[Drama 2014] Misaeng, 미생

kaiskloset

#misaeng asst. managers club

now endorses #prospect too

waaaaaaaaaah unni @angels_natdylax05, how cute is ur Mr. kang  hahahaha

대리즈짱!

Just love the daeris along with the shinipz (new interns)

Edit: And can't wait to see Socialphobia

Even raw. 개벽이화이팅!

Fighting Byeon Yo Han! Definitely my new bias (along with Sora).

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kaiskloset said:

#misaeng asst. managers club

now endorses #prospec too

waaaaaaaaaah unni @angels_natdylax05, how cute is ur Mr. kang  hahahaha 

It will great if they can do a cf featuring the 3 assistant managers with KSR & KHN the 2 interns who are also endorsing Prospec. 8->

class="link"KDramaWomen'sWeek Day 5 : Inspirational Character of Choice

via http://feministkdramafeels.tumblr.com/post/112937032433/kdww-day-5-inspirational-character-of-choice

bylerougelenoir:

Ahn Young Yi from Misaeng, played by Kang So Ra

I haven’t planned to post anything today but as I was checking the entries for today’s kdramawomenweek and  kept reading about all these inspirational characters, I just knew I had to talk about her :

Ahn Young Yi
from Misaeng, beautifully portrayed by Kang Sora.

She was smart, capable and diligent and I loved how everyone acknowledged her for her skills and merit.

I loved how she was never one to back down, always resourceful and fighting her way out like the strong girl that she was despite moments of vulnerability. I loved how she faced extreme sexism and never let it affect her.

She played into their game intelligently instead of antagonizing them and when finally her team recognised her as one of them it was a true moment of glory not because she gained their approval and validation but because she made them indirectly declare their defeat and admit their mistakes.
I loved how she was independent, only relying on herself.
There was that scene where her heel broke and Beak-ki was right there next to her.
It didn’t even cross her mind to lean on him for purchase, she leant on whatever surface was close to her and sat down and took her shoes off.  It was her problem and thus her concern only and her backstory only confirmed this trait in her.
Life wasn’t always fair or easy and she knew early on she could only trust herself.
The difficult situation of her family would have made her a resentful or self-sacrificing character in any other drama so it was a nice change to see that while she worked hard for her family she never forgot about herself and her dreams.
As someone who had a lot of dreams when I was younger, none of which I have achieved or even got close to, this touched me on a personal level.
 I used to blame things on life and circumstances but Ahn Young Yi showed me how I can only blame myself and nothing will change until I take matters into my own hands and make the change happen myself. But the most beautiful thing about her is definitely how she was always kind.
She was the first to help Geu-rae and despite how harsh the trading world was she had never lost sight of what was right and wrong. She was practical but always ethical.
She was admirable and though the romance was ever so subtle in Misaeng (Baek-ki was the most obvious and how refreshing to see handsome, confident and perfect Baek-ki be so hesitant around her not knowing what to do with himself, she shone so bright),
I like to think everyone was a little bit in love with her in a way just like I was.

FUN FACT: I saw on naver that Lee jae hoon was actually considering the role of jang reu as his comback from the military, but he took secret soor instead. IF he had taking the role he would have also reunited with kang sora his other paporatti costar.  ALSO kang Hanuel is in talks for a movie with park shin hye, it seems like kang sora and park shin hye are completely switching partners lol.

Guest Sunnysn

'Superstar K5's Jung Eun Woo does a beautiful cover of 'Misaeng' OST

Looks like former 'Superstar K5' top 10 contestant Jung Eun Woo is a fan of the drama 'Misaeng', which is just more good news for our ears. Check out her cover for the song "Tomorrow", originally sung by Han Hee Jung for the 'Misaeng' OST.
In the clip above, Jung Eun Woo enchants us with a quiet cover of "Tomorrow," her calm voice lightly singing over the sounds of her guitar. She makes a cover that stays true to the tone of the original song, giving 'Misaeng' fans a special treat to remember the drama.

Make sure to check out Jung Eun Woo's Facebook page for more updates and covers!

source :http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/superstar-k5s-jung-eun-woo-does-a-beautiful-cover-of-misaeng-ost

Is there any news update about the season 2 of the webtoon? I've read somehere that it will be released around March.

Arrrrgh I miss Sales Team 3 sooooo baaaad

3346_L_1426129239.jpg

“Misaeng” season two is expected to release in March of next year on the portal site, Daum.

