[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

2015 Editors’ Picks [Year in Review, Part 11]

by javabeans | December 28, 2015 | 68 Comments

picks_top4b.jpg

We’re finally here, at the end of another Year in Review series! We warned you it’d be long this time, but hopefully you all made it through with us. We promise this is the last one! (At least till next year. Which is, eek, almost this year.)

As ever, the process of selecting our picks of the year was fraught with indecision, angst over leaving things out, bitter tears and angry rants amongst our staff as we argued for our choices. Just kidding! The arguments were civil, though I won’t vouch for everyone being 100% in line with the final list—in fact, I can pretty much guarantee that nobody got everything they would have chosen on their own. But we did manage to find a consensus, and present to you our 2015 Editors’ Picks.

Thanks again to our dedicated, loyal staff of writer minions—HeadsNo2, gummimochi, LollyPip, dramallama, odilettante, Saya, and awcoconuts—we’re grateful for your constant efforts in helping spread the drama love, and to have your contributions to our year-end wrap-up. Here’s to another year of drama-filled goodness!

2015 Editors’ Picks

BEST CHARACTER

picks_healer4.jpg

Healer, Healer

dramallama: Healer had the best of both worlds, as a badass superhero who was also an endearingly human lonelyhearts. The personalized superhero was principled and smart, a night errand boy who refused to kill, with expert acrobatic skills and a badass sidekick team. But then, he was also his dorky alter ego, who despite being an invention could be seen as an extension of Healer’s incompetent side—the side that was embarrassingly, endearingly bad at being a normal person, with conversational skills limited to mission tactics and takeout orders. As Healer’s curiosity about our fearless heroine brought him back into the world, we saw all the blossoming of his long-buried better side, rooted in unbreakable loyalty to those he vowed to protect. Despite insisting that a deserted island was all he wanted, pushing past the hermit barricade revealed a vulnerability and deep-seated longing to love and be loved. Lucky for him, we’ve got plenty more love where that came from.

BEST ROMANCE

picks_romance1.jpg

Healer, Ji Chang-wook & Park Min-young

girlfriday: Healer was good at many things, but man alive, was it good at the romance. The love story between a night errand boy who courted danger and a dogged reporter with a nose for the truth had a crackling synergy that was in part due to the actors’ chemistry, but also the stakes in the narrative world where life, death, and the greater good were always hanging in the balance. No one ever said dating a superhero with a double life was easy, but I’m pretty sure that brave, plucky reporters are their type for a reason. At times sweeping with grand emotions, sometimes mundane and hilarious, other times simply romantic, this loveline had it all, and most importantly, it knew how to take us along for the ride. Every hand held in secret, every kiss stolen on a rooftop, every heartbeat skipped—we were made to palpably feel and greedily cherish, as if we’d been given secret access to watch their love story unfold. Is any wonder that we all swooned?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/12/2015-editors-picks-year-in-review-part-11/

• Like 5

20 hours ago, seinhi said:

Oh thank you, but unfortunately I live in the United States and yesasia global doesn't ship to the US. I tried the yesasia US website but it says it's unavailable :(

“Don't tell me to run away, I don’t know how to run away." (Jung Hoo)  
Quoting Seo Junghoo about running away, reflecting my journey running away post-healerdom. After that frenzy feedings weekly, we were all starving. Then on to race against time to rush out some words for Moru Moru blog, almost daily meditation at Moru2 Shrine after that. That the thinning down of news regarding JCW & PMY, knowing of cause JCW is not SJH and PMY is not CYS. Mmm, what was I doing looking for their news, we owe it to them for a little privacy and for themselves to have their own closure to Someday News and Moru Moru Island. If we say we missed them dearly, JCW and PMY will missed ‘them-SELVES’ more ardently, since they literally breathe life into “OTP” and begot them in their womb. Then we clinch to the DVD that should come, when DVD came our last link to Healer thus was cut off.

