Quantcast

[Reality 2014-2015] K-Pop Star Season 4

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star 4' contestant receives praise for her adorably bad dancing
Who knew that bad dancing could be so cute? SBS's 'K-Pop Star 4' contestant Seo Yeh Ahn is getting attention lately for her shy personality and hilarious performance.
On the November 30 episode, Seo Yeh Ahn particularly had the viewers and judges entertained with her cover of Ariane Grande's "Problem". Seo Yeh Ahn hit the notes, but it's her awkward sounds and flailing that got people reacting, laughing, and even had judge J.Y. Park crying. Her random "WOO!" and her embarrassed, "Aigoo, thank you," at the end made her an unintentionally adorable performer.
Prior to the performance, Seo Yeh Ahn states in the video at the 0:18 mark, "Honestly, when I go up on the stage, I don't remember well what happened on the stage." She continues, "Although I don't completely transform [into a different person], I'm not as quiet like [how I usually am] either."
Whatever's happening on stage, the judges are loving it. J.Y. Park signed up to be Seo Yeh Ahn's first fanboy, saying, "I like a girl who dances like this. You got my preference. Even if there was a girl dancing well next to you I think my eyes would go to you. I think it would be good for your next performance to perform a song with soul. Your voice is that of a singer of this generation."
Judge Yoo Hee Yeol added, "It feels like we've discovered a new era of our nation's dance music. It's possible [your] video will gain 1 million hits. Next time I want to see you again. Never take dance lessons."
"Never take dance lessons." Pro advice, and considering that her "bad dancing" is her charm right now, I second it! 
http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2014/12/k-pop-star-4-contestant-receives-praise-for-her-adorably-bad-dancing

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Highlight performance from EP1 @K팝스타 시즌4 141123
Lee Jin-ah - 시간아 천천히_자작곡

She wrote this song right?
Grace Shin - Fallin' (Alicia Keys)http://youtu.be/IyeqIA41tmw 

Jeong Seung Hwan - It Will Pass (Kim Bum Soo)
JYP made this song.
Na Ha Eun_같이 눈사람 만들래(겨울왕국OST)+댄스
via @YouTube
Nam So Hyun - 나만 몰랐던 이야기_아이유

Guest adikkeluangman

Heavy tension between Yang Hyun Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol continues on "K-Pop Star" Season 4
As the survival audition program, K-Pop Star recently started their fourth season, judges Yang Hyun Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol have already gone head-to-head with each other in an argument.
During November 30th’s episode of K-Pop Star season 4, a 19 year old contestant, Goo Gi Hoon confessed that he came to the audition without his parents approval. The 19 year old continued saying, “I think I can only endure it if I do what I really want to. I started it so I will finish it, I will live doing music until I regret taking this path.”
B3071M3CQAEDS71.jpg

After his performance, Yoo Hee Yeol was the first to speak and started to mention that not everybody can pursue what they want to do. “You have to think very carefully, if I were to be more detailed, I think you are influenced a lot by Jung Joonil of Mate,” he said.
He continued saying that he understands why Goo Gi Hoon wants to be an artist since he is handsome, can play the guitar and sing, but later says, “It doesn’t happen for everyone though, there’s a limit to how many people can make it.”
Following, Yang Hyun Suk quickly interrupted and said that he did not like how Goo Gi Hoon was trying to live his life based on what his parents wanted him to do, “I think parents have the right to give advice, but happiness is one of the utmost importance,” he said.
It seems that Yang Hyun Suk continued on speaking as a father and said, “It doesn’t matter if you are rich, if you think you’re unhappy, you will be. People are most happy when they do what they want. I think parents should think more about what makes their children happy.”
Yoo Hee Yeol later spoke from a father’s point of view and said if Goo Gi Hoon uses music “to escape from the pressure and expectations” of his parents, then his “thoughts may change with time. I would like to provide you with the time to think,” he said.
Yang Hyun Suk ended the conversation by saying, “There are no answers in life, just do what you think is right and you will not regret.”
The amount of contestants this season is rumored to be double the original amount compared to previous seasons. In addition, with Yang Hyun Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol as judges, J.Y. Park is a judge as well. K-Pop Star season 4 premiered on November 23rd and is currently airing on Sunday evening.
http://www.koreaboo.com/news/heavy-tension-yang-hyun-suk-yoo-hee-yeol-continues-k-pop-star-season-4/

