[Reality 2014-2015] K-Pop Star Season 4

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star 4' unveils stills of its judge panel ahead of premiere this month
J.Y. Park, Yang Hyun Suk, and Yoo Hee Yeol reunited to take their seats on the judge panel for 'K-Pop Star 4'!
yoo-hee-yeol-jy-park-yang-hyun-suk_14150

The trio kicked off the 1st round of finals at SBS Prism Tower in Mapogu, Seoul last month. The judges each expressed their thoughts regarding this new season, with J.Y. Park sharing, "I am very much looking forward to and thrilled about the contestants that will appear this [season]." Yang Hyun Suk added, "I've sincerely thought about how to judge each season, and each time, my approach is a bit different... I think I will be more honest this season." Yoo Hee Yeol also expressed his intent to give more constructive criticism.
'K-Pop Star 4' will premiere on November 23 at 4:50 PM KST!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/11/k-pop-star-4-unveils-stills-of-its-judge-panel-ahead-of-premiere-this-month

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Kpop Star 4 Recording (JYP, YG, YHY)B10rbX3CUAAjkzH.jpgB10rbW-CEAATMvv.jpgB10rbX6CYAAQJl_.jpgB10rbV5CAAAkPuy.jpg
Kpop Star 4 Recording with artist from YGE, JYPE and Athenna (not all pictured)B10rthyCYAAwMna.jpg
via fyjypnation

Guest adikkeluangman

Jeon Hyun Moo Confirmed to Continue as the Host of “K-Pop Star”
B2Z2E83CUAAkl13.png

Jeon Hyun Moo will continue as the host of SBS’ survival show, “K-Pop Star 4.”
A representative of the show revealed to news outlet OSEN, “Like last season, Jeon Hyun Moo will be hosting the show.”
“No additional MCs have been recruited and Jeon Hyun Moo’s tasks remain the same,” the source added, explaining how the new season will follow the previous hosting format. Jeon Hyun Moo will join as the host for the live broadcasts.
“K-Pop Star,” which has been the springboard to fame for stars like Akdong Musician, Park Ji Min, and Lee Hi, will return on November 23 with the fourth season. The show has currently finished filming its first and second initial elimination rounds, which will be shown in the highly anticipated premiere.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/14/jeon-hyun-moo-confirmed-to-continue-as-the-host-of-k-pop-star/

Guest adikkeluangman

Yang Hyun Suk Claims ‘K-Pop Star’ Provides Highest Chance to Debut
Yang Hyun Suk brought up the strength of K-Pop Star.
Yang Hyun Suk attended the press conference for SBS’s K-Pop Star 4 on November 17 in Mokdong 41 Tower The Brillie and explained the value of K-Pop Star.
80927002.jpg

Yang Hyun Suk said, “K-Pop Star was the last to begin airing. Superstar K is several years ahead,” adding, “The participants’ dream is to become singers. Instead of getting praised for their singing abilities, they want to get the opportunity to perform on stage.”
He added, “What I feel most rewarded about as I operate YG, is not watching the company grow, making a lot of money or achieving my dreams, but when I can help others achieve their dreams. I help them as an experienced one and guide them to the shortcut. To be honest, the program that has the highest potential for debut is K-Pop Star.”
He explained, “We can’t say the obvious and take care of our image just because we’re celebrities. The judges are representatives of agencies. We judge honestly with the eyes of planners. We might have different opinions from the viewers but that’s what characterizes K-Pop Star and the reason that people should watch it. This is not a singing competition. I would like to choose people who have the talent to become stars. K-Pop Star has a different point of view and I think that’s why so many dreamers are applying to K-Pop Star.”
Meanwhile, the survival audition program K-Pop Star provides aspiring singers to receive systematic training from YG Entertainment, JYP Entertainment and Antenna Music and the opportunity to debut. Yang Hyun Suk, Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol will appear as judges in season 4, following the last season.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/80927/yang-hyun-suk-claims-k-pop-star-provides-highest-chance-to-debut
-----′K-Pop Star 4′ PD Shares Thoughts on Contestants with Controversial Pasts
Regarding the controversial issues that follow contestants, K-Pop Star 4 PD, Park Sung Hoon shared his thoughts. 
On November 17, SBS′ K-Pop Star 4 held its press conference at The Brillie in Mokdong, where Park Sung Hoon PD stated, "People who work on programs with non-celebrities are always careful." 
80914002.jpg

