[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

Awww, HY must've been touched for IW to treat her as a lady by getting her a bracelet.  Poor girl, she must have never felt feminine after she left the palace for Japan.  It must be nice for her to feel pretty, though she already looks it even as a guy.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suspense is killing me!!!…what happened at the Episode 16 preview?!  Did that double agent catch on as to who HY really is, that she's the Princess?  How about the ending part of that video preview?  Did something happen to the Queen Dowager??? 

Episode 15

The scene Gwanghaegun at meal time suddenly turn into a culinary expert

I assume that most of us have seen Dae Jang Geum & seen the functional of a Royal Kitchen

Just for information Gyeongbokgung Palace had restore the Royal Kitchen that was destroyed during the 1915 colonial rule & after 100 years later is due to open to the public in May 2015 during Royal Palace Cultural Festival

The other restoration that is due this year is Heungbokjeon, a meeting place for foreign ambassadors.

The King table setting for a meal is called Surasang (literally table set with Sura - Sura means a meal prepare for the King or Queen), usually serve in bronzeware called bangjja (방짜) or Yugi (유기)

The place or kitchen where "sura" was prepared was called suragan or sojubang & the final details (QC check) is done in the Toeseongan, there is also a Sanggwabang that prepares a variety of desserts, such as fresh fruit, cooked fruit, baked goods, tea, fruit punch and porridge

The "Surasang" table setting consist of 3 table setting & hotpot, for the scene in episode 15, there is only 2 table setting & a hotpot, all table setting has attendance (palace maid) in waiting

1st table setting which is the largest & brought in front of the King had 21 dishes

2nd table setting which is at the side, has 4 dishes consist of protein & vegetable attended by a Senior Palace Maid

3rd table setting has 8 dishes mainly stew with meat base broth & raw fish

4th table setting is a hotpot heated with charcoal usually casserole type of dishes

You can savour the Royal Cuisine at Jihwaja (지화자) at Insadong, the proprietor Han Bok Ryo who was the technical advisor to Daejanggeum

Line 3 Anguk Station Exit 5, walks 50m straight to SK HUB Plaza. Jihwaja is located on the first floor (ground) of the building.

Information regarding Queen Inmok, historically she is known as Queen Dowager Inmok

Queen Dowager Inmok (1582-1632) married Seonjo when she was 19 in 1602 had Princess Jeongmyeong the following year in 1603 then Grand Prince Yeongchang in 1606. In 1608, Seonjo dies & she became Queen Dowager. 1614 Gwanghaegun accused her father & son Grand Prince Yeongchang for usurp to the throne & was executed for treason

1617, Gwanghaegun receive the endorsement for his Kingship from Ming Emperor, Queen Dowager Inmok was place in house arrest in Gyeongun-gung (now Deoksugung) for 5 years. 1622 there was an attempt on Queen Dowager Inmok life but was foil & she escape death

1623 Injo Restoration of Rectitude, Queen Dowager Inmok was reinstate to her position when they wanted to seek legitimate authority endorsement from Queen Inmok for their cause

Queen Dowager Imok who detest Gwanghaegun & Kim Gae Shi for the death of her father & son, wanted them to bring the head of Gwanghaegun & son before her then she will render her endorsement, (something like bring Gwanghaegun & his son head before me then we can talk) after much persuasion from public sentiment, she relent

Queen Inmok died in 1632 at the aged of 49

The book Gye Chuk Il Gi (계축일기) suppose to have written by a palace maid records Queen Inmok story. KBS did a drama Seogong (서궁1995) which is based on this book. Lee Young Ae played the character Kim Gae Shi in this drama

This is one of the 3 books written by ladies in the palace beside The story Queen Inhyeon & Memoirs of Lady Hyegyeong

Love triangle has sparked: Hwa Yi & Joo Won & In Woo

2015/06/01 | 101 views | 0 Comments | Permalink | Source

photo598883.jpg

Seo Kang-joon and Han Juwan started fighting over Lee Yeon-hee.

On the 15th episode of MBC's "Splendid Politics", the subtle love triangle sparked between Hong Joo-won (Seo Kang-joon) and Kang In-woo (Han Juwan) over Hwa-yi (Princess Jeongmyeong, Lee Yeon-hee).

While In-woo started feeling love towards Jeongmyeong, the love triangle began.

When In-woo gave Jeong-myeong a bracelet, he grabbed her wrist without hesitation. When Joo-won found out about this, it made him real jealous.

Gerrytan8063 said

Episode 15

The scene Gwanghaegun at meal time suddenly turn into a culinary expert

I assume that most of us have seen Dae Jang Geum & seen the functional of a Royal Kitchen

Just for information Gyeongbokgung Palace had restore the Royal Kitchen that was destroyed during the 1915 colonial rule & after 100 years later is due to open to the public in May 2015 during Royal Palace Cultural Festival

The other restoration that is due this year is Heungbokjeon, a meeting place for foreign ambassadors.

