[Drama 2014] Misaeng, 미생

kaiskloset

Guest adikkeluangman

Byun Yo Han as presenter at at the APAN Star Awards last year.

He won Best New Actor award for drama Misaeng. Here selfie with the trophy.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2016 at 8:16 AM, Koshicha said:

None of these matter. All it matters is Grae ended up as a third-rate life in a third-rate company. The end.

@Koshicha  When you put it like that, the drama sounds very pessimistic and gives a bleak view on life. However, I tend to see the ending in this way: although Geu-rae doesn't make much money, he is somewhat happier where he is now. Then again, being number one in a number one rate company doesn't make one happy all the time either. It's really difficult to measure up one's sadness and happiness, there's no quantified measurement. 

Here's to wishing for your personal happiness. :thumbsup:

---------------

Btw hello everyone who's still here. I wasn't around when the drama was aired, but now I'm rewatching. The early episodes remind me of Twenty One Pilots' Stressed Out. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“Incomplete Life” (Misaeng) Cast And Director Talk About Future Second Season

The director and cast of tvN drama “Incomplete Life” (also known as “Misaeng”) held an event at the tvN10 Festival on October 9.

At the event were director Kim Won Suk, Lee Sung Min, Im Si Wan, and Kim Dae Myung. When asked what they had done after the series, Im Si Wan and Lee Sung Min said they were filming a movie (not together) and Kim Dae Myung said he had just finished a drama. Kim Won Suk said that he was preparing for his next project after finishing “Signal” earlier this year.

“The cast members still meet up as far as I know,” Kim Won Suk said. “The production staff meets in their respective teams too.”

He added, “‘Misaeng’ will have a second season. CJ E&M has already acquired the rights. Once the webtoon finishes its second season, we will start production. All the original actors have told me that they want to appear again. It’s not easy to get actors to agree on appearing before they even see the script.”

Lee Sung Min said, “If there’s an opportunity, I’d like to do it. I want to see the good teamwork we had last time.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/09/incomplete-life-misaeng-cast-director-talk-future-sequel/ 

• 2 months later...

3 Dramas That Really, Really Deserve A Second Season (And Have Flirted With The Possibility)

incomplete life signal drinking solo

Every year, dozens of dramas are aired, some to great fanfare and some to quietly slip under the radar. But among these, there are some that develop a great fanbase to the point that even when it ends, viewers demand a second season.

It might be that the drama has left some loose ends and open questions, or it could be that viewers want to see more of the chemistry between the original cast. Recently, TVReport compiled a list of three dramas that have been asking for a second season almost before they finished airing.

Incomplete Life (Misaeng)”

This tvN drama written by Jung Yoon Jung and directed by Kim Won Suk was the hot topic of 2014. Based on the webtoon of the same name, it told the story of Jang Geu Rae (Im Si Wan), who had to join the cruel reality of the workforce after failing to make it as a professional baduk player.

The webtoon was already quite famous, so there was concern when the news broke that it would be adapted into a drama. However, these concerns proved unfounded when Im Siwan, Kang Sora, Kang Ha Neul, Kim Dae Myung, and Byun Yo Han made us fall for the characters all over again. With relatable scenes and plotlines, “Incomplete Life” moved and comforted its viewers.

In 2015, it was announced that the webtoon would get a second season, heightening the anticipation for a similar sequel from the drama. Kim Won Suk, the producing director, has gone on record as saying, “‘Incomplete Life’ has plans for a second season. There is no doubt about it. CJ has the rights. It’s impossible that it wouldn’t come out after such a success.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/14/3-dramas-really-really-deserve-second-season-give-us-already/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived