[Reality 2014-2015] K-Pop Star Season 4

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, December 28, 2014
Variety
5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman19.62. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 17.23. SBS Running Man 12.9 4. SBS K-Pop Star 4 12.55. MBC Real Man 10.06. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 5.2 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/83989/ratings-satsun-1227-2814-infinity-challenge-hits-the-roof-with-nostalgic-90s-singer-special
-----“K-Pop Star” Contestant and Sulli Look-Alike Kang Seo Jin Used to Be an SM Trainee
“K-Pop Star” contestant Kang Seo Jin has been receiving attention for her resemblance to f(x)’s Sulli.
During the second round ranking auditions, which took place on the December 28 episode of SBS’ “K-Pop Star Season 4,” Park Jin Young said upon seeing Kang Seo Jin, “I think she looks like Sulli.”
B59WF7tCYAIky-8.jpg

It just so happens that Kang Seo Jin was also a trainee at Sulli’s management agency, SM Entertainment. Kang Seo Jin remarked, “I went in as a trainee not knowing anything and eventually left. [After I left], I contemplated a lot about what it is that I really want to do.”
Kang Seo Jin covered Younha’s “To Wait” for her audition, receiving a mixed response from the judges. Yang Hyun Suk expressed disappointment in her vocalization, whereas Yoo Hee Yeol said that there is an odd but definitely charming quality about Kang Seo Jin. Park Jin Young remarked, “From beginning to end, you breathed like you were taught. If you are able to take and integrate advice [into your singing], I think your foundations will improve.”
“K-Pop Star” airs every Sunday at 4:50 p.m., KST.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/28/k-pop-star-contestant-and-sulli-look-alike-kang-seo-jin-used-to-be-an-sm-trainee/

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam So Hyun didn't sing that well anyway in the other episode.  Didn't see her in the trailer for this week's ep, so maybe production already edited her out to avoid any controversy.  As I said before, I don't like how anyone on the internet can make any accusation at all and it becomes accepted as truth.  
Anyway, I hope Lily M goes further in the competition.  She's so cute.  I think the 6-year old girl dances very well for her age, but I sort of don't like the competition becoming similar to Star King.  I wonder what got Cheung Seung Hwan crying so much.  He must be under so much stress.  

If anyone is interested, here's my liveblog notes from today's episode.  *Spoilers*

This week's episode begins Round 3: Team Missions.  The 45 contestants are divided into groups of 2-4 members and will compete against other teams in duels.  A member of the losing team will be eliminated.
Ada Wong had a duo with Chan Su Hyon, the girl formerly with blonde hair.  Unfortunately, their harmony was a bit broken in a few places.  I personally think that they chose a wrong song to showcase the talents.  Their competing duelling group with Seung Ah (the funny "Problem" dance girl) did a slightly better performance of Sistar's I swear.  They sounded kind of amateurish in some places, but they looked like they had more fun, which pushed them over the top.
Lily M's Puppies group were incredible.  Amazing harmonies and pure vocal talent.  The judges showered them with praise.  However, Park Yooha's duet with Ki Da Eun also knocked it out of the park.  Both sang in a touching, sweet way that sent JYP into rapturous praise.  
Watching and listening to these two made me feel like the level of talent in this season is so much higher than in previous seasons.  These two performances were worthy of top ten performances in terms of musical ability.  
Unfortunately, Na Su Hyun, the girl with the powerful voice got kicked out.  I feel like the judges were out to get her from the beginning.  I think she looked too proud and showed off too much without enough emotion.  
Esther Kim and Katie Kim with random tall korean-american girl with blonde hair who I haven't seen yet.  This reminds me of those Star Trek episodes where the random ensign in a red uniform gets killed in every away trip to a planet's surface.  They can't eliminate Katie or Esther Kim, so it's going to be the random blonde korean chick.
Katie is falling asleep and trying to keep her nostrils from flaring. lmao
Technically amazing performance but strangely anti-septic and lacking in emotion.  The audience loves it but the judges don't look happy.  Katie Kim looks adorable.  This girl is so telegenic.  Harmony, scale, melody weren't right.  Didn't mix properly.   The girls have the "oh richard simmons wtf" face going.  They look like they're going to cry, biting their lips, holding back tears.  
Lee Jin Ah's group take the stage with two guitars and a piano.  It looks intimidating.  I bet they win because of all the stage presence with the instruments.  The judges comment on the different music styles of each team member.  Rock, acoustic pop, groove.  They picked G-Dragon's Black.  Good choice.  Can't lose singing G-Dragon, the most influential Kpop star of the last few years.  I'm a bit surprised that we don't get many Big Bang songs on KPOP star.  The group harmonizes very well, which I'm not surprised with Lee Jin Ah's musical composition talents.  Surprisingly, both groups don't do that well with the judges.  Which member will be eliminated?  Of course they eliminate the one cute guy in the group.  

