[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

11 hours ago, seinhi said:

JCW is in China and will be in a Chinese Eve Countdown Show. PMY is probably busy filming her drama or resting. They don't attend any awards in Korea this year.

thanks,Seinhi,

yes, i sat thru, all  2 award shows, KBS and SBS, on both Cable TV and laptop. nothing. so i knew by now. massive thanks. i guess so that JCW might be doing his malegod thingy. park minyoung fighing alongside her 'Son' at Remember WOTS.
I was all along Remember, instead of the awesome Reply 88, to cheers PMY.

7 hours ago, wizengamot said:

Did Healer get an award on KBS for 2015?

no, its was last year show. so i already expected Healer and casts not lauded. but i sort of hoping KBS will bring them back to deliver some awards;... to walk pretty on stage, just to show some appreciation that while Healer not sizzle in Kor, he is indeed of another League at International arena. But, no PMY or JCW giving awards.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hrh77 said:

yes, at least here at Soompi and Dramabeans, they are remembered. While some wars were raging at Dramabeans over the Voting for 2016 Beanies shows, some really snub Healer because the Beanies recappers loved Healerya... i was still glad many here and there has not forgotten Healer. hope JCW and PMY and YJT themselves loves Healer as the Best Roles they ever acted in.

• Like 3

“I knew it.”(Young Shin said so, in Healer)
Last night, not a few hearts were shredded, among them mine. So, I need some Healing, Healerya.
Borrowing what Youngshin said, "I knew it", actually when I knew it will happen when started watching KBS Drama Award show.
So local ratings does matters. It’s a Producer’s Nite, riding on the fames of a particular Prof Do, Kim Soo Hyun. Big Production does matter. Promotion for present shows does matters more. So it’s a night about Producer and Oh my Venus. Hot stars’s fans does matter.

Not to degrade Producer, since “he” has good actors in the likes of Gong Hyo-jin, and Cha Tae-hyun. But as a whole, is it really worth the “Too Many Eggs” in her basket, (worthy to be like “Kill me Heal me” MBC crowning, which really deserved bagging all the “golden eggs”.) While awards were distributed to many others. It’s really not hard to realize, focus is always on Producer. (not to forget Promo on Oh My Venus).
But, Cha Tae-Hyun won over Seo InGuk, seriously?
Shin Min-nah, over Jang Na-ra? Not that Cha and Shin are bad, just that while those 2 roles are adorable, but not as awesome. (my family watching Oh My Venus, and laugh along Kang Jooeun). Not that So Ji Sub is bad. It’s again not his best.
But I just cannot comprehend Seo In Guk and I Remember you casts left on the shelf.
Healer is but, forgotten. I understand, that was last year’s deal. But isn’t it unfair for shows that are smacked in between 2 years. Healer was just like Remember War of the Son, just aired a few ep at Dec, not enough performances enough to convince people of any excellence in Casts’ acting. Then it ended by Feb, by the time the following year Dec come, many would have forgotten the show.  So, I Remember you, and Healer is much forgotten, conveniently.

Not talking about Ji Changwook or Park minyoung alone.  What about Jo Min-ja, Hacker ahjumma? Isn’t she deserved lauded? Or Yoo Ji-tae as Kim Moon-ho  Not talking about Seo In Guk, or Jang Nara, or Park Bo Gum alone too, what about Park Bo Gum and Choi Won young?
Neither is Kim Soo-Hyun nor Cha Tae-hyun. While Seo In Guk, Jang Nara, Ji Changwook, Park min young were at their peak performance.
So its about rating right? While Producers rated in a proud 17.9% - 20.4%, Healer’s highest was just 10.6%. I remember You garnered a paler 5.4% highest. And seriously, KBS Grand hailed Kim Soo Hyun as Grand Award.
out of the 3 stations’ Grand Award, MBC’s Ji Sung, SBS’s Joo Won, KBS’s Kim Soohyun; I can only identify with KMHM’s Ji Sung. (I am not even JiSung’s fan)
its about viewer ratings, that’s what Award show about.
to thanks those that bring in the highest ratings, to encourage present production crews and casts to fight for better rating, that’s that, to please the screaming fans. It’s just an award show, just like Oscar award.
Healer’s crews and crews know we remember them always, and they are all healers that heal our wounded souls every times we on their drama. It’s enough.
let’s hope JCW and PMY and YJT themselves will remember Healer like we do, that 3 of them will loved their roles Junghoo, Youngshin, Moonho, as the Best Role they ever loved and acted in. if they loved their roles dearly, no award doesn’t matter right.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wizengamot said:

Did Healer get an award on KBS for 2015?