LINK http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/23/misaeng-author-talks-about-season-2-webtoon-series/

LINK http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/22/misaeng-season-2-under-consideration/

Not much happening in daum still. last posted was around nov of 2014

LINK http://webtoon.daum.net/webtoon/view/miseng

Media preview

congrats.gif
March 13, 2015

'Cable TV Awards' 'Incomplete Life' and producer Na Young-seok sweep awards

Source: TV Report via Hancinema

20150313_1426240526_14575700_1.jpg
CJ E&M channel was crowned winner of 5 awards at Cable TV Awards, which suits their stance as a leader among cable broadcasting companies.

Cable TV Awards was held at Dongdaemoon Design Plaza in the afternoon on March 13th.

"Incomplete Life" was the winner of Grand Award on this day. As Si Wan and Kang Ha-neul were awarded for 'Star Award – Actor' category, the drama took three awards home.

Producer Kim Won-seok of "Incomplete Life" said, ""Incomplete Life" was like a dream for me. It's a drama I've been dreaming about for a long time. It was not easy to wake up from the dream. The script made us cry and laugh just by reading it. The script always came out in front of us before the filming started each time. The already established actors tried even harder to prepare in advance with the script. No actors disappointed me on the set. They always touched my heart".

He also said "I will make dramas that can come closer to viewers and appeal more". Producer Kim Won-seok celebrated their achievement along with Si Wan and Kang Ha-neul.

Producer Na Young-seok's acceptance speech was also impressive. He was awarded 'Special Award' and 'Project Award'. Producer Na Young-seok said, "I'm truly grateful. I could achieve the result thanks to the base our senior fellow workers have been built up for the last 20 years (in cable TV industry). I'd like to thank our senior fellow workers who have worked hard".

The award ceremony was prepared to celebrate the 20th anniversary since the formation of cable TV industry. Awards were presented for the categories including Producers, Writers, Planned Report, Announcer & Reporters, Professional MC, Project Award, and Star Award.

Winners

▲ Actors : Si Wan, Kang Ha-neul, Sim Hyeong-tak

▲ Singers : Si Wan, Ivy, Jei (Fiestar), Han Seung-yeon (Kara), Jiyeon (T-ara), Yura (Girl's Day), EXID, Hong Jin-young, Ailee리, Bangtan Boys (BTS)

▲ Producers : Na Young-seok, Kim Won-seok

▲ Comedians : Ahn Yeong-mi, Jeong Joon-ha

▲ Broadcasters : Park Ji-yoon-II, Choi Hee

▲ Announcers : Jeon Hyeon-moo, Yoon Tae-jin, Kim Se-hui, Kim Sun-sin

▲ Grand Award : Incomplete Life (Dicrector Kim Won-seok, CJ E&M)

Guest kyung-jin

The 12 best and worst K-drama perms

by Rara Pop on Thu, Mar 12, 2015

5. Kim Dong Sik AKA Assistant Manager Kim (Kim Dae Myung) – Misaeng

Misaeng_1.png

misaeng_2.jpg

This perm is another example where the style fits perfectly for the character. I just want to give Assistant Manger Kim a big bear hug!

Verdict: Yes? Yes! 8/10

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/12-of-the-best--worst-permed-hairstyles-in-k-dramas/ 

March 16, 2015

CJ E&M Announces MIPTV 2015 Lineup with All-new Formats

Source: Hancinema.net

Asia's leading media conglomerate brings extraordinary content from ordinary subjects

Asia's leading content and media company CJ E&M has unveiled its slate for MIPTV 2015, which features nine new key formats. Korea's latest mega hit reality entertainment Three Meals a Day leads the lineup, as well as unprecedented music entertainment show I Can See Your Voice, and regional cooking competition Dish of the Nation. Scripted formats include "Let's Eat", "Sing Again, Hera Gu", "The Idle Mermaid", and "Incomplete Life".

Discovering extraordinary formats from ordinary subjects such as food, singing, on-line games, and office life, CJ E&M presents a strong lineup of entirely new content that is making its international debut in Cannes.

"We are thrilled to bring such unique formats to this year's MIPTV. Now is the time for Asian formats to prove to the world that we have something different to present. Our fresh and new formats will meet the needs of all buyers", said Hwang Jin Woo, Head of Formats at CJ E&M.

UNSCRIPTED FORMATS
Three Meals a Day is a No, 1 weekend primetime show in Korea, having become the latest phenomenon in recent months. It is a cooking-themed reality show with 3S's (Slow, Simple and Self-sufficient) that people yearn for in their busy life. Main characters stay in a designated village or on a remote island for a few days, miles away from their convenient lifestyle, and are left with nothing else but to cook for themselves three times a day. Continuously breaking ratings records each week on the air, Three Meals a Day had peaked to 16.8% at one point, with Episode 5, in particular, reached an average rating of 14.2%. From the original creators of the international hit Grandpas over Flowers at tvN, Three Meals a Day invites viewers to experience the next funniest yet heartwarming reality of all ages.

