• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIce wreath donations to SK

tvN 드라마 '라이어게임' 제작발표회 이상윤 응원 쌀드리미화환 : 기부화환 쌀화환 드리미 / 쌀소비촉진 범국민운동 2070 프로젝트

http://me2.do/FFe1ciJG

출처 : 네이버 블로그

Thanks to @moonss70 for sharing

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Sang Yoon Reveals Kim So Eun Brings the “We Got Married” Melo to “Liar Game”
KSE.jpg

Lee Sang Yoon and Kim So Eun of the upcoming tvN series “Liar Game”have recently appeared at the show’s production presentation held on October 13. Together with these two actors, co-star Shin Sung Rok, writer Yoo Yong Jae, and Director Kim Hong Seon were also in attendance.

During the Q&A with the press, Lee Sang Yoon talked about his chemistry with co-star Kim So Eun. “I jived really well with Kim So Eun right from the start. While acting with the lines for the first time, it wasn’t Kim So Eun but (her character) Nam Da Jeong who approached me. So midway, I monitored the part that we’ve filmed thus far and people around us said it was fun,” said Lee Sang Yoon.

“There’s no outright melodrama (in the series). (However), more than the heart-racing melodrama, we planned to have this subtle mutual feeling between a character that’s like Daddy Long Legs and a kind girl. I think the subtle feeling will be quite interesting,” added Lee Sang Yoon.

Kim So Eun commented, “It’s a pity there’s no melodrama (here).” As Kim So Eun is currently appearing on MBC’s “We Got Married” wherein she is in an on-screen marriage with model-actor Song Jae Rim, Lee Sang Yoon brought it up and said, “She films melodrama in her variety program and takes that feeling with her (to the set). She brings it all with her.”

In “Liar Game,” Lee Sang Yoon plays the role of Ha Woo Jin, a psychology professor turned genius swindler. Kim So Eun, on the other hand, plays the role of the young, innocent college student Nam Da Jeong who seeks help from Ha Woo Jin.

“Liar Game” airs its first episode on October 20, 11 p.m. (KST) on tvN.

Soompi

http://m.cafe.naver.com/ybls/147

@moonssaboo: [open] [라이어게임]제작발표회 풀 영상! 이상윤 천재사기꾼으로 완벽 변신! http://t.co/feLhGBMblg 출처 : 네이버 카페

[Liar Game presscon] full viedo clip

#이상윤 #leesangyun

first time here... annyeong everyone...I am getting excited about Soeun and Sang Yoon!!!I love them to bits!!! hehehehe

Cartoon-inspired TV dramas on the way

By Baek Byung-yeul

Three new TV dramas based on popular comic books will appear on the small screen this fall season.

Though they all originate from cartoons, the three shows deal with very different themes ― one depicts the life of a desperate rookie businessman, while another focuses on a group of university music majors.

‘Misaeng' 

The most noteworthy show would probably be "Misaeng," based on cartoonist Yoon Tae-ho's smash hit Internet cartoon of the same name.

The cartoon, about precarious intern workers at a trading company, gained explosive popularity to an extent where a TV or film adaptation seemed inevitable.

During its two-year-long serializing period on the portal site Daum (www.daum.net) from 2012 to last year, the cartoon drew more than 100 million views.

"Misaeng," which can be translated as "an incomplete life," tells the story of Jang Geu-rae, a 26-year-old man who tries to adjust to life as an office worker after failing to become a professional "baduk" player. ("Baduk" is the Korean name for the board game "go.")

Yim Si-wan, an actor and member of the boy band ZE:A, stars as Jang. Yim made a strong impression in last year's biggest box office success, "The Attorney," in which he portrayed an innocent university student tortured by the military regime in 1980s Korea, and "Misaeng" represents his first lead role.

Actress Kang So-ra, who shined in last spring's SBS drama "Doctor Stranger," plays Jang's fellow intern Ahn Young-yi, while veteran actor Lee Sung-min takes the role of Jang's boss, Oh Sang-sik.

Yim explained that the drama would show vividly how ordinary people manage their lives in the workplace.

"This drama is not saying we should live like this," Yim told reporters at a preview of "Misaeng" in Seoul on Oct. 6. "It shows how we, ordinary people, are making a living."

Director Kim Suk-wok said "there will be no romance" in the drama, unlike other Korean dramas that are full of cliched love stories.

"We have focused on depicting microscopic episodes happening in the office," Kim said. "There must be a lot of people who didn't have a chance to see the cartoon version of ‘Misaeng' and my goal is to make all viewers enjoy the drama, whether they already knew about the cartoon or not."

Actress Kang So-ra also said she chose this drama because it shed more light on office life than on romance.

"There are always romances in Korean dramas, wherever they are set ― in courts of law or in hospitals," Kang said. "But I wanted to act in a drama that focuses on the occupational world more than romance. This is why I chose this drama."

The cable network tvN will air the 20-episode series beginning Oct. 17.

‘Cantabile Tomorrow' 

KBS TV's forthcoming romantic comedy "Cantabile Tomorrow" has been adapted from Japanese cartoonist Tomoko Ninomiya's 2001 comic book "Nodame Cantabile."

The cartoon, portraying a love story between two young college classmates majoring in piano and conducting, has already been remade in different genres in Japan including animated film, TV drama and film. It was such a sensation that Korean fans began calling for a remake here too.

In the Korean adaptation, actress Shim Eun-kyung stars as Seol Nae-il, an eccentric piano student notorious for her messiness. She falls in love with Cha Yoo-jin, played by actor Joo Won, an arrogant perfectionist who dreams of becoming a maestro conductor.

