[Drama 2014] CSTV Greatest Marriage -최고의 결혼

irilight

ravendark said: Hey all :) I watched the first episode raw, even though I dont understand most of the conversations, its quite figurable whats going on. I must say because of the main leads I dont quite like at all(yep three of them ), I was thinking to pass this drama. But then decide to give it a chance, Suprisingly I enjoyed the first ep. Probablı it will be better with subs. I guess from the preview more fun on the way. 
ps. Helloo there @valsava we meet again:) 
one question; is anybody felt dying with hunger when they were eating shells? Even though I am not crazy of them, oddly I would eat a bucket of them at that moment. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stars Wrestle with Tough Parental Choices in New Soap

photo493473.jpg

Park Si-yeon and Bae Soo-bin, the stars of the new weekend drama "Greatest Marriage" on TV Chosun, believe there is no such thing as a perfect marriage, but patience and compromise will pay off.

The first episode will be aired at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Park plays a successful career woman who voluntarily becomes a single mom. She does not like the idea of getting married but wants to have a child. She breaks up with her boyfriend, who does not want the responsibility, and decides to raise the baby alone.

"In the past, it was socially unacceptable to be a single mother, but things are changing little by little", she says.

Park herself gave a birth to a baby girl in September last year and Bae had a son in June this year. It is their first project after becoming parents.

"I now have a deeper understanding of motherhood, childcare and my profession", she says.

For Bae, the comic role is a new departure. "I longed for this opportunity, and as soon as I read the script I wanted to do it", he said.

Park, who won over viewers as a femme fatale in her latest soap on KBS, makes the opposite choice this time. She chooses family over career and status.

"I was able to connect very well to the ups and downs that this character goes through", she says.

Last year, in the third year of her marriage, she was sentenced to two years' probation for illegal use of the tranquilizer Propofol.

"My husband is consistently calm, but I have big mood swings. Without his constant support, I don't think I would have been able to start working again", she says.

Park says she worked hard to get back into shape after childbirth and lost 22 kg in six months to get back in front of the cameras. [more]

Guest ravendark

Yes he sure is.

I don't know about you all but that bed scene made me rather uncomfortable. what I mean by that is that I don't fin him appealing or attractive; that and he is too dang skinny in my opinion. As well as, I was not feeling that scene at all.

Exactly what I thought. How much I try, I cant see him as man or attractive of any kind:(

Am enjoying everyone's lovely input on the drama  so far (especially their thoughts about this guy :)
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109966645

L1EoEYF.jpg

@fringe thanks for Ep 2 raw and clips. I could have sworn BSB appeared in Episode  2, wouldn't have known it from the clips uploaded by TV Chosun.   Hmm ...

I too am enjoying everyone's input while waiting for the subbed episode.

my guess is that DF will post ep.1 tomorrow by mid morning, and ep. 2 a bit later in the day. At least I have a vague recollection like that of another weekend drama they subbed. I wish they would not totally close the office on weekends, and sub weekend drama just as Viki and Kdrama do. But still I am grateful that they are bringing us this drama.

Welcome all new comers to The Greatest Marriage thread    :)

@fringe, thank you for all videos.

@ravendark... wow . we had opposite impressions... I have only seen PSY in Nice Guy and I thought she was very good in it.  BSB has started the 2nd lead syndrome for me in Brilliant Legacy. hehe..Since then I watched him in several drama and drama special, several thanks to @cynkdf's recommendations. He is a versatile actor who has taken on several different and some tough roles, and did wonderful in them. I did not like their characters in those respective drama, but that is because they acted them so well.  I look forward to seeing both him and PSY in a comedy.  NMH I have not seen in a drama before, but I liked how animated he seems in this drama pieces I saw. I am glad you are here, despite the fact you did not like the leads. Maybe you would like them in this drama... and hopefully, in the very least - enjoy the drama.

@thao_2512, I tend to agree with you... And I added Coffee House to my List. Thank you for the recommend.

oh.. I can barely wait for the subbed episodes...  And those food sections.... I love culinary drama, and I am do happy that NMW plays a food reporter, and cooks.

I finished watching these two episodes... Totally Loving it...

It is fresh. It is different.. Where so many drama take ages to get into the story, here they jump right in... and with one surprise after another.

"Greatest Marriage" Park Si-yeon and Noh Min-woo-I

photo494210.jpg

A red light came on in Park Si-yeon and Noh Min-woo-I's relationship.

On the second episode of the TV Chosun drama "Greatest Marriage", Cha Ki-yeong (Park Si-yeon), a pregnant news anchor, went to meet her boyfriend Park Tae-yeon's (Noh Min-woo-I) family.

