[Drama 2015] KBS - Bluebird's House 파랑새의 집

sleepingblossom

HD believes simply trying to destroy the evidence that everything will be ok once his dad sincerely apologizes. Unfortunately the rules of kdrama say differently...HD attempts are null and void and since his dad has approached JW sister...things will get only worse as JW determination to bring down the man who stole their father's company and wealth will need to pay.

Rules also state HD and JW sister are a no-go IF HD DAD did in fact kill JW dad. Though I am on the idea that he simply stole the documents to the company walked off. showing absolutely no care to his dying friend.

Yes, the path of vengence JW is taking is one that is by Korean standards, noble. Because JW being the family that was destroyed by the greed of HD dad. Yes JW sister had to suffer, but look at the actions of HD has taken destroyed evidence that could solve this situation, but he decided to save his father and throw his lover's family under the bus.

Rules are clear that HD and family will wind up losing the company. Forgiveness is a must but before that HD and family must return things back to their original owners.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i  think  what  tae  soo  has  done  to  sangjun  was a  case  of  criminal  negligence.  that  is  causing  the  death  of  an  innocent person  in  disress  by  simply  ignoring  him  or  offering  help.  so  he's  guilty..  this  hyeondo  is  too  late  the  hero,  now  he's  trying  to  be  a  good  son  when  in  the  past he  was  this  obnoxious,  rebellious,  irresponsible  son  to  his  parents.  what  I  can't  forgive  him  was when  he  would  call  ji  wan  when  the  latter  was  up  for a  job  interview  to  simply  play a   iprank  on  him.  how  could  he  be  that  irresponsible  ? the  height  of  selfishness  on  his  part.  to  me  doing  the  right thing  and  reconciliation  with  justice  and  restitution  is the  right  thing. 

I know some of you said HD just joined the Dark force. Unfortunately, I disagree.

First of all, I don't think there is any such thing in this drama. The line between good and evil is so fine, actually there might be no lines at all. The drama did a great job in building multi-layered characters, which confuses us sometimes, we just couldn't really tell who's the real bad guy sometimes. Just like when stepmom hid the truth about ES' birth, was it for the sake of the family, or to protect the life she's been working so hard for. Or say, when we kind of forget what TS did in the past seeing how he values the company and his employees, and the way he toughens up HD with responsibility, etc. Or even Mr.Shin, he is believed to be on the good side, which likely to be kept that way since we've nearly reached the end, also didn't hesitate to bend the laws in the name of justice to catch TS. Basicly, what i'm saying is that HD is not a villian, and the producers won't even try making him into one, cause that would be so lame.

Secondly. If you guys try watching the drama all over, well, not ALL, just skip to part with HD and ES is good, you'll be wowed by HD's development. He went from the playful, carefree, irresponsible jerk (made everyone wanted to punch him in the face when he fooled JW to come to the audition), then slight changes, not for his own good, but for the sake of similarities with ES (earning money, buying gifts for parents, etc.), to a thoughtful son and a selfless man to his girl. I don't think there was a split second when we were disappointed by this character so far. Thanks for the script (I doubt that) and the outstanding acting skills.

Besides, HD-ES are the only couple here, guys. Honestly, I do not look forward to the development of JW-YJ relationship. It feels awkward and forceful, and unnecessary. Therefore, things have got to work out for these two somehow in the end. It's K-Drama after all, people!

Talking about heros. I really don't like the way they built JW's character. Bad writing, i must say. They could've made him less boring, more developing, maturity. I don't even want to discuss about JW (pffft, like there's anything to discuss). Don't get me wrong LJH's fans, I appreciate the actor, just the character and his script I dont like. Especially the super-hero part of JW that annoys me the most. The super-hero: always good, always innocent, always the one being framed and conned, and as long as he can take down the bad guy, it doesn't matter how many people he hurts or kills, coz he is the super-hero, it's entitled.

Phew... That's enough for today. Before I press the "submit reply" button, just wanna say it again that I AM DYING to see how HD's going to react when he discovered that TS really did attack and hurt ES. Oooooohhhh!!! This is gonna be sooooooooo good. Well, they better make it good or else.... *burning lazer-gaze*

HD believes simply trying to destroy the evidence that everything will be ok once his dad sincerely apologizes. Unfortunately the rules of kdrama say differently...HD attempts are null and void and since his dad has approached JW sister...things will get only worse as JW determination to bring down the man who stole their father's company and wealth will need to pay.