I Can See Your Voice is a new type of music entertainment format where contestants compete to prove that they have what it takes to be "recognized" as talented singers. Up to 8 contestants, who are either extremely talented in singing or tone-deaf, take part to convince a celebrity judging panel and a guest artist who, in the end, has to decide which contestant genuinely sings well, not lip-syncing or imitating the motions and gestures of a singer.

Broadcast on Korea's top food channel Olive, Dish of the Nation is the only cooking competition format that is localized to introduce indigenous dishes and culinary skills throughout various regions in one country. It will let viewers discover which region's symbolic recipe becomes the dish of the nation.

From START 'till CLEAR is an innovative game tutorial show for average players. As not everyone plays like god, a host and his friends play a new game every episode from the beginning until it is all clear. Viewers can immediately find straight reviews, tips and play guides of the game.

Let's Go Time-Travelers is a comedy reality show about going back in time to experience the real lives of our great grandfathers. Celebrities will find their roots and learn about the wisdoms of older generations, while stumbling upon the inconvenient lifestyle of the old.

SCRIPTED FORMATS
Korea's most sensational drama series of 2014 "Incomplete Life" (Misaeng) depicts the everyday lives of average office workers based on a popular webtoon about a failed professional Go player who ends up working at a trading company. As the lead character meets a charismatic boss, he struggles to manage daily tasks in the corporate world. Having set record high ratings and garnered extremely high attention from various groups of viewers, "Incomplete Life" has become a cultural phenomenon in Korea.

Propelling the "Muk-bang" (eating scene) TV trend in Korea, "Let's Eat" is a romantic comedy of singles who love to browse their favorite foods on the blog site "Let's Eat" to relieve stress from work. The main characters live alone in studio apartments, and as they get to know their co-workers and neighbors, they gradually learn how to build new relationships through food eating. The show inspires viewers to enjoy delicious meals and hunt them down in real life. Riding high on the success of Season 1, the second season of "Let's Eat" will premiere in April.

Musical drama "Sing Again, Hera Gu" shows lives of aspiring young musicians and their hopes to become K-Pop stars. Seven friends fail to qualify in a well-known singing competition, but they continue on with a journey to follow dreams while overcoming challenges with courage and passion, and of course sharing their passion for music.

"The Idle Mermaid" is a new fairy-tale-inspired drama about a mermaid who experiences life on earth for the first time, and her new life takes place in Seoul. Moving into a house with young job seekers, she struggles to find true love in order to become a real human within 100 days. The drama unfolds a unique plot and a creative satire that transcends genres.

The aforementioned lineup by CJ E&M will be exhibited on the stand #P-1 D75 at MIPTV 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kimsontoya

I know I'm bloody late but just want to express how I love this series.  Looking forward for Season 2.  The office scenes are very raw and realistic.  Listed in my Most, Most, Most Awesome Kdramas List.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; widows: 1; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"K-Drama Trend: Return of the Nice Guykokoberry April 2, 2015K-Drama Trend: Return of the Nice Guy

Have you noticed the recent trend of nice guys in male lead roles in K-Dramas? Sure, plenty of bad boys get reformed and transformed because of the girl they love and end up becoming a nice guy. That’s pretty unrealistic in real life though. Recently, there has been an increasing number of nice guys who are nice from beginning to end, true nice guys. They are different from the stereotypical bad boys, but they are not pushovers either. Let’s take a look at some recent K-Drama nice guys and let us know whether you prefer bad boys or nice guys.

Jang Geu Rae from “Misaeng”

ImSiWanJangGeuRae

Im Siwan‘s character in “Misaeng” was heartrendingly kind and resilient. He was the ultimate underdog we were all rooting for. I don’t think viewers would have rooted for him if he hadn’t had a heart of gold. He was a dutiful son and a hard worker. Didn’t your heart break every time he faced a hardship? Although he faced many struggles before and after becoming an intern at One International, he never blamed anyone else. While Jang Geu Rae is far from a bad boy, he is capable of punching someone. Since he’s such an affable guy, he ends up becoming friends with that guy too. Jang Geu Rae hwaiting!

read full: http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/02/k-drama-trend-the-return-of-the-nice-guy/

Just want to say how much I immensely enjoyed this drama. It deserves to be a class on its own.  ;)
By the way, has their guesting on Taxi ever been subbed? I've been looking for it and couldn't seem to find any link. :( It's been months since the drama concluded, yet I'm still suffering from withdrawals. 

Archived