During the press conference, Park Sung Hoon PD received a question about different controversies that arose with the pasts of non-celebrity contestants, especially involving school bullying. 
"We are lawfully and ethically not allowed to and shouldn′t be allowed to do background checks. On one hand, we can filter out people with legal issues that′ll get in the way of achieving their dreams through K-Pop Star, but it′s difficult to draw the line on how forgiveable a small mistake is or not," stated Park Sung Hoon PD. 
"The main principle is for people with dreams to sincerely do their best, more than being fundamentally allowed or not allowed to participate, but the difference with the broadcast is that it depends on the sentiments of the viewers. For some people, we′re very careful on dealing with how long they can appear on broadcast. But we must choose a solution that will prevent anyone from getting hurt. We′re currently producing [the program] with that as a worry." 
K-Pop Star is an audition program for promising singers, allowing them the opportunity to train with YG Entertainment, JYP Entertainment and Antenna Music. Yang Hyun Suk, Park Jin Young, and Yoo Hee Yeol will continue being judges in this upcoming season. 
The show begins November 23. 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/80914/k-pop-star-4-pd-shares-thoughts-on-contestants-with-controversial-pasts
-----Yang Hyun Suk Explains the Differences Between “K-Pop Star” and “Superstar K”
Yang Hyun Suk, a judge of SBS’ survival show “K-Pop Star” and the CEO of YG Entertainment, has shared his opinion on the differences between two leading survival programs, “K-Pop Star” and “Superstar K.”
On November 17, Yang Hyun Suk attended the press conference of “K-Pop Star 4,” which is set to premiere later this week. During the event, he explained, “The shows are fundamentally different. ‘Superstar K’ picks talented singers, while ‘K-Pop Star’ follows the format of an audition for a talent agency, in which singers are evaluated, discovered, and prepared for debut.”
YangHyunSuk.jpg

Yoo Hee Yeol added, “‘Superstar K’ feels polished and it lets the vocalists’ colors shine, where as we focus on growth. We think of the singers’ prospective position in the music industry if they were to debut. Even if they are clumsy on stage, we draw a larger picture by evaluating their ability to communicate through music.”
Park Jin Young shared his opinion, “If you are not natural, you will be eliminated [from 'K-Pop Star']. If you sing like you talk, you will make it. If other audition shows are about singing skills, ‘K-Pop Star’ is about being natural.”
The fourth season of “K-Pop Star” will premiere on November 23 at 4:50 p.m.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/16/yang-hyun-suk-explains-the-differences-between-k-pop-star-and-superstar-k/

Guest adikkeluangman

Who is the identity of the participants that made jury in shock? K Pop star season 4

Monster participants video

-----J.Y.Park shares the true 'conglomerate' side of Yoo Hee Yeol
On the November 19 airing of SBS's 'One Night TV Entertainment,' the three judges of 'K-Pop Star' bickered back and forth displaying their close relationship they had built up through the program. 
yang-hyun-suk_1416416346_20141119_onenig

During the interview, J.Y. Park exposed the true side of musician Yoo Hee Yeol, drawing out laughter. 
J.Y. Park introduced himself as the person who was taking on the role of "antis" while Yoo Hee Yeol said, "I'm Yoo Hee Yeol taking on the role of tears." Yang Hyun Suk added, "I'm not really good at this... I'm Yang Hyun Suk taking on the role of center." 
Then, J.Y. Park said, "When the camera is off, he [Yoo Hee Yeol] acts like he's a big shot conglomerate. When the camera goes on, (he says things like) 'hope of the people...' One day his dual-personality is bound to come out on air." 