Rules also state HD and JW sister are a no-go IF HD DAD did in fact kill JW dad. Though I am on the idea that he simply stole the documents to the company walked off. showing absolutely no care to his dying friend.

Yes, the path of vengence JW is taking is one that is by Korean standards, noble. Because JW being the family that was destroyed by the greed of HD dad. Yes JW sister had to suffer, but look at the actions of HD has taken destroyed evidence that could solve this situation, but he decided to save his father and throw his lover's family under the bus.

Rules are clear that HD and family will wind up losing the company. Forgiveness is a must but before that HD and family must return things back to their original owners.

@triton823  Preach tell then the rules of Kdrama TS and family will loose that company and JW still have stocks in it which would make him come out to be the head guy in the company TS will get caught trying to move whatever fortune of JW family is left and even the property that he has put in his wife name will also be confiscated and returned back to the owners if HD really wanted to help he should have told his dad to return all the money he stole..  

Darn I just lost most of my post. :(
Have to write most of it all over again sadly.

Anyway let me now start off with how some of you are blaming Youngjoo for handing over that recording device to Hyondu when it wasn't something that was hers to give in the first place. Going to defend her over here. She was not really to blame over here. Clearly Jiwan and her Dad are more at fault. My main question though will have to be is how did she get her hands on the recording in the first place. As far as I recall the drawer where that recording should have been was supposed to be locked. Remember a few episodes back she found the drawer locked and when she asked her father about it he told her that he was holding onto something important for Jiwan. Perhaps he later on handed her the key.

The real people at fault are Jiwan and her Dad for keeping the original and the backup in the same place. While some of you have also added that perhaps the windows should have a log in password and all. While that would have been nice one has to remember that they are just starting so they wouldn't have bothered with such a thing at present I mean apart from that one file I doubt that they have anything important stored on all those computers and all. Since clearly those are supposed to be new computers for the startup company and all. My main issue is that even if Team Taesu hadn't gotten that file what if an accident occurred and thus a fire took place over there. Due to the fire the recording got destroyed and somehow due to the fire the computers also got damaged and unfortunately the file that stored the recording got so damaged that it couldn't be recovered and all. In that case I am sure that they would have found some way to blame all that on Taesu as well :)

What they should have done was make multiple copies of said recordings such as send themselves the recordings on their phones. (got to love Smartphone's now), e-mailed themselves the copy and perhaps keep the file on sites such as mediafire, I-Cloud (as someone else mentioned) and maybe keep a copy at their homes as well. See safety in numbers helps.

I mean a few months back I got my first smart phone and due to that I needed a new SIM and all. The first thing that I did was write down the SIM code and keep it in a safe place, so I now have the original code, the copied one in a safe place and then finally I managed to e-mail myself the PIN number as well to a few accounts. This actually came in handy once as I couldn't recall a single digit and I had already used up two of my three tries.

Now as to another reason why I don't really blame Yeongjoo is that when Hyeondo came for the recording he told her that Jiwan sent him for it. At this point she would have rightfully assumed that to be the case since he didn't say that he wanted it for himself but Jiwan. So she would have assumed that he only knew about it because Jiwan told him about it and actually needed it. Perhaps she should have contacted Jiwan for a final verification.

But even if she suspected that it had something to do with his father why would she even think that he would stab Jiwan in his back. All his actions so far have proven otherwise.

Let's take a look what has happened in previous cases. When he made a mistake regarding the flyers and Jiwan took the blame for it and when he found about it he tried to resolve the solution. Granted in that one other people also had found out about his mistake so we can let that one slide for the moment.
Then what about the case when Taesu was trying to frame Jiwan for Corporate Espionage and thus forcing him to quit. Who tried to help Jiwan out there such as informing him about the security measures available and allowing him to view the security footage. Indeed it was Hyondou once again. Sure he didn't know that his father was responsible over here so we may want  to let this one semi-slide for the moment. But then what about the case when he knew exactly what his father had done to Jiwan and his family. Yet he still went and obtained that ledger that his father had even though he knew what it would mean to his father. That clearly showed that he was still on Jiwan's side even if that meant him going against his own family and all. If under such circumstances he didn't join his father's side then it would have been safe to assume that he was still on Jiwan's side and thus him asking it for Jiwan wouldn't be all that suspicious.

