Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

3 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Welcome to the thread @rahma92! Continue posting!

Hi gumtaek, thanks for sharing this.  So, this time in HK at the AsiaWorld-Expo Arena in January of next year.  So NICE to know that Bogum would be returning to host this special episode.   The special episode will feature a star-studded line-up of performers. :P

11 New K-Dramas Premiering In November

November’s bringing with it a ton of new K-dramas, including “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” and “Feel Good to Die,” which premiered this week!

Check out 11 new dramas you can look forward to this month:

“Encounter”

park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo1.jpg

Starring: Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, Block B’s P.O, and more

Premiere: November 28 on tvN

Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo), who never once got to live the life she wanted, meets the young, free-spirited Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) on a trip abroad.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

November 9, 2018

Park Bo Gum to be MC of 'Music Bank in Hong Kong'

Park Bo Gum will be the MC of 'Music Bank in Hong Kong' which will be held on January 19, 2019 in Asia World Expo Arena in Hong Kong.

1541741620.jpg

Park Bo Gum was the MC of 'Music Bank' in Singapore, Jakarta, Chile and Berlin.

K-Pop stars like and TWICE, Ailee, FTISLAND, MONSTA X, Seventeen, and N'UEST W will be performing at the tour.

'Music Bank World Tour' is transmitted to 117 countries through KBS World. It began in 2011 in Japan, and it has visited France, Hong Kong, Chile, Indonesia, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, Vietnam, Singapore and Berlin.

[Image source: Blossom Entertainment]

credit : KBS Global

• Like 1

@4evgbogummy was generous enough to translate this interview.

There was this interview of the two CEOs of Bon Factory, On Gwang Hee and Mun Seok Hwan. Bon Factory, as you well know is the production company of Boyfriend.

The interview took up the history of the company, how they started from scratch and how to this day, they have remained the same...no website,  the office still in the same location with only 6 employees. They have done 9 projects in the last 10 years and their current worth is 40 billion won.

One of their biggest learnings had to do with a failed project ( I will not mention the name of the drama which flopped badly; it was one of the lowest rated this year) which pained them a lot. The lesson was the importance of the script. They mentioned that although quality production requires a lot of planning, research and thinking behind it, the script is the most important.

It is logical then that Bon Factory, drawing from the lesson that the script is the most important, will not invest in a drama that will not meet this most important criterion. If they invested in the drama Boyfriend, it is because they saw that the script is good and worth investing in.

Moreover, as I've mentioned in my previous post, I learned that SHK chooses her projects carefully. As a Park Bo Gum fan, I only know too well that he really studies thoroughly all the drama projects offered to him Several times, as a fan, I admit to getting impatient about his comeback project and his turning down several projects in the past (which in hindsight, were wise moves based on how the dramas turned out) but then again if you consider his drama projects and roles since 2015, all of these were well-received and acclaimed/praised. So if they both accepted then there must be something promising and worthwhile in the project.

Sorry for the long post.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

@4evgbogummy was generous enough to translate this interview.

There was this interview of the two CEOs of Bon Factory, On Gwang Hee and Mun Seok Hwan. Bon Factory, as you well know is the production company of Boyfriend.

The interview took up the history of the company, how they started from scratch and how to this day, they have remained the same...no website,  the office still in the same location with only 6 employees. They have done 9 projects in the last 10 years and their current worth is 40 billion won.

One of their biggest learnings had to do with a failed project ( I will not mention the name of the drama which flopped badly; it was one of the lowest rated this year) which pained them a lot. The lesson was the importance of the script. They mentioned that although quality production requires a lot of planning, research and thinking behind it, the script is the most important.

It is logical then that Bon Factory, drawing from the lesson that the script is the most important, will not invest in a drama that will not meet this most important criterion. If they invested in the drama Boyfriend, it is because they saw that the script is good and worth investing in.

Moreover, as I've mentioned in my previous post, I learned that SHK chooses her projects carefully. As a Park Bo Gum fan, I only know too well that he really studies thoroughly all the drama projects offered to him Several times, as a fan, I admit to getting impatient about his comeback project and his turning down several projects in the past (which in hindsight, were wise moves based on how the dramas turned out) but then again if you consider his drama projects and roles since 2015, all of these were well-received and acclaimed/praised. So if they both accepted then there must be something promising and worthwhile in the project.

Sorry for the long post.