His family was extremely conservative. Tae-yeon pointed out Cha Ki-yeong's clothes and told her to wear a traditional Hanbok if she wanted to get his father's permission. However, she was stubborn and they quarreled even before they got home.

As expected, Park Tae-yeon's parents didn't like Cha Ki-yeong. Park Kang-rok (Lee Jeong-gil) was shocked to hear that she was two years older than his son; her mother ran a restaurant and her father was a movie producer. He intentionally showed his displeasure by saying, "People who run restaurants like that for a long time tend to smell".

Park Kang-rok and Jeon Ryeo-ja (Yoon Mi-ra) told Cha Ki-yeong to quit her job. Jeon Ryeo-ja looked at Cha Ki-yeong disgracefully and said, "We have memorial service 12 times a year. You won't be able to balance work at the same time. Will you have any trouble having children?"

Cha Ki-yeong couldn't stand the arrogant attitudes of Park Tae-yeon's parents who insulted her parents and got up from her seat. Park Kang-rok was mad to see her leave and threw something at Park Tae-yeon who was hit and started bleeding from the head.

Park Tae-yeon followed Cha Ki-yeong out and yelled, "Don't you want to get married with me? You can't stand this?" and Cha Ki-yeong yelled back, "I don't have to stand it. I am not getting married to you".

Source: Hancinema

@valsava, I haven't seen UHK in any drama before; so far she's been quite good.
@ravendark, it's great you are being objective.  See, for me I am prepared to like/love this drama simply because of my love for BSB. So for you to say you quite like this drama so far despite your dislike of leads is a testament to the quality of the drama
@irilight, there's something wrong with my PC I want to mark your latest post as awesome but it tells me I have to enable javascript? Great start to the drama so far.  PSY is awesome, totally badass; NMW, despite being too pretty for my taste, is cute. Am liking the competent supporting cast  especially Jo Eun Ji. 
JEJ at the script reading - looks like one cool customer. I had a good feeling about her when I saw this pic:
R51TEtS.jpg

And last but not least, I am loving BSB (naturally :)) in this role despite his being such a grade A jerk. There must be a reason why he took on this role which makes him so obnoxious .. maybe later on Jo Eun Cha will get a knock on the head and undergo a positive character transformation? Please say it's so, writer-nim?

I quite liked the first two episodes, largely on the strength of the lead character. If she continues to be this forthright, unapologetic and self-reliant, this Drama will be a sure winner for me. I just hope they don't make her go all soft later. 
I also like her interactions with the skinny weed who should definitely keep his shirt ON, please!. He looks scrawny, but after two episodes I've already seen something I like about his  version of the chaebol heir. Not a novel character, but pairing him with the very definition of an anti-Candy makes for a fresh feel to the setup. 
My only real concern comes with the pace of the character development. If the preview is right and the Drama's going to be following four couples over 20 eps, that's a whole lot of characters to write for. I hope that we don't see superficial development, or none at all, for some or all of the other characters and couples. And please, let scrawny weed's noona end up with spunky sassy rent-a-boy rather than jerkface. I want this partly because jerkface IS such a jerkface, but mostly because her ending up with her first is such a tired cliché it would be nice to see this Drama ditch it. Certainly Pedro already comes across as  more interesting than a typical gigolo, so maybe they will dodge the trope and give us a relationship that would almost literally kill her father. Thereby doing the world a favour, as it happens. 

@stuartjmz, I always enjoy reading your insights in threads where I lurk.:) The interaction between Pedro  and the noona was enjoyable,  and I look forward to watching their relationship develop.
Meanwhile the preview of Ep 3 uploaded by TV Chosun is a little different from the one shown at the end of Ep 2 - 0:19 LOL at Jerkface:

Guest ravendark

@cynkdf‌ idd glad to stay. Wierd enough i started to like BSB'S char in this drama. Obnoxious but some how cute. For female lead i was amazed with her char at 2.nd ep. When she stand against the probable in laws. I guess my first imp. Of them changing. Oh noes... Still dont like the 2. Male lead. Thanks to @stuartjmz‌ put it verywell: dont let his shirt of please. I just cringe every time i see his chest. Being thin is not a crime and can be presented elegant ly but if they think that chest show öf him was sexy i suggest them to think again.

Sorry. He mey be a good actor and person but someone just leading him wrong.

ravendark said:  I just cringe every time i see his chest. Being thin is not a crime and can be presented elegant ly but if they think that chest show öf him was sexy i suggest them to think again. Sorry. He mey be a good actor and person but someone just leading him wrong.

@ravendark admittedly I am really biased in BSB's favour but I've always hoped that he'd be cast in a role where he'd show viewers his charm and playfulness (not that JECa*s*s* seems to be that role for now, unfortunately).
Probably my fave video of BSB here :

0:32-0:37 my fave part :)

Archived