[Reality 2014-2015] K-Pop Star Season 4

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi does anyone know if there were Kpopstar Auditions in Singapore?

@dasherella: I'm not sure if there were auditions in Singapore for this season last year.  There were auditions in USA and Australia.  Although Wikipedia says that it auditioned in Singapore, I can't find any indication of it, so I think it's wrong.  I don't think any of the contestants aired this season were from Singapore.  Kpop Star 3 did have an audition in Singapore. 

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/programCustom.do?pgm_id=22000003328&pgm_build_id=3401&pgm_mnu_id=13949

Top 8 battles:

1.  Esther vs Lily
2.  Jung Seung Hwan vs Park Yoon Ha
3.  Grace vs Katie
4.  Sparkling Girls vs Lee Jin Ah

Winners:  Esther, Park Yoon Ha, Katie, Lee Jin Ah

I felt like most of the performances were rather restrained.  The contestants seemed really stressed and lacked confidence in the pressure-filled environment.  

Lee Jin Ah had the most polished performance imo.  Based on today's performances overall, I think Lee Jin Ah will win #1 in the end.  

Guest Covercommentplease

So which contestant are you guys rooting for? I'm starting to really like Esther Kim alot, I initially like Lee Jin-ah and the guy but he's starting to be meh for me. Hope he starts making a 'bang' of a performance soon or the other contestant will beat him. Sparkling Girls just don't hit the spot for me somehow :/ #toomuchcryingmuch? 

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, March 15, 2015 : Variety - 5:00 PM

1. KBS Return of Superman15.9
2. MBC Real Man 13.2 
3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 12.6
4. SBS K-Pop Star 4 11.8 
5. SBS Running Man 10.6
6. MBC Animals 2.8 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89249/ratings-sat-sun-0314-1515-we-got-married-ratings-drop-despite-new-couples

The rating drop few percents and two places down (the usual place for this show) last week.

This contest is just a small scale compared what they will face after the show no matter what position they will got. It also will affect viewers choice on voting. (They still got live vote for this season right)

Top 4:1. Katie Kim2. Lily M.3. Jung Seung Hwan4. Lee Jin Ah

Eliminated:Park Yoon HaEsther Kim

The voting breakdown gives those with a larger fanbase a significant advantage.  I think both the eliminated contestants didn't really develop a strong fanbase even though the judges liked them a lot.  I think final three will be Katie Kim, Lily M, and Jung Seung Hwan.  They have the strongest fanbase.  

Guest adikkeluangman

Here the TOP6 profile pictures. Why did the stylist style Lily M like that. 10806305_782374888515381_101367801139986
JYP tweet something about Esther Kim yesterday.

에스더김 노래를 처음 듣는 순간 재능은 놀라운데 뭔가 마음을 상자 속에 넣고 닫아버린 느낌을 받았다. 그리고 저 친구 눈 속에 있는 아픔은 뭘까 궁금했었다. 프로그램이 진행되면서 그녀의 아버님이 (cont) http://t.co/8i6QhLawYL

— JY Park (@followjyp)

March 22, 2015

Guest bihahnn

Broseph said:

Top 4:1. Katie Kim2. Lily M.3. Jung Seung Hwan4. Lee Jin Ah

Eliminated:Park Yoon HaEsther Kim

The voting breakdown gives those with a larger fanbase a significant advantage.  I think both the eliminated contestants didn't really develop a strong fanbase even though the judges liked them a lot.  I think final three will be Katie Kim, Lily M, and Jung Seung Hwan.  They have the strongest fanbase.  

really? but they only 40% from the total marks right? anyway i really, really hope lee jin ah will go to final

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - Variety : 5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman 16.42. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 15.23. SBS K-Pop Star 4 11.54. MBC Real Man 11.4 5. SBS Running Man 9.56. MBC Animals 2.6 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89787/tv-ratings
Third place but still lower than last week.
-----Yang Hyun Suk Promotes YG By Dissing Antenna Music and JYP on “K-Pop Star”
Yang Hyun Suk actively promoted YG Entertainment to the “K-Pop Star” participants.
On the episode of SBS’s “K-Pop Star” aired on March 22, Esther Kim, Park Yoon Ha, Katy Kim, Lee Jin Ah, Jung Seung Hwan, and Lily M perform their second live stage in order to pick the top four.
yg-k-pop-star.png

During YG week with the six participants, Yang Hyun Suk says, “I need to promote YG, and I think the fastest way in doing so is to talk bad about the other companies.”
On Antenna Music he says, “Yoo Hee Yeol has such a good image. The bad thing about Antenna Music is that Kwon Jin Ah, from season three, still hasn’t made a debut,” pointing out that whoever joins from season four would likely debut later than her.
yg-k-pop-star-2.png

On JYP he says, “Park Jin Young will pour all his effort into you because he is the one who makes the songs. However, I have ten other people like Park Jin Young in YG.”

