[2015 Mainland Drama] My Sunshine, 何以笙箫默 aka "Silent Separation"

chewywonbin

Only finished episode 2 but so far pretty impressed. It's sticking nicely to the original novel and fleshing out the details well. 
The rain scene was really powerful (it was also pouring rain and at night when i watched it so it was like surround sound and really living the moment =)) )
Very impressed with Wallace so far. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chewywonbin said: class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Droid Sans', arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; font-stretch: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Episode 6 is a must watch for me. Wallace's performance was so great. I feel his pain.  class="entry-title" style="font-family: 'Droid Sans', arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1.3em; font-style: normal; line-height: 1.4; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; font-stretch: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"My Sunshine (何以笙箫默): Episode 6 Review and Recap by Hoju

113.jpg?w=917&h=480

Fanatical just posted their recap/review up to episode 9 now. Go and encourage them so you get your drama fixation faster.  

My Sunshine (何以笙箫默): Episode 7 Review and Recap

10978516_811410478932814_146463322687189

My Sunshine (何以笙箫默): Episode 8 Review and Recap

10985508_811423688931493_706890103598231

My Sunshine (何以笙箫默): Episode 9 Review and Recap

This episode has my favorite scene thus far showcasing their mutual love for each other. Although their relationship hasn't been clear and they are still awkward toward each other, their love and interaction were never lost. It was so natural in the way Yichen held out his hands and Mosheng simply reached hers half way. One can just imagine, this was the way their relationship was in the past, just a very innocent love between two people who enjoys being together.

118.jpg?w=723&h=363

Dramagaltalk said:
Will they be showing two episodes on the weekends as well or just weekdays? Don't wanna miss a single night of it.

Yes, 2 eps every day (including the weekends) 

OST 
Tiffany Tang - Long Time No See

我来到你的城市I arrive at your city走过你来时的路Walked past the roads you arrived at想像着没我的日子Imagining your days without me你是怎样的孤独How lonely you must have been拿着你给的照片Holding on to the photograph you gave熟悉的那一条街That familiar street只是没了你的画面But without images of you我们回不到那天We can no longer go back to that day
你会不会忽然的出现Would you suddenly appear在街角的咖啡店At the coffee shop around the corner我会带着笑脸挥手寒喧I will smile, wave and exchange pleasantries和你坐着聊聊天Sitting and chatting with you
我多么想和你见一面How I wish to see you again看看你最近改变And see how you’ve changed不再去说从前只是寒喧Won’t bring up the past but just to exchange pleasantries对你说一句只是说一句And say to you, just one sentence好久不见It’s been a while since we’ve met
Credit tumbleintofantasy

I uploaded the full OST to my blog: http://www.obsessionsofline.com/2015/01/11/mysunshinehddl/
Opening Theme: My Sunshine – Zhang Jie (張杰)
Ending Theme: What is Love (何以愛情) – Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)
BGM: Long Time No See (好久不見) – Tiffany Tang (唐嫣)
BGM: Glimmer of Light (微光) – Hua Chen Yu (華晨宇)
BGM: The Road Not Taken – Shanie Gao (高姍)
BGM: All The Stars Fall Upon Me When I Meet You (遇見你的時候所有星星都落到我頭) – Shanie Gao (高姍)
BGM: The Sum of Loneliness (孤獨的總和) – Wu Wen Fang (吳文芳)

Also including the HD 1080p version of raw videos, updated to ep16 so far.
The Sum of Loneliness by Wu Wen Fang is also the BGM of Taiwanese drama, The pursuit of happiness (愛的生存之道).I keep on getting reminded of that Taiwanese drama whenever this song rings in My sunshine, ha!

This show just keeps getting better. While it's now beginning to deviate from the original novel, I love how they have added to the characters from the witty conversations between Yi Chen & Ying Hui (and the all night pool playing scene) to the funny scenes with all 3 leads (restaurant scene). 
It's a pity they are slowly turning Ying Hui into a villain. As for Yi Mei, I can't send her TV adaption. She uses Lu Yuan Feng in a way that makes my blood boil. I seriously hope that Yuan Feng soon wakes up from being under her spell. 

Guest Dramagaltalk

It's definitely getting to the climax of the story and seems like they'll move away from the novel abit with the storyline to make it more dramatic...a good thing!
BTW...how many episodes are there coz read there are 40 eps on certain site but also other sites got 35 and read somewhere there are 43????
Episode 23 and 24 did not disappoint...so looking forward to tonight's episodes!

Most of the Chinese sites state 35 episodes. Although I haven't seen it happen with the stations HYSXM is showing on, sometimes certain Chinese TV stations air shorter episodes so that there ends up being more. Not sure if that might have caused the discrepancy. 
Personally, I don't think they can extend this show to 40 episodes. There's not much left to go on in terms of storyline, even the love triangle and marriage mess can't take another 16 episodes to sort out. I would love to be proven wrong though. LOL. 

Archived