Thus I rest my case for the time being on this matter and I guess Jiwan must have realized all this as well and told her that she wasn't at fault and she hadn't done anything wrong.. Then again I may be reading into stuff that isn't there.

Another point some of you have brought up is that Hyoundo isn't really on the Dark Side and is trying to get both parties on neutral ground and talk things out civilly. While that is noble of him things aren't exactly all that simple.

While I have to agree with him that all Jiwan and his family really needs is a sincere apology from Taesu. The problem is that Taesu really isn't repenting for any of his actions due to his dumb pride and all. He is afraid that he is going to lose everything that he has worked for so long. What he doesn't seem to realize is that money is not everything. So while it would be nice if he would return everything that he took from them it is not really important. From what I can see is that Jiwan and his family may not be that well of but they still have something important going for them. They are still satisfied with what they have and more importantly they have a strong bond with each other making them one happy family. Wheras Taesu seems to be rich and with all this money yet is he truly happy? He may be married but while he may share the same room with his wife they don't share the same bed. Infact they are more than willing to kick each other out of the room if they fight a bit at times. He has a son who isn't really on his side and another one that is living abroad and all. How can he really be happy. All that is going on for him is his company and he is afraid that he may lose that as well.

If Taesu simply apologizes to Jiwan and family all can be peacefully resolved. But since he isn't doing that sincerely he is simply forcing Jiwans hand when he tries to embarrass him infront of reporters/shareholders. What he is actually trying to do here is that he gets Taesu to acknowledge his mistakes and thus is forced to apologize then. Previously Jiwan gave Taesu numerous chances to acknowledge his mistakes and all. These were before he decided to fight the fight and all. But Taesu simply refused to do so. Infact he further tried to cover up all his actions and all. Thus if they don't get a sincere apology from him Jiwan is trying to do it in a way where he has no other choice. So if Hyondou doesn't want his father labeled as a thief and all that then he should have better managed to convince his father to apologize to Jiwan's family.

By the end of this show we know that Taesu is not only going to apologize to the family he is going to beg them to do so on his knees. He should simply do so before it gets to that point.

I guess Jiwan might be able to get some of the previous founders of his father's company to give them their shares. But at this point I doubt that they would really be worth something. I mean Taesu isn't a fool and he made a smart move. He must have realized that somewhere along the line someone from his family must have realized that Jiwan still has some shares under his name and thus he could confront Taesu on that. When they discover that the shares have been stolen or forged etc he could have claimed them. So Taesu to prevent that formed Best Global and slowly absorbed Jiwan's Dads company in his own. So I doubt that even if Jiwan were to recover his shares somehow or even if the other founders still had their shares I doubt that they would even be worth all that much.

Also some of you have also said that it would be nice if Jiwan were to run the company and he keeps Hyondu as his right hand man or the CEO or something.

Yes that would certainly be nice and all but one has to question who will let Jiwan lead the company. He really doesn't have anything going for him. He certainly doesn't have some great qualifications or has studied abroad. The only thing in his advantage is that his father was a founder of the previous company that Taesu stole from them. But that really isn't worth much. I mean they may kick Taesu out but that certainly doesn't mean that they should take in someone in like Jiwan to lead them.

One can say that Taesu also doesn't have all those qualifications like Jiwan but he has still managed to prove himself to the current company. When the company was in trouble he saved it from the brink of bankruptcy. (Granted he may have been responsible for it in the first place and all but they didn't know that then.) Also even if they hold that against him it was still Taesu that has managed to grow Best Global into the company that it is today. They certainly won't accept someone like Jiwan into the company. Perhaps Hyondu but maybe not yet. Also Jiwan really doesn't have a whole lot of backing over there. Perhaps the marketing team would be on his side and all. But the company doesn't run simply on marketing does it.

No Jiwan is going to need more than shares to take back that company from Taesu and all.