Healer was in 2014 KBS Drama Award. A drama can not in 2 year award show even very successful one and phenomenon like MLFTS (4ep in 2013, the rest in 2014-it was only in 2014 SBS Drama Award not in 2013 one, Remember will be the same, it will be in 2016 SBS Drama Award and have many awards if it can keep it's high rating)

Healer's cast got 3 awards: best couple for JCW-PMY, Excellent Actress Mini for PMY, Popular Actor for JCW last year. And I think it's ok. 

Rating is important in drama business so every station need something to reward their cashcow, they also tried the best to give many award as possible. It happens like that every year.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, seinhi said:

Healer was in 2014 KBS Drama Award. A drama can not in 2 year award show even very successful one and phenomenon like MLFTS (4ep in 2013, the rest in 2014-it was only in 2014 SBS Drama Award not in 2013 one, Remember will be the same, it will be in 2016 SBS Drama Award and have many awards if it can keep it's high rating)

Healer's cast got 3 awards: best couple for JCW-PMY, Excellent Actress Mini for PMY, Popular Actor for JCW last year. And I think it's ok. 

Rating is important in drama business so every station need something to reward their cashcow, they also tried the best to give many award as possible. It happens like that every year.

KBS has  higher standards than SBS...... I really don't know how SBS manipulate the ratings, but I sense something strange with that station... and I guess that's only in SBS giving awards in 2 different year... OH well,,,

It's just unfair at that time, when Healer is only up to Ep4 or 5, when KBS awards was held... I hope next time, they will finish each drama first before nominating them..

13 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

“I knew it.”(Young Shin said so, in Healer)
Last night, not a few hearts were shredded, among them mine. So, I need some Healing, Healerya.
Borrowing what Youngshin said, "I knew it", actually when I knew it will happen when started watching KBS Drama Award show.
So local ratings does matters. It’s a Producer’s Nite, riding on the fames of a particular Prof Do, Kim Soo Hyun. Big Production does matter. Promotion for present shows does matters more. So it’s a night about Producer and Oh my Venus. Hot stars’s fans does matter.

Not to degrade Producer, since “he” has good actors in the likes of Gong Hyo-jin, and Cha Tae-hyun. But as a whole, is it really worth the “Too Many Eggs” in her basket, (worthy to be like “Kill me Heal me” MBC crowning, which really deserved bagging all the “golden eggs”.) While awards were distributed to many others. It’s really not hard to realize, focus is always on Producer. (not to forget Promo on Oh My Venus).
But, Cha Tae-Hyun won over Seo InGuk, seriously?
Shin Min-nah, over Jang Na-ra? Not that Cha and Shin are bad, just that while those 2 roles are adorable, but not as awesome. (my family watching Oh My Venus, and laugh along Kang Jooeun). Not that So Ji Sub is bad. It’s again not his best.
But I just cannot comprehend Seo In Guk and I Remember you casts left on the shelf.
Healer is but, forgotten. I understand, that was last year’s deal. But isn’t it unfair for shows that are smacked in between 2 years. Healer was just like Remember War of the Son, just aired a few ep at Dec, not enough performances enough to convince people of any excellence in Casts’ acting. Then it ended by Feb, by the time the following year Dec come, many would have forgotten the show.  So, I Remember you, and Healer is much forgotten, conveniently.

Not talking about Ji Changwook or Park minyoung alone.  What about Jo Min-ja, Hacker ahjumma? Isn’t she deserved lauded? Or Yoo Ji-tae as Kim Moon-ho  Not talking about Seo In Guk, or Jang Nara, or Park Bo Gum alone too, what about Park Bo Gum and Choi Won young?
Neither is Kim Soo-Hyun nor Cha Tae-hyun. While Seo In Guk, Jang Nara, Ji Changwook, Park min young were at their peak performance.
So its about rating right? While Producers rated in a proud 17.9% - 20.4%, Healer’s highest was just 10.6%. I remember You garnered a paler 5.4% highest. And seriously, KBS Grand hailed Kim Soo Hyun as Grand Award.
out of the 3 stations’ Grand Award, MBC’s Ji Sung, SBS’s Joo Won, KBS’s Kim Soohyun; I can only identify with KMHM’s Ji Sung. (I am not even JiSung’s fan)
its about viewer ratings, that’s what Award show about.
to thanks those that bring in the highest ratings, to encourage present production crews and casts to fight for better rating, that’s that, to please the screaming fans. It’s just an award show, just like Oscar award.
Healer’s crews and crews know we remember them always, and they are all healers that heal our wounded souls every times we on their drama. It’s enough.
let’s hope JCW and PMY and YJT themselves will remember Healer like we do, that 3 of them will loved their roles Junghoo, Youngshin, Moonho, as the Best Role they ever loved and acted in. if they loved their roles dearly, no award doesn’t matter right.

