[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

29 minutes ago, hrh77 said:

I have no problem with acting, they're excellent and stunning!!^_^.. I have no problem with individual looks, they're both gorgeous at attractive:rolleyes:.... It's the CHEMISTRY I'm trying to point out:blink:... and I can't refer to the story yet, since it's not even halfway yet...:wub:

Individually. you may like SJK or SHK in other projects.

But in Descendants of the sun, you most probably do have a problem with their acting; you just don't realize it or want to admit it. Not as in every scenes of the drama but at least their acting in couple scenes. Because if SJK and SHK do their job convincingly enough for you, you will feel their chemistry; if they don't do enough for you, there must be something wrong in the way they deliver their lines, the way the look at each other's eye or their body gesture...that makes you feel there is no chemistry. Chemistry problems happen for a viewer when characters or one of them just simply deliver their lines without sincerity; or maybe the script is just too cringe-worthy that even actor/actress's acting can't save it. I don't think the script of DOTS is that bad so the problem will mostly about how you feel about their acting when in love.

It is fine if you don't feel the chemistry between SJK and SHK but too bad, DOTS is about the love story of SJ and MY. So you may have to skip a lot of scenes or have to endure them then. Who knows, you may change your opinion later.

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, hrh77 said:

Of course not looking for cliche, or typical Kdrama.... BUT, as I HAVE SAID, HOPING that this would have a great story on the next coming episodes.... And I know SJK can handle his role with justice (since He is younger in real life, and I don't mind that)......  It's just how they do look at my screen, the aunt-nephew vibe...:rolleyes:

Im a big fan of SJK since SKKS  & Song Hye Kyo since Full House...:P

you feel 'aunt-nephew' vibe because you're don't like of older woman/younger man love story line. as being said earlier, song hye kyo character is older than song jong ki. she's a surgeon after all. so her age must be about 30-er. it's not like shi jin is underage or high school student either. even if you are their fan, but if you have this kind of mindset (don't like older woman/younger man relationship) before watching this drama you may not be able to enjoy it.

i'm one of those who don't care about age gap whether in drama or real life. age is not a factor of happiness in a relationship.

the real factors to me are love, respect, care and responsibility of the couple towards each other.

i like this otp because although she's older than him, their relationship are mature.

• Like 18

I have seen a lot of Kdramas that female lead is older than the male lead in reality..... Actually I didn't know that in the story she is older than him... But again, as I mentioned, I have seen Secret Garden, RoofTop Prince,  etc...and  I love it!!... (just check their age differences).. So, meaning to say, they really screened their pairing (or whatever you call it)...

I like her with Rain/ Jo In Sung, and him with MCW... but that was a past already.... :wub:

• Like 3

why there are argument regarding the chemistry between lead???

it depend on individual.....chemistry between lead can be feel based on people. maybe some people do not really like the actor or actress that why they cannot feel the chemistry .sorry for my opinion. ..:blush:

for me i like song song couple. they interaction look natural and very smooth.....they look good together and they really a good actor in portraying their character. 

for those that like song couple can visit this thread....hehhehe

• Like 23

13 minutes ago, ilovesjk said:

I find it amusing how people dare make remarks about the logic of this drama and nitpick about how so many things contradict reality, and then go on to name dramas like My Love From Another Star as their favorite drama. Right, because subsequent to an alien randomly landing on earth, lives 400 years and falls in love with a girl but has to return back and miracously finds a way to travel back and forth to different realms only to be with her again, is so much more realistic! Not hating on that drama, just trying to make a valid point here. Sure I'd say there are a few illogical things in DoTS that even a die hard fan like myself is not blinded by but at the end of the day, it's a kdrama after all. I'm here to enjoy the ride of this fantasy, not here to watch a documentary. I don't think they've done anything unforgiving either. Also there's a reason why there are different dramas because people like different things. If they don't like DoTS and prefer a more cliche drama then simply stop watching. I assure them it's not difficult to find those dramas. What's the most mind boggling are the people who "hates" the drama yet hangs on and tunes in every single week, only to "seek flaws" so they can come online and express their thoughts about how "bad" it was and how it "doesn't deserve" its hype so they can give them self a pat on the back for being an internet troll. I say those are the biggest fans. Time is precious, if I don't like a drama I'd drop it. These people must like DoTS a lot to be willing to spend so much time on it. 