Yoo Hee Yeol refuted, "Of course, the conglomerate would scheme..." and added, "Don't you think that a turtleneck and a vest is quite inappropriate in the middle of winter," poking fun at J.Y. Park's unique fashion. 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/11/jypark-shares-the-true-conglomerate-side-of-yoo-hee-yeol

Guest adikkeluangman

SBS “K-Pop Star” judges discuss their roles on the show
On SBS‘s Midnight TV Entertainment, which aired on November 19th, the three judges of K-Pop Star Season 4 playfully discussed their roles on the show. The three judges showcased their close friendship, despite being the CEOs of their own record labels.
J.Y. Park said “I take care of all the antis on the show,” Yoo Hee Yeol said “I take care of all the crying on the show” and Yang Hyun Suk said “I’m really not good at these things…but I handle being the center of attention on K-Pop Star.”
With a huge playfully smile, J.Y. Park told the reporter, “Yoo Hee Yeol acts like he’s the hope of the ordinary people, but when the camera’s off he acts like he’s a large corporation.”
Yoo Hee Yeol jumped to his own defense and said,  “Large corporations do play tricks…” and continued by criticizing J.Y. Park on his fashion, “A turtleneck and a vest in the middle of the winter, that’s not very fitting is it?” drawing out a round of laughter from everyone.
Recently, Antenna Music’s underwent a logo change and when questioned why, Yoo Hee Yeol said, “A man’s got to be ambitious.”
K-pop Star Season 4 is set to premiere on November 23rd.
http://www.koreaboo.com/tv-shows/sbs-k-pop-star-judges-discuss-roles-show/

Guest adikkeluangman

YGE CEO Yang Hyun Suk reveals he lost 15 lbs because of Yoo Hee Yeol
'K-Pop Star 4' judges J.Y. Park, Yang Hyun Suk, and Yoo Hee Yeol sat down for an interview on SBS' 'One Night of TV Entertainment'!
The reporter asked the judges to go back to a rookie mindset by introducing themselves as if they were an idol group to which J.Y. Park said, "Hello, it's J.Y. Park who is in charge of being the anti on 'K-Pop Star'!" Yoo Hee Yeol shared, "It's Yoo Hee Yeol who is in charge of crying." Everyone anticipated Yang Hyun Suk's introduction, and he didn't disappoint by sharing, "It's Yang Hyun Suk who is the center of 'K-Pop Star'," adding one of Seo Taiji and Boys' famous dance moves with J.Y. Park.
J.Y. Park shared what it's like to be a judge for the competitive reality show, saying, "To be honest, there are many times when I forget that I'm on a broadcast. I'd say things like, 'You really shouldn't be a singer,' 'You have no talent,' and I'd work myself up while talking. But after I finished and put down the mic, [Yoo Hee Yeol] would say, 'It's hard, isn't it? How hard it must have been to come this far.' Is that what you call judging," teasing Yoo Hee Yeol.
During their 'OX' talk, when asked if they ever prepared their comments beforehand, Yang Hyun Suk was the only one who gave an 'O' to which Yoo Hee Yeol shared, "He speaks so well." Yang Hyun Suk revealed the secret to his eloquent judging, sharing, "I prepared it throughout a year. I'm always thinking of what to say, and if a contestant that fits [the comment I thought of beforehand] comes out, I say it accordingly," bringing laughs with his honesty.
When asked if they took care of their visuals to look better than the other judges, Yang Hyun Suk responded, "I don't know if the viewers can tell or not, but Yoo Hee Yeol's face is a little squished inwards. If there's a two-shot of us, I come out big so I lost around 7 kg (~15 lbs) in 4 months."
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/11/yge-ceo-yang-hyun-suk-reveals-he-lost-15-lbs-because-of-yoo-hee-yeol

Guest adikkeluangman

New teasers. 심사위원을 힘들게한 괴물 참가자는? @ K팝스타 시즌4

울음바다가 된 오디션장, 사상초유의 사건 발생 @ K팝스타 시즌4

-----“K-Pop Star 4″ to Incorporate Guest Judges Including Lee Hi and Park Ji Min
SBS‘ audition program “K-Pop Star” will be incorporating guest judges for the first time on the upcoming fourth season.
B3Bq7WWCQAAXaX_.jpg