“Make sure you thoroughly think through which managing agency you want to go to. You have to be serious about it because this decision will change your life. I will say, though, that you have the best chance of succeeding in YG,” Yang Hyun Suk added.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/22/yang-hyun-suk-promotes-yg-by-dissing-antenna-music-and-jyp-on-k-pop-star/

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young shows his supports for Esther Kim from 'K-Pop Star 4'
Park Jin Young showed his supports for Esther Kim from 'K-Pop Star 4.'
March 22nd broadcast of SBS 'K-Pop Star Season 4' showed the top 4 round of Esther Kim & Park Yoon Ha, Katy Kim, Lee Jin Ah, Jung Seung Hwan, and Lily M.
After an intense competition, Lee Jin Ah was announced as the final winner of the round.
20150323205545_550fff4095536_1.jpg

After the result was announced, Esther Kim said, "I would like to say thanks to everyone for their amazing supports. I have had a great fortune to go through so many precious experiences through this program, and I have no regrets. I would like to say thanks to all of the judges as well. I hope to see you all again after I gain further progress."
Park Jin Young, the head producer of JYP Entertainment, wrote on his Twitter, "When I heard Esther Kim singing for the first time, I was amazed by her talent, but I felt like she was hiding something deep inside her mind, and I started wondering about her hidden story."
He continued, "I learned that she lost her father at an early age as the program went on, and I could feel what she was hiding inside her mind."
Park Jin Young also wrote, "After telling her father's story during the program, I could see her getting out of the trouble slowly, and during today's competition, I could not see the pain that she always had anymore. Her smile looked much brighter than ever, and I believe that she is the true winner of this week's 'K-Pop Star.'"
Meanwhile, Yang Hyunk Seok drew attention by making a criticism of Park Jin Young.
http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=367540

idk, i kinda feel like the show is really boring now instead of becoming more exciting.  I think Seung Hwan will win based on his popularity among female fans.  It is impossible to underestimate the power of teenage and early twenties female fans in South Korea.  
Lily has a lot of the older fans, who like seeing basically a cute pre-teen daughter-like singer.  There's a vacuum right now in that space, sort of in between Choo Sarang and Kim Yoo Jung.  
Lee Jin Ah has so few hardcore fans in the mainstream audience.  Everyone recognizes her talent.  They're just not going to buy her album though.  Even the judges are starting to see that.  I still can't believe she essentially refused JYP by not playing an R&B song at his request.  Like seriously, w.t.f. girl?  Just play a friggin R&B song, fer crying out loud and win the competition already. sigh.  Like if she did a fast paced soft rock ensemble or a Lady Gaga remix, I think she could blow everyone's minds. 
Katie has a lot of fans, but I think she peaked too late.  She doesn't have enough female fans.  And she's not quite pretty enough to attract sufficient numbers of male fans in a short amount of time.  Her constant stuttering, awkwardness, and slow speech is starting to grate too.  It was cute at first, but now it's just a bit on the irritating side.  

Guest doobidoobido

@Broseph Thank you for the info! About when do you think auditions will start for Season 5? Judging by the last seasons?

Guest adikkeluangman

KPOP Star 4 TOP4 - Katie Kim, Lily M, Jung Seung Hwan and Lee Jin Ah.CBF_46RVIAA6Gqq.jpg

At this time should have news about artist from the judges company to perform in the show either for debut or comeback. So far nothing like that.

Watching the show live right now.  Strangely, there's hardly any feeling of suspense.  It seems like it will be a showdown between Katie and Jung Seung Hwan in the end, or maybe Jung Seung Hwan vs Lee Jin Ah.  