Will I be happy if he gets his company back. I guess so. But to be honest I think it would be better if he simply leaves the company to Hyeondu and he simply moves in with Youngjoo and her father's company. He seems to be happy over there as well. So let him work over there I say plus this way he gets to be closer to her as welll and thus she may actually get a chance to be with him. Heyondu can work in his father's company be rich and take care of Eunsu and all. If Jiwan can get his shares back he may still be a member of that company and help here and there. Unfortunately due to K-Drama laws and Karma etc... this won't happen. So like some of you have mentioned earlier Taesu and family are going to lose everything that they have and Jiwan and family are going to regain all that they lost.

Plus to make things more fun Taesu's other son is going to end up marrying Youngjoo's sister that is aboard as well :)

I know that isn't going to ever happen but we need something funny so I added that bit up. :)

On a side note I noticed that Mr. Shin finally got a shave. Was wondering why he did that I mean you don't suddenly decide to shave of a  beard that you have been taking care all of a sudden. That was till I noticed him in another drama unless I am mistaking him for someone else. Isn't he the same actor that is in (I Remember You/Hello Monster)?

Sry my system seems to be crashing a bit so I am losing out on my posts sadly. So I guess I will leave with all this for the moment.

Love to hear what you all think on my points and some more of your own. Till then take care and hope to hear from all of you soon. :)

Hello All,

Well things aren't turning out the way TS planned it telling ES that her own father had something to do with it also did it turn out that she is TS daughter ? Well even HD mom is trying to protect they stolen wealth just what was she planning going to Halmoni house and the plan is going to backfire because they know cray lady been passing info to TS now she wil hear something about TS and crazy lady that cause her to move out of the house.. 

@valsava Good Morning sweetie :-)  Did you complete your jury duty?  I think EH let it slip that they were with ES and her mom let her go with TS. I was really hoping when HD saw how his father is acting and what he is doing that he would pull the recorder out and give it to JW and say "he threw away the fake here's the real copy". But no such luck so maybe he really did throw away the real one. 

@yamiyugi  I personally doubt that JW would ever be given Best Global also. If he can prove his case I think the best the system could do would be return all the money plus interest for almost 30yrs. And according to YJ dad the money in today's market would be roughly 20 mil dollars. However with the Korean statute of limitations I doubt they could even get that, that is why JW said in one episode that he needed to nail TS with something more recent. 

I also agree that YJ was not to blame for giving the recorder to HD....geez does no one believe in safe deposit boxes in Korea? JW went to the prosecutors office but he didn't take the evidence. WHO DOES THAT...STUPID PEOPLE! He could have taken it to them and then if TS agreed to apologize and return some money or given them shares in Best Global then all JW would have to do is retract his suit. But that original copy should have been properly secured and I don't mean in the bottom of some cheap desk drawer. So this was definitely not YJ fault.

I don't even know where to start with HD, he is just going about everything wrong. While he wants his father to apologize he also still wants to maintain the lifestyle he and his mother have grown accustomed to. Thats just not possible, he cant have his cake and eat it too. He knows the hardship that JW family went through all to due to dad but if it is between them and his mother they lose. Heaven forbid his mother cant throw her status in other people faces anymore. *sigh* I really need for him to pull his head out of his butt and step up again and act like the good man we all know he can be.

@valsava Good Morning sweetie :-)  Did you complete your jury duty?  I think EH let it slip that they were with ES and her mom let her go with TS. I was really hoping when HD saw how his father is acting and what he is doing that he would pull the recorder out and give it to JW and say "he threw away the fake here's the real copy". But no such luck so maybe he really did throw away the real one. 

@kdramafan469,  Hi Sweetie No it's not done I go back on tuesday, I tell you it must be nice to set your own work schedule.. As if I don't have nothing else to do this is one reason I use to hate voting.. 

So the little girl let it slip that her mom set it up for ES to meet up with TS, HD is stuck between a rock and a hard place him not wanting to be the son of a thief made known to the public it's a slim chance that he will get what he wants and to me YJ dad is also a thief and turned his family into thieves for his selfish greed for his family all these people will loose everything they have rather they like it or not,,

Question just what was HD mom plan on doing at Halmoni house claiming to TS that they are partners let her be his partner and end up in jail right along with the man..  

I also don't think JW will be given best global back but I think he may end up with a very large amount of shares in the company.. But whatever money and property TS call himself securing will be turned over to JW family..   