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, January 4, 2014
Variety 5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman 18.12. KBS 1 Night 2 Days Cancelled3. SBS Running Man 17.8 4. SBS K-Pop Star 4 13.95. MBC Real Man 13.26. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 6.3 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/84391/ratings
-----I'm not watching yet latest episode. Thanks for the recap. Interesting that the girl with powerful voice got kicked out first. Well, that is given. JYP himself like a person with humble and willing to learn and improve themselves. So if someone think he much better and showed off said goodbye then.

Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star' refutes rumors and will continue to film with alleged bully Nam So Hyun
'K-Pop Star' has announced that after an investigation, they have confirmed that Nam So Hyun had not caused controversy at her school and that they will continue to film with her..
Nam So Hyun was accused of being an iljin, or a high school delinquent, on December 15 when a netizen who claimed to be Nam So Hyun's former elementary and middle school classmate wrote a post about her online. The netizen stated that Nam So Hyun bullied younger students, collected their money, and smoked in school. The same netizen then demanded that Nam So Hyun be removed from the show.
B68NKrXIYAAfxkm.jpg

After cautiously approaching the issue and refraining from making any statement, 'K-Pop Star' announced that they spoke with Nam So Hyun's school about the issue and found the rumors to be false.
A representative stated, "When we inquired the school about Nam So Hyun, who has advanced to the third round and is currently swept up in iljin rumors, in the end they said she did not cause any controversy." They continued, "We have decided to continue filming with Nam So Hyun."
The representative further stated, "Although we sought out the victim who wrote the post, because he/she posted anonymously, we were unable to find him/her."
Netizens are currently questioning 'K-Pop Star's decision with top comments saying, "Why would you ask the school…. You should be asking... her classmates…," "But… if you ask the school, would they know?", and, "The broadcast people who tell iljins they can succeed and give them dreams and hope kekeke." 
http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2015/01/k-pop-star-refutes-rumors-and-will-continue-to-film-with-alleged-bully-nam-so-hyun

Guest adikkeluangman

[Ratings: Sat&Sun, 01.10-11.14]
Sunday, January 11, 2014
Variety 5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman18.72. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 15.93. SBS Running Man 15.8 4. SBS K-Pop Star 4 11.85. MBC Real Man 11.76. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 4.9 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/84907/ratings-satsun-0110-1114-dad-where-are-we-going-begins-its-final-trip

The most exciting part of Round 3: Team Missions was the head to head battle with the last two teams.  They both blew away the judges and there was a long discussion about who to kick out.  Eventually, it was a tie and both teams were allowed to stay in the competition.

On Melon charts, Jung Seung Hwan is on twice.  Currently topping the chart is his duet with Park Yoon Ha and his first song "I want to love" is still at #7 even though it was released in early December.  I don't think there's ever been a K-Pop Star contestant who's managed such a feat.  

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-pop Star 4’s” Duet That Made Park Jin Young Cry Is Number One on Many Music Charts
Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ah, who sang a duet in SBS’ “K-pop Star,” are topping charts in many music websites for their collaboration.
The song “Because I Love You” is first place in many music-downloading websites including Genie, Soribada, Bug’s Busic, Naver Music, and Daum Music (based on January 21 7 a.m. record). Although the ballad is originally sung by a solo artist who sings about breaking up with a lover, Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ah edited the song to sing together as a duet. For the performance, they acted like a real couple who are about to break apart. They walked onto the stage holding hands, and let go of each other during the actual performance.
Jung-Yoon-Ha-Jung-Seung-Hwan-800x450.jpg

After watching the performance, Park Jin Young showed tears, and said, “This seems so real. It seems like you guys are actually about to break up. I’m not sure what to say. Both of you were so good. I really don’t cry that often, but it was very touching.”
Yang Hyun Suk also commented, “I was the one who suggested putting these two together so I will take the credit of being a good producer,” making everyone laugh. He also mentioned that the song should be released on music websites. As if to prove the credibility of Yang Hyun Suk’s words, the song had been topping music charts since Sunday.
The song is number one on many music charts amidst successful artists like G.Soul, Mad Clown, Soyu, and Jung Yong Hwa.
Park-Jin-Young.jpg

Meanwhile, it’s not the first time for Jung Seung Hwan to be topping charts. Check out Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ah’s performance:
http://youtu.be/4MP9kC_t1Lc
http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/20/k-pop-star-4s-duet-that-made-park-jin-young-cry-is-number-one-on-many-music-charts/

The latest episode is a good one, they even showcased a group that was cut in editing but did pretty well overall. The casting were matched really well. The only casting I didn't really support was maybe for our sentimental singer who was taken by YG--it makes me uneasy because YG Ent pretty much stopped producing for his ballad singers (Gummy, Wheesung, Se7en).
I'm really glad the three R&B/Soul Trio got casted respectively to the company that I predicted they would end up in. I think it's funny/touching how JYP was an Esther addict to the end. I'm glad he didn't just drop her like a hot potato because her group didn't do so well last round. 
It was frustrating not knowing what YHY said to Lee Jin Ah that made her cry.

Guest aleumdaunBaby

adikkeluangman said: “K-pop Star 4’s” Duet That Made Park Jin Young Cry Is Number One on Many Music Charts
Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ah, who sang a duet in SBS’ “K-pop Star,” are topping charts in many music websites for their collaboration.
The song “Because I Love You” is first place in many music-downloading websites including Genie, Soribada, Bug’s Busic, Naver Music, and Daum Music (based on January 21 7 a.m. record). Although the ballad is originally sung by a solo artist who sings about breaking up with a lover, Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ah edited the song to sing together as a duet. For the performance, they acted like a real couple who are about to break apart. They walked onto the stage holding hands, and let go of each other during the actual performance.
Jung-Yoon-Ha-Jung-Seung-Hwan-800x450.jpg

After watching the performance, Park Jin Young showed tears, and said, “This seems so real. It seems like you guys are actually about to break up. I’m not sure what to say. Both of you were so good. I really don’t cry that often, but it was very touching.”
Yang Hyun Suk also commented, “I was the one who suggested putting these two together so I will take the credit of being a good producer,” making everyone laugh. He also mentioned that the song should be released on music websites. As if to prove the credibility of Yang Hyun Suk’s words, the song had been topping music charts since Sunday.
The song is number one on many music charts amidst successful artists like G.Soul, Mad Clown, Soyu, and Jung Yong Hwa.
Park-Jin-Young.jpg

Meanwhile, it’s not the first time for Jung Seung Hwan to be topping charts. Check out Jung Seung Hwan and Park Yoon Ah’s performance:
http://youtu.be/4MP9kC_t1Lc
http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/20/k-pop-star-4s-duet-that-made-park-jin-young-cry-is-number-one-on-many-music-charts/