JYP was reminiscing about past music.  The massive traditional Korean hot pot dinner they had together looked so awkward.  The contestants looked like they couldn't really eat that much either because of the strict dieting necessary to look good for TV.  

Lily goes first.  Her singing is alright but nothing spectacular imho.  Like others have mentioned, her songs earlier in the season seemed more impressive.  But the judges love her and give her high scores as usual. 271 total.
Dang... Lee Jin Ah can play piano!  wow.  superb.  magical.  How can you even compare Lee Jin Ah and Lily in the same round?  She's just too amazing a musician.  JYP was speechless.  Even YHY was shaking his head at the talent.  Lee Jin Ah played the song of her life.  If she doesn't move on into next round, <flip-table>.  I wonder why they didn't really dig into her history that much.  Maybe she doesn't have much of a history since she's always practicing music. 100 from JYP!!!! 90 from YG, 95 from YHY.  LJA is in the lead!

holeee crrraaap and Katie Kim knocks it out of the park.  Started soft and then went up from there.  Highest note I've heard this season.  omg. I wish the song went on longer.  YG's head was doing the bobbing out of rhythm thing, like way off the beat.  LJA vs Katie at this point. JYP 94, YHY 94, YG 97.  YG is trying to hold himself back from trying to recruit her. Of the contestants so far, Katie performs the most like a kpop star.  I'm surprised she didn't cry that much when her mom came.  Girl is stronger than she looks. 

(Shouldn't Samsung be giving these kids a free tablet for their music sheets?)

And Jung Seung Hwan brings it.  He finally gets his emotions back, now that Park Yoon Ha isn't in the picture anymore.  I swear, he has the most fans in the audience.  The screams for him are louder than any of the previous contestants.  The collective dropping of panties as his voice soars...  lol while YG is furiously scribbling down notes.  Wow there are even ahjumma and ahjussi fans in the audience for him.  If this guy doesn't make it to the finals from audience votes alone, I don't know what's going on.  lol at JYP trying to be cordial, but he's obviously jealous, envious and falling in manly love for JSH's voice.  94 JYP, 97 YHY, YG 98.  Dang.  It's gonna be close.  

Sorry Yura, I love you, but you're just mediocre as a live show host.  Is SBS too cheap to spring for a teleprompter for her?  

Special Stages:  Katie & Lily - sweet. Lily shines as the visual and has star like charisma.  Katie's voice is so far superior though, it's silly to even compare.  
Lee Jin Ah and Seung Hwan.  I've been wondering how they would sound together.  Pretty good.  They complement and harmonize almost instinctively to each other.  Seung Hwan's vocal range greatly supplements Jin Ah's limited vocality.   As a duo, I think they could easily win #1.  If only PYH was still here to do a trio.  

Lily needs to get on variety shows.  Her charisma is amazing.  

omg YG you suck.  Draw it out longer, will you?
So it's:1. Jung Seung Hwan (he's gonna win.. I think)2. Katie Kim3. Lee Jin Ah
And judges make their last pleas to Lily for recruitment.  I loved her little sister's pout.

Guest ekuku

I agree with this week result. I think Lily need more life experiences. She's great singer, but, I'm not connecting with her storytelling. She already get love calls from different agnecies. I was surprise how strong Katie is. I thought she would run to her mom after months of not seeing her.

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, March 29, 2015 - Variety : 5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman 15.92. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 13.23. MBC Real Man 11.5 4. SBS K-Pop Star 4 11.35. SBS Running Man 10.96. MBC Animals 2.5 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/90257/tv-ratings
-----Park Jin Young Gives First Perfect Score During Semi-Finals of “K-Pop Star 4″
“K-Pop Star 4″ judge Park Jin Young has given out his first-ever 100 point judgement to Lee Jin Ah.
On the March 29 broadcast of the SBS singing competition show, contestants Katie Kim, Lily M, Jung Seung Hwan, and Lee Jin Ah participated in a fierce contest to reach the show’s semi-finals, or “TOP 3.” For her performance during the show’s JYP week, contestant Lee Jin Ah performed her rendition of Sanulrim’s “Reminiscence.”
jyp.png