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 4″ Contestant Jung Seung Hwan Tops Music Charts
Yet another “K-Pop Star 4” contestant has managed to top various music charts with a song performed on the show.
Jung Seung Hwan, a sentimental high school constant on the latest season of SBS‘ hit audition program, has managed to come in at number one on numerous music charts only hours after his performance aired on television.
B4RTlprCQAA30vI.png

On the latest episode of “K-Pop Star 4,” the second round “Ranking Audition” began. Jung Seung Hwan, part of the ‘emotional vocal group,’ performed Kim Jo Han‘s “I Want to Fall in Love.”
The three judges, thoroughly impressed, gave flying reviews. Park Jin Young said, “No other singer sings like this. It’s a generic ballad song but I can’t picture anyone else. When I say, ‘Don’t sing like other singers,’ this is it. This is the new voice, new song that we all needed.”
Yang Hyun Suk commented, “I was immersed in Jung Seung Hwan while he was performing. He really pulls you in. I feel like I’m going to cry.”
Yoo Hee Yeol also had great things to say. “This is the first time that a male contestant stole my heart. You are a singer. You could start releasing albums now and you will still be different from other singers.”
The cover was released as a digital single to various music sites and has since topped most, including Melon, Bugs, Olleh, Genie, and Naver Music, among others.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/07/k-pop-star-4-contestant-jung-seung-hwan-tops-music-charts/

Can someone please tell me what the judges say at the end of ep 3 that was so cringe worthy, it got the judges flying out of their chair??   LOL at them and appreciating this show.
http://www.viki.com/videos/1056583v-k-pop-star-season-4-episode-3

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 4″ Contestant Lee Jin Ah Leaves the Judges Speechless Once Again
Lee Jin Ah has once again wowed the judges of SBS’ “K-Pop Star 4” with her outstanding talent.
On the December 14 broadcast of the survival show, the contestants went head-to-head against each other in the ranking audition. Lee Jin Ah was a part of the second group of contestants who had all played the keyboard during their first audition.
141214-k-pop-star-4-lee-jin-ah.jpg

When it was her time to perform, Lee Jin Ah took the stage by singing her self-composed song “Follow Your Heart.” Her unique voice and remarkable keyboard skills impressed everyone on set, and the judges could only stare at her in awe.
Park Jin Young said, “I will stop doing music. Honestly, I want to hide.” Yang Hyun Suk praised her, “I think this is the power of music. You are able to make a person feel dumb, deaf, and unable to judge you. Compared to the first round, you were ten times better.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/14/k-pop-star-4-contestant-lee-jin-ah-leaves-the-judges-speechless-once-again/

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 4″ PD Responds to Criticism Regarding Judges’ Behavior
Park Sung Hoon PD of SBS’ survival show “K-Pop Star 4” has addressed the recent criticism regarding the judges’ behavior and rhetoric on the show.
The complaints from the viewers have increased after music critic Lee Dae Hwa left a message on his Facebook on December 14. The critic shared a clip of an applauded performance by contestant Lee Jin Ah featured on the December 14 broadcast of the show, and wrote, “Wow.. Is this kind of music even possible? Personally, I didn’t lose my consciousness even after listening to The Beatles and their prelude.”
B45HZPkCYAAPrco.jpg

In the video, Park Jin Young is seen praising Lee Jin Ah, saying, “I will stop doing music. I really want to hide. Although I anticipated the lyrics, I could not hear even one word. I lost my mind. I lost consciousness when you started playing the prelude.”
To explain the show’s stance on the issue, Park Sung Hoon PD commented to news outlet OSEN, “The audition is a place for evaluating amateurs. If people can be so touched in that situation, then being moved is not an overreaction.”
“All of the three judges are honest people by nature, and because of that, they are unable to put on an act. Their judging has been frank and honest,” the producer added, and concluded by saying, “Even the producers can relate to their emotions when present at the filming site.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/15/k-pop-star-4-pd-responds-to-criticism-regarding-judges-behavior/

