[Drama 2014] The Three Musketeers 삼총사

Bayu Pratama

@liddi @haymochi
I guess it was probably due to the ratings as it didn't do as well as they expected it to be. Another factor might be the public might not be used to the seasonal style and one episode per week format which is still relatively new to Korean dramas broadcast. The other tVN drama 'MS' managed to hit a high note of 6% and it's currently the 'IT' drama in Korea so I'm pretty sure they are putting more emphasize on that drama.
TTM is aired on a new Sunday slot only introduced by tvn this year August. So without proper promotions of the new time slot, some might not be aware that there's a new drama airing on Sunday. One more thing, I doubt TVN previous report of allocating $10 Million for TTM production were true seeing how the drama is poorly promoted.

@ross27 No probs ^^ They should just combine Season 2 & 3 so they won't have any hassle on deciding the schedules. :)

@grake  I knoww right. It's going to be a long long wait since the dates are still uncertain. We need a rep to write to tvn to let 'em know there's a loyal fanbase over here in soompi. Anyway, I hope you will have a better day tomorrow. :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a normal thing in Korean Entertainment to not over promising under delivery when it comes to deal with a drama launching to public. I guess the fact that many things need to be well prepared.. well organized as well as well scheduled are really essential and important to compile before the production house make a publication of when the next season will start airing. They have heavy weighters actors/idol who signed in and all of them must be beyond busy now after the first season finished. Lee Jin Wook is as busy as ever as well as Jung Yong Hwa.

I read somewhere that the drama will be a 24 episodes for season 2.. I don't know if it means we'll get a longer season or 2 and 3 in one season.. To me, either way is good. One thing for sure, rating is important but TVN is a cable TV (unlike KBS, MBC and other public broadcasters) so of course you can't compare TTM with Mr.Baek or The Birth of Beauty's rating..

WR Song will make it better in the next season.. so please be patient and wait for the good news soon..

May the Power of our  Love and Adoration for TTM and Crown Couple reach TTM production house and TVN decision makers! May we get an early Christmas present with confirmed news of  the production and broadcast schedule for next season! 

@SeGafanlady, @ross27 _- Thanks for your post. I also feel much more hopeful. I will reserve one of my xmas and new year wishes for TTM to carry on. May all our wishes come true. Hwating writer, PD, crew and cast. Po Ko Shi Po ! MISS YOU ALL.

@lotus
I am optimistic! I remember reading some time back in one of the postings here that Season 1 was sold quite well overseas so let's hope that overseas sales is also good for season 2/3. What have TTM and Crown couple done to us? LOL
Now I am paying attention to CPss Yoon Seo's beautiful hanboks and really love all of them. Still undecided which is my favourite.

@lotus

I am optimistic! I remember reading some time back in one of the postings here that Season 1 was sold quite well overseas so let's hope that overseas sales is also good for season 2/3. What have TTM and Crown couple done to us? LOL

Now I am paying attention to CPss Yoon Seo's beautiful hanboks and really love all of them. Still undecided which is my favourite.

The royal couple's fashion is so fascinating that we need to discuss them here as well..

Loving all of the hanboks and nighties.. both CP and CPss rocked it beautifully, especially the handsome CP Sohyeon. LJW embodied him perfectly.. he is 183 cm plus 2 cms royal shoes heel in his boots and his hair knot that boost his height up to 186 cms that made the Crowm Prince towers above others and has this charisma and suave look that suit his image as the next King of the country.

Their silk Royal hanboks are embroidere with the finest golden thread with symbols of power, majestic and highness like Lion, Dragon and Phoenix..

Crown Princess Royal Dresses are gorgeous and I love her color coordinated attire.. I bet her walk in closet must be to die for..

@SeGafanlady
Yes, I love them all! So well-colour-coordinated and gorgeous! I think I love the crown couple best in their white nighties (LOL), CPss Yoon Seo with her hair down, plaited and hanging over her shoulder with a purple hairband at the top of the plait and CP SoHyun in the loose fitting white nightie with gold trimmings at the collar. 
I didn't think about CP's added height with the heeled boots and hair knot! That's an interesting way to add to one's height. haha. He looked good in every piece of clothings - especially all those he wore when he travelled out of the palace. And of course the white nightie!

Yep.. her fair and porcelain like smooth yet glowing white skin is so flawless she's born to be the other half of a Crown Prince..

I wish to see more of their intimate conversation (in their bedroom hehehe) with her wearing silk nighties in pastel colors and let her hair down too..