@valsava No YJ father never did anything out of greed, malice or underhandedness. YJ father opened all the accounts for Taehu Industry and TS came with alll the proper forms and transferred the money out of the accounts. Because TS had forged documents and stole SJ seal and power of attorney, but nothing YJ father did was illegal because everything appeared fine. If anything it's the bank fault for not verify the validity of the paperwork. TS just threaten to make it look like YJ dad had helped him knowing full well what was going on and we know that was/is not the case.

@valsava No YJ father never did anything out of greed, malice or underhandedness. YJ father opened all the accounts for Taehu Industry and TS came with alll the proper forms and transferred the money out of the accounts. Because TS had forged documents and stole SJ seal and power of attorney, but nothing YJ father did was illegal because everything appeared fine. If anything it's the bank fault for not verify the validity of the paperwork. TS just threaten to make it look like YJ dad had helped him knowing full well what was going on and we know that was/is not the case.

@kdramafan469,  Didn't he sell his copy of his ledger to TS ? I know TS had all the right forms to move the money but couldn't JW go after the bank ? So YJ dad just let TS punk him with the threat and accepted money from TS only thing he did was made himself look guilty..    

Do I blame YJ for handing over evidence that would toss TS in jail!? Technically I can,  but it doesn't change my mind that she's a complete idiot!

I still stand by my assertions that TS and family will wind up losing the company since TS committee fraud in order to obtain wealth. Rules of kdrama still says TS will lose the company and his entire fortune. Kdramas tend to love to stripe the bad guy of all their power and wealth in order to humble them. 

Rules of kdrama does state that TS family will pay back  every cent to JW family for what they've done to them.

Do I blame YJ for handing over evidence that would toss TS in jail!? Technically I can,  but it doesn't change my mind that she's a complete idiot!

I still stand by my assertions that TS and family will wind up losing the company since TS committee fraud in order to obtain wealth. Rules of kdrama still says TS will lose the company and his entire fortune. Kdramas tend to love to stripe the bad guy of all their power and wealth in order to humble them. 

Rules of kdrama does state that TS family will pay back  every cent to JW family for what they've done to them.

@triton823,  I hope he don't cop out and try and kill himself wanting people to feel sorry for his wife and son, He will pull something to try and save they faces only to loose they face in the end.. I wouldn't be surprised if they try and leave the country with the remaining of JW family fortune Ts probably stashed away under another name and identity..  

@valsava No Yj dad did not sell the account book. TS threatened to have him and his family, friends whoever all jammed up and sent to jail. That's why he recorded the conversation. The conversation was "current proof"...words right out of his own mouth of him threatening witnesses. Even his lawyer told him they couldn't fight that recording because it was him saying  those words. There would be no way he could get out of it. The recording was more valuable than the account books which is why I say they was stupid for just leaving it in an office desk. They had already threatened TS with it so of course he would be out to get it, yet they leave it in the first place even I would have looked for (the office).

@Triton823  No I believe that TS will lose everything in the end, but that doesn't mean JW will become the new owner of Best GLobal.The most JW and family will get is substantial shares in the company but lets face it JW is no business man capable of running a Global company.  The board of directors would be imbeciles to give up their company to him.

Recap of Episode 45 today (looks like my recaps are more like translations of most conversations, these days!)

We start with the ending scenes from last week. JA says when ES asks if it was right that she was her real mom, "Yes, I am. Right. I gave birth to you. S what? Be thankful that I only dumped you with Seon Hui eonni."  ES, who still thinks SJ is her dad, mentioned him, and JA says "are you crazy? would I do that to Seon Hui eonni?". Now ES also knows that her dad maybe somebody else.[JA does not tell her anything else though, so things may not be clear to ES].

ES gets a call from SH. She tells "whatever TS says, you're my daughter". ES continues crying. "I liked you so much since childhood.  How can you not be my mom?". She said she will call later and hung up

JW is looking at a picture of his dad with TS. YJ comes in and sees the picture at the fruits agency. She asks how TS could have no conscience at all etc. JW says he doesn't know about TS, but that HD certainly must have a guilty conscience but was only having to pick his family (sorta like he understands HD's behavior). YJ sympathizes with the plight all 3 of them are in (JW, HD and ES). Nothing serious in their scenes as always.  Stepmom walks and tells them that she doesn't know where ES is and that TS had told ES that she is JA's daughter. JW is shown walking out of the police station soon, after checking if they knew anything.

