[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest adele73

I'm jumping too !
i started to watch this drama a couple of week ago (i might have marathonned all the episode lol! ), and it reminds me a bit of coffee prince. But in joseon area. 
I can't wait for the fight of the princes !

Other than the otp acting and chemistry, i really enjoy watching JH action scenes....he is a pro and willing to do everything for the filming. Seems like a very nice actor to work with despite his top actor  status :D
I find the assassins fighting scene are done quite well. Idk why WW's character didn't use stunt for his scene cos he is def not good enough to do those scenes...he is a good actor though, i'm super annoyed by his evilness already.

I think SY man servant will be the first to know WS is a prince and help him in the competition.. He was watching WS skill when he was fighting with mute and pick up on him.. He knows that WS isn't whom he claim to be.. YW and WW will end up fighting against they on Uncle because he wants the throne for himself so those three will end up stabbing each other in the back..  

dawnshine said: @only1khj: You wrote, "Working with JH raises the standard for any hoobae.  He's a master. He brings his best to each scene and brings out the best in those around him. We can look forward to some cinema magic in the weeks ahead. "
I only watched parts of Midas (of JH) and the full FTLY. I didn't like Midas at all. So I don't know if he is always able to raise standard of any hoobae EVERYTIME. But his collaboration with JNR in FTLY and now with OYS in SOGC, do make me love the dramas and the two main leads (of each drama). I would say it's part of JH's credit and it's part of the hoebae's effort and talent too, together with a good script/plot. Having good rapport with your costar is extremely essential especially doing romance drama. Had the hoebae not share the same "wavelength", we won't be able to see chemistry happening. Nevertheless I have to say JH is a very caring shunbae who treats his costars very well, judging from the last two dramas of his - interviews from JNR and OYS respectively revealed so, as well as from the BTS, you see the atmosphere at filming was so warm and fun.
Let's hope SOGC continue to shine more and more, high ratings and receiving good reviews!

haymochi said: Other than the otp acting and chemistry, i really enjoy watching JH action scenes....he is a pro and willing to do everything for the filming. Seems like a very nice actor to work with despite his top actor  status :D
I find the assassins fighting scene are done quite well. Idk why WW's character didn't use stunt for his scene cos he is def not good enough to do those scenes...he is a good actor though, i'm super annoyed by his evilness already.

Guest anomaka

dawnshine said: @cutestrobery: Could the King even live that long? After all the poison is kicking in now, no? What to do? SY is one smart lady and altho she isn't involved with all the politics, she's too popular among them. I think the King would be of lesser threat to her compared to others. At most the King would just send someone to imprison or kill her. But she has Kyung there to protect here, if WS isn't informed about it. It is likely the prince competition only takes place in ep 10, but I'm hoping it would come a little earlier as I can't think of any major development between now till ep 10. It'd be boring to let WS recover in ep 9 and only appear in ep 10 for the competition. However, there could be some plot developments that I couldn't think of, something like the part of YW and WW coming to distract/disturb SY, which would take up most of ep 9. I don't want to guess much and just want to enjoy being surprised by SOGC.
One thing that really puzzles me, how could the astrologist predicted the wrong lady. The star who is meant to bring light to WS to shine is SY, not YW. He better makes up for his big mistake soon.

New BTS released for the herb kiss scene!Not much to translate, but apparently that herb juice was green tea latte, and OYS loved it lol. She was like, hey this is good can I have more? Do you have more? haha.And they had some trouble letting one streak of juice come out of WS's mouth....not much came of his mouth, so she was like oh should I do it with some more, and the next trial too much liquid streaming down his face lol

But SY was the one that has the light birth mark on her hand... As the prophecy states that she was born to bring light for another country and made WS changed his fate.

When the old guy said that that alkaid has met, it was the day when the otp got married not when he married YW.

Both are born from the north star but i think one will bring him light and one will be the one causing the bloodshed disaster.

It's ironic how icy is YW but her inside is so fiery and ambitious while SY is warm but she has that coldness inside her body.

I love how SY's character is not just smart by reading books in the palace as how saeguk shows their smart female leads, she is showing it through her action and experiences . Both her and WS have the leadership traits

I need more epic romanceeee ;;)

Why is today Thursdaaaaaayy

@gumi i lnow OYS is not that well loved internatinally with Idol(kpop) fans. In Korea i think she is loved with older people. After jang bori she became popular again. Before she got popular because of MHGAF. It took her 10 years to becaome popular. She has done many dramas as supporter. I am just happy that she is geeting popular again by her acting skills. I dont know why but almost everyone missunderstands and judges OYS just by looking at her lol. Well oys has a carefree personality and says what she thinks and from what i know she is very easy to feel confortable with.