Oh well, that's In Korea (of course they have different taste)... But outside Korea, Healer is famous... It has a huge international appeal... And you can check it on different websites, just check the best korean dramas of 2015... I'd say more "westernized"... But this is a classic, something that you will love forever...

Korean is not ready yet for dramas like "I remember you" hahaha.. Im not really impressed with KMHM, story wise, but I love Ji Sung's performance there... Im thinking they're making a buzz on this drama, because they feel pity for portraying 7 characters..... Acting wise, the best!!..

"Producer" has different concept.... I think this is mostly a "Korean appeal", and that's them!... In fairness, KSH acting is great, so I should say, he deserve those acting awards.... Very tight competition with Ji Sung.... for me, they are a tie..... not because portraying 7 different characters means best acting already, but KSH acting has more subtle emotions...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hrh77 said:

KBS has  higher standards than SBS...... I really don't know how SBS manipulate the ratings, but I sense something strange with that station... and I guess that's only in SBS giving awards in 2 different year... OH well,,,

It's just unfair at that time, when Healer is only up to Ep4 or 5, when KBS awards was held... I hope next time, they will finish each drama first before nominating them..

No, SBS did not give awards to a drama in 2 different years.

I don't think they can manipulate the rating. Yes in recent year, SBS is the one with more hits compare the other two, their drama are usually have high rating. For me, the reason are their high budget and good PR. You can see the singers who usually sing for sbs drama's ost are more famous, their beautiful posters, enthusiastic promotion.

Now i'm sad for Healer's low budget, it was 20ep drama with only 6 osts, no MV, the poster is just meh.

Can not say KBS has higher standards than SBS, many recently big hits and quality ones come from SBS. Along with Healer, Punch from SBS are best drama in 2015. KBS also has their crappy and boring shows. It's just my favourite ones usually end up to be KBS's (Healer ~my ultimate fav, Gaksital). I'm a little bias to KBS for it's regular actors.

I always have fun compare in my mind between 3 stations and Big3 Entertainment Com. With KBS~JYP, MBC~SM, SBS~YG and the funny is the in reality KBS has good relationship with SM and JYP while SBS is buddy with YG.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, seinhi said:

No, SBS did not give awards to a drama in 2 different years.

I don't think they can manipulate the rating. Yes in recent year, SBS is the one with more hits compare the other two, their drama are usually have high rating. For me, the reason are their high budget and good PR. You can see the singers who usually sing for sbs drama's ost are more famous, their beautiful posters, enthusiastic promotion.

Now i'm sad for Healer's low budget, it was 20ep drama with only 6 osts, no MV, the poster is just meh.

Can not say KBS has higher standards than SBS, many recently big hits and quality ones come from SBS. Along with Healer, Punch from SBS are best drama in 2015. KBS also has their crappy and boring shows. It's just my favourite ones usually end up to be KBS's (Healer ~my ultimate fav, Gaksital). I'm a little bias to KBS for it's regular actors.

I always have fun compare in my mind between 3 stations and Big3 Entertainment Com. With KBS~JYP, MBC~SM, SBS~YG and the funny is the in reality KBS has good relationship with SM and JYP while SBS are buddy with YG.

Well I just find that SBS has overrated shows, like Yong Pal, etc... Well, maybe that's why SBS gives all when it comes to budgeting... But their dramas has patterns: mostly has dragging/boring episodes... What I like with KBS is that, their stories are all very straight forward and with has social relevance with a lessons, and their cinematography and OST's as well...  and I just noticed that most great/popular actors started with KBS dramas..... Most dramas I like were from KBS: Full House, the Endless Love (series),  Boys Over Flower (not really), Sungkyukwan Scandal,& HEALER, etc... Some were from SBS as well but they prefer makjang/anime like type of acting...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

yes, at least here at Soompi and Dramabeans, they are remembered. While some wars were raging at Dramabeans over the Voting for 2016 Beanies shows, some really snub Healer because the Beanies recappers loved Healerya... i was still glad many here and there has not forgotten Healer. hope JCW and PMY and YJT themselves loves Healer as the Best Roles they ever acted in.

http://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2015-vote/

Please vote for HEALER (anything that has Healer Categories) straight!!... You may vote 10 times a day, per category.... Or until they say Stop..:D PLS click the link above...