Guest Gintoki

I've just finished 10 episodes of Kpop star 4 last week. It's still as amazing as always.I've watched a lot of music competitions but Kpop star is definitely my most favourite, it's really nice to listen to a lot of beautiful Korean songs since I love kpop. The judges also match my style.This season rocks with many talented contestants. At the moment I think Seung Hwan is the most likely winner as he's doing well in the show as well as the music chart. I'm totally in love with his voice. The top ten is unpredictable now, I hope all of my favourite contestants will go through. I'm also looking forward to the comeback of the contestants of the previous seasons on the show.

I think the top ten is going to include Lee Jin Ah, Seung Hwan, Yoon Ha, Lily M., Katie, Esther, Sparkling Girls for sure. The other three spots are kind of up in the air. I'm glad to see that YHY has a stronger team this time around. And it's sweet that he apologized to LJA after being so harsh with his critique.

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 4″ Yang Hyun Suk Says Antenna’s Studio Is the Size of YG’s Changing Rooms
On the February 1 broadcast of SBS singing audition program “K-Pop Star 4,” judges Yang Hyun Suk and Park Jin Young visited the Antenna Music headquarters for the first time.
B8yigtTCAAEmnnJ.png

Yoo Hee Yeol nervously showed his fellow judges around, and they were more than happy to offer their feedback.
Yang Hyun Suk teased, “[This is a] scent that I haven’t smelled in twenty years” and promptly bumped his head on the ceiling.
After seeing the dance studio, Park Jin Young commented that the dance studio was too cramped and the mirror was on the wrong way. Yang Hyun Suk said, “Where is the dance studio? This is the size of [YG’s] fitting rooms!”
Yoo Hee Yeol shouted in return, “Stop filming,” jokingly hitting Yang Hyun Suk in response.
yang-hyun-suk-antenna2.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/02/01/k-pop-star-4-yang-hyun-suk-says-antennas-studio-is-the-size-of-ygs-changing-rooms/

Guest adikkeluangman

Sunday, February 1, 2014
Variety
5:00 PM
1. KBS Return of Superman19.82. MBC Real Man 17.0 3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 14.24. SBS Running Man 12.85. SBS K-Pop Star 4 11.9 6. MBC Animals 4.3 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/86447/tv-ratings
Although second last place, it still double digit.

Wow, its ratings are relatively low.  A bit sad.  I re-watched Season 2 and parts of Season 1.  It definitely does feel formulaic after a while.  Sparkling Girls is somewhat similar to YouU and SuPearls, but without as much choreography.  

Guest adikkeluangman

REX.D shares parody of “K-POP STAR 4″ Lee Jin Ah
On February 4th, REX.D shared a short parody clip of the SBS K-POP STAR 4’s contestant Lee Jin Ah.
B9MXPuJCYAAVBdw.png

Lee Jin Ah has been labeled and recognized as the songwriter contestant with unusually soothing vocals. This singer-songwriter’s voice is very unique and was even described and said to sound like she had breathed in helium gas. Lee Jin Ah has consistently received praise for the music she composed herself and is currently the ace representative of Antenna Music.
REX.D is known by his fans to have slightly raspy and husky vocals when he sings and raps, so it made fans laugh when he made an attempt to sing like Lee Jin Ah. The song REX.D chose to parody is one of Lee Jin Ah’s biggest hits, “Time, Please Move Slowly.” Instead of sounding soothing and high-pitched, REX.D ended up sounding more nasally and ends up laughing at the end of the clip.
Recently, REX.D had shared a surprise cover for his fans of IU’s “Friday” and a behind the scenes video teaser of his rapping as well.
Watch REX.D’s parody along with Lee Jin Ah’s live performance on K-Pop Star 4!
http://www.koreaboo.com/video/rex-d-shares-parody-k-pop-star-4s-lee-jin-ah/

Archived