ES wearily walks - and straight to Best Global.  Runs into HD who stops.  Looks at her with pain in his face, turns and walks straight back to the office without a word.

Eun Ha is crying asking where her eonni has gone.  JA seems hardly bothered and tells her not to tell anybody that she met that ajeossi (TS, that is).

It's morning and JW is coming home after walking around looking for ES all night. The grandma yells at SH but only because she is just sad. She just talks about how SJ asked her to look after ES etc.  JA is hearing it from inside her room.  Everybody just crying and even JA gets a tinge of tears in her eyes I guess.

JA meets TS and complains about things. That ES had gone away from home. She asks him why he is lying that she did it all to SJ.  He says "it is not a lie. It's the truth.  This is all started by you. Had you not escaped with money, I wouldn't have thought of doing thst to SJ".  He tells her that she doesn't look different than ES. And she says "HD is like you, I guess.  What? You don't like to hear that?". She yells a little and walks out.

TS with the secretary. He asks the secretary how the inquiries were going, about what JA was doing in the US (huh? like he hadn't done that yet?).  The sec'y says he was still looking, and asks if there's any problem. TS says "No. She's the kind of woman who'll be all fine with money".

Looks like JW called HD.  HD drives up and meets him on some street.  JW asks, "did ES call you?".  HD says "we're over, don't you know?".  JW: "If even by chance she calls, let me know".  HD says curtly "even if she calls, I won't take it.  And tell her not to come looking for me". That was a hint for JW, who asks "so ES came looking for you? When? When was it?".  HD acts tough and says, "yesterday in front of the offices". JW - "she didn't come again?".  HD - "For what? Now who cares?".  JW hold him by his shirt and turns to go.  Now, HD's expression changes.  He holds JW back and asks, "huh, you mean she has not come home since yesterday? What's the deal? Tell me!!".  JW tells HD that TS told ES who her real mom is. JW says he very briefly had thoughts whether they could have the two families and HD-ES go back to how things were, and whether things could be different if TS wasn't connected to his father's death. He ended it saying "but, I cannot forgive your father".

Now it is all hitting HD like we expected.  He is driving like a mad man.  He gets back to the company and buries hiss head in his hands remembering ES coming the previous night there.

Okay, here comes the the usual time-filler scene. That means the most pointless character (YJ's mom) is on screen wasting some time talking something useless with YJ.

YJ is at JW's house like she is some sort of a daughter-in-law (LOL), giving the stepmom some soup. She says some comforting stuff about how much ES loved SH etc. Nice lines from YJ but nothing serious. She says " I know my friend. ES will come back".  Now YJ's mom also comes (with some side dishes).  She's surprised that YJ is there.  She finds that YJ had brought a lot of stuff from their fridge to JW's house!!  They get home and she grumbles at YJ - "it's because of JW, right?".

The orphanage director calls SH. She and JW run over there. The old lady says ES had come there and was looking at SH's pictures, which she also found out only later, from one of the kids at the orphanage.  The kid says she was just sitting at the orphanage bench and looking at pictures on her cell phone.  The kid says she showed him the pictures and that he said they both looked a lot alike.  SH asks if she was all right and if she was crying.  The kid gets hassled as he doesn't know anything else.

JW is at the cemetery (his dad's grave, probably). A bouquet is there,left by somebody the previous day, as per the guy at the cemetery.

Now YJ's mom is at the fruits office, grumbling to YJ about her working there which she thinks is because of JW, I guess.  More useless minutes... The dad and old-boss come in.  She was saying how he doesn't trust that stingy-fish guy that her husband is working with, etc -- and he hears it. She goes "hello" and he replies "wonder how a stingy-fish gets a hello".  (The word "ppaengdaengi" literally means "Large-eyed-herring", a fish.  But I believe it is a word for a shameless stingy fellow).  She tries to say that it was about her husband, and now the hubby is not happy.  Supposedly funny, so I tried to laugh.  But Can we move on please? ...  Anyway, the old boss says JW slept/works there overnight there and mentions they are sorry for not paying him.  YJ shows her displeasure that they are not paying JW (and mom goes, why do you care?). Mom asks why he isn't around and the old guys say he was not there the previous night.  Again, I have trouble paying close attention to details when YJ's mom is on screen, because I know it never matters.

