[Reality 2014-2015] K-Pop Star Season 4

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, February 8, 2015 - Variety - 5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman19.52. MBC Real Man 16.3 3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 16.04. SBS K-Pop Star 4 13.1 5. SBS Running Man 11.66. MBC Animals 3.6 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/86994/tv-ratings
I think this season rating much higher than previous. I remember last season rating only one digit compared to this. 
Did the LIVE show already started?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The live show hasn't started yet.  They're still picking Top Ten.  
So this recent ep was kind of lame.  They eliminated Kang Pureum.  Shocking.  She was sick though and her voice was not in a good condition.  However, the judges declined to name a #1.  Instead both Lily and Ji-John were sent to the #2 room to battle it out again later.
Park Yoon Ha wins #1 and goes to Top Ten.  I think she has a legit shot at Top 3.  Na Soo Hyun goes home.  They have such the hate on for the little girl.  It's so unfair.  The Three Siblings are #2.
And then they didn't really finish the last round, only showing Esther and Lee Jin Ah.  But I think Lee Jin Ah will win.  The bias that they have for her is enormous.  Esther did alright too, but I felt like it was only slightly better than what Grace Shin did.  They didn't show Ada Wong in this ep, but it's probably obvious that she's not going to do that well against such tough competitors.  
The show doesn't really feel like it's worth watching as it airs.  Might as well just wait til it's over and binge watch it all at once.  There's a heavy emphasis on old ballads because of Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ha's early success with them.  But it just gets boring listening to young people sing one old, sad, depressing song after another.  The few groups that remain who sing in a different style are so much more fun to listen to.  I liked 3 siblings and Ji John so much more now.  I hope they don't get eliminated.  

Guest adikkeluangman

K-Pop Star 4’s Lee Jin Ah releases single for “Yum Yum Yum”
Lee Jin Ah has released the single for “Yum Yum Yum,” the song from her recent performance on the February 15th episode of K-Pop Star 4.
Lee Jin Ah’s performance of this song received praise from the K-Pop Star judges in the recent episode, particularly from Yoo Hee Yeol and Park Jin Young. Yang Hyun Suk gave some constructive criticism, saying that the lyrics were too cheesy and obvious.
B9_jnpNCUAA5f_6.jpg

Netizens, on the other hand, are showing overwhelming support for the song. Web searches for the song and performance video were consistently ranked as the top search since the episode aired, and many viewers have left positive comments towards Lee Jin Ah’s performance.
“Yum Yum Yum” is a breakup song that cleverly uses food to match the idea of love and heartbreak. The lyrics for this self-composed song are sweet and strangely unique, with verses such as “Yum yum yum yum yum I will eat all my memories of you, Yum yum yum yum yum I will eat your smile, Yum yum yum yum yum I will eat our past, Yum yum yum yum yum I will eat our love.”
Watch the live performance of “Yum Yum Yum” below, and find the single on online music sites!

http://www.koreaboo.com/music-release/k-pop-star-4s-lee-jin-ah-releases-single-yum-yum-yum/
Guest adikkeluangman

Jason Mraz praises 'K-Pop Star' contestant Lee Jin Ah + reminds contestants to focus on music instead of competition
On February 19, SBS's 'K-Pop Star' released some previously undisclosed clips featuring the world famous American singer Jason Mraz for Lunar New Year. 
The clips were recorded back in November 2014 when Jason Mraz was visiting Korea and took the time to answer contestants' questions as well as listen to their performances. 
proxy.jpg?t=HBhHaHR0cDovL3d3dy5hbGxrcG9w

In the clip shown above around the 2:00 minute mark, contestant Lee Jin Ah volunteers to perform. As she sings and plays the piano to "Time Slowing Down," Mraz begins nodding his head and grooving to the song, clearly enjoying himself. At the 3:00 minute mark, Mraz remarks, "Man, that was marvelous, like a Michael Franks right there." 
He continues to shower Lee Jin Ah with compliments, saying, "That is awesome. Definitely, definitely keep doing whatever you're doing. It has so much soul, originality, but it also nods [...]. That jazz, soul, funk, that beauty. You've got something very very special." Lee Jin Ah, of course, can't help but smile bashfully after being praised to high heaven by a musical legend.
At the end of the clip, Mraz concludes on an interesting note, reminding the contestants to be careful not to let the competition get to their heads. He says, "And what an awesome, magical, spiritual experience that is. So lose yourself in the music, not the competition. Okay? Good luck." 
Mraz has commented in an interview in Korea before how he sees both pros and cons of big competitions like 'K-Pop Star,' saying that they can create a "false sense of the musical journey one can take." Looks like he's echoing a bit of opinions here when speaking to the contestants themselves. 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/jason-mraz-praises-k-pop-star-contestant-lee-jin-ah-reminds-contestants-to-focus-on-music-instead-of-competition

Although the judges like Lee Jin Ah, her songs don't do that well on the music charts.  Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ha's duet is still charting, and so is JSH's earlier solo.  Even if Lee Jin Ah wins #1, which I don't think will happen, I doubt that she will ever gain that much broad mainstream success.  She is too unique and esoteric.  I can't yet imagine her writing and producing a song with broad appeal across the spectrum of the mainstream korean audience.  
JSH has proven he can attract a following.  Whether or not he can be consistent is another story though.  I think both he and Park Yoon Ha are starting to crack under the pressure.  I don't think either of them really expected or prepared themselves for this kind of attention.  I don't think either of them really enjoy or desire celebrity.

Guest wongrichard366

Watch Full Survival Kpop Star Season 4 Episode 14 English Sub RAW from 
http://runningmanengsub.com/survival-kpop-star-season-4-episode-14-english-sub-raw/
Brief Details about Survival Kpop Star Season 4 Episode 14 English Sub and RAW:
Survival Audition K-pop Star (Korean: 서바이벌 오디션 K팝 스타) is a South Korean reality TV competition series where the three largest entertainment/talent agencies in South Korea hold worldwide auditions to find the next potential K-Pop stars. Preliminary auditions are held around the world in Asia, North America, South America, Europe, and Australia. The final winner will debut with the company of his or her choice (SM,YG, or JYP), along with a cash prize of three hundred million won (approx. 300,000 U.S. dollars), two brand new vehicles, opportunities to become commercial models and casting in dramas, and many more.
Kpop Star Season 4 does not confined to korean nationality only; it’s participation is open to people from all walks of life as long the performance of the song that they will perform on stages is in korean or somehow related to korean language; hence it is called kpop. Kpop Star Season 4 is ranked among the top ten most watched TV shows on Sunday according to multiple sources and opinions from the korean websites.

Guest adikkeluangman

Variety
5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman17.62. MBC Real Man 15.6 3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 13.24. SBS K-Pop Star 4 13.1 5. SBS Running Man 12.06. MBC Animals 3.3 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/87730/tv-ratings
Yeah, LJA song will gain following through non mainstream fans. Her type of music remind me of what artist from Pastel Music (Lucia, Epitone Project) doing. They got similar sound.
The other kids must prepared mentally for any attention. I wonder if this show got crash course on how handling media, public speaking etc etc. This show will make any contestant in lime light no matter how long or how short their time in this show anyway.
-----SBS “K-Pop Star 4″ finalizes its TOP10 contenders
After a grueling time of hard work and practice, the final TOP10 contenders for the fourth season of K-Pop Star have finally been chosen in the latest episode.
The 14th episode of the survival audition show aired on February 22nd via SBS, where the contestants underwent five rounds of audition battles as they strived for a place in the final TOP10. Seo Ye An, Sparkling Girls, and Park Yoon Ha were already given a place in the TOP10, and therefore, only seven spots remained.
K-Pop-Star-4-TOP10.jpg

The TOP10 contestants who will now undergo a live voting in the following episodes include Lee Jin Ah, Park Yoon Ha, Sparkling Girls, Seo Ye An, Jung Sung Hwan, Esther Kim, Lily M, Ji John, Grace Shin, and Katy Kim. 
K-Pop Star 4 features YG Entertainment‘s Yang Hyun Suk, JYP Entertainment‘s J.Y. Park, and Antenna Music‘s Yoo Hee Yeol as the judges.
http://www.koreaboo.com/tv-shows/sbs-k-pop-star-4-finalizes-top10-contenders/

Guest kpopstarfans

10955777_1400192730291008_10483759054320
Even though Ada Wong didn't make it to the top 10, she has done extremely well for a 13 years old who has never been to any singing auditions. Due to bad editing, her song cover "Because of you" was edited down to only 20 seconds. However, you can listen to the full version during practice in soundcloud

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, March 1, 2015
Variety
5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman16.62. MBC Real Man 14.4 3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 13.24. SBS K-Pop Star 4 12.1 5. SBS Running Man 11.16. MBC Animals 3.4 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/88261/tv-ratings

Group A winners:1. Esther Kim2. Lee Jin Ah3. Sparkling Girls

Elimination winners:1. Park Yoon Ha (36? votes - I forgot the exact number.)2. Lily M (52? votes - I forgot the exact number.)
Ji John and Seo Ye An were eliminated.  Seo Ye An gave a relatively disappointing performance.  I think she has potential as an actress though.  She really is very beautiful.  Ji John gave a good performance.  I thought either they or Sparkling Girls would get third.  It was very close in my opinion.
Top 8:1. Katie Kim2. Grace Shin3. Jung Seung Hwan4. Esther Kim5. Lee Jin Ah6. Sparkling Girls7. Park Yoon Ha8. Lily M.
This is going to be such a showdown next week.  I think Esther Kim, Katie Kim, Lee Jin Ah will be in top 3.  

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, March 8, 2015 : Variety - 5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman17.12. SBS K-Pop Star 4 12.6 3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 12.34. SBS Running Man 12.15. MBC Real Man 9.3 6. MBC Animals 3.0 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/88743/tv-ratings
The show in second place for the first time but still the rating is low compared to previous week.
Lee Jin Ah voice remind me of singer Linus Blanket. Even their music style also similar. I guess she can go indie music route and write songs for tvN dramas that prefers indie music. 
She like AKMU in a way, where wrote their own songs (that lyrics and title caught people by surprise) and play instrument.
Lily M voice is quite something for her age. Is she the youngest contentstant for the current roster. This time we got girls dominate the show.

I would be surprised if Lee Jin Ah can really gain enough audience votes for a #1 win.  The judges love her and of course YHY will sign her for Antenna Music, but I don't think her music has enough mainstream popular appeal.  She'll probably be #2 or #3.  

On the other hand, if Jung Seung Hwan, Katie Kim, Lily M can put up some amazing performances, they'll definitely draw in the votes.  Lily's 51 votes in the elimination round was very impressive.  JSH already has more top hits and views than the other contestants combined.  Katie's cover of g.o.d. was the best I've heard all this season.  Everyone is rooting for her now.  I hope she doesn't mess up next round.  I think Esther Kim is actually behind right now.  She needs to really push to get ahead of Katie and Jung Seung Hwan.  Park Yoon Ha has already peaked, imho.  I just don't see her getting significantly past Top 6, maybe Top 5 or 4.  But YHY will sign her, I think, regardless, or have a collaboration.  Unless they pull off another miracle, Sparkling Girls is going home next round, man. I think Grace Shin can get into Top 3 but it will be a struggle.  I can't tell who would win in a battle between her and the other contestants.  Her style is so different. 
Guest adikkeluangman
Girl′s Day Yura to Co-Host ′K-Pop Star 4′ with Jun Hyun Moo for the Live Broadcast

Girl′s Day Yura will be joining K-Pop Star 4 as a live broadcast MC. 

According to Dream Tea Entertainment on March 12, Yura will be standing as MC for SBS′ K-Pop Star 4 as live broadcasts begin, starting March 15. 

With the Top 8 already confirmed to take the live broadcast stage, Yura will join Jun Hyun Moo in hosting K-Pop Star 4 

89088002.jpg

"Yura will show her hosting abilities as the live broadcast MC for K-Pop Star 4," said an agency affiliate. "Please look forward to Yura′s refreshing and unique way of hosting." 

The first live broadcast of K-Pop Star 4 will begin on March 15. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89088/girls-day-yura-to-co-host-k-pop-star-4-with-jun-hyun-moo-for-the-live-broadcast

Archived