Anyway i am going to watch these last two ep

I know history bits have been already shared, but...just for those who are interested, translation of another history article that was posted in DC SoGC gallery today. Let's keep in mind, he's not the same with our fictional character Wang So, but his more like a motif WS was based off of.
Disclaimer: They are not whole translation, I just took some excerpts.
(...) a 'controversial figure' is related. It is Gwang Jong who is evaluated as the one who prepared the base for 500 years of Goryeo.
Gwang Jong has ambivalent evaluation and is viewed in two extremely different lights: 'an excellent reformer' and 'a bloody purger'. There's a lot of story behind him, the third son of Wang Gun, becoming the king. The first son Mu (Hye Jong) and second son Yo (Jeong Jong) all died early. Hye Jong who became the king with the help from Park Sul Hee died in two years, and Jeong Jong who became the king with the help from Wang Shik Ryum died in 4 years due to disease.
Gwang Jong announced the era name 'Gwang Duk', meaning 'spread the virtue', as soon as he became the king. He was eager and ambitious, but did not show his real intention, keeping down and waiting for the timing. It was to avoid the fate of older brothers who died young. Aristocrats were still as strong as ever, controlling over the royal family. 
Gwang Jong, in 956 which is the 7th year of his reign, implements 'slave screening law'. He freed slaves who became slaves for unjust reasons. Implementation of slave screening law weakened the aristocrats' sources of economic and military power, and the nation could strengthen both its storehouse and army by increasing free citizens, so it was a double benefit. 
Two years after, Gwang Jong accepted Ssang Gi from HuJu's suggestion, and started examination system. Gwang Jong himself stood on Wui Bong Ru and announced names of the qualified ones. Those new officials who got their posts through examination naturally became the king's supporters.
Gwang Jong kept going until he reaches the most extreme card, 'purging'. In 960, which was the 11th year of his reign, he was reported that JunHeung and WangDong and their followers were planning a rebellion, and he started the large scale purging. If anyone gets out of his eyes, or looks suspicious, he killed them. He even killed Prince HeungHwa who was his nephew, and Prince KyungChoonWon who was the son of Jeong Jong. He even doubted Kyung Jong, his own son, and did not let him come close to him.
GwangJong's bloody blade caused morals to collapse, and created a world where no one could trust another person. After Gwang Jong, only a little more than 40 out of 3200 initial Gongshin (those who helped building the country) aristocrats were remaining. It was literally the 'crazy bloodstorm'. 
Some scholars still make positive evaluation of his decade of terror reign, saying "It was an inevitable prescription to complete the reformation". Some innocent officials and aristocrats also got killed, but only through this was the royal power established, making possible the 500 year history of Goryeo dynasty. 

gumi said: New BTS released for the herb kiss scene!Not much to translate, but apparently that herb juice was green tea latte, and OYS loved it lol. She was like, hey this is good can I have more? Do you have more? haha.And they had some trouble letting one streak of juice come out of WS's mouth....not much came of his mouth, so she was like oh should I do it with some more, and the next trial too much liquid streaming down his face lol

