[Drama 2014] CSTV Greatest Marriage -최고의 결혼

irilight

Guest kngdrama

@cyndkf
Rules of Dating, hmm.. It does seem that the main lead initially was a despicable sex-obsessed playboy but found a heart while helping to heal heroine's emotional wounds. 
This is totally unexpected for me as I thought it would be a stereotypical noona romance but now I see that it's the other way around. While PSY's and NWM's characters have depth and emotional overtones, BSB's character is two-dimensional, caricature, really. I even thought that he was overacting a bit, especially when he came to convince the sister that he loved her. 
What can I say? Intrigued with the writer's approach. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stuartjmz that is a great point you made regarding the distinction between actor and character. I shall try to be more careful in future.  BTW, re Once Was A Romcom, I am sure you realise that zombie wife is on the cast of  The Greatest Marriage?
Who knows, PSY's character might end up single and satisfied.
@kngdrama even I thought BSB overacted just a little (this coming from one of his craziest fans). He has said in an interview that his character is "mixed with humanity and pathos, and humour".  Maybe the humanity part will surface later? 
The two main leads of The Greatest Marriage inviting viewers to watch Ep 1:
https://twitter.com/cstorykr/status/515719912216485889/photo/1

NWUIjdg.jpg

S33Aanu.jpg

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 600; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Park Si Yeon Shares Her Thoughts on Her New Drama “Greatest Marriage”
Fotor01001105354.jpg

Actress Park Si Yeon shared her thoughts on her new drama, “Greatest Marriage.”

Park Si Yeon made a comeback to the television screen through her role as an anchor named Cha Ki Young in TV Chosun’s new drama, “Greatest Marriage,” and on October 1, her agency Didim 531 shared photos from her photo shoot.

Park Si Yeon posed with her effortless grace in a large garden of a studio in midst of the trees and flowers. Her elegant and yet dazzling look is more than enough to be eye catching.

In an interview that followed her photo shoot, she said, “I think I will be able to portray the life of a woman more earnestly than the roles I have had before.” She expressed her great expectations for this drama.

TV Chosun’s new drama, “Great Marriage,” that aired its first episode on September 27 is about the dating and marriage stories of four couples that revolve around a single mother.

Park Si Yeon’s photo shoot and interview can be found in the October edition of InStyle magazine.

Source: Soompi

hmmm. this is not really saying much...

Guest kngdrama

Amazing. Feeling stupid for dismissing BSB's character in favor of the rich boy… I am going to look for the rare signs of humanity in the anchor. 
Thank you for the thread, insights, and links. 
@cyndkf
I think that PSY's character will eventually marry. "Greatest Marriage" is an obvious hint, right? 

@irilight thanks for posting the article and beautiful pictures.  PSY is doing an amazing job so far, bodes well for the drama.
@kngdrama - no need to feel stupid; no one in their right mind would think BSB's character (as portrayed in early episodes) would make a good husband :)
Is the title "Greatest Marriage" a red herring? I was confused when three weeks ago TV Chosun called the drama " Love and Marriage" and then reverted to the original title "Greatest Marriage"/"Best Wedding".
Please see this clip which was Eng-subbed and shown to prospective overseas buyers at a broadcasting trade fair in Seoul on 4 September:

@stuartjmz, I always get a kick out of the names you give the various characters..   =))

@kngdrama, welcome to The Greatest Marriage thread.

I enjoy reading your POV. I too love that food is the background... I hope it continues even if/after Gi-Young (PSY's character) and Tae-Yeon (NMW's character) break up.

@cynkdf, @kngdrama, I too  think that BSB is overacting, and I hope he tones it down a bit. My guess is that his personality will undergo a huge change once he gets into a real romantic relationship, where his heart is on the line.

kngdrama
said: @cynkdf, 
Hello girlfriend, long time no see since the madness of Secret :)
I cannot conceive a realistic way for BSB to turn his character around and start appreciating a single mom, a rival. Is he a softie inside? Also, wouldn't it be too weird to have BSB court PSY when he had a one-night stand with NMW's sister, who is the father of PSY'child? Sorry for using actors' real names, I haven't learned all the drama names yet.
Anyway, thanks for the link - off to read ladies's thoughts on Greatest Marriage. 

