[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest dawnshine

only1khj said: Question: Is the actor playing the villain, I think his initials are WSR, is he also playing Hyun Bin's dad in Kill Me Heal Me?  If he is, how is it possible to live that kind of filming schedule?  Amazing!

Guest dawnshine

trixie1029 said: I saw an interview of OYS where she said she planned to rest after Jang Bo Ri but after learning that JH would become her leading man she agreed to do SoGC at once. I'm sure glad she did. She's very likable as SY/GB! I'm crazy for her dimples. SoGC is a dimple-laden drama, lol. JH, OYS, HL, Chung Ah all have dimples...:) Me envious...;)

Guest dawnshine

class="yt watch-title-container" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"빛나거나 미치거나 <Making:Ep.8 Herb Kiss> 'Shine or Go Crazy'
http://youtu.be/oJru7U3hlCs

Cr: Just...JangHyuk1220

Only caught few minutes of Hyde, Jekyll, Me , but to answer your question. Yes, the actor who played WSR (WS' uncle) is also playing HB's dad in HJM. I guess he doesn't have that many scenes for both dramas, so he could juggle both projects at the same time. I've seen artists (veterans) juggling 3 dramas in one time slot before. They are just very professional and hardworking!

That man is also in a weekend drama lol. But that happens pretty often with supporting roles...their schedule is notas demanding as lead actors (just compare WSR screen time and AS screen time lol), and good supporting actors are always wanted. People alsodon't get 'tired of' supporting actors so it is not rare for some top supporting actors to be in several dramas at the same time

anomaka said: The astrologist didn't necessarily predict the wrong lady. Both SY and YW were meant to bring light to WS to shine. They were both born of the NorthStar meant to bring light to his cursed destiny . If you go back and watch the first five minutes of Ep 01, which is like the epilogue of this whole drama, everything is explained: The only two people who could help him break his curse were a princess of Goryeo (YW) or the last princess of Ballae (YS). He's actually lucky to be married to both of his saviors, although he only loves YS. I also think the "poison" YW gave the king is not meant to kill him but to make it so he can be declared incompetent/unfit to rule. Maybe he'll be paranoid or something. 

gumi said: I know history bits have been already shared, but...just for those who are interested, translation of another history article that was posted in DC SoGC gallery today. Let's keep in mind, he's not the same with our fictional character Wang So, but his more like a motif WS was based off of.
Disclaimer: They are not whole translation, I just took some excerpts.
(...) a 'controversial figure' is related. It is Gwang Jong who is evaluated as the one who prepared the base for 500 years of Goryeo.
Gwang Jong has ambivalent evaluation and is viewed in two extremely different lights: 'an excellent reformer' and 'a bloody purger'. There's a lot of story behind him, the third son of Wang Gun, becoming the king. The first son Mu (Hye Jong) and second son Yo (Jeong Jong) all died early. Hye Jong who became the king with the help from Park Sul Hee died in two years, and Jeong Jong who became the king with the help from Wang Shik Ryum died in 4 years due to disease.
Gwang Jong announced the era name 'Gwang Duk', meaning 'spread the virtue', as soon as he became the king. He was eager and ambitious, but did not show his real intention, keeping down and waiting for the timing. It was to avoid the fate of older brothers who died young. Aristocrats were still as strong as ever, controlling over the royal family. 
Gwang Jong, in 956 which is the 7th year of his reign, implements 'slave screening law'. He freed slaves who became slaves for unjust reasons. Implementation of slave screening law weakened the aristocrats' sources of economic and military power, and the nation could strengthen both its storehouse and army by increasing free citizens, so it was a double benefit. 
Two years after, Gwang Jong accepted Ssang Gi from HuJu's suggestion, and started examination system. Gwang Jong himself stood on Wui Bong Ru and announced names of the qualified ones. Those new officials who got their posts through examination naturally became the king's supporters.
Gwang Jong kept going until he reaches the most extreme card, 'purging'. In 960, which was the 11th year of his reign, he was reported that JunHeung and WangDong and their followers were planning a rebellion, and he started the large scale purging. If anyone gets out of his eyes, or looks suspicious, he killed them. He even killed Prince HeungHwa who was his nephew, and Prince KyungChoonWon who was the son of Jeong Jong. He even doubted Kyung Jong, his own son, and did not let him come close to him.
GwangJong's bloody blade caused morals to collapse, and created a world where no one could trust another person. After Gwang Jong, only a little more than 40 out of 3200 initial Gongshin (those who helped building the country) aristocrats were remaining. It was literally the 'crazy bloodstorm'. 
Some scholars still make positive evaluation of his decade of terror reign, saying "It was an inevitable prescription to complete the reformation". Some innocent officials and aristocrats also got killed, but only through this was the royal power established, making possible the 500 year history of Goryeo dynasty. 