Guest adikkeluangman

′Healing Camp′ to Hold ′K-Pop Star′ Special with AKMU, Lee Hi, Park Ji Min, and More
The top members of K-Pop Star are head to Healing Camp. 
On December 16, a rep of SBS′ Healing Camp told Newsen, "Healing Camp is creating a K-Pop Star special. Lee Hi, Park Ji Min, Baek A Yeon, Akdong Musician, Bernard Park, Sam Kim, and Kwon Jin Ah will appear." 
83289002.jpg

K-Pop Star began on December 4, 2011 with Park Ji Min, Lee Hi, and Bae Ah Yeon chosen as its top members. Lee Hi headed to YG Entertainment, while Park Ji Min and Baek Ah Yeon signed with JYP Entertainment. K-Pop Star 2 kciked off on November 18, 2012, with Akdong Musicians winning and signing with YG Entertainment. The third season of K-Pop Star started on November 24, 2013, spotlighting Bernard Park, Sam Kim, Jang Hannah, and more. Bernard Park headed to JYP, while Sam Kim and Kwon Jin Ah went to Antenna Music. 
The recording and broadcast date for this special episode of Healing Camp is not yet confirmed. 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/83289/healing-camp-to-hold-k-pop-star-special-with-akmu-lee-hi-park-ji-min-and-more
-----'K-Pop Star 4' contestant Nam So Hyun requested to be kicked out for her alleged checkered past
'K-Pop Star 4' contestant Nam So Hyun is currently receiving criticism from netizens due to her alleged checkered past and is currently being requested to be kicked out from the competition. 
The producers of 'K-Pop Star' revealed that they weren't able to get in contact with Nam So Hyun because she is currently in school taking classes. However, the producers added that they will try to find the truth. 
B4_ttcHIcAA0rar.jpg

Meanwhile, the issue arose when an ex-elementary and middle school classmate of Nam So Hyun wrote an online post on December 15 via Nate Pann about how Nam So Hyun's actions in school had caused great distress and expressed discontent that such a person was on air acting innocent in front of the camera.
According to the online post, Nam So Hyun had bullied, threatened, and collected money from younger kids and was caught smoking in school. The accuser also revealed to have been a victim of bullying by Nam So Hyun and had given money to Nam So Hyun multiple times.
However, after graduating middle school and appearing on 'K-Pop Star,' the classmate went on to write that Nam So Hyun pretended to be pure and innocent without repentance. 
buzz_1418751437_20141216_NamSoHyun.jpg

The accuser wrote that the reason for the post was because the writer could no longer bear to watch someone who bullied the accuser for so long receiving praise on TV and hiding her past actions. 
In addition, the accuser posted up multiple personal pictures of Nam So Hyun and her friends to validate her argument (the person without a mark over face is identified as Nam So Hyun).
Meanwhile, these accusations against Nam So Hyun have not been confirmed and Nam So Hyun has yet to deny the rumors as well. 
http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2014/12/k-pop-star-4-contestant-nam-so-hyun-requested-to-be-kicked-out-for-her-alleged-checkered-past

If it's true that Nam So Hyun is a bully, I agree that she should be asked to leave the program as she would not be a good role model to others and doesn't deserve to be on the show with others who are working so hard to make their dreams come true.

She has a right to her dreams too, but she also needs to be accountable for her actions.

Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star' contestant Nam So Hyun's teacher steps up to say she was a good student
'K-Pop Star' contestant Nam So Hyun recently drew interest as her former classmate came forth claiming that she was bullied by Nam So Hyun in the past. 
In the midst of searching for the truth, home room teacher of Nam So Hyun at her current high school revealed to a media outlet that Nam So Hyun was a mannerly student who diligently participated in school activities. 
B5FVZpaCUAAU9WP.jpg

The teacher revealed to TVDaily during a recent interview, "I didn't know of such incidents... Nam So Hyun maintains good relations with her friends and is a kind student. She doesn't cause any particular problems [in the school]." 
Meanwhile, the stories against Nam So Hyun arose via Nate Pann where a former classmate of Nam So Hyun revealed stories of being bullied by Nam So Hyun. 
Representatives of 'K-Pop Star' revealed that they are still unsure if the stories are true.
http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2014/12/k-pop-star-contestant-nam-so-hyuns-teacher-steps-up-to-say-she-was-a-good-student
-----“K-pop Star” Contestant Jung Seung Hwan Tops Gaon Charts with “I Want to Fall in Love”
Jung Seung Hwan, a contestant on SBS audition show “K-pop Star Season 4,” has topped three different Gaon charts with his version of the song “I Want to Fall in Love.”
The song shot to the top of Gaon’s Streaming, Overall Digital and Download charts for the week of December 7 to December 13, after the performance was first aired on the December 7 edition of the audition show.
B5G3pOkCYAADXd6.png

Jung Seung Hwan’s song beat some stiff competition to attain his triple crown, including the Yoon Mi Rae, Tiger JK and Bizzy collaboration “Angel,” which ranked at second place on the Overall Digital chart. A Pink‘s “LUV” was placed third.
GD X Taeyang‘s “Good Boy” release, meanwhile, topped the Album chart for the same period.
“I Want to Fall in Love” was originally a hit for solo singer Kim Jo Han in 2011.
http://youtu.be/SNpLa_L9gAI

http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/17/k-pop-star-contestant-jung-seung-hwan-tops-gaon-charts-with-i-want-to-fall-in-love/

Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star' opts out of getting involved in Nam So Hyun's alleged bullying case for now
It's been a couple days since the report regarding 'K-Pop Star 4' contestant Nam So Hyun allegedly bullying her classmates was released. However, producers of 'K-Pop Star 4' have been staying relatively quiet regarding the issue, frustrating the viewers as well as the alleged victims of Nam So Hyun. 
However, on December 19, a rep from 'K-Pop Star 4' revealed to one media outlet that they were being cautious about releasing an official statement because there were no smoking gun or definite proof that could confirm the rumors. 
B5PtCK8CUAEtrBy.jpg

The rep said, "There's nothing definite that we heard regarding Nam So Hyun's involvement. It's awkward for us to release a statement [at this time]. We are continuously trying to get in contact with her, but because it is a very personal issue, we want to avoid being mentioned, especially when nothing has been confirmed. It is a wary situation and we will reveal our stance when everything has been settled." 
Meanwhile, 'K-Pop Star 4' contestant Nam So Hyun continues to receive criticism from netizens due to her alleged checkered past and is being requested to be kicked out from the competition. 
http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2014/12/k-pop-star-opts-out-of-getting-involved-in-nam-so-hyuns-alleged-bullying-case-for-now

in the net anybody can say anything... even from the so called proof we can only see that Nam So Hyun got a lot of friend and they look happy... so the former classmate could be just a jelly ex-friend... thankful for the pd that wisefully wait till everything is clear... 
despite the bad news this season really full of extraordinary contestant... some of them could even debut right away... 

lilhanh said: Can someone please tell me what the judges say at the end of ep 3 that was so cringe worthy, it got the judges flying out of their chair??   LOL at them and appreciating this show.
http://www.viki.com/videos/1056583v-k-pop-star-season-4-episode-3

all4movies said:

If it's true that Nam So Hyun is a bully, I agree that she should be asked to leave the program as she would not be a good role model to others and doesn't deserve to be on the show with others who are working so hard to make their dreams come true.

She has a right to her dreams too, but she also needs to be accountable for her actions.

Broseph said: all4movies said:

all4movies said: Broseph said: all4movies said:

I do not know whether NSH is a bully, only if she is, she deserves the consequences of her actions.
I am only standing up for the so called victim because people are looking for hard evidence, which may not exist in cases of bullying.  If NSH is a bully, she should examine her conscience and admit it.  That's all I'm saying.

all4movies said: I do not know whether NSH is a bully, only if she is, she deserves the consequences of her actions.
I am only standing up for the so called victim because people are looking for hard evidence, which may not exist in cases of bullying.  If NSH is a bully, she should examine her conscience and admit it.  That's all I'm saying.

Archived