[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@angkahshin Indeed!

We really need to dissect episodes 13 and 14 to understand the messages that the writers want o impart. Though romance is still there, I saw the longings of Koreans of a unification. The political issues shown in those episodes mirror the sentiments of the Korean people ( I hope I got it right).

And ..... who doesn't want world peace.......anyone?  

• Like 16

On 1 April 2016 at 0:51 PM, mulder9999 said:

Ok here is my take on the ending.

Since they did not breakup in episode 12, they will separate in the next 4 episodes.

i think the captain is going to disappear on an assignment, possibly be seriously injured. Why , because remember Argus issued a warning to KMY during the kidnap scene that big boss is mysterious and hard to contact and can disappear.

I think this quote is significant ....

Also KMY now has the pebble from the beach, she somehow needs to return it to the shipwreck if a couple needs their relationship to last.

So I think, the captain recovers from his injury , maybe with the  help from the US army colleague who told him to live and stay alive in episode 12 and somehow ends up back in URK.  

Whilst KMY has been worried, maybe for months and returns to URK to return the pebble to the beach wishing to see the captain

and then the captain reappears and end of episode 16.

what do you think? Is this plausible? I have no prior knowledge of the plot.. But the writers seem to use scenes and phrases from 

previous episodes and weaves into future episodes, which I like such the 

mine field scene,

confession

washing hair

etc...

Ok, I made this prediction way back when episode 12 was shown...in above post ..

so far our Captain Yoo did get critically injured..in episode 13.

he will disappear in episode 15.

KMY will end up back in URK with the pebble, whether or not with YSJ ... Not sure...

but YSK did say they would go back 'together' 

i think SDY will die.

I think it going to be an open ending....why because they didn't watch the whole movie to the end. in episode 14..

KMY says is it a happy or sad ending...

This will possibly explain why there will be an epilogue in the last special...

as it is a pre-produced drama, they had no idea how popular it was going to be, so the ending was filmed months ago..

i think to make the fans happy, they announced the specials and to include an epilogue to round out the ending.. To make it a happy ending ...Or there will be riots on the street.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Theresa Lucaberte said:

Hello.. Guys..can i suggest something. dots is very famous in korea naver, china weibo/baidu but can we take it to twitter..?!? Me as a filipino should be a living proof that we can take a certain hashtag to the world. As proof by this last year. we are the most used Hashtag for #Ebtamangpanahon. And as a matter of fact, Dots is already famous. We can make it more by bringing it more to twitter.. Are you with me?? Can i ask for suggestion for our hashtag for the finale?? Guys..in preparation for next week..

Hai! I thought something like #MissDOTS #HappyEndingDOTS #GoodJobDOTS #WellDoneDOTS 

I'm thinking the short form of Descendants of the sun because its too long to be included in the hashtag :)  

sorry for the lack of ideas. Its too early in the morning and I'm at airport now while waiting for boarding keke

If someone has come out with the hashtag please post it here ^^

• Like 5

9 hours ago, bakegyamon said:

In episode 15, MY said that, i dont know even this story (the drama that they watch) will end in happy pr sad ending :(

But i wish that MY can reach her professor title while SJ can be a commander, as what he promised before to his father

She is already a professor in Haesung .... The title achieved when she was incharge at the VIP ward

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ash89 said:

I see many people are worried about the tombstone. I think  the name on it is the NK soldier's who was working with the mafia smuggling fire arms. He died in ep 14, around 18:00 min. So no worries:)

He's not die..... YSJ did worried about him on last scene but no story about the NK soldier die

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nadya92 said:

Hai! I thought something like #MissDOTS #HappyEndingDOTS #GoodJobDOTS #WellDoneDOTS 

I'm thinking the short form of Descendants of the sun because its too long to be included in the hashtag :)  

sorry for the lack of ideas. Its too early in the morning and I'm at airport now while waiting for boarding keke

If someone has come out with the hashtag please post it here ^^

how about #DOTSFever :) 

• Like 6

@IrisFM Thanks for that extremely detailed article. I actually read the whole thing! Very interesting. But, after seeing that photo of SJK with the article, and knowing there are health benefits, I want to get my hands on some red ginseng too! Wonder if it tastes nice...

There are so many product placements in this drama, but it's actually not so bad. Makes us more aware of good products. I actually purchased heaps from Amore Pacific last time in Korea. Not a huge fan of the two tone lipstick though...although it looks really pretty on SHK. But then...everything looks good on her!

@Kim_Lilly Thanks for the explanation! 

@kristy86 No...I didn't type Richard Simmons...it's Soompi's autocorrect for any "bad" words....strange though...I don't remember writing anything naughty! I'm usually a very good Soompi citizen who never uses bad language!! :D 

• Like 9

Found this recap: 

Descendants of the Sun Episode 14 Recap

Continuing from previous episode, Mo Yeon gasps mid-sentence when the doors open to reveal the critical patient. As sober music plays, the medical team rushes Si Jin to the operation room while Mo Yeon cries for him to wake up.The parking lot scenes are interspersed with the reality – we see Si Jin and Dae Young pointing their guns at Ahn. They were wary and on their guards. Something was wrong because Ahn said that he was on furlough and would not be participating in this mission.