For me, I want to give it a try,

I know the writer have two flop drama before, thats why people think this drama will be flop too. but still, many of her movies was a hit (long visit, hyung, miracle in cell, wedding dress). Maybe the writer not really good in romance comedy (both her flop drama was romance comedy), but boyfriend is mellowdrama, this is her thing (look at her movies). thats why I'm not worried about that. :grin:

I'm more worried about the competitor, Hyunbin drama looks so good. I'm afraid people will get hype about it, and forget about bogum (like goblin with the legend of blue sea) 

I dont know how thing work in korea thought, love in the moonlight totally a miss for me. but fortunately it becomes hit in korea hahaha 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

For me, I want to give it a try,

I know the writer have two flop drama before, thats why people think this drama will be flop too. but still, many of her movies was a hit (long visit, hyung, miracle in cell, wedding dress). Maybe the writer not really good in romance comedy (both her flop drama was romance comedy), but boyfriend is mellowdrama, this is her thing (look at her movies). thats why I'm not worried about that. :grin:

I'm more worried about the competitor, Hyunbin drama looks so good. I'm afraid people will get hype about it, and forget about bogum (like goblin with the legend of blue sea) 

I dont know how thing work in korea thought, love in the moonlight totally a miss for me. but fortunately it becomes hit in korea hahaha 

In terms of time slots and networks, these two are not really competitors but I would understand if they are pitted against each other...leads of both dramas are big stars. In terms of genre...although both have romance in it...MoA has a bit of suspense and mystery  to it, right?

• Like 2

I just got into Bogum 2 months ago and I've already finished all his dramas and variety shows. Now I'm experiencing major withdrawal and can't wait for his next drama. I tried to ignore Park Bogum for so long even though he's practically everywhere because I didn't wanna fall into the Bogum hole but look where I am now. I've always thought he was attractive but it was really his acting skills that made me fall in love with him. He's the type of actor that would make you wanna pause and replay his scenes because his facial expressions are just so good; they're very minimal but he conveys every emotion clearly. I've noticed his talent of micro-expressions first in Love in the Moonlight and I fell in love with him even more in Reply 1988 because of his ability to convey his emotions through someone as stoic and straight-faced as Choi Taek. And of course, let's not forget his break through role in I Remember You. He gave me major chills.

AHHH I hope his next drama's successful. He deserves it so much. A lot of people are doubting his upcoming drama because of the script writer and also the general plot but I trust in Hyekyo and Bogum. I really doubt they would choose a bad drama as their comeback project after their success in 2016.

Side note, but does anyone know where I can access subbed videos of the behind the scenes on Reply 1988? A lot have already been taken down on youtube, sadly :( I just can't get over that drama 

• Like 6

Just now, gumtaek said:

In terms of time slots and networks, these two are not really competitors but I would understand if they are pitted against each other...leads of both dramas are big stars. In terms of genre...although both have romance in it...MoA has a bit of suspense and mystery  to it, right?

and fantasy. *Psst* I think TVN tried their best to promote this drama, they give update for almost every day. 

Goblin and the legend of blue sea have different time slot too, both have high rating. but people just talking about Gongyoo. this is what I mean.

But still, I hope boyfriend will be successful :heart: Bo gum fanbase is big in korea, right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rahma92 said:

and fantasy. *Psst* I think TVN tried their best to promote this drama, they give update for almost every day. 

Goblin and the legend of blue sea have different time slot too, both have high rating. but people just talking about Gongyoo. this is what I mean.

But still, I hope boyfriend will be successful :heart: Bo gum fanbase is big in korea, right? 

Yes, he is considered a superstar, a top star in SK and even internationally based on the turn-out in his fan meetings. Aside from his hit dramas, his hallyu status is also helped by the fact he emcees the Music Bank World Tour in several countries abroad. 

• Like 1

Needless to say, the romance between the two (Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum) is  already so exciting.

The audience may end up “in a mess”. We will be back to a 'Park Bogum era'  again. His  acting  is  very

good. During the script reading, the people present would squeal every time Park Bo Gum said his lines. 

Trans by @4evgbogummy

Tweeted by @sword0616

@httpgttk  gumtaek informed you about bts video. and  we  watched reply 88 for 2, 3 times to treat our withdrawal :). if you got time you can read " the suntaek thread ( i am not a shipper but lots of interesting write up / video / findings are there if you are a reply fan. and also https://reply1988.com/blog/ and

@rahma92  thanks !  i am a bit concern for boy friend's script as well.

Spoiler

the other drama got EXO chanyol so idol fans are hyping the drama. and actress fan left many comments on tvn for not promoting enough for their drama ( when  one and only bf teaser come out) so tvn keeps promoting their drama and come out with pictures daily.  both bogum and heykyo fans are shy and not hype the drama like others.   Actually their drama not required to promote at all bcos they film with high budget/  netflix drama .

• Like 1