Guest chajoowon

gumi said: I know history bits have been already shared, but...just for those who are interested, translation of another history article that was posted in DC SoGC gallery today. Let's keep in mind, he's not the same with our fictional character Wang So, but his more like a motif WS was based off of.
Disclaimer: They are not whole translation, I just took some excerpts.
(...) a 'controversial figure' is related. It is Gwang Jong who is evaluated as the one who prepared the base for 500 years of Goryeo.
Gwang Jong has ambivalent evaluation and is viewed in two extremely different lights: 'an excellent reformer' and 'a bloody purger'. There's a lot of story behind him, the third son of Wang Gun, becoming the king. The first son Mu (Hye Jong) and second son Yo (Jeong Jong) all died early. Hye Jong who became the king with the help from Park Sul Hee died in two years, and Jeong Jong who became the king with the help from Wang Shik Ryum died in 4 years due to disease.
Gwang Jong announced the era name 'Gwang Duk', meaning 'spread the virtue', as soon as he became the king. He was eager and ambitious, but did not show his real intention, keeping down and waiting for the timing. It was to avoid the fate of older brothers who died young. Aristocrats were still as strong as ever, controlling over the royal family. 
Gwang Jong, in 956 which is the 7th year of his reign, implements 'slave screening law'. He freed slaves who became slaves for unjust reasons. Implementation of slave screening law weakened the aristocrats' sources of economic and military power, and the nation could strengthen both its storehouse and army by increasing free citizens, so it was a double benefit. 
Two years after, Gwang Jong accepted Ssang Gi from HuJu's suggestion, and started examination system. Gwang Jong himself stood on Wui Bong Ru and announced names of the qualified ones. Those new officials who got their posts through examination naturally became the king's supporters.
Gwang Jong kept going until he reaches the most extreme card, 'purging'. In 960, which was the 11th year of his reign, he was reported that JunHeung and WangDong and their followers were planning a rebellion, and he started the large scale purging. If anyone gets out of his eyes, or looks suspicious, he killed them. He even killed Prince HeungHwa who was his nephew, and Prince KyungChoonWon who was the son of Jeong Jong. He even doubted Kyung Jong, his own son, and did not let him come close to him.
GwangJong's bloody blade caused morals to collapse, and created a world where no one could trust another person. After Gwang Jong, only a little more than 40 out of 3200 initial Gongshin (those who helped building the country) aristocrats were remaining. It was literally the 'crazy bloodstorm'. 
Some scholars still make positive evaluation of his decade of terror reign, saying "It was an inevitable prescription to complete the reformation". Some innocent officials and aristocrats also got killed, but only through this was the royal power established, making possible the 500 year history of Goryeo dynasty. 

Guest chajoowon

Well they might become sister wives or something because so far they are following the history pretty well when its about the Kings, WS,YW.    She becomes his Queen after all, she might end up on his side and accept SY being his first wife,woman. 
Queens were not new to knowing their King could have 20 wives like WS father or a few concoubines....

Guest dawnshine

@estrellita1122 @haymochi OYS is doing great here as SY/Gaekbong! Wishing her, JH and SOGC continue to do well. Of course we're hoping high ratings for SOGC. But most importantly fun collaborations/experience among the casts, and great opportunity to learn from each other/exchanging ideas about acting among all the newbiews, experienced and veterans. She has talent (i.e. she got me dislike her spoilt brat character in MHGAF and now she got me liking her as SY/Gaekbong) and I'm starting to like her!  
@gumi: Thanks for bringing up another new BTS as well as all the insights/news related to SOGC. Greatly appreciate them. You're our lifesaver here. ^:)^  I was so hoping MBC would release some tidbits/BTS about the "kiss" scene - it's apparently become a legendary "kiss" scene in K-drama now after epi 8. LOL I was wondering what green juice they were using. Green Tea Latte? Yum, I'd want some too!
@cutestrobery: Your description about SY was spot on! No wonder I so adore this character. And back to the plot, yes I do think although SY and YW are the North stars who could potentially bring light to WS but SY is the only one who would definitely bring light to WS and the rising of WS' kingdom if they get together. You brought a good point that when the astrologist confirmed his prediction; he misread the two stars as YW-WS but it was actually resembling SY-WS as they got married in Gaekbong that night. Well hopefully he'll realize his mistake soon. 

I saw an interview of OYS where she said she planned to rest after Jang Bo Ri but after learning that JH would become her leading man she agreed to do SoGC at once. I'm sure glad she did. She's very likable as SY/GB! I'm crazy for her dimples. SoGC is a dimple-laden drama, lol. JH, OYS, HL, Chung Ah all have dimples...:)

Me envious...;)

Question: Is the actor playing the villain, I think his initials are WSR, is he also playing Hyun Bin's dad in Kill Me Heal Me?  If he is, how is it possible to live that kind of filming schedule?  Amazing!
@gumi: Thank you for speaking on JH's relationships with his hoobaes on set. You put into words what I couldn't.  I knew from many different interviews that many of his junior actors had high praises for him after dramas.  It was so consistent that I felt he elevated their work. That's why I have high regard and esteem for him.  His acting projects are not just about him and how he can do well, but he's concerned that the entire production prospers.  At least, that's the conclusion I came to after reading many articles and watching many (subbed) interviews.  
SOGC, Fighting!

Yeah... Where is gil bok?? I just remember him lol, but he is someone who will dislike Gaebong in WS's life as well. He looks like a supporter of his master and the wife
Hope they give us preview asap,. Glad that since ep 8 SOGC has been gaining nothing but positive reviews  :DThe acting of the two leads in th cave was really brilliant....