class="entry-title single-title" style="margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Oswald, Arial, Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; font-size: 50px; line-height: 60px; letter-spacing: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: center; text-indent: 0px; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: url( section-header.png) 0px 50% repeat-x;"“GREATEST MARRIAGE” – FIRST IMPRESSIONSGM-header.jpg

TV’s new Sat/Sun drama “Greatest Marriage” began this past weekend and I finally got a chance to watch it. I’m not quite sure what to make of it yet, to be honest. It wasn’t that I was bored or fast-forwarded through anything but when it was over, I did wonder what the hell I just watched. (LOL)

Read full article on Couch -Kimchi

Guest kngdrama

@lrlllght
Thank you for your wonderful post. As for the recap you linked, I absolutely agree with tesoro. Again, just think that GY will have a baby with TY, but will (maybe) marry EH who slept with TY's sister. I bet TY and his little angry family that is stuck in medieval times would want to put their paws on the baby… and his aunt would forever remember that her nephew's stepfather took her virginity. 
Ugh, that Kdrama's impossible scheming! 

cynkdf

said:

@stuartjmz that is a great point you made regarding the distinction between actor and character. I shall try to be more careful in future.  BTW, re Once Was A Romcom, I am sure you realise that zombie wife is on the cast of  The Greatest Marriage?
Who knows, PSY's character might end up single and satisfied.

Guest jennaray

Hello!

Unhygienic - kissing bleeding lips.The chef kind of feminine in character.

Very shocking to see his father at one moment playing golf like a pro but at home acted a violent man (big gangster) and his mom couldn't do anything to

protect her son but only look nice wearing the traditional handbok , an insight to ponder on human beings.  

@irilight, thanks - love your post. Would be great to hear your thoughts on the movie as I think it will give us  (hopefully) a better idea of where the writer is heading.
@kngdrama - I am clinging on to the hope that

Secret started off with two jerks and ended up with one

:)  Maybe the same thing will happen here, ie BSB's character undergoes a personality transplant - first in K-drama history perhaps?

@tessieroo wrote a great recap, although I am disappointed she doesn't like the drama - for now anyway.  
@stuartjmz 90 dramas eh? I think I've only completed about 15 K-dramas, maybe less (mostly BSB's).  Whatever happens to the show, I will  keep on watching it, all the while hoping that Jo Eun Cha will somehow undergo an almost complete personality change.
@jennaray, I agree - it was shocking to see NMW's character's father hitting him. Gosh this show is full of flawed characters.
@wowastyle first time I've seen PSY's acting, she's stealing the show. 
Regarding the poster @irilight mentioned, it's intriguing:
9oHhmtU.jpg

inside that TV frame the hand on Cha Gi Young's shoulder belongs to Park Ta Yeon.

irilight said:
class="content-title" style='font: 600 23px/1.4em "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: normal; visibility: visible; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(255,255,255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;'Park Si Yeon Shares Her Thoughts on Her New Drama “Greatest Marriage”
Fotor01001105354.jpg

Actress Park Si Yeon shared her thoughts on her new drama, “Greatest Marriage.”

Park Si Yeon made a comeback to the television screen through her role as an anchor named Cha Ki Young in TV Chosun’s new drama, “Greatest Marriage,” and on October 1, her agency Didim 531 shared photos from her photo shoot.

Park Si Yeon posed with her effortless grace in a large garden of a studio in midst of the trees and flowers. Her elegant and yet dazzling look is more than enough to be eye catching.

In an interview that followed her photo shoot, she said, “I think I will be able to portray the life of a woman more earnestly than the roles I have had before.” She expressed her great expectations for this drama.

TV Chosun’s new drama, “Great Marriage,” that aired its first episode on September 27 is about the dating and marriage stories of four couples that revolve around a single mother.

Park Si Yeon’s photo shoot and interview can be found in the October edition of InStyle magazine.

Source: Soompi

hmmm. this is not really saying much...

Welcome, @Jennaray, and @wowastyle    :)

@cynkdf, @jennaray,.. very perceptive of you both... here goes my theory down the drain.. hehe.

