[OFFICIAL] WangNyang—♡ Joo Jin Mo & Ha Ji Won ♡

Guest minnie0103

@joyoflife77 It was truly a heartbreaking story but then, his heroism and his selfless act touched me more than any other character in the series. His death had so much more emotional impact than anyone. Sometimes I just think the writers intentionally made it so he would look like the hero because he was from Koryo (Korea) and Empress Ki was considered a traitor there. But then, it still looked like they wanted to appease the fans of the other party. The ending should've been WY-SN, Emperor dies and Ki looks for Wang Yu in Koryo and they lived happily ever after. But they even included that forced "I love you" thing when the whole series showed clearly who was the true love of Ki.
I still watch the show for rating's sake lol and maybe until Episode 20 :)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jei_em‌ said: The ending should've been WY-SN, Emperor dies and Ki looks for Wang Yu in Koryo and they lived happily ever after. But they even included that forced "I love you" thing when the whole series showed clearly who was the true love of Ki.

ikr...that scene was such a joke.
I am convinced they left out the end of the sentence ....and tt Ki was supposed to say :"I truely loved you... MY SON !!! " because all the chemistry I could see was a maternal concern in an Oedipus complex.
(:|

Guest YuanjiM

@jei_em :yeay,engsub.thanks ;)
I like HJW reaction.With JJM,she's always surprised or can't help to laughing.
LOL.Not at once,but many times he do that.I can read on his face "YES..I'M STILL A SINGLE MAN AND I WANT TO MY WOMAN"
Empress Ki and Wang Yoo is a cover.Don't mix the real life and drama story,oppa.. ;))

A summary of Empress Ki novel
http://koalasplayground.com/2013/11/24/summary-of-spoilers-from-volume-1-of-the-empress-ki-novel/

"In the end, Seung Nyang loves only Wang Yoo but she spends her life married to Ta Hwan as his Empress. When he dies, he asks again if she ever loved him,even once, even for a moment. She smiles and says she was his woman but never tells him she loves him. He dies before her. What Wang Yoo has from Seung Nyang is her love, what Ta Hwan has from Seung Nyang is most of her time spent with him."

- how I wish they just followed the original story.. it didn't mention that WY died so maybe he met SN in Volume 2 of the novel. I wish they released an English version of the novel..... sigh

jei_em said: A summary of Empress Ki novel
http://koalasplayground.com/2013/11/24/summary-of-spoilers-from-volume-1-of-the-empress-ki-novel/

"In the end, Seung Nyang loves only Wang Yoo but she spends her life married to Ta Hwan as his Empress. When he dies, he asks again if she ever loved him,even once, even for a moment. She smiles and says she was his woman but never tells him she loves him. He dies before her. What Wang Yoo has from Seung Nyang is her love, what Ta Hwan has from Seung Nyang is most of her time spent with him."

- how I wish they just followed the original story.. it didn't mention that WY died so maybe he met SN in Volume 2 of the novel. I wish they released an English version of the novel..... sigh

It did mention that she got close with WY in the Yuan border and she offered herself to him before being passed around. She was also the one who gave the hairpin instead of WY giving it to her. She was also not an orphan in the novel and she grew up with her dad, so when her dad died it was more devastating to her. Hence, she didn't treat her dad's death lightly and continued being angry to Ta Hwan.. I'd rather read this novel but too bad it's in Korean..

Ah, @jei_em, it's one of my favorite moments too! :x  This is actually one of the things I (or rather we all) loved about Wang Yoo, that he never forced his love on SN. That's what a real MAN would do in all cultures and in all times.
About the novel, WY gets killed by TH in it too, but TH was a different character there, he was cruel but clever and a more decent rival, not the weak coward he was in the drama, so in the novel WY's death by his hand is let's say.... more acceptable (if possible at all).
About WWIII in the Philippines right now, don't worry, it will soon come to an end. If you follow the typical pattern, WangNyang fans will soon get tired of arguing and fighting and will retract in their own threads or forums like we did here in Soompi or like in Baidu, or will just remain silent, so it will be over. :)>-

^ @meelis Yeah, I loved that he never forced SN to love him, she loved him naturally. He never had to impress her. He never needed a title, a King or an Emperor because SN loved him even before she knew he was the Crown Prince. SN will still love him even if he has nothing. It's like SN imprinted on WY from the moment she saw him. 
That's why I would rather read the novel, because there are no embellishments on TH character. I think, they made TH that way on the TV version so that JCW will be more challenged as an actor and so he would shine in this drama, lol or not to make him look like a villain..just a guess. I really don't know why they made him like that..
Most WY-SN fans are very reasonable and mature people. But there are some teenage WY fans who are enraged with TH lol.. I can't blame them but.. it's both annoying and amusing actually. It will die down but would take time coz it's just starting, lol...
:)

@YuanjiM‌ :Thank you for sharing the video. Can you tell us what he said about WY and SN? I only saw TH and SN in the video, not WY. I also wish they had interviewed Wang Yoo. I learned from somewhere that this actor is at the same age of JJM. Can you believe it?

Guest YuanjiM

lyfuym said: @YuanjiM‌ :Thank you for sharing the video. Can you tell us what he said about WY and SN? I only saw TH and SN in the video, not WY. I also wish they had interviewed Wang Yoo. I learned from somewhere that this actor is at the same age of JJM. Can you believe it?

@serg8 hey there, first of all I love your writings :) I love reading posts about WY-SN coz it helps me accept things and move on. It's also comforting knowing I'm not alone in this heartbreaking journey.
I've been backreading this thread for days and I wished I could share with you guys back then. It would've been fun. Too bad our country is a year late! lol.. I've never been so heartbroken with a drama before like EK. and I felt your disappointments with the drama.. we all had high hopes for our WangNyang but then they were shattered when the producers and writers, sold their souls to money, lol. Actually I've created an account here just because of one person, Joo Jin Mo. He was so damn good. But the writers didn't give his character justice. Imagine I rooted for him from the start, shared his victory, his happiness and pain, and we get nothing but death in the end. Everything that he fought for came to naught. It doesn't make sense. I've never been so attached to a character that his death felt so devastating I can't help but cry. I mean, I cried in other dramas, but I didn't feel depressed like I did when WY died. It felt like I was the one stabbed and I lost a loved one. Wang Yoo is so dear to me and I will never forget him. This is what Joo Jin Mo has done to me. Like what you said, he will forever be etched in my KDrama memory. :)
About the World War III, I find them funny, really. I just read them but I don't like participating in wars. They just believe what they want to believe. Convincing them about the OTP is actually a waste of time. If they don't appreciate WY, they missed the chance of loving a wonderful character like WY.
I hope there will be more new WangNyangers who will keep this thread alive. Especially when the show ends in other countries. I don't know about shipping HJW-JJM in real life, but I really do hope they reunite again in another drama.

@jei_em I totally know how you feel. Like what @serg8 said It hurts to remember and yet so hard to forget. It's difficult to come to terms with how the story went senselessly in the end. Its like watching another drama. I feel like i suffer from postpartum depression and have to break away for awhile. Recovery from this mental anguish is long but you know what...HERE you'll find the best support group that will help us through to the journey of wellness :)>- :x

Archived