Guest dawnshine

@haymochi Thank you for this! We're anxiously waiting for more tidbits next week and this photo came in timely. Couldn't spot WS and/or SY though. Hey MBC, show us our Prince and Princess! LOL

gumi

said:

dawnshine

said: @only1khj: You wrote, "

Working with JH raises the standard for any hoobae.  He's a master. He brings his best to each scene and brings out the best in those around him. We can look forward to some cinema magic in the weeks ahead. "
I only watched parts of Midas (of JH) and the full FTLY. I didn't like Midas at all. So I don't know if he is always able to raise standard of any hoobae EVERYTIME. But his collaboration with JNR in FTLY and now with OYS in SOGC, do make me love the dramas and the two main leads (of each drama). I would say it's part of JH's credit and it's part of the hoebae's effort and talent too, together with a good script/plot. Having good rapport with your costar is extremely essential especially doing romance drama. Had the hoebae not share the same "wavelength", we won't be able to see chemistry happening. Nevertheless I have to say JH is a very caring shunbae who treats his costars very well, judging from the last two dramas of his - interviews from JNR and OYS respectively revealed so, as well as from the BTS, you see the atmosphere at filming was so warm and fun.
Let's hope SOGC continue to shine more and more, high ratings and receiving good reviews!

Guest dawnshine

@trixie1029 : For months I had FTLY and its OSTs on replay too. I'm so glad that I could give it a break as now I'm replaying SOGC and its OST 2 on replay. Argh can't get you (SOGC and OST 2) out of my head. Ignore me, I'm just a little crazy due to SOGC. Well, not just a little...   [-X

Hi folks! Review is finally up! Sorry for the delay!

class="content-title"Review: “Shine or Go Crazy” Eps 7 and 8 – When Lives are on the Line Shine-or-Go-Crazy-7-8-Review__Feature-80

“That is the reason swords are necessary in this world. That is the reason why a nation needs a King who will create bloodshed.”

Synopsis

Wang So (Jang Hyuk) and Shin Yool (Oh Yeon Soo) successfully sneaks into the palace library. While she’s mesmerized by all the supply of books, he’s completely mesmerized by her, but he snaps himself out of it long enough to slip away while Shin Yool’s absorbed in her reading.

Shine or Go Crazy 7 8 Review_01

Wang So meets with the King and attempts to ease his worries. The Queen catches them and figuratively tosses a bucket of words dipped in poison towards her “cursed” son.

Shine-or-Go-Crazy-7-8-Review_02-540x302.

Meanwhile, Shin Yool has continued her search for So So well into the night. She finds him emotionally battered and bleeding at the entrance of the palace. She scolds him and he hugs her. Of course, who would catch sight of this skinship but Wang Wook (Lim Ju Hwan) with rage burning in his eyes.

Gaebong ends up taking Wang So to Wolhyanglu for drinks. Shenanigans are plentiful as Wang So prevents the gisaengs from revealing his identity, Shin Yool maintains her Gaebong act, jealousy crashes ashore like ocean waves, and an almost kiss is rudely interrupted by a creepy stalker. Yes, you guessed it – Wang Wook.

[click here for full article, including my and LavelyShai's review!]