[Drama 2014] Discovery of Romance 연애의 발견

czakhareina

casting of Yoon Jini is making the rounds in media portals
Yoon Jin Yi getting back with new drama 'Discovery of Love'
20140624124911_53a8f536d4c8b_1.jpg
Actress Yoon Jin Yi is getting back with a new drama called ‘Discovery of Love.’

Actress Yoon Jin Yi, who made a successful debut through drama ‘Gentleman of Dignity’ back in 2012, decided to cast in channel KBS 2TV’s new drama, ‘Discovery of Love.’

‘Discovery of Love’ is going to portray romance of young people in much more realistic manners.

Many romance-comedy genre fans are showing particularly great reactions, because writer Jung Hyun Jun, who has written drama ‘I Need Romance,’ is writing the scripts of ‘Discovery of Love.’

Yoon Jin Yi is going to cast in the drama as a girl named ‘An Ah Lim,’ who shows an unchanging love for Nam Ha Jin(to be played by Sung Jun).

Yoon Jin Yi received a great number of compliments for her cameo appearance on drama ‘Reply 1994’ earlier, and many drama fans are showing huge attention for another transformation that she will present.

Yoon Jin Yi also has been growing largely famous for her sense in fashion and many people are showing big anticipation for styles that she will show on the drama.

Meanwhile, ‘Discovery of Love’ will premiere in August as the sequel of ‘Trot Lovers.’
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phi said: Thanks for the article.   lolol how could you throw the towel so quick already?!  XD

Though, seeing Yoon Jin Yi cast as 2nd female lead, I'm thinking it's definitely for Sung Jun.  Do I sense a happy ending here? both respective couples finding their true love (who's also their ex-love) after all.  It's like the title of the drama suggested, does it? :)

larus said: Phi said: Thanks for the article.   lolol how could you throw the towel so quick already?!  XD

Though, seeing Yoon Jin Yi cast as 2nd female lead, I'm thinking it's definitely for Sung Jun.  Do I sense a happy ending here? both respective couples finding their true love (who's also their ex-love) after all.  It's like the title of the drama suggested, does it? :)

czakhareina said: But as for the writing... the first 2 did give us with the girl ending up with the first love but last INR outing, the girl did not end up with the first love though... the first love was just like a passing comment between the 2 frenemies... the main couple ended up together but SHE was his first love, but HE was not hers.But I think with Sung Joon from the writer's previous drama cast, she got a soft spot for sung joon so I feel like He is gonna end up happy... 

larus said: Phi said: Thanks for the article.   lolol how could you throw the towel so quick already?!  XD

2014.06.26 “Discovery of Romance” From Eric to Yoon Jinyi, casting outline shown

"Discovery of Romance" has shown an outline of their lineup.

It was recently confirmed that Eric (Mun Junghyuk), Jung Yoomi, Sung Joon, Yoon Jinyi etc have been casted as the lead characters of KBS 2TV’s new Mon-Tues drama “Discovery of Romance” (script by Jung Hyunjung/ directed by Kim Sungyoon), slated for a mid August premiere.

"Discovery of Romance" is the next work by writer Jung Hyunjung, of tvN’s "I Need Romance 1, 2, 3" drama series, and is a romantic comedy on the female lead’s search for true love with the reappearance of her ex-boyfriend.

tumblr_inline_n7s2nplHvB1rb7x3v.jpg

Eric has casted as Kang Taeha, and it will be his first return as an actor in 3 years, after KBS 2TV’s 2011 drama “Spy Myungwol”. Kang Taeha, that Eric is acting as, is the CEO of an interior design with perfect looks and overflowing confidence in relation to work and dating. He is smart and gets what he wants through his strong competitiveness but in love, he is immensely romantic. It is a character that finds out about true love after meeting his ex-girlfriend.

He will be reuniting with female lead Jung Yoomi about 7 years after MBC’s 2007 drama “Que Sera Sera” and anticipation is growing over the ideal chemistry that the two will show.

Jung Yoomi stars as Lee Rum, a furniture designer at a workshop, and will honestly and straightforwardly show the female lead deciding between old and new love. The producers for “Discovery of Romance” are expecting another rom-com syndrome as the drama reunites writer Jung Hyunjung, known for her sweet yet realistic love stories, with actress Jung Yoomi, who caused a Joo Yeolmae syndrome with “I Need Romance 2”.

Sung Joon has been casted for the role of Nam Hajin. In the drama, Nam Hajin has been dating Lee Rum for 3 years and is a gentleman with charming looks who has a warm and mild personality. He is a plastic surgeon who is rational and unaffected by his emotions. Instead of being angry at Lee Rum, who is affected by the appearance of her ex-boyfriend Kang Taeha (Eric), he allows her to be friends with Taeha. As a drama that draws out the honest love life of men and women nowadays, it is expected that the battle of charms between Lee Rum’s ex-boyfriend Kang Taeha and current boyfriend Nam Hajin will become a focal point of “Discovery of Romance”.

Last of all, it was confirmed that Yoon Jinyi will play Ahn Ahrim, a tough and energetic female. She cannot forget rational guy Nam Hajin (Sung Joon), whom she has childhood ties with, and will form a love line with him. To her, Nam Hajin has sent a passionate and firm love. Yoon Jinyi debuted through SBS drama “A Gentleman’s Dignity” and has received much love with her stable acting skills and bright and confident charms in a variety of projects, like KBS 2TV’s “The Fugitive Of Joseon” etc. She will be actively continuing activities with her casting in “Discovery of Romance”.

"Discovery of Romance", a story of the male and female leads’ search for true love, is expected to air in mid August, following "Trot Lovers". The producers will soon complete casting and begin filming.

Source: Newsen
Translation: malpabo.tumblr.com

@Phi I know! I get whiplash everytime dramas make the character of a guy as an obnoxious one and the girl candy one.same goes if they make the guy super rich and near perfect/genius while the girl poor and plucky... It just not is real. I know this is drama and all but I hope they make all character reality based with some realistic flaws...

and looking at the description above, hmmnnn, we have 2 perfect guy...?.I think this would be harder for my heart... who to root for...But right off the bat, I can want Sung Jun and Jung Yumi to end up together..but then what about eric.... maybe I can have him...? joke!

Gonna edit the first page, @Phi thanks for the description posted above!

Koala's playground write up on the casting of the drama: http://koalasplayground.com/2014/06/27/discovery-of-romance-finalizes-main-cast-of-jung-yumi-eric-yoon-jin-yi-and-sung-joon/

Culture critic takes on acting

photo451825.jpg
Film critic and TV personality Heo Ji-woong will turn to acting in the upcoming KBS drama "Finding True Love". In the drama, which also stars singer-actor Eric Moon of veteran K-pop group Shinhwa, Heo will play a surgeon named Do Jun-ho, a significant role in the plot written by screenwriter Jeong Hyeon-jeong of tvN's "I Need Romance"

When the news was reported last month, many drama fans were skeptical because it seems the pop culture analyst is trying to become a part of pop culture. 

While a KBS official made it clear that Heo and the production team had discussed Heo joining the project, after multiple local media reports, Heo said yesterday that "nothing has been confirmed yet".

Heo writes columns for a national newspaper and rose to fame in JTBC shows "War of Words: Ssul Jeon" and "Witch Hunt".

By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer
Korean JoongAng Daily | June 26 2014

@czakhareina‌ the thing I hate with how they wrote up Kangwoo was that we know he's not an evil person, just obnoxious to protect himself yet I look for some redemption later on but writer did't do that.

Don't know why but I think Kang Tae Ha has potential for flaws. Nam Hajin is really perfect to the point he doesn't mind to let Jung Yumi date Eric. Really don't know how many guys could do that in real life. Selfless or very confident? ;;)

Thanks for sharing the photo. QSS reunion = Kang Tae Ha having Kang Tae Joo's hair

:\"> I love that hair on him. Modern, trendy and confident as the character called for. Sung Jung looks great with that style for the soft, gentle Nam Hajin. I really thought Jung Yumi would have long hair thou. Can't wait for it to start :)

Guest Putri Raja

Everyone anyeong…. :-h
May I join this thread too ? ;;) I'm one of Eric fans and @Phi's hoobae in Eric's thread :D So, I'll root for him without caring whatever will be happen…lolol… (totally bias, right???) :D
I love Eric-Yoo Mi chemistry during QSS days. I hope filming will go smoothly, get high ratings, big success and memorable for all of us just like QSS. 
About the second leads, still not really familiar with them but I heard Sung Joon and Yoon Jin Yi's acting were really good. So, I'm waiting all of their performance on our screen. 

the picture above poster by @Cynthia kristiani are making rounds at the news portals

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Shinhwa′s Eric, Sung Jun, and Jung Yumi Pose for Test Photo for ‘Discovery of Romance’Making anticipation for the drama grow, a photo of Shinhwa’s Eric, Sung Jun, and Jung Yumi was released for KBS’ Discovery of Romance.

68315017.jpg
The photo was revealed on June 30 through the Facebook page of JS Pictures, the drama production company for Discovery of Romance. The Facebook admin wrote, “The test shooting for Discovery of Romance! Predicting a huge hit even with just one picture~~”

The photo taken of a photo on a camera screen showed Sung Jun, Jung Yumi, and Eric smiling as the two male leads crouched besides the heroine. 

Discovery of Romance will begin after the conclusion of Trot Lovers in August. 

Photo Credit: JS Pictures
credit Mwave Enewsworld | June 30 2014

Archived