Even then, I still don’t know how to run away. I ran to many truly awesome dramas like I Remember you, Twenty Again, Bubblegums, but I was never really “gone”. To those who loved Rely1988, I Remember you, Heal me Kill me, Punch… some of your favourite dramas will surely win Big awards at KBS, SBS, MBS…. Sincerely happy for you, because your dramas are worthy of being lauded. (Healer won’t get any KBS award, but doesn’t matter. Production Crew knew we loved them, it’s enough.)
But this award season returns with a vengeance the Feels of Healer. I was reminded, “The things I like, and the things I dislike.”… the reasons why I liked the things I liked.
The things I like:
… the nostalgia feels of seeing an old chingu when Healer pics pop up at magazines or social sites.
… the Director Cut Blu-ray secretly kept like a sacred artifact in my Study-room sanctuary.
… the Moru Moru blog (still counting namedx's junghoo's countless feels), the Beanie sites (ep 20 recap now 10796 comments already), Soompi sites (26598 posts)
, all which I always peep but never wrote anymore.
… things I loved above all still, SJH and CYS’s love for each other as my Best OTP in history.
The thing I dislike:
…. only one thing but it doesn’t matter any how, namely when people keep saying Healer is all about JCW / PMY, and kissing scenes, and just a love story.
When Writernim decide that her OTP doesn’t need a third party or triangle relationship to add spice to Rom-feels. I laud her, because she is confidence enough that the feelings and thoughts of SJW and CYS is enough to give me an awesome walk thru her celestial world.

Seriously, “Healer” is not some Art-House award winning drama, that provoke intelligence discussions, top-notch acting that can put those at Hollywood to shame. But its truly an all-rounder, thrilling Writing with memorable lines, good Director, excellent choice in castings, touching OST. But what’s so wrong to love it for its love relationship between the Leads, from their Genesis when their hearts were stirred and starting to come out of their cocoon, to secretly longing and watching over each other (at rooftop also) but not desiring more, wanting to show his face even if it endangered him. Then voluntarily back off so that she will not be hurt, vowing accepting each other even if his dad may have kill my dad, trusting when the world doubts…. All these naked thoughts and struggles the Writer is successful in allowing to peep into the Leads’ inner feels, and felt them. Now writing about them, I feels it as real as then, 1 year ago.
“Media exists to diagnose and Heal the diseases of this world.”  Drama exists to de-stress and heal the heart-diseases of this world. And Healer’s OTP love is of another league above the rest. When real life love doesn’t churn out like this, it makes you believe and hope someone out there maybe does loves like that. Loving a drama, not because its excellent directing or acting alone, just simply love a drama for her love story, call me superficial I also don’t mind. Love is simple theme, but always out of reach in some’s life, wounded some.

“I knew it.” Quoting Youngshin. A short 3 words, but hidden a lot, in it was her telling JH to come back even if he cannot find, because her heart knew his dad is innocent. “Faith”is the word. (a simple demo of the “love” I kept talking about here.)

• Like 4

all chingus @ Healerites:
this is my first time posting @ soompi Healer forum, know why?
gotta owned up, i just learned how to post, say a month ago. never tried, too shy in the past. knowing that Healer-fever will be approaching soon since that first anniversary of Healerya. so i told myself better learn how to post.

was at Remember war of son where PMY is. so here am i. late swooning with all saints here.

• Like 2

yeah, did voting for Healer at both soompi and dramabeans sites. healer did draw a few fires since he 'rob' some dramas off their votes and sent those drama's fans into fury. so i do seek refuge here and dramabeans where the 'worshipers' of Healer are.
i felt so at home, where all just simply truly sincerely love a drama, not figthing over whether its directing or writing or acting is worth it... love OTP for OTP, what's so wrong? love a simple "love story' shallow or not, i don't care lah.
since Healer will not get any KBS awards, arrrrgggghhhh.... we are eternally his, the crews and the casts knew, enough already right.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Healer is by far my favorite drama, and although I have been lurking for a while now I am happy to join to wish our Healer Happy Anniversary, even if its a bit late. I have been growing nostalgic for this drama, and I have rewatched the entire thing yet another time. *sigh* I am so sad that I can't wait with bated breath for another episode like the old days. And everyone don't forget to vote for everything healer here on soompi! Thank you everyone! I always checked the thread and laughed and agreed with the chatting of the episodes on here before.. *sniffles* I need my very own healer hug... Lol. I wish. 

