[Thailand Drama 2014] ThirTeen Terrors (เพื่อนเฮี้ยนโรงเรียนหลอน)

bencanuck

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting things about the schedule:
- The "star power" of the first 5 episodes is off the scale compared to the last 5 episodes. It's really lopsided.
- Frung is again the first next gen to get an episode to herself (as in Hormones Season 2).

bencanuck said: @redblueyellow That is indeed a schedule. :D

[8 Nov] EP.1 "Wanida" > Fon
[15 Nov] EP.2 "Cursed" > Fame, Belle, Aom
[22 Nov] EP.3 "To Die After" > Smile, Punpun, Kaopun
[29 Nov] EP.4 "The Night the Rules Were Broken" > Michael, Fluke, Rolex
[6 Dec] EP.5 "Beautiful and Terrifying" > March, Natty
[13 Dec] EP.6 "Grandfather Som" > Frung
[20 Dec] EP.7 "The Call that Wasn't Answered" >  Bank, Top
[27 Dec] EP.8 "Eb Tay" [secretly take photo/video -- need context to translate this title well] > Gunn, Babymild
[3 Jan] EP.9 "The Stain" > Nerng
[10 Jan] EP.10 "Roommate" > Awat [i.e., Ud], Claudine
[16 Jan] EP.11 "The Loudspeaker" [i think this is a good translation of the title, based on the available plot info] > Pea, James, Praew
[24 Jan] EP.12 "A-Jin-Tay" [Things That Shouldn't Be Thought] > Pearwah [and Pawadee]
[31 Jan] EP.13 "Fresher Camp (The Dark Blue Night)" [fresher = freshy = new student = younger student from a new batch] > Oab, Kan [Who is this? In Thai, it's spelled wrong for Karn/Kiam-Ee... but Kiam-Ee is in Oab's episode... I'm confused.]

The more I think about it, the more calculated and deliberate the episode order seems.

- Fon is the lead star, as she presumably will be in Hormones Season 3.
- Belle (Hormones' other Grade 12 student next year) comes after her, supported by another big name.
- Hormones Gen1 Star Power [TM] (!) for three weeks.
- Frung is chosen as the first of the next generation to ease us into them -- because, frankly, she's very good at acting, and few people who watched Next Gen and Hormones Season 2 doubt it. :))
- And then (with the exception of Gunn appearing), we get varying degrees of minor characters (Oab, Ud, Kiam-Ee), Gen2 (Bank, Pearwah, etc.), and what we might call "Gen2a" (Pea, Claudine, etc.).

This show is sooooo a test run and preparation for Hormones Season 3. :D:))

Earthkeeper said:

I have my own perspectives on the subject of Ghosts and Spirits. I may share some of it depending on the choice of the moment. It will be interesting to read your POVs about them. :)

EP.1
Preview
This school has a history...
Girl: "This photo shows where they were killed [executed]."
This school had someone die...
Girl (reading): "There was one female student, named Wanida. She died by having her neck cut through, and her head was left in a desk [drawer]."
Fon [Manasavi] (reading): "If someone finds Wanida's head in the desk drawer, that person must find her head, for real, within two days -- or else...!"
Teacher: "We have something important to announce. Kornkanop has passed away..."
She doesn't want to die...
She is looking for the head...
Glass cut moves to find the letters: "D - I - E."

Synopsis

Fon's character is named Manasavi [Manatsawee]. "If someone finds Wanida's head in the desk drawer, that person must find her head, for real, within two days -- or else...!" This is the story that Manasavi hears at her school -- but she dismisses it just as a funny story. But when she finds Wanida's head, she knows that seeking and finding Wanida's head is her only hope!!!

Guest Kudaranai

GTH might release their own subs. It seems to be the new trend and I'm surprised such a big company like them hasn't done this yet. (International trailers don't count.) Grean House is doing it. Room Alone 401-410 is doing it too. 

I've often wondered about that. Thai movies are almost always subbed in English for release in theatres. If GTH wants to increase their popularity overseas, why not sub their TV shows, too? The company has the right people employed to do it already...

Let's hope they follow Grean House (although better quality English and translation would be appreciated!) and Room Alone 401-410. :D

Guest JohnL1430294464

I want to see this series although GTH won't subbed this series. I will only see without knowing the meaning of the language hahahah.....Just see the character and guess what story happened in this movie hahahah.....LOL 

I liked "Wanida" last night. I think the highlight was Fon. It was maybe not as scary as I thought it would be... But then again, I tend to be less scared by horror than many people whom I know.

Michael said there would be lessons or something to take away and thing about in each episode. After some reflection, I'd guess that one thing to think about in this episode is the seriousness of any act of playing with the occult (preternatural things). This is the thing that I'd think about most from "Wanida."

Please note
For those who haven't seen the episode yet, it has been subbed by @Kudaranai (complete with a link to this thread). :DThank you, Kuda!!!

Guest JohnL1430294464

Oh my God, thank you so so much for @Kudaranai for subbing this series. I thought that I will see this movie without knowing the language just guessing the story but suddenly there is someone who is very generous willing to sub this series. Thank you so so much.

Archived