Next I wonder about the choice of color of their suits. With TY color suite being lighter color than EC's strong suite color suite suite... So it appears in the poster that EC strong color is more dominant than TY's color which one could argue - looks like a shadow.. oh. well. I probably read too much into it, but it gets me thinking now why the designed it this way...

I'm in love! I love Ki Young's character! Blunt, feisty, b i t c h y, rough, right in your face independently! But on the other hand, she's also dorky with a warm heart! She's my kind of female lead! Not the naive, calm, push over, hiding/keeping inside person!

Eun Cha's in his own little world! He seems overly stress, putting in lots of thoughts and very ambitious in pretty much everything that's going on in his life! In that case, he looks like he's putting on a show in front of others! To achieve what he wants without showing his real self and/or at least some of his true personalities, traits, characteristics! He's the main comedy factor in this drama eh!

Tae Yeon's so skinny! There's nothing wrong with that! I thought I pointed it out! My husband's about as skinny as him as well! Hehe! He looks good without the bangs! In that scene where he was cooking (for Ki Young thinking she may not be pregnant) with Myung Yi standing on the side, observing, helping him in the restaurant, I was concentrating on his face since his hair, bangs was covered by the hat! It was a moment of he looks good without the bangs! I hope his bangs turn into spikes or something later in the drama but I doubt that will happen! I love his corkiness, awkwardness, admittingly openness gentleman like with a some what cold shoulder!

Myung Yi's cute! And calculating! She has her mind set on Tae Yeon! And she's pursuing him! But at the same time, she's not really pushing it, being all over him! Whether it's for the money or not, I think she does like him!

Where's episode 3! Bring it on!

Edit

After I posted my comment, I read some of the recent posts and I can't help it but to add that Ki Young will eventually marry! Like someone mentioned, this drama isn't called The Greatest Marriage for nothing is it!

@irilight‌, "tiny round sea creatures" are snails! I have never ever try, eat them before! But my husband and his family loves them!

Regarding that poster, I think it's saying that Tae Yeon's the father of Ki Young's baby and once Eun Cha is associated with Ki Young, Eun Cha will take part in the responsibilities of being a father to the baby with Tae Yeon! In other words, Eun Cha will replace Tae Yeon! Tae Yeon's the past and Eun Cha's the future! In the frame within the poster, that hand, those bodies are their respective selves, it's just that the color of the suits are swapped for meanings!

And yes, I love that opening dance sequence too, @fantast1ksuae‌! Bae Soo Bin rocked it! I was kind of surprise!

Guest LadyAra

itemprop="name"Drama Club: Greatest Marriage Episode 2 Recap

GM_pregnant.png

We have an exciting episode of The Greatest Marriage! Revenge, pregnancies, and marriage proposals all rolled into one! Join Amy, Jazmine, and Taleena as we discuss this week’s episode.

pB3TiuilFLTGHvJdBgk2-my87unU8iSJFgVuU6aU

Revenge is sweet?

Amy: Jo Eun Cha is out for revenge! I’m wondering what Cha Ki Young did to him to make him so determined. It had to be something huge. He wasn’t even able to pursue his political career. I think that Bae Soo Bin is doing a great job with Eun Cha’s character. His facial expressions are on point and he manages to look good while acting crazy very well. [more]

I back read some more in the thread!

Really! Scratches my head! Hmmm!

I thought that bed scene was steaming and hot! Both No Min Woo and Park Si Yeon's portrayals and emotions are right on! It was a convincing awesomely aggressive love making scene! It was so real! That I was hoping to see more! Lol! Just kidding!

I could looked past No Min Woo's thin body, stomach, ribs showing to focus only on the love making! Also, I'm not one bit bother by his shirtless scenes! I guess it helps since my husband's physical appearance is similar to No Min Woo's!

Regardless, No Min Woo's portrayal of Park Tae Yeon makes me his fan! This is my first time seeing him act and I'm in love! I love his childish like, mature gentleman ways!

I love love Sun Nyeo's character and her scenes! Her facial expressions are priceless! Especially in that scene with Pedro bumping, hitting Eun Cha causing him to fall into the ground! So good!

Yes, I'm truly in love with this drama! Ha!

Archived