• Like 3

Looking Back At K-Dramaland’s 2015: A Couch Kimchi Roundtable

Looking Back At K-Dramaland’s 2015: A Couch Kimchi Roundtable

The new year is here, so, we’re waxing nostalgic about our K-drama experience in 2015. Just how good was the past year for K-dramaland? Here’s our take!

rtpic4

Were the Dramas Better in 2015? Has It Gotten Better Since K-Dramas Came Into Global Prominence in the Mid-2000s?

Leila: There were shows that raised the bar story wise and with their leads. I discovered Ji Chang Wook and Ryu Jun Yeol this year.

rtpic5

Rinchan: The dramas are not necessarily better, but I am noticing a trend in which more actresses are moving away from playing roles in which they are simply pretty or cute. They are going for the characters that are less candy and more sassy, owning their unique personality and background. For example, Park Min Young‘s role in "Healer" was probably the best she’s had; she wasn’t trying to uphold the image of a beautiful, reserved girl that I felt hindered her acting in her previous shows. With “Healer,” I felt like she was free to immerse herself into the character.

Favorite K-dramas of 2015

Clockwatcher: One of my favorite dramas from 2015 was “Healer,” which I found very romantic. *Swoon* “Oh My Ghost,” on the other hand, was a drama that I enjoyed for everything but the eventual romance. “I Remember You” was a pretty good thriller, and how is it that Seo In Guk gets sexier every year?

Leila: I second Seo In Guk, “Healer,” and “Oh My Ghost.” “Twenty Again” was also among my favorites, and I’m currently in love with “Reply 1988.” The third installment has been as good as what was promised!

Goodange: I’m also a “Healer” fan. I had bad withdrawals when it finished that I even missed waking up early to catch the live stream. LOL.

Rinchan: Right now, I am addicted to “Reply 1988,” “Oh My Venus,” and “Six Flying Dragons.” On top of “Healer,” other favorites that aired throughout the year were “Kill Me, Heal Me,” “Who Are You: School 2015,” “Mask,” and “Pinocchio.”

Best K-drama Moments of 2015

Goodange: “Healer” may have begun airing in 2014, but the most memorable parts for me dropped in 2015. I remember being up extra early to live stream episode 15, which was full of fan service. Chae Young Shin (Park Min Young), who was already aware of Seo Jung Hoo’s (Ji Chang Wook) secret identity as Healer, had gone to his hideout at a time when he really shouldn’t be alone. He initially pushed her away, but by this point, it would have been absurd if they failed to get together. So, what followed was a sequence of scenes that inflamed a collective squeal of pure joy from its viewers. There was fun time on Jung Hoo’s bed, and it was endearing how he couldn’t extricate himself from Young Shin’s side. Whether she was cooking or tending to his wound, her shoulder was like a magnet to his head.

What Are You Looking Forward to in 2016?

Goodange: News breaking that Park Min Young and Ji Chang Wook have been secretly dating would be nice. Same goes for Park Bo Young and Song Joong Ki. Okay, in my dreams. LOL.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/01/looking-back-at-k-dramalands-2015-a-couch-kimchi-roundtable/

• Like 6

PMY's interview about Healer

rough translation by @tehlimau

Says snow kiss was the most unforgettable memory, despite it being the first kiss with harsh filming conditions including snow sticking to her lips

About Ji Chang Wook

Healer was the first time we have worked together, but I have heard good things about him in his previous works like EK. When we started working he was really an impressive character full of charisma. We both work hard at our chemistry to make it sweet. Because he was so immersed into his Junghoo character it helped me and I am really thankful.

I think before the impressive actor, when we started working together I got to know more about him

• Like 6

On 1/14/2016 at 4:59 PM, ReemKanabta said:

PMY's interview about Healer

rough translation by @tehlimau

Says snow kiss was the most unforgettable memory, despite it being the first kiss with harsh filming conditions including snow sticking to her lips

About Ji Chang Wook

Healer was the first time we have worked together, but I have heard good things about him in his previous works like EK. When we started working he was really an impressive character full of charisma. We both work hard at our chemistry to make it sweet. Because he was so immersed into his Junghoo character it helped me and I am really thankful.

I think before the impressive actor, when we started working together I got to know more about him

Miss Park, that's why please date Ji Chang wook, for real !!!!! we love you 2, ship you 2, pray for you 2 together, unto the ends of days.
(am supporting your InAh at "Remember" now, love u.)

• Like 5

Its been a year since Healer ended and its still one of my favorite Kdramas to revisit.  I have the director's cut and have been rewatching favorite episodes (ahem.. episode 15). This drama never fails to make smile and swoon over the sweet romantic moments.  Even the BTS scenes, despite me not understanding Korean, I still enjoyed the outtakes.  I hope they JCW and PMY will get together in another drama project soon.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...