Sohyeon must be can't wait to get home to her after fighting crimes and injustice the whole day with his gank.. home to his lovely wifey and spend the night with her in his embrace and consummate their marriage as much as they want.. (delusional ahjumma here we go again hahaha)

Guest dreamgazer1985

GOSH DARN IT!!! *GNASH TEETH AND WAIL!**
I was afraid this would happen too cause the world of Kdrama is unstable and mercurial at best. But I was hoping the over sea interest would have made a difference but man, I'm just gonna expect the worst so my heart is not crushed completely. I'm watching "Nine" and hyperventilating over LJW's fineeee face but that drama isn't making my pining for the Crown Couple any less. *cry some more*

Lee Jin Wook is born to play Crown Prince Sohyeon.. he embodied him perfectly that I was like "Lee Jin Who??? that is Crown Prince Sohyeon that captivated me... " :x

Nine? watch this a few years ago and yeah of course he's so fine there too.. but it takes two to tango and to me.. OTP is all about 3 things.. chemisty.. chemistry and chemistry.. the level of chemistry is essential. Nine was OK but it can't be compared to TTM (eventhough CC didn't have a lot of sceeen time) chemistry level as Crown Couple was a bomb!!

Seo Hyun Jin is like the manifestation of Kang Seja Bin even my ahjumma chingu in Seoul thinks she is puuurfect!! The collaboration of both LJW and SHJ has made the Crown Couple the ultimate OTP that carved so deeply in our hearts..

If there is a drama only about them.. with both original actors play the roles.. I will probably take a looooong unpaid leave and indulge my self drenched in Crown Couple's Paradise...

They are too beautiful.. really...

I also feel the same way with you @SeGafanlady, I also watch nine and I do like the story and LJW is so handsome but for me I love the crown couple more, because despite they have minimum scene together but the impact is quite huge..I still re-watched their scene every day until now..SHJ and LJW have done marvelous work, and I love their wardrobe especially in the temple kiss scene.. 

@lotus, @minibunny, @SeGafanlady, @dreamgazer1, @deandraluv, @grake, 
I believe our serious, long-term study of the Crown Couple will earn us a PhD degree! LOL.
And yes, I agree that TTM OTP outshines Nine OTP. I love both but my vote has to go to TTM.

@lotus, @minibunny, @SeGafanlady, @dreamgazer1, @deandraluv, @grake, 

I believe our serious, long-term study of the Crown Couple will earn us a PhD degree! LOL.

And yes, I agree that TTM OTP outshines Nine OTP. I love both but my vote has to go to TTM.

Of course! we're all graduated cum laude too hahahaha..

there hasn't been any good news on when season 2 will start filming so instead of being idle.. I decided to go back and discuss everything about them..

So when the time has come later next year.. we will fully charged and warmed up!! We will be on 5th gear for the next season!! yeahh!!!

@ross27‌, @minibunny‌, @lotus, @SeGafanlady‌, @dreamgazer1, @grake‌ I am with you all. I also think LJW and SJH were perfect as the CC. No one can do a better job than they. Who would have thought these two could have a great chemistry? TTM team did a great job in casting each one of actors and actresses esp. the Crown Couple!!!! Still can't get over them yet!

When Crown Prince turned on his charm, who could resist him? LOL....That was my thought when I re-watched the punishment scene in episode 8 where Seung Po got hit 7 times before CP arrived to stop the punishment. 
The look CP gave PDH and the wink! PDH winked back. Then to add to the mystery, he turned back and looked at PDH again before telling Eunuch Koo something which set PDH wondering curiously. Of course, we later knew that it was the gift of CP's sword with a letter to boast how honourable and awesome he was to make over such a gift to him who had voluntarily pledged his loyalty to him! I think with PDH it was especially heart-felt because he chose to be in the CP's side after careful consideration and despite Yoon Seo's wish that these 2 men should be apart and not be involved with each other. With Seung Po, the CP had grown up with him. With Min Seo, the CP approached him and asked him to be in his team. With PDH, he kicked him out but he returned on his own accord.
A small point to illustrate the CP as a charismatic leader: After he was stabbed by HS and had got the love letter and KJJ's conspiracy name list from HS; and had passed the love letter to PDH, he still found time to praise PDH for completing the mission successfully and at a shorter time that he would have expected. He was injured and emotionally drained but he still praised PDH before leaving him. 

Watching the prince in TTM is like a lesson in leadership skills. We can distil the many qualities that a leader needs to succeed as well as damage zones!! How about an essay on leadership lessons from TTM from all the TTM scholars on this thread?? Haha!!

Archived