YJ finds JW sitting at the usual cafe. She goes and sits by him. "No news on ES?". JW says she was at his father's grave and that she must be finding it very hard. "What i did for the family's sake has made it even harder for ES"

The secretary tells TS that he is getting a (national) Presidential Business Award or something.  He says "my wife would be happy".  And Su Gyeong is talking about that with some "Madame" and thanking her for helping her husband.  Maybe SG played a part in this. Perhaps that madame Pak (because TS threatened her earlier?). Or maybe it was that minister's wife for whom she made veggie-stake in one early episode? Not sure.  At the JW household, Grandmom, Stepmom and Aunt see the news on TV and get all mad.

SH tells JW that what ES wants is the first thing for her. "Now, what do we do with TS?".  JW says he will take care of it and not to worry.  Then we see him walking out of the courthouse.  We see TS opening and envelope and looking at it.  It looks like JW filed a case against TS

Sh tells JA that the case has been filed and that TS must have got it.  She thanks JA for the help (she is still expecting JA to give testimony for her?). JA says "of course, the case should be filed" ... but her look says otherwise.

Now ES meets TS. TS asks if it's about HD and she says "No. Not for HD.  I came to see you".  HD's old warehouse boss sees her going with TS at the offices. He finds HD sitting on a bench and tells him that his "pretty girlfriend" was meeting the chairman, and that young people shouldn't be given so much trouble in dating (He still doesn't know who HD is. lol).

ES asks TS why he told her who her real mom was. TS: "Is even informing you of the truth a problem? After all, it's about your bloodline".  ES says "she isn't so great for you to rush to tell me of the bloodline".  He asks "are you suspecting that I was lying?".  She says she doesn't think he's lying, but wanted to to know WHY he decided to tell her now, "when you know clearly that I have split up with HD anyway.  Wasn't it because you wanted to inflict an injury on me?  Weren't you best friends with my father? Even knowing how he was with my mother, must you have told me? Did you want so much to hurt my family?".  TS asks - "so, what is it that you want to know?". She tells him "I am my mom's daughter and my oppa's sister. That is absolutely not changing".  She walks out and HD was running in.  She stops and she simply walks by.

Another sad and weary walk on the street by ES when she remembers road scenes of the past with her mom at those roadside spots. She sees the stepmom outside the house. "Im back, mom". Touching hug and flowing tears.

JW gets a call from SH that ES was back. The aunt is also told. She is at the hospital where she had taken the grandma (free medical care; so Koreans sometimes run to the hospital saying they are under stress and get an IV for it; no kidding!).  ES gets home and EH is all happy.  JA just says "you're back?"  A cold look from ES to JA, that's it.  She goes in and sits with SH saying "I like this; Mom's smell".  SH tells her to forget everything that TS told her, and says sorry for not telling her first. "ES, I hate your heart getting hurt. I fear that. So, small consolation as it is, I want you not to get hurt anymore".  ES tells her, "for getting shocked at first about this and making you hurt more inside, I am sorry, mom.  I am alright.  Thanks for raising me. I am so happy to be your mom".

Grandma runs back. Maybe she actually got an IV, because she is all energy, putting on some fake anger an the silly brat for disappearing. Again, JA is watching with her usual look on the face like she is upset that this is all happening. Wench.  What the hell is she thinking?

HD comes home and Dad calls him to his office. He says, "just hearing that ES left from home has thrown you into a loop? Yeah right, it's over, it's over. Only in words or what?".  HD retorts, "It's indeed over. Father, you made sure it would end, right? From 25 years ago, the moment you did that to JW's family, this could be nothing but a relationship that had to end. But still, was there any need to tell her who her mother was, and that too, that it was the woman that destroyed her family? Even if you hadn't told ES, this relations was over already. There was no need to inflict deliberate hurt on Eun Su!!! .... Why did you do that? Father, there was nothing but this that you could do?"

