honest, I also was not too convinced by the Song-Song couple at first. But that was before the show! I think both actors have developed a certain chemistry very well. IT is very interesting to watch. Even though she looks a bit older than him, sometimes it is the opposite!!

• Like 17

Song Joong Ki reveals Kim Jong Kook helped him build his body for new drama

Song Joong Ki revealed Kim Jong Kook helped him prepare for 'Descendants of the Sun'!

Song Joong Ki came out as a special guest at Turbo's 20th anniversary concert on the 5th. Kim Jong Kook introduced him by saying, "We have a special guest today. Lately, the drama 'Descendants of the Sun' is a big hit. But even though Song Joong Ki is busy, he came here. I'm so thankful. He's really loyal." The other Turbo members added, "The women in the audience are so lucky."

When asked if he was close to Turbo, Song Joong Ki said, "Kim Jong Kook hyung helped me prepare for 'Descendants of the Sun'. I told him I was going to start a drama, and he helped me work out. I'm so thankful."
"The women in the audience are so lucky."
I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!HE IS REALLY HANDSOME AND STRONG!!!PERFECT SOLDIER!!!
  • Like 11

Of course not looking for cliche, or typical Kdrama.... BUT, as I HAVE SAID, HOPING that this would have a great story on the next coming episodes.... And I know SJK can handle his role with justice (since He is younger in real life, and I don't mind that)......  It's just how they do look at my screen, the aunt-nephew vibe...:rolleyes:

Im a big fan of SJK since SKKS  & Song Hye Kyo since Full House...:P

1 hour ago, hrh77 said:

This is the thing:: Eversince, i really don't like their pair-up... I love both lead actors, from the start, Im a big fan here!!... But, they should've get a female lead that would match his baby face... OR find a male lead that would match her mature looks....

@hrh77 Sorry for cutting your post.. Btw, I highly respect your opinion...

Yes, at first I was also a bit skeptical about this pairing... But...now not anymore... their chemistry in DoTS is just AWESOME... I love every single scene of the two without even noticing or care about SJK baby face and SHG matured look anymore... I am really glad that they are our DoTS couple!!! 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

1. The drama name Descendants of the sun is basically about people who dedicates their live for others and for their nation : Didn't you see soldiers like Shi Jin, Dae Young and doctors like Mo Yeon do this so far?

2. The drama has war and medical elements but it is in essence about the love story between Shi Jin and Mo Yeon: I don't think I need to point out how their love story has been dominating the show for the last 4 episodes.

3. They find love in hopeless/unlikely environment: wait and you will see disaster of all sorts happen at a war zone, judging from previews/OST MVs. People who are naive about the tragedies of war will open their eyes to the harsh realities.

I am surprised you don't even know what the real essence of DOTS is about after watching it for 4 episodes. 

About the age and look differences

Mo Yeon looks stunning and young in Uruk with simple and feminine clothing; she has a mature beauty that is effortlessly elegant, unlike Kim Jo Won's youthful beauty. But she is lively, especially when she exchange banters with SJ, grasps seeing the assault video footage, drools over the shirtless soldiers or asks for VIP cards. She is not a girl but a lady, both in real life and in the drama.

- SJK has a baby face, yes. But I don't think you realize how the determination and intensity in his eyes make SJK more manly than his look. Especially, his face becomes hardened in serious situation or when he is in deep thought. The weight of responsibility and honor in Shin Jin's shoulder, how he gives his all to complete his duty seem to contradict to how youthful SJK's face is at first but as the drama continues, viewers are just simply amazed at what this baby-faced soldier can achieve. They should forget how young this person look but focus on how much more amazing this person can be. Competent actors/actresses act through their eyes.

A doctor lady with young face and a baby-face solider whose character shines through that make people respect him without focusing on his youthful looks, what is too complain? Well, yes, if SHK is surprisingly old for you or SJK is surprisingly too young.

You don't like the pairing because you think the appearance doesn't match? I can assume you feel no chemistry between the two of them then?

Because if you feel their chemistry, you will forget about the looks issue.  What does looks really have to do with how you truly feel about a pairing if you think that the two of them totally make audiences feel that their characters are in love? Then, SJK and SHK totally fail you with their acting in couple scenes because their acting are not enough for you to forget about the thing that bug you: looks (which I believe the majority of views don't feel the same).

I simply can't be a big fan of a drama if the acting of male lead and female lead, who are supposed to be deep in love, fail me.

I have no problem with acting, they're excellent and stunning!!^_^.. I have no problem with individual looks, they're both gorgeous at attractive:rolleyes:.... It's the CHEMISTRY I'm trying to point out:blink:... and I can't refer to the story yet, since it's not even halfway yet...:wub:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

I think it boils down to our personal preferences. If we don't like certain dramas, why even bother watching them?

What's the point of watching if we're gonna end up criticising everything?

Critics is always a part of a drama... That's how they are being "graded".... It's a matter of good or bad, that depends on every individual's taste...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hrh77 said:

I agree. But if there's just too many things that we're unhappy about, it's much better to stop watching isn't it? That's just how I feel. You don't have to agree tho. :)

• Like 12