I completely agree with you! This is what I have to say about this matter. Kdramas are Kdramas for freaking reason. Most of the time they are not completely logically correct, but if you have been watching and are a fan of Kdramas you would have know that by now. Not only that IT IS FICTIONAL! They even tell you in the freaking synopsis http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Descendants_of_the_Sun. The reason why DoTs is getting so much hype is because of the way it was directed, how the actors/actresses deliver their lines and how they play their roles, the script writing, and hard work and dedication. If you don't like a freaking drama, then uh here is a thought don't bleeping watching it! If you want to give a review on it there are ways to do that without saying whether it is good or bad. Always remember the golden rule if you're not going to say something nice don't say it at all. Like I said I completely agree with you @ilovesjk thanks for this post! 

• Like 24

12 minutes ago, kdramaobession14 said:

I completely agree with you! This is what I have to say about this matter. Kdramas are Kdramas for freaking reason. Most of the time they are not completely logically correct, but if you have been watching and are a fan of Kdramas you would have know that by now. Not only that IT IS FICTIONAL! They even tell you in the freaking synopsis http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Descendants_of_the_Sun. The reason why DoTs is getting so much hype is because of the way it was directed, how the actors/actresses deliver their lines and how they play their roles, the script writing, and hard work and dedication. If you don't like a freaking drama, then uh here is a thought don't bleeping watching it! If you want to give a review on it there are ways to do that without saying whether it is good or bad. Always remember the golden rule if you're not going to say something nice don't say it at all. Like I said I completely agree with you @ilovesjk thanks for this post! 

True enough.... But the thing, is sometimes, if you do not like the story, but you're most favorite actors/actress are there... It's like, duhh, there's a huge blockage on your wall...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, razledgoose said:

@hrh77  sorry to say this girlfriend but your comments are all over the place, very piece-mill, and very contradictory.  

However ladies and gentlemen??  I think @hrh77 has achieved her goal of planting "negative" seeds in this blog and we should all stop responding to her comments.... (my opinion)

Said what I wanted to so I will just take your advice and stop caring about comments that are purely empty - with no meaning at all or not open to proper discussion :phew:

• Like 14

wah guys...arent you run too faster?????or i am the one that walk too slowly ???hahahahahaha...this thread really moves faster...

it really give me hard home work because i must back reading now..... (been busy in weekend because of drama, reality show and real world house course...i even just finished watching dots ep 3 and 4, three hours ago...hahahaha) i will comment about that episode tomorrow... so far i still loved this show...song song couple...goowon couple...i loved both couple...i love all character (though they are not perfect character and still have flaws and hole in here and there).

its already late here...need to sleep now (are you sure you will sleep????i believe i will do my home work in soompi first....yes back reading again guys)....

Spoiler

ps: okay just my 2 cents, everyone free to comment, have a right to wrote their opinion but please respect other opinion too and dont be stubborn....we have different preference, and it cant be ignored...every people born to be different that what makes this world more colorful...this thread already colorful with different theory, opinion, comment, etc but please dont forget to make this thread peaceful and comfortable for everyone that stay in behind this thread...i dont want to see another messy thread again (i already being evidence of one messy thread)...it still the beginning of the show so lets just enjoy the show with smile....... and remember this is just a drama,we watch it for fun not for something that we need to think deeply about it...we already face a hard real life so in this drama world let just escape for that real world and have fun to watch drama....and dots is one of the fun drama ofc...

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, hrh77 said:

True enough.... But the thing, is sometimes, if you do not like the story, but you're most favorite actors/actress are there... It's like, duhh, there's a huge blockage on your wall...

@hrh77I also agree with you,that's true, because the first reason why I wanted to watch this drama was because I am a fan of SJK and SHK, so you it would be disappointing if you like/ have a favorite actor/actress in the drama but you didn't like the drama itself. I was more directing my post to people who just completely try to degrade the drama and say very hurtful things about it. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, kdramaobession14 said:

@hrh77I also agree with you,that's true, because the first reason why I wanted to watch this drama was because I am a fan of SJK and SHK, so you it would be disappointing if you like/ have a favorite actor/actress in the drama but you didn't like the drama itself. I was more directing my post to people who just completely try to degrade the drama and say very hurtful things about it. 

But then again, I don't have any final conclusions on this drama yet, since it's not completely shown yet... Who knows, that this drama would be miraculously great  on the next coming episodes.. For the meantime enjoy with this 2 beautiful individual leads... it would be more upsetting, if they will be wasted here... (hope not)..:wub: