[Drama 2014] Discovery of Romance 연애의 발견

czakhareina

omg!! Yoon hyun min in this drama too!! I've only watched him in Witch Romance and Heartless City, And in both dramas,he has great bromances with the male lead~ Wonder will he be Sungjoon's bff in this drama :D 
And Eric's house is really nice n modern! Hope the release Sungjoon's house soon ! 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@czakhareina Didn't want to judge it too early but it gives me the INR-ish vibe to me with the many love relationship going on... Production saying they're going for realistic relationship with DoR so I'm happy that this won't have makjang elements (though they bring in rating) XD

As for Hyun Min, his character is described as a jokster with a casanova tendery... (article coming right up) :)

2014.07.03 The main cast of ‘Discovery of Romance’ – will a new chapter be written in rom-com history?

20140702_1404266266_62815700_1_99_201407

Things are shaping up for the new KBS2 Mon-Tue drama ‘Discovery of Romance’ (writer Jung Hyun Jung, director Kim Sung Yoon), and the casting of the 6 key roles have recently been wrapped up.

There has been much interest in ‘Discovery of Romance’ as it is the follow-up drama from writer Jung Hyun Jung, who also penned the tvN ‘I Need Romance’ trilogy. The drama depicts a love story revolving around a woman who encounters her repentant ex-boyfriend just as she begins a new relationship.

Jung Yumi (I Need Romance 3, God of the Workplace) has been cast as the female lead Han Yeo Reum, a furniture designer who’s estranged from her drama writer mother. With her unique down-to-earth style, she will portray a woman who is torn between her current love and her ex.

Eric, reuniting with his ‘Que Sera Sera’ co-star Jung Yumi 7 years on, plays the role of ‘perfect visual’ Kang Tae Ha, the CEO of an interior design firm. Smart, competitive and confident, Tae Ha is an absolute romantic when he falls in love. He discovers what true love is when he meets his ex-girlfriend again.

Sung Joon (I Need Romance 3, Shut Up Flower Boy Band) plays Nam Ha Jin, a plastic surgeon with charming looks, as well as a warm and gentle personality. Ha Jin is Yeo Reum’s current boyfriend who finds himself having to deal with Yeo Reum’s change of heart when she starts wavering after ex-boyfriend Tae Ha re-enters the picture.

Yoon Jin Yi plays An Ah Rim, a tough and plucky girl who grew up together with rational guy Ha Jin, and has been carrying a torch for him since.

The role of plastic surgeon Do Joon Ho is played by Yoon Hyun Min (Witch’s Romance, Age of Feeling). Joon Ho is Yeo Reum’s neighborhood oppa who has grown up together with her, and ended up living with Yeo Reum’s family after his family emigrated to New Zealand. He is described as a jokester with a Casanova tendency and a good understanding of women’s thoughts.

Kim Seul Gi (SNL Korea, Flower Boy Next Door) plays Han Sol, who also grew up in the same neighborhood as Yeo Reum and Joon Ho, whom she shares a sibling-like relationship with. Han Sol is known among her friends to be a little simple and slow on the uptake, but once she starts a relationship she falls heads over heels and boils over with infatuation – a simple girl who charges ahead without thinking of what is ahead of and behind her.

Previously, the production team behind ‘Discovery of Romance’ had explained that they aim to portray a realistic romance story that is different from a typical melodrama or romantic comedy. Writer Jung Hyun Jung had previously created a “rom-com syndrome” on the small screen with the “I Need Romance” franchise, and anticipation is building for ‘Discovery of Romance’ to write a new chapter in rom-com history.

‘Discovery of Romance’ will take over the Mon-Tue slot on KBS2 currently occupied by ‘Trot Lovers’, and is scheduled to premiere in August.

Source: TV Report
Translation: Absolutshinhwa

=========================================

You can click on Absolutshinhwa for the link to more photos (test filming & more filming locations) that most were previous posted.

I'll just post Nam Ha Jin's home.  It has a nice big back yard/garden while Kang Tae Ha's home appropriately has an orange exterior (only Shinhwa fans know what this means kekeke )

cd5dba99a9014c0869ceed7d087b020879f4f4ee
284a8544ebf81a4c64c82911d52a6059272da6ed
853daf345982b2b78864fc1c33adcbef74099bec
41410ed7912397ddf5815ddc5b82b2b7d2a287e3
23712a381f30e924bc4259e94e086e061f95f7f9
Photos credit: DoR Daum + Absolutshinhwa

@Phi good to hear that Hyun Min oppa's character is not gonna be a pain in the a**. But I don't think its a bad thing having a INR-ish vibe, I like all the INR, with 2 being my fave.But thank goodness there is no makjang theme, that is always appreciated. I mean I do like some makjang from time to time but at the moment I want your new realistic story telling theme...

@czakhareina yeah I don't mean it's a bad thing having INR vibe either.  Just that it might be oppened to comparisons if it's simiar......  As for makjang, I do like it in some in certain dramas since it makes things more exciting :D  Though for this DoR , it's good they're trying to make it as realistic for a change :)

And there're scripts up to EP.05!!!

1889948791_7c939f89.jpg?w=700&h=
Photos credit: DoR Daum + Absolutshinhwa

@Phi I know right, I super love Makjang in SCANDAL (stars Kim Jae Won) that one was the last makjang drama I super loved. But for this one, so glad to veer away from that, or any sort of super melodrama for that matter.. so so happy that this will be more realistic

ahhhh! i am so looking forward to this drama as i have been waiting for Eric to make his dramaland come back for some time now!
it's going to be hard to see Sung Joon be our second lead, because i really do love him, but i can't help it - i HAVE to root for Eric! Eric can play a really good cocky jerky character, as he did in Spy Myung Wol - but i am hoping Kang Tae Ha is not like that at all. the fact that he is described as a romantic kinda bodes well for being the case.(can i just say i love that his house is orange! haha)
i'm excited!!! 

Watching Que Sera Sera for 5th time :x :x :x ahhh the feels ... this OTP is seriously in a different league :x u just can't help but love their awesomeness in dialogues like : 
Eun Soo: ahjussi , I like you
Tae Joo : Don't u have pride ? 
Eun Soo : I think I like you more than I like my pride :)) :)

ahhhh I just can't wait to see them together again *_*

Hello everyone :) new here :) I've been waiting for Eric to pick up a drama and I'm so excited that he did. Can't wait till August to come around :) Also Yoon Hyun Min is a bonus for me!! <3

@jteehey we meet again.. welcome to the thread... hahaha we have another drama crack...!I know what you mean about having Yoon Hyun Min as bonus. When I first read that Eric confirmed to play opposite Jung Yumi, I was so ecstatic. Then Sung Joon confirmed and then finally Yoon HyunMin... man these male leads are some of my faves..
But then I also super liked Kim SeulGi... I am a fans of her super awesome hilarious roles... Yoon JIni though, I don't know her much and have only really seen her in Reply 1994, I thought she is good...
so lets have another drama crack to obsesss about!!!

PS: You've changed your avatar to Gaya and Aoki! hehehe my 2 fave characters along with Ilhwa and Haehwa!!

@czakhareina heee makjang while hair pulling in frustrating at time, but it is exciting at the same time.  I haven't seen Scandal but one of my favorite is Temptation of an Angel (Bae Soo Bin) and Brilliant Legacy (Lee Seungi & Bae Soo Bin) :D  Though a realistic romance story, something we can relate to is a good thing :)

Archived