"Cantabile Tomorrow" will air its first episode on Monday.

‘Liar Game'

The cable network tvN will air the 12-episode thriller drama "Liar Game" beginning Oct. 20.

Based on a Japanese comic book of the same title, the drama revolves around an innocent college girl, Nam Da-jung (Kim So-eun), who is forced to take part in a game where contestants are encouraged to cheat each other to win 10 billion won ($9.3 million).

Actor Lee Sang-yoon features as Cha Woo-jin, a genius swindler who was recently released from jail, who helps Nam to win the game. Actor Shin Sung-rok takes the role of Kang Do-young, the organizer of the game.

baekby@ktimes.co.kr
Korea Times,

hyunk102020141013161346_O_01_C_1_99_20141013162403.jpg
Source : Naver

Liar Game Actress Kim So-eun says, "Lee Sang Yoon is better than Song Jae Rim" 

'Liar Game' actress Kim Soeun revealed her feelings on the reality variety show, 'WGM' that is happening at the same time as the drama. 

On the afternoon of 13th Oct at Imperial Place Hotel, the press conference for tvN's "Liar Game" started with attendees from actors and actresses Lee Sangyoon, Kim Soeun, Shin Sungrook, Jo Jaeyoon.   On this day Lee Sangyoon said "Kim Soeun is filming WGM and I think she brought over the melodramatic feeling to the filming site".   He added "Kim Soeun has lots of aegyo usually and she's outgoing. Looking at WGM, she talks a lot too. Song Jaerim brought late night snacks to our filming side and he came to say his greetings. Kim Soeun joked and said 'Even so, I like Woojin-ssi (Lee Sangyoon's character in Liar Game) better.""   Kim Soeun explained "'WGM' has no influence over the drama. Over there, I'm faithful to Song Jaerim and here I'm clinging to Lee Sangyoon. I'm cleverly handling the situation". 
Translation of the article by @yonghongs

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Liar Game” Actress Kim So Eun Juggles Between Lee Sang Yoon and Song Jae Rim Depending on Where She Is
1014-lee-sang-yoon-and-kim-so-eun-charac

On October 13, a production press conference was held for tvN’s upcoming drama, “Liar Game.” Present at the scene were director Kim Hong Sun, writerRyu Yong Jae, and actors Lee Sang YoonKim So Eun, Shin Sung Rok, and Jo Jae Yoon.

During the conference, Lee Sang Yoon mentioned that he thought “Kim So Eun brings a melo feeling to the filming set,” referring to her casting in MBC’s variety show “We Got Married.” Lee Sang Yoon continued, “Kim So Eun has a lot of aegyo and is also very sociable. We ended up talking about ‘We Got Married’ as well. Song Jae Rim [Kim So Eun’s virtual husband] even came to greet us with late night snacks. When he came she jokingly said, ‘I think I still like Woo Jin [Lee Sang Yoon’s character in ‘Liar Game’] better.’”

To this Kim So Eun responded, “I don’t think ‘We Got Married’ has an effect on the drama. I am loyal to Song Jae Rim on that show and here I am loyal to Lee Sang Yoon. I think I’m handling the situation smartly.”

Meanwhile, “Liar Game” is a drama based upon a Japanese manga series of the same name by writer Kaitani Shinobu. It will be a psychological thriller surrounding the human nature that is exposed when one is confronted with a large sum of money. In the drama, “Liar Game” will be a reality show where the victor can only win by tricking and lying to the other players. The story will follow an innocent college student in debt and the youngest psychology professor turned genus swindler that both end up participating in this game.

The first episode will air this coming October 20 on tvN, taking the Monday-Tuesday slot from “My Secret Hotel.” Who’s planning to watch this drama?

Soompi

Actor Lee Sang Yoon reveals that he was bombarded with hateful comments after he was cast for 'Liar Game'
Actor Lee Sang Yoon revealed during the drama press release that he was bombarded with hateful comments when he was confirmed for the cast of tvN's 'Liar Game'.
He said, "It was the first time I was hit so much [with hateful comments]. I think it was because the character in the manga is slim and has a sharp image, but I have a different image and vibe." 
Lee Sang Yoon explained "I worked hard to be similar to the character image and personality wise. When I was talking to the PD and the writer, they told me that it was going to be different than the original drama. When they told me that the character interpretations will be different, I felt less burdened."
tvN's newest Monday and Tuesday drama, 'Liar Game', will feature talented actors such as Shin Sung Rok, Kim So Eun, and Lee Sang Yoon. Are you excited for the premiere on October 20?
allkpop

Guest yonghongs

@sin hoonsim @peaches_2280 Oh dear, sorry! I may have translated the name wrongly >_< Sorry, I'm not familiar with the actor so may have gotten it mixed up... Thank you for pointing it out!  ^:)^

I saw the 5 min trailer, Wow! Lee Sang Yoon on a darker character suits him well too. So I won't see any pair of dimples in this drama? :) KSE has always been sweet & personable during BOF days too. She has good chemistry with KHN on her latest movie also.

This is exciting. A few days more.

Guest nanalysis

Hey everyone, I'm new here.  Saw the trailer a while ago and it looks amazing and held my attention from start to finish.  Looking forward to seeing my girl Kim So Eun, Lee Sang Yoon and Shin Sung Rok et al.  Haven't been this excited for a drama in a long time.  I think we're all in for a great ride and I can't wait.

Archived