“K-Pop Star 4″ which premieres this Sunday, November 23, guest judges will be judging on the first preliminary round. The guest judges will be artists from the agencies that the three main judges represent: YG Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, and Antenna Music.
Previous “K-Pop Star” contestants Park Ji Min, Lee Hi, Akdong Musician, an Baek Ah Yeon have been invited to be guest judges. JYP artists Ye Eun, Sunmi, and 2AM‘s Jinwoon have also been invited, along with Antenna musicians Peppertones and Park Sae Byul.
B10rthyCYAAwMna.jpg

The producers of “K-Pop Star 4″ announced, “Since the guest judges will be choosing contestants that they may be working with in the future, they were very enthusiastic about the judging process. Watching their decisions will add more flavor to the show.”
“K-Pop Star 4″ will premiere on November 23.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/21/k-pop-star-4-to-incorporate-guest-judges-including-lee-hi-and-park-ji-min/

Guest adikkeluangman

′K-Pop Star 4′ Kicks Off with Double Digits and a Bunch of Talent
With a new season unfolding, SBS′ K-Pop Star began its fourth season, bringing exceptional talent starting with the first episode. 
All of the contestants were diverse in talent and background, but K-Pop Star 4 proved to be an audition show that doesn′t just pass people with a great singing voice, but looks for uniqueness as well. 
71967334.jpg

Some of the highlighted contestants included a 6-year old girl, who busted some dance moves that had all three judges in amazement, a high school senior, who chose to sing instead of studying for his college entrance exam, a woman from the US, who waited an extra three minutes to chase after her dreams, as well as a well-rounded musician, who learned to accept her unique helium gas-inhaled voice. 
With much talent already revealed in the first episode, viewers are already expecting a tough battle. 
K-Pop Star 4 ranked fourth in overall ratings for Sunday′s variety programs, premiering in the double digits with 10.9 percent.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/81401/ratings-satsun-1122-2314-k-pop-star-4-kicks-off-with-double-digits-and-a-bunch-of-talent
-----Yang Hyun Suk Explains the Secret to IU’s Popularity
B3Ia61OCYAAU13P.png

Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO of YG Entertainment, has shared his opinion on the popularity of female soloist IU.
On the November 23 episode of SBS’ “K-Pop Star 4,” contestant Park Yoon Ha impressed the judges with her promising singing skills. Yang Hyun Suk, one of the three judges of the show, said, “You have said that you like clean and pure singers like IU, Younha, and Akdong Musician. I have figured out why IU is so popular.”
“IU’s is able to express appropriately. Instead of singing like a singer, she gives the impression of your ex-girlfriend singing,” Yang Hyun Suk explained.
“Park Yoon Ha, if you polish your skills a bit more and find your own style like IU, you will be able to sing with a much more charming voice,” the judge advised the contestant.
Meanwhile, “K-Pop Star 4″ airs on Sundays at 4:50 p.m.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/23/yang-hyun-suk-explains-the-secret-to-ius-popularity/
-----“K-Pop Star 4″ Contestant Lee Jin Ah Tops Music Charts with Song Performed on Show
After just the first episode of “K-Pop Star 4,” a contestant’s song is already topping numerous music charts.
B3JK4b4CAAACv7I.jpg

On the first episode of “K-Pop Star 4″ that was broadcasted on November 23, singer-songwriter Lee Jin Ah performed her own song “Time, Slowly.” The judges were thoroughly impressed by her unique voice, as Park Jin Young said, “I felt like I was dreaming. I didn’t want it to end,” while Yoo Hee Yeol praised Lee Jin Ah by saying, “I just saw the ideal female singer-songwriter of my dreams. I think I’ve dreamed of this moment.” Yang Hyuk Suk also praised her, saying, “Lee Jin Ah may be able to lead the movement of indie artists becoming successful in the mainstream industry.”
Lee Jin Ah’s song, which was released as a digital single, has since come at number one on various music charts including Melon, Genie, and Soribada.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/23/k-pop-star-4-contestant-lee-jin-ah-tops-music-charts-with-song-performed-on-show/

Guest adikkeluangman

6-year old shocks judges with her intense dancing skills on SBS “K-Pop Star 4″
Six year old girl Na Ha Eun made an appearance on the premiere episode SBS K-Pop Star 4, in hopes to be chosen as the next biggest K-Pop star in Korea, where she stole the judges’ hearts with her skills and the audience with her aegyo smile.
The premiere episode of the popular audition survival show aired on November 23rd following Inkigayo, where JYP and YG Entertainment artist Baek A Yeon, Akdong Musician‘s Suhyun and Chanhyuk, who all hail from past K-Pop Star seasons, Wonder Girls’ Yeeun (also known as HA:TFELT), and Sunmi were present in the audience
B3Kf12wCcAEOob5.jpg

Na Ha Eun had already tugged at the audience and judges’ hearts with her adorable appearance and smile, and completely won them over with her cute performance of “Do You Want to Build a Snowman” from the Disney Frozen OST album.
Just as the judges believed her performance was over, Na Ha Eun shocked them as she began dancing to a hip-hop choreography, showing off her swagger and throwing her hat offstage for the end.
Yeo Hee Yeol pressed the pass button, saying, “This is ajusshi’s first gift to Na Ha Eun.”
For those who are avid watchers of Star King, viewers may recognize Na Ha Eun from two years ago when she was praised as the “4-year old HyunA” after dancing to the 4minute member’s “Bubble Pop” and “Change,” boasting her dancing skills.
http://www.koreaboo.com/spotlight/6-year-old-na-ha-neun-shocks-judges-intense-dancing-skills-sbs-k-pop-star-4/

Guest adikkeluangman

K-pop Star singing a miracle! The long-awaited first broadcast 

Stronger audition! K-pop Star 4

Who are the people behind each idols company? Are they the executive from the 3 labels?

Guest queengilda

does anyone know where i can watch this subbed? i've already watched it raw but i neeeed some subs at some parts! :) i've gone through all the usual sites i often visit, and haven't really found anything yet. any tip offs? thank you!

just watched the second episode live streaming.  It's so good!  I'm surprised there isn't more buzz on soompi about this show.  The singers are better than last season, and also more diverse in terms of genre.  It makes for really interesting comparisons and contrasts.  I can't wait for the coming episodes and rounds.  

Guest adikkeluangman

′K-Pop Star 4′ Climbs Up the Ladder in Ratings
Proving that season 4 is already a success, SBS′ K-Pop Star rose once again in ratings for its second episode. 
On Sunday night, K-Pop Star 4 received a rating of 12.1 percent, tying with MBC′s Rea Man and inching closer to KBS′ Return of Superman, which stands at 15.2 percent. 
79543448.jpg

K-Pop Star 4′s ratings also surpassed its program partner, Running Man, which dropped to 10.8 percent. 
With the continuation of talent that appears on the program, anticipation is already growing for who will be the next victor of K-Pop Star 4.
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Variety
5:00 PM
1. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 16.3 2. KBS Return of Superman15.23. MBC Real Man / SBS K-Pop Star 4 12.14. SBS Running Man 10.85. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 7.1 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/81930/korea-tv-ratings
-----“K-Pop Star” Contestant Moves Judges with Original Song About Mother
Following singer-songwriter Lee Jin Ah who went viral after her performance on the first episode of “K-Pop Star 4,” another female singer-songwriter by the name of Lee Seol Ah has become the center of attention this week.
kpop-star-760x450.png

On the second episode of “K-Pop Star 4,” which aired on November 30, Lee Seol Ah performed an original song entitled “To Live As a Mother.” The heartfelt lyrics and simple melody touched all those who were listening.
The judges only had positive things to say about her performance, stressing that this is the kind of song that transcends any standard of evaluation. They especially liked her sincerity and unadorned style of singing.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/30/k-pop-star-contestant-moves-judges-with-original-song-about-mother/

Archived