Edited by Dramaniac
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Dramaniac said:

Hi everyone! Healer is by far my favorite drama, and although I have been lurking for a while now I am happy to join to wish our Healer Happy Anniversary, even if its a bit late. I have been growing nostalgic for this drama, and I have rewatched the entire thing yet another time. *sigh* I am so sad that I can't wait with bated breath for another episode like the old days. And everyone don't forget to vote for everything healer here on soompi! Thank you everyone! I always checked the thread and laughed and agreed with the chatting of the episodes on here before.. *sniffles* I need my very own healer hug... Lol. I wish. 

I need, too. I am with you. :wub:. Gook luck to us!

Miss Healer drama/Healer couple so much!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, yumiko_hitoshi said:

I need, too. I am with you. :wub:. Gook luck to us!

Miss Healer drama/Healer couple so much!

Aw thank you my friend. Fighting! 

2 hours ago, hrh77 said:

http://www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2015/

Congratulations to Healer as Best Drama of 2015!!..  

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Although Healer being the best drama is obviously obvious, is it not? 

• Like 6

On 26.12.2015 at 7:55 PM, rrmski said:

It's great to see that people still post in this beloved thread. I miss our wonderful Healer days!
And after a long wait, I finally got my Healer additional package and I love it
:wub:. It's really awesome...!

Reveal hidden contents

0061LbPOgw1ez9scgr062j31kw23uagj.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

0061LbPOgw1ez9scmbnmwj31kw16odnj.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

0061LbPOgw1ezdmemngz8j31kw16ogq3.jpg

:heart: I wish all Healerites Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :heart:

Anyone here who ordered from Yesasia and already got the extra?

• Like 1

Guest cutie_min
15 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Anyone here who ordered from Yesasia and already got the extra?

Me! I got mine last Saturday. Actually I was so anxious waiting for the package so I sent them an email asking for the extras on 20th. And on 21st YesAsia replied me and gave tracking code from ups.

54 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

dear all CHINGU:
kindly enlighten here, whether Ji chang wook or Park Minyoung will be attending any SBS or KBS award tonight. i am streaming, cannot find them. at both award show.

JCW is in China and will be in a Chinese Eve Countdown Show. PMY is probably busy filming her drama or resting. They don't attend any awards in Korea this year.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Dramaniac said:

Aw thank you my friend. Fighting! 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Although Healer being the best drama is obviously obvious, is it not? 

There are still some online voting, so vote ONLY for HEALER... all kinds of Healer straight!!... Counting on you, please spread this link... Thank you!!

http://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2015-vote/

• Like 4

On December 30, 2015 at 10:30 PM, maryofbethany said:

yeah, did voting for Healer at both soompi and dramabeans sites. healer did draw a few fires since he 'rob' some dramas off their votes and sent those drama's fans into fury. so i do seek refuge here and dramabeans where the 'worshipers' of Healer are.
i felt so at home, where all just simply truly sincerely love a drama, not figthing over whether its directing or writing or acting is worth it... love OTP for OTP, what's so wrong? love a simple "love story' shallow or not, i don't care lah.
since Healer will not get any KBS awards, arrrrgggghhhh.... we are eternally his, the crews and the casts knew, enough already right.

Healer was included on 2014 KBS drama awards, that's why.... But some online voting for 2015 Drama awards, included Healer....

But I was surprised on DramaBeans Editor's pick(s)..... 

• Like 3