[Drama 2014] The Three Musketeers 삼총사

Bayu Pratama

OMG.. if it's true than it's the worst real nightmare ever. But in Hallyu world.. anything is possible. Not to mention the moral responsebility that the Production House have to keep to their actors and public too.. and TVN is a cable TV so I won't hope a rating like Empress Ki did... it's a cable TV and Sunday slot..

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really sad if TTM never been airing again.Always thinking why in Bts" lee jin wook crying / need console from seo hyun jin" is it he know if they are project only 1 season.Oh nooooooooo i realy sadddddd.

Guest dreamgazer1985

Man, this is the first time tvN really fails me! *HEAVE BITTER SOBS*
This hurts, you guys. THIS HURTS! So comfort circle, yeah? *huddle with everyone and cast curses towards the production house* Even though this news leave me a bitter woman about the Kdrama world, I'm happy to have discovered  these wonderful talents aka Crown Couple and the King (what can I say? I really like his acting despite you know him playing the WORST daddy ever!) and will expend all my hopes for the CC through fanfiction *sigh*

@azuralidin_1393‌ : Thanks for that rip, upon rewatching this scene, I noticed the two pools of tears in the Prince's eyes and am like falling in love all over again! 

From Dramabeans article: According to a recent interview published by one media outlet, a source with the production stated that Season 2 was essentially dead in the water, and that “the actors know that a Season 2 will not happen.” It’s a stronger declaration than we’ve been hearing so far, which has been wishy-washy at best........The manager for one of the cast members affirmed that at the outset, some cast members were contracted for the first season only, while others were contracted for all three. Thus the latter actors were told that it would create no problems if they committed themselves to other projects, essentially releasing them from their Three Musketeers obligation, if unofficially. 
@ayung‌ I was thinking of the same thing. Based on the article, the actors know season 2 will not happen and most probably LJW got emotional because of it. I have been wondering about why LJW got emotional and needed console from SJH on the BTS, now this might shed some light.

i slept a bitter girl and woke up still bitter than ever. sigh. part of me still thinks this is all just rumours cause im just indenial that way. wont stop praying for a good news ^:)^ sigh. i'd even throw a ritual ceremony for this ~X( [-O< @dreamgazer1985‌ those teary eyes of his! its really making me fall in love all over whenever i rewatch those scenes. LJW's are just naturally puppy, im a puddle of goo :x

i am really hoping this is just a strategy to create buzz and see how people would react and care about the drama. as much as i don't want to point fingers at anyone, it was tvn's fault for putting the show in that timeslot. i think it's really the timeslot that's affected the rating of the show. what were they thinking?

anyway, i hate not to see writer Song finish a story she wanted to tell even before Nine made it to television. tvn failed her, in my opinion. tsk tsk. if tvn dropped this project, i wish there was another way she and director Kim could continue the story, another network or a movie perhaps?

i am also praying really hard that we get another season.

I don't think the casts knew that there won't be a continuation from the beginning. I just read the avtor who acted as Minseo's interview that came out on 3rd Dec talking about wanting to film season 2. Why bother giving us news and what will be in season 2 if they are cancelling it from the beginning. :-S Maybe tvn start to waver after their Misaeng hit and start focusing on those dramas more. This is making TTM loyal fans upset, i wonder how this drama popularity in Korea is or they don't bother at all.

@grake Yes, tvn used ttm as a lab rat to test out their new Sunday timeslot which didn't produced the outcome they expected. The investors had high expectations over ttm.
@haymochi  Sad to say that tvn had their nose sticking high the moment when Misaeng became a hit. And TTM is considered underrated in Korea. I don't see many ppl talking about the drama...it's like tvn doesn't even bother to promote the drama which made me extremely mad at them. 

There's an excerpt about tvn dramas on hancinema. The rest unrelated omitted.

tvN then came out with "The Three Musketeers - Drama" in early August starring Jeong Yong-hwa as Park Dal-hyang, Lee Jin-wook as Prince So-hyeon and Jeong Hae-in as Ahn Min-seo. However, it was broadcasted only once a week and the vague concept of romance and action disappointed many. Although, there is currently talk about season 2. 

http://www.hancinema.net/tvn-drama-various-attempts-until-incomplete-life-76318.html#!prettyPhoto

Sad! But I still hope for good news! Otherwise, I only have the last bed scene of the crown couple as the concluding scene of this drama to console me. If we really really will not get a new season, then the only consolation will be to have LJW and SHJ play OTP  in another drama.

I am absolutely sad as to how this has turned out. I am a  great fan of write Song n was curious as to how she will write S2 or S3. Her works are just not the typical stories and is not the typical popular style genre. I am rather resigned to this reality and if anything better turns up it will be a miracle. 
Song's works are also usually slow for start like in Nine so it needs time to take off. The world of the tube is very harsh and realistic but i believe the sequel will come eventually.  To Writer Song hwating !!!
The cast all did well and esp the main couple whom i love dearly. I am glad they gave us the precious touching scenes which were so wonderfully played out by LJW and SJH. Saranghae oppa and unnie !!! 
I will go back and watch the 12 ep over and over again! :)

looks like this thread will eventually cool off as each of us will move on to other things or dramas. Frankly I have not as nothing caught my eye to date. Maybe it is just me....We cant stop things from moving on but we are still connected in this thread and in heart.  i hope we all still come visit this thread once in a while and leave each other messages for TTM. i will miss everyone...sob sob..
If they decide to continue with next season, this thread can be refreshed again...our thread sd be strong enough to stay dormant but be revived quickly when time comes. love everyone here .... been such great company for last 3 months..
Hang On to swing back anytime. :)

@lotus
I am still foolishly hopeful, LOL. I would agree with you that we should visit this thread to touch base once in awhile and if we get our season 2, wow, we will shout our happiness together here!
It is a great blessing that we could get such a gem of a drama where we could rave and rant so passionately week after week. All the speculations, the comments, the insights, the MVs, gifs, hilarious/LOLs remarks and historical facts that we shared so happily. 
So, fingers crossed, the Xmas present might still happen. @classyviews, may your great fervent prayers do the trick.

:(( :(( :(( :((  no..no...no..  am i dreaming? (pinch mode on) i think i have a nightmare.....

we had our cum laude here as TTM scholar thanks to our research of joseon history project.. it's was so fun guys. let's hope for the best
fingers crossed, hoping for the miracle. i wish TVn god read this thread for once so they know there were many of us who loved and get addicted to TTM and CC
maybe they should have made 24 0r 36 episodes from the beginning. i think the multi season format is not suitable for k drama

There r a few tvn dramas that r like that like TEN which is into 3 or 4 th season but that is a crime drama so every Epi is different but there is a background story still that strings the characters tog. It works for a crime Drama bt not a single main plot I think

Archived