[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

2 hours ago, Ohsh said:

@CatWhiskers

Regarding arms on waist, he does it so often! I was suspecting if it was done purposely to make himself look "larger" since he has such a thin frame.

Not only larger frame but that's what makes him attractive.  The end of episode 2, which was the original teaser (YSJ walking towards the medical staff at the airport) is the main attraction of DOTS.  I guess that's what made me anticipate watching this drama - that scene where YSJ was walking, his arms on his waist band and pretending not to notice anybody (because of those expensive rayban he was wearing) is the selling factor of DOTS.

• Like 13

@dhia205 He's like an angel in white. I like his different images, they show a different side of him. But if I must pick the most outstanding choice than I will go with KMY, YSJ in uniforms as that's what distinguish from all other k-dramas and he looks super cool and manly in his various uniforms too.

@kokodus Because DOTS has finished its run so I think some maybe re-watching DOTS repeatedly since it's such a happy ending, some maybe trying to get over the DOTS fever to get back to their normal life, and quite a few are camping in Songx2 thread ...but this thread did and still receive lots of love....

@gilaswan About "Car Wash" scene, it could be one of those normal random routines that people do to wash their car, him driving her car, them bickering as usual but so cute...it's also parallel to the scene where he saved her from drowning after dropping the car of the cliff and later gave her his jacket but now we have her saying the line "I can see through your clothes. I don't like other girls seeing it." ...also maybe PPL for Hyundai....but nevertheless it's a cute scene. 

Photo from s0ngs0ng_c0uple

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

cr JayceeMY

• Like 20

@Ohsh @viyra  Spot on! DOTS really nail their main cast. SHK had always been on the shorter side. And SJK is also consider short if compare to other main leads. His height and his slightly smaller frame goes well with SHK. The height difference wasn't so jarring. And hands of his waist is most likely SJK's interpretation of the character. YSJ is an alpha male, captain of his team, his confidence and outspokeness. So hands of waist is rather natural for his character. And it does make him look more masculine.

RED VELVET scene is soooo funny. YSJ expression is priceless. At first he was embarass by SDY's dancing. Then you can see he was trying to reign his excitement in, and when he took the placecard, he was like, "Am I really gonna do this? " and in a split sec, he is like WTH. And lif up the placecard and roll his hips. I brush out laughing!!! Especially when the placecard is written, "Red Velvet over girlfriends".....Omo. ....he is sooooo of dead. 

• Like 16

Okay I know it's late but...

my my summing up of the last two episodes:

i crrrriiiiiieeeed and weeeeeeppped and my heart died during episode 15.

but during episode sixteen, I smiled like a fool in love because I saw other people in love and the ending made me happier than all the pizza in the world. 

• Like 17

CgNfe6RVAAAg1Mc.jpg

CgNq9EpVAAABErl.jpg

cto

=====================

200.gif

=====================

===============

CgNzENCUYAEHxos.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BTW

You From Another Star, Heirs, and Decendents of the Sun Take Top Three Rank in Most Popular K-dramas in China

Posted on April 16, 2016 by ockoala
Spoiler

yahsi.jpg

With the conclusion of Descendants of the Sun it’s a perfect time to check in with the popularity of K-dramas in China and see where this newest ratings breaker resides. Polling websiteVlinkage just released the Top 30 Most Popular K-dramas in China list as of April 2016 and it’s rare for me to feel like this is one accurately reflective ranking. It doesn’t just include recent dramas but even oldies like Autumn in My Heart and Full House are on the list.

You From Another Star remains the most popular K-drama of all time in China followed closely by Heirs and rounded out with Descendants of the Sun in the top three. That makes two Kim Eun Sook penned dramas in the top three alone, and both Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye takes two spots in the top give as City Hunter came in fourth followed by Pinocchio. Check out the full top 30 list below and have fun debating the merits or lack thereof with certain ranked dramas. 

