[Drama 2014] Liar Game 라이어 게임

StaRix

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video Preview for Ep 1 of Liar Game (15s trailer)

Translation of the 15s Video Preview...
Kang Do Young : Alright! From this moment onwards, the recruitment game will officially begin!
A man's voice (The Loanshark) telling Nam Da Jung : Speak the truth, you won't be able to pay off the debts.
Nam Da Jung : I've already paid up.
The Loanshark : Then, what's the problem now?
Cha Woo Jin : Great! I shall prove to you from where I'm standing right now.
Cha Woo Jin : Do not ever trust in anyone!
Cha Woo Jin : I've killed someone.
Video Preview for Ep 1 of Liar Game (30s trailer)

Translation of the 30s Video Preview...
Kang Do Young : Humans are creatures who will mostly choose to hide their own emotions.
Cha Woo Jin : Never trust anyone...Do not ever trust in anyone...
Cha Woo Jin : I've killed someone.
Nam Da Jung : How can you do this?
The Loanshark : Tell me the truth, you won't be able to pay off your debts right!
Loanshark : Hey!
Nam Da Jung : Let go of your hands (on my bag)!
Loanshark : I won't let go!
Loanshark : If you don't want any damage to be done to your conscience, just  clear your debts!
Kang Do Young : Annyeong Nam Da Jung shi...We welcome you to join Liar Game.

I see it now I'm watching ahhhhhhh Its different from the Japanese one no. Wat I liked about the japanese one where all the characters in the same room lying to each other and the games, I hope they have it in this one too. Looks really different idk

Counting the days! Yay! ;;)

Finally it's here. Presscon today. LSY received a lot of love & support from fans through rice wreath donation. :X My manly man LSY looking good. He lost weight but leaner & healthy. I can't wait for next week. Can we watch it live?

KSE is cute & pretty. Love this girl too since BOF.

Thank you for the updates. :)

What I got from the press conference (i missed like half of it though) and  the extended look...

I'm going to warn anyone who liked the jdrama...... IT'S TOTALLY/realllyyyyyy DIFFERENT.
it looks like a game show like something you would tune in for. but obviously it has sinister undertones.
Which I will not be writing down since it would be considered spoilers for those who didn't watch the jdrama.

the PD's and actors say that the Jdrama and their drama will be different but will keep the main aspects of the game intact. If anyone is holding their breath for a jdrama perfected remake .... might as well release that breath... it ain't gonna happen.

There is no romance. (yay!) but Lee Sang Yoon descrbed his relationship with DaJung as foreplay-
as in, the relationship between Woojin & DaJung is at the place that is leading up to the romance. (? does that make any sense? lol)

Jo Jae Yoon said that he wants the romance between him and Dajung...!!! lawl I can't with that guy. he's too funny.

I SAW THE PREVIEWWWW omgah
I am LOVING that new teaser(?)/ opening though! it was really awesome!!!

So far I am not hatttinnnnggg what they did to Liar Game so far.. but I not going to say anymore about the drama overall until I watched the first episode.

alrightttt I hope they upload the new teaser soon... it's 2:30AM here in nyc and I NEED TO GET UP AT 7 for work... (i'm screwed... T___T)
bye bye!

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Liar Game” Writer Asserts the Upcoming Drama Is a Remake of Original Comic, Not of Japanese Drama
liar-game1.jpg

On October 13, during the press conference for the upcoming tvN drama “Liar Game,” the scriptwriter, Ryu Yong Jae, stated that this production is not a remake of the Japanese drama.

The writer emphasized, “I created a remake of the original comic, not a remake of the Japanese drama. It’s a different version from the Japanese one. The thing I kept in mind as I thought about making the adaptation is ‘Why did I choose ‘Liar Game?’ The Japanese drama also interpreted the original differently, and the same goes for our production.”

Ryu Yong Jae continued to explain, “One part that is a unique interpretation is the character of Kang Do Young, as well as the set-up of a reality show. I’ve been preparing this production for a long time. Before planning [“Liar Game”] with tvN, I had concerns about the airing of the show “The Genius” because there were a lot of overlapping aspects, but now it’s become a kind of ally.”

Meanwhile, “Liar Game” is set to premiere on October 20, following the end of “My Secret Hotel.”

Soompi

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim So Eun and Lee Sang Yoon Talk Loveline in Drama ‘Liar Game’
Lee Sang Yoon and Kim So Eun showed their confidence on their chemistry.

During the press conference for tvN’s upcoming drama Liar Game, which took place on October 13 in Imperial Palace Hotel, Seoul, Lee Sang Yoon started, “There is no obvious love line (with Kim So Eun).”

78054002.jpg

He explained, “Instead of a heart-fluttering romance, we’ve been trying to portray a subtle romance between a ‘daddy long legs’ and a good girl. We’re trying to show delicate feelings. Even if we don’t see it on the scripts, if there are parts where we can show those emotions, we show them. We’ll show the stage before people actually start dating.”

Kim So Eun also shared, “I’m compatible with Sang Yoon oppa. I think I was the one who treated him more comfortably without being shy. I think that’s why our ‘chemistry’ is well portrayed. I’m sad that there won’t be romance but I think it’ll come out well.”

Then Lee Sang Yoon jokingly said, “So Eun has romance in a variety program on another channel so she brings those feelings over,” causing a round of laughter.

Liar Game is based on the Japanese comic series of the same title written by Shinobu Kaitani. It will depict the story of an innocent college girl and a young psychology professor and a former con artist, who participate in the reality show called ‘Liar Game,’ where the one who succeeds in tricking the other wins the game. It is set to air on October 20.

Photo credit: enews
Mwave

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actor Lee Sang Yoon Reveals Netizens’ Reactions to His Casting Decision for “Liar Game”
1006-lee-sang-yoon-liar-game-feat.jpg

On October 13, a production press conference was held for the upcoming tvNdrama, “Liar Game.”

During his interview, Lee Sang Yoon was asked, “Your character from ‘Liar Game’ is from Seoul University. Did the fact that you were also an alumna of Seoul University affect your decision in choosing this role?” To this, Lee Sang Yoon responded, “Not at all. I went to school the longest and finally graduated. I enjoyed the original manga series. I found it charming that I could act in such a way that could be different from the original character.”

He continued, “I received a lot of negative reactions after my news articles about my casting decision were released. Many of the comments said that I didn’t match well with the original character of the series.”

Meanwhile, “Liar Game” is based upon a Japanese manga series of the same name by Kaitani Shinobu. It is a psychological thriller that depicts the human nature that comes out of normal people when confronted with a large sum of money. It will focus on the story between a poor college student that ends upon a reality show called “Liar Game,” and the youngest psychology professor turned genius swindler. It will have air its first episode this coming October 20 on tvN.

Has anyone read the original series? What do you think of Lee Sang Yoon’s casting decision?

Soompi

Archived