The King table setting for a meal is called Surasang (literally table set with Sura - Sura means a meal prepare for the King or Queen), usually serve in bronzeware called bangjja (방짜) or Yugi (유기)

The place or kitchen where "sura" was prepared was called suragan or sojubang & the final details (QC check) is done in the Toeseongan, there is also a Sanggwabang that prepares a variety of desserts, such as fresh fruit, cooked fruit, baked goods, tea, fruit punch and porridge

The "Surasang" table setting consist of 3 table setting & hotpot, for the scene in episode 15, there is only 2 table setting & a hotpot, all table setting has attendance (palace maid) in waiting

1st table setting which is the largest & brought in front of the King had 21 dishes

2nd table setting which is at the side, has 4 dishes consist of protein & vegetable attended by a Senior Palace Maid

3rd table setting has 8 dishes mainly stew with meat base broth & raw fish

4th table setting is a hotpot heated with charcoal usually casserole type of dishes

You can savour the Royal Cuisine at Jihwaja (지화자) at Insadong, the proprietor Han Bok Ryo who was the technical advisor to Daejanggeum

Line 3 Anguk Station Exit 5, walks 50m straight to SK HUB Plaza. Jihwaja is located on the first floor (ground) of the building.

[선감상 후본방] <화정> "본능이여 깨어나라!" 차광해 in '차줌마'  이미지-1

MBC

Such a sweet moment. In Woo is a keeper. I hope they end up together. I'm not getting any chemistry at all with Joo Won and the Princess. 

The queen mother is also about to become a player again. Loved the look on Gwanghae's face when the Ming decided to snub him in favour of her. I'd like to see how she can start interfering with his politics. 

Episode 15

Gwanghaegun having his surasang, as he takes a spoonful of soup

There will be 2 soup that will be at offer on his table setting one is Gwangtang (곽탕 -seaweed soup), the other is tojang jochi (토장 조치 - soybean soup)

Gwanghaegun with his brother in law Ryu Hee Bun (Mun Chang Bu Won Gun, 문창부원군,文昌府院君) asking for posting in the "arsenal" bureau

China impose imposed severe restrictions on exporting gunpowder to Joseon, fiercely guarded military asset. Yet gunpowder weapons were key to the Joseon in maintaining a predominant navy in the East Sea to protect fishermen & merchants against the increasing numbers of invading Japanese pirates. In response, there was an effort by Koreans to develop gunpowder on their own. Korea first began production of gunpowder during the period 1374–76. In 1377 a Korean scholar named Chow Mu Seon discovered a way to obtain it by extracting potassium nitrate from the soil then obtaining a recipe from the Chinese commodity (OEM) produce gunpowder domestically. He wrote 2 books on the gunpowder. Gunpowder was also the winning arsenal in Admiral Yi Sun Shin battle in his turtle ship against the Japanese

Gwanhaegun picks the japchae (잡채) with his chopstick then puts it down then goes for another dish & eats it. The Japchae Minister (Yi Chu) then asked why Gwanghaegun didn't savour his japchae & dare to asked Gwanghaegun for an explanation

Gwanghaegun: Japchae (he had to look around in his 21 dishes), are you referring to this

Gwanghaegun picks it up with his chopstick

Japchae Minister: yes....I had heard that Cheonha didn't have very much of an appetite therefore I have especially pick the fresh of produce (vegetable)

Gwanghaegun puts the japchae down

Gwanghaegun: It has gone limp (overcook)

Japchae Minister: What...how could it be limp...this is japchae dish

Gwanghaegun: Although it is said by you that you have use fresh produce (vegetables), but however not being said that it has been cook for a very long time that it had becomes not be savoury to the palate, the seasoning between the meat & vegetable (yachae,야채) will not be a well balance taste, the taste had deteriorate & will not be deem delicious...My advice to you, how about that you go & seek another alternative cooking method for the dish

Japchae Minister thanked Gwanghaegun for his advice

Gwanghaegun Queen is Queen Munseong Of Ryu clan (1576-1623). Ryu Hee Bun (Mun Chang Bu Won Gun, 문창부원군,文昌府院君 1564-1623) is the 3rd elder brother to Queen Munseong. He eventually became an official in Ministry of Military Affairs (兵曹判書, Byeongjo Pan Seo, 병조판서)

The title Bu Won Gun (부원군,府院君) is given to Queen Immediate Male Family Members

@‌MadraRua

"In Woo is a keeper. I hope they end up together. I'm not getting any chemistry at all with Joo Won and the Princess."

History doesn't permit that, Princess Jeongmyeong will marry Hong Joo Won, or else she can't be the maternal great great grandmother of Jeongjo (Hong Bong Han grandfather to Jeongjo is the 6th descendant of Princess Jeongmyeong & Hong Joo Won, title Prince Yeong An Hwi 영안위,永安尉)

Hwi (위,尉) is title given to the Princess Husband (Consort)

@‌MadraRua

"In Woo is a keeper. I hope they end up together. I'm not getting any chemistry at all with Joo Won and the Princess."

History doesn't permit that, Princess Jeongmyeong will marry Hong Joo Won, or else she can't be the maternal great great grandmother of Jeongjo (Hong Bong Han grandfather to Jeongjo is the 6th descendant of Princess Jeongmyeong & Hong Joo Won, title Prince Yang An Hwi 영안위,永安尉)

Hwi (위,尉) is title given to the Princess Husband (Consort)

​Sorry @MadraRua,  seems like our Team In Woo is not going to work out...  :(
We can still enjoy the smiles In Woo has for the Princess, though.  
I don't think there is one single scene so far that Joo Won smiles to her!  Joo Won looks more like Hwa Yi's legal advisor...

화정-HD Photo TopStarNews.Net

as tagged

Archived