Spoiler

syaas.jpg

vilo.jpg

Vlinkage Top 30 Popular Ranked K-dramas in China:

1. You From Another Star
2. Heirs
3. Descendants of the Sun

Spoiler

4. City Hunter
5. Pinocchio
6. You’re Beautiful
7. Secret Garden
8. I Hear Your Voice
9. The Master’s Sun
10. Rooftop Prince
11. It’s Okay, It’s Love
12. Queen In Hyun’s Man
13. Missing You
14. My Girl
15. The Moon Embraces the Sun
16. Autumn in My Heart
17. Full House
18. Goong
19. Boys Before Flowers
20. A Gentleman’s Dignity
21. Healer
22. Producer
23. Ghost
24. 49 Days
25. Nice Guy
26. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
27. That Winter, the Wind Blows
28. Dr. Stranger
29. Family Honor
30. Oh My Ghost

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/16/you-from-another-star-heirs-and-decendents-of-the-sun-take-top-three-rank-in-most-popular-k-dramas-in-china/#more-74370

• Like 18

Hello DOTS lovers..Just want to let you guys know that our Big Boss have his own FM today in Seoul..But since this is DOTS threads please allow me to post 2 pics of him from his FM..In case some of you are curious about his look today :D You can visit SJK's thread to see more pics and fan-cams. I already posted them there :) 

CgOHlAKUYAEzlPr.jpg

CgOHlAbUUAEcuvZ.jpg

BIG BOSS Captain Yoo who really looks good in white :astonished:

CgOAeuMUkAIfiGN.jpg

Captain Yoo BIG BOSS featured on ASTA TV Korea magazine

CgN53BkUEAAXRJm.jpg

• Like 22

Wonder why Park BoGum was his special guest... His agency wants to promote PBG further?

SJK really does seem the serious sort. Quite different from all the screen personas he seems to be known for. But that final scene photo with him linking arms with SHK's jacket sleeve! Hahaha. Why?? Hahaha. There's a little mischief in him. 

• Like 12

[UPDATE] 160417 'The Day We Meet Again' Fanmeeting in Seoul - Song Joong Ki sang 'Always' - #DescendantsOfTheSunCaptain.png OST

CgOevLoUYAIaVdM.jpg

Spoiler

CgOevMBVIAAdP1j.jpg

Spoiler

160417 Song Joong Ki - The Day We Meet Again - The song he sang was Kim Dong Ryul's Like A Child

Spoiler

CgOznb9VIAEV2DY.jpg

--------------------

Photo with Gummy at Backstage

CgOvax1UMAAwgPG.jpg

========

Song Joong-ki kicks off Asia tour

Updated : April 17 2016

Actor Song Joong-ki kicked off his Asia fan meeting tour with “Song Joong-ki the fifth fan meeting in Seoul: the day we meet again” at the Grand Peace Hall in Kyung Hee University on Sunday.

It was attended by some 4,000 fans. Tickets for the fan meeting had almost immediately sold out when they went on sale on March 31. 

Song’s last fan meeting was on Aug. 17, 2013, 10 days before he enlisted in the military.

Spoiler

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160417

The fan meeting featured various events related to the KBS2 hit TV drama series “Descendants of the Sun” in which Song played the male lead Captain Yoo Si-jin. The last episode of the TV drama aired last Thursday. Three special episodes featuring highlights of the 16-part drama series are scheduled to air April 20-22 on KBS2 at 10 p.m.

Actor Park Bo-gum made a surprise guest appearance onstage at Sunday’s fan meeting. Both Song and Park are represented by Blossom Entertainment.

Song will hold fan meetings in several Asian countries, including China, Taiwan, and Thailand in May and June. The next fan meeting is scheduled to be held at Thunder Dome, Muangthong Thani in Bangkok, at 6 p.m. on May 7.

By Jung Eun-jin (jej2403@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 24

Salute everyone,

ok it's End :tears: really thanks to everyone here for all your support :heart:

but, uri captain why I feel like the drama ends in 10 minutes from it started

QBLaVj.gif

_yGgjT.gif

oh sorry not Captain anymore, Uri Major :wub:

at least we have "wednesday-thursday Dots" this week for the last time :tears:

best drama ever :heart::dissapointed:

• Like 19

About the PPLs, i didnt find them distracting at all (okay, except that autopilot car,it was weird). Honestly i didnt identify most of them as PPLs until u guys pointed it out (yes i am dumb like that)

Lets be honest, dont we all use those branded items in our everyday life. I, myself, have many times gone to subway, McD and pizzahut for my dates.:sweatingbullets:

Actually its more realistic considering the fact that they are in Seoul which is one of the trendiest and flashiest city in the world. I would have been mad if they have tried to insert those PPLs when they were in Urk but it didnt happen right??

So if it all anything that is distracting me that will be the charming aura of SJK and flawless skin of SHK:P

• Like 20