Ahn said that he could not trust his own side and came a long way to find a friend, “Send me back to North Korea.” Before he could divulge more details, a van swooped into the parking lot and started firing. Ahn fell to the floor, injured. While Si Jin and Dae Young took cover and fired at the van, men tumbled out of the van and pushed Ahn into the van.

Si Jin called for back up and ran after the van. He placed himself in  the van’s direct path and told Dae Young he would halt the van. In reality, Si Jin has gone into cardiac arrest and Mo Yeon is placed in the traumatising position of having to save her boyfriend from death.

With 5m left, Si Jin shot at a fire extinguisher which exploded and caused the van to crash in the midst of white fumes. In this shower of mist, Si Jin was fired at a few times and he fell to the ground, gasping in breath.

https://thoughtsramble.com/2016/04/08/descendants-of-the-sun-episode-14-recap/ 

Edited by whyisitcalleddescendants
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, MeandmyCraziness said:

Episode 15 is quite meaningful for me. They may have touched the NK and SK conflict but I guess the message that the writers wanted to convey was that your country doesn't define who you are. We cannot generally say that NK people are bad and SK people are good and vice-versa. It is our values and beliefs that define who we are. YSJ and Lt. Ahn may serve different countries but they share same values and beliefs. They are both great soldiers in their own way. 

I love that the writers focuses more on the aspect of human growth. I think I am one of those few who doesn't care if some of the situation/scenarios in the drama aren't probable. The characters are real and that's all that matters to me. Each and every characters exists in my real world. We come across people who are Kim Ki Bum's, LCH, Dr. Kang and Capt. YSJ (~personality wise~) and the other characters everyday that's why all the characters are relatable.

The writers are really brilliant and I am excited on how they will wrap-up the drama. Two more episodes to go. Excited and sad at same time though. DOTS fighting!:D

:thumbsup: I love you Chingu for this!

• Like 3

I dont know why but after watching it over and over again, MY voice over in the end of ep 14 automatically reminded me of the notebook. She narates it like she's writing diary, like she's remembering good moments she had with SJ, and as much as i dont want it to happen but i think something bad is going to happen first in ep 15 :tears:

i hope it wouldnt last long tho, i still can manage 20 minutes of sad moment. But keeping my hopes high with Junsu last ost! Wednesday come sooner!

• Like 8

Been browsing through  past predictions and wishes for the next ep or the following week, and  none of them were spot on.  I know we are trying to cope and it will be the final 2 eps before the specials.   For me, I cannot second guess, my power of deduction is no match for the creativity and thought process of the writers,  who manage to surprise us time and time again.    

I will empty my mind of the preview, the speculation, and enjoy the final 2 eps come what may.    Chin up to those who are worried. Let's enjoy together the remaining stretch of the best k-drama ride we have been on.    :)

• Like 8

Hiya all, went out of my lurking stage;

My ideal ending would be for all couples to have a happy ending, especially our OTP having a beach wedding. that would make everyone happy and all the hearts all over the world would combust. Many fans love the romance part especially me. The epilogue can be their honeymoon trip. Maybe im being too optimistic.:wub:. I love all the episodes, URuk was fantastic, but the last two episode was needed to show how they adjusted back in Seoul. The last two is for the happy ending "prayer circle" :D. And hopefully this last two episode will reach the 40s rating,

• Like 3

Close enough hahaha :joy:

tumblr_o5a1r8j5FI1r3hugwo1_400.gif  tumblr_o5a1r8j5FI1r3hugwo2_400.gif

Spoiler

He's too cute! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

tumblr_o59xutXHqL1s1oo2no1_400.gif  tumblr_o59xutXHqL1s1oo2no2_r1_400.gif

Thinking of umbrellas, is this actually a bts from the drama or is this a bts of a bts? As in was this from when DY and MJ went to the wedding? He's dressed the same so can we assume that they were just chilling around while waiting for filming or is this actually something to look forward to next week? Did that make sense? No, ok. Hahaha :tounge_xd:

descendants-of-the-sun-bts.gif 

Spoiler

tumblr_o4w6amLn4P1s1hcmko4_r1_400.gif12966497_10204611028675179_404747139_n.p

• Like 24

21 hours ago, mulder9999 said:

Ep 14 should explored this more , turning the tables 

KMY would have to make rational surgical operation or decisions to save YSJ

I think that would be more satisfying to us in terms of the story arc.

YSJ injuries was resolved in 5 mins and KMY really didnt do much in medical terms to save him.

I few pumps on his chest and he is back..

I dont think there was any negative comments from troopers throughout episode 1-12 on this forum.

yup..i agree with you or maybe SJ and NK guy need to go operate and KMY should choose between her boyfriend or NK guy who would be saved first. Just like when she has to choose to save 2 worker in urk.

• Like 1