The judges responded very well to her performance, with Yang Hyun Suk saying that “the piano gave me goosebumps,” giving her 90 points. Judge Yoo Hee Yeol scored her even higher, giving her 95 points and saying, “You sang a different version of the song than the one I’m used to…the song was serene, and it felt like your piano had a lot that it wanted to say. Your risk paid off.”
However, the top score came from judge Park Jin Young, who said, “It’s such a pure song. You can’t mess with it carelessly. But your voice meshed with it perfectly. Today wasn’t an audition. I’ve never given out a perfect score before,” he said as he handed down his 100 point score.
parkjinyoung_perfect-score-539x900.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/29/park-jin-young-gives-first-perfect-score-during-semi-finals-of-k-pop-star-4/

Guest clover1987

Broseph said: Watching the show live right now.  Strangely, there's hardly any feeling of suspense.  It seems like it will be a showdown between Katie and Jung Seung Hwan in the end, or maybe Jung Seung Hwan vs Lee Jin Ah.  

JYP was reminiscing about past music.  The massive traditional Korean hot pot dinner they had together looked so awkward.  The contestants looked like they couldn't really eat that much either because of the strict dieting necessary to look good for TV.  

Lily goes first.  Her singing is alright but nothing spectacular imho.  Like others have mentioned, her songs earlier in the season seemed more impressive.  But the judges love her and give her high scores as usual. 271 total.
Dang... Lee Jin Ah can play piano!  wow.  superb.  magical.  How can you even compare Lee Jin Ah and Lily in the same round?  She's just too amazing a musician.  JYP was speechless.  Even YHY was shaking his head at the talent.  Lee Jin Ah played the song of her life.  If she doesn't move on into next round, <flip-table>.  I wonder why they didn't really dig into her history that much.  Maybe she doesn't have much of a history since she's always practicing music. 100 from JYP!!!! 90 from YG, 95 from YHY.  LJA is in the lead!

holeee crrraaap and Katie Kim knocks it out of the park.  Started soft and then went up from there.  Highest note I've heard this season.  omg. I wish the song went on longer.  YG's head was doing the bobbing out of rhythm thing, like way off the beat.  LJA vs Katie at this point. JYP 94, YHY 94, YG 97.  YG is trying to hold himself back from trying to recruit her. Of the contestants so far, Katie performs the most like a kpop star.  I'm surprised she didn't cry that much when her mom came.  Girl is stronger than she looks. 

And Jung Seung Hwan brings it.  He finally gets his emotions back, now that Park Yoon Ha isn't in the picture anymore.  I swear, he has the most fans in the audience.  The screams for him are louder than any of the previous contestants.  The collective dropping of panties as his voice soars...  lol while YG is furiously scribbling down notes.  Wow there are even ahjumma and ahjussi fans in the audience for him.  If this guy doesn't make it to the finals from audience votes alone, I don't know what's going on.  lol at JYP trying to be cordial, but he's obviously jealous, envious and falling in manly love for JSH's voice.  94 JYP, 97 YHY, YG 98.  Dang.  It's gonna be close.  

Sorry Yura, I love you, but you're just mediocre as a live show host.  Is SBS too cheap to spring for a teleprompter for her?  

Special Stages:  Katie & Lily - sweet. Lily shines as the visual and has star like charisma.  Katie's voice is so far superior though, it's silly to even compare.  
Lee Jin Ah and Seung Hwan.  I've been wondering how they would sound together.  Pretty good.  They complement and harmonize almost instinctively to each other.  Seung Hwan's vocal range greatly supplements Jin Ah's limited vocality.   As a duo, I think they could easily win #1.  If only PYH was still here to do a trio.  

And judges make their last pleas to Lily for recruitment.  I loved her little sister's pout.

Lee Jin Ah didn't sell out and played an R&B song, good for her. She's gotta follow her heart and her music sensibility. Not satisfy some judge's fantasy or curiosity. I think JYP respect that. If he's really her fan and not a mentor, then he should be happy to hear whatever she comes up with next.

Guest chickeyton

Broseph

said: Watching the show live right now.  Strangely, there's hardly any feeling of suspense.  It seems like it will be a showdown between Katie and Jung Seung Hwan in the end, or maybe Jung Seung Hwan vs Lee Jin Ah.  

Guest clover1987

chickeyton_stv said:

Broseph

said: Watching the show live right now.  Strangely, there's hardly any feeling of suspense.  It seems like it will be a showdown between Katie and Jung Seung Hwan in the end, or maybe Jung Seung Hwan vs Lee Jin Ah.  

Archived