SG comes in. "What bs are you saying to your dad?  Eun Su? You think your dad told her who her real mom was?".  One has to feel for the plight of that woman, who still tries to stand by her man.  "Give it a rest, mom", says HD.  Mom: "if you are going to be like this, leave the house".  HD goes, "I ain't leaving.  Embarrassing as my father is, I am going to stick around. Because of the bloodline, I can't end this. Whatever my father says, I will have to stay beside him and take instructions".  SG tries to yell at him and TS stops her - "Both of you leave. I want to be alone".

JW with SH.  She asks whether there is a chance for things to work.  He says yes, because they have evidence and it's the most important proof. But he asks if she trusts Jeong Ae. We don't hear her answer but clearly both are quite suspicious of her.

Su Gyeong is with the chairman and saying generalities about knowing that he lives, and does things only for the family. Also about now understanding why SH was sensitive about ES. That she herself would be like that if she knew of the mom to be somebody like JA, etc. She says, "you like fair-play in a fight, right? However bad the situation is, you wouldn't deliberately do that to people, isn't that so?" He says "what do you want to know?"  She says, "your answer. I will believe you in your answer". He says he will think about it (whatever that means!).  SG asks the ajumma to get the driver.

TS is in his office and SG calls from the car, "You have nothing to do with this Eun Su issue, right?". He goes, "are you still on that topic?". SG: "It's important for me. I must hear from you. If it's like this, I can only be taking what HD said to be the truth (that it was TS that told ES about her mom, I think).  Should I go on my own, thinking like that? If so, can you handle what I would do after that?" ... TS is worried but lies, "I never did anything like that. It is just HD misunderstanding it. Who knows what ES has said to HD?"  She says, "fine, I will trust you. When I am insisting like this, I know you wouldn't lie."  Then she adds "so now, all we need to get is a straight apology on it", surprising him.  Well, she is already in front of ES' house, as she tells him. "I will get an apology from them for lying that you said something". TS: "Su Gyeong!".  She continues, "no matter what, you won't lie to me about such a thing. Am I not right? We are partners after all".  TS is stumped.

Seeing the news and picture of TS on the TV, the kiddo blurts out, "whys is that ajeossi on TV?".  SH asks her how she knows him. EH says, "on Mom's birthday, she took me and EunSu to see him" (and covers her mouth). JA walks out of the bathroom, to sharp stares at her, and an apologetic kiddo.  SH asks JA if she did that.  She yells "did you take ES to see him? Was it coincidental or did you deliberately do that??"  END of episode.

[The preview shows TS's wife saying that they are "over". Yay!! ... HD and ES seem to be getting closer again? TS meets his mom and asks what he should do about Dad.]

I liked today's episode.  Nothing too good or too bad, but the story is moving along. Still trying to figure out why TS met ES and said what he said in the last episode. What was his idea? It seems like it hasn't helped him much. 

Unfortunately the rules of kdrama make it clear that hd and family will lose everything....ill gotten gains my friends. Hd is simply trying to save his dad but unfortuntely he can not save him and karma is coming for him.

agree  yj  is  a  complete  fool!  and  any  attempt  for  him  to  end  up  with  ji  wan  will  be  illogical  and absurd.  bring  back mi  jin  at  the  end  of the  drama so  she  can  be  reunited  with  ji  wan.

i  believe  in  reconciliation  under  jsutice  and  restitution.  yes,  tae  su  can  ask  for  forgiveness  but  he  must  also  give  back  the  money  and  shares  he  stole  with  corresponding  diviidends  and  itnerests.  i'm  still  trying  to  figure  out  why t ae  su  did  that  is  it  because  of  greed,  envy  etc.  etc.  ji  wan's  father  came  from  a  good  background,  rich,  while  he  had  nothing  but  what  i  can't  fathom  is  why  he  would make it  appear  that  he  did  ji  wan  a  favor  in  getting  him  inside  the  company.  as  if  he  was  rubbing  it  in  to  sang  jun."  as  if  to  say  he,  your  son  son  is  begging  for  work,  remember  how  i  asked  for  a  job  from you?"  this  man  has  a  very  deep  inferiority  complex.

I feel HD has a copy of the USB. He is holding onto it to give his father a final chance to confess and apologise. In K dramas, everything is forgiven after "I'm Sorry" when the evil doer may not even feel an iota of remorse. HD's father committed embezzlement, theft, blackmail, intimidation and may even had a hand in SJ's death. A mere apology would never be enough.

Archived