[OFFICIAL] WangNyang—♡ Joo Jin Mo & Ha Ji Won ♡

Guest minnie0103

serg8 said:

I guess like many, I am still in the process of getting over Wang Yu's exit on EK. Joo Jin Mo was exemplary in his portrayal of Wang Yu that I couldn't tell them apart anymore. Joo Jin Mo just owned this role. This is a repost from Joo Jin Mo's thread. I just wanted to share this with all Wang - Nyang shippers

A Requiem for Wang Yu

Words cannot express the anguish and sorrow at having witnessed the manner in which your life was taken away from us. There is no rationale, nor justification for this act. There is no valid reason be it an act of sacrifice nor a just excuse for courtly standards in an otherwise twisted empire and at the hands of an unworthy opponent. It can never be deemed acceptable to your admirers and followers. It is unforgivable.

We know of your great love for Sungnyang, and once again you have proven to one and all, that all that matters to you is to see her alive, living her life to the fullest, to the detriment of your own. And because of that selfless love you had for her, others used it as a way to be rid of you. And who better to do this odious act, than the rival who claims to protect that one woman who meant the world to you. The very same person whose life you saved numerous times and who repaid you by taking your life in the guise of protecting Sungnyang. Sungnyang was never in real danger and was never in any need of saving except in the twisted mind of your slaughterer’s sanity.

Your love for Sungnyang wasn’t a desperate need to be loved back. What mattered to you was that she was always safe, and that she always had a chance at life. You did your best to achieve just that, with whatever meager resources that you had. And that’s why we love you even more for it. You did not have much to offer. You were humble enough to judge yourself a failure. Even in failure you had grace. your adversities in life only made you a better person. You did not have anything. You were a prince with no court. A king with no people to rule. And yet Sungnyang chose to stand by you and  love you, enough to have  Maha.  But like Maha, your love for each other was never meant to be. No matter how you both tried it just never happened. It was like a curse that hung on your heads that everytime you were together, something would happen to pull you two apart from each other.

Your love is so pure that you did not even ask to be loved in return. You loved Sungnyang freely, with every fiber of your being without expecting anything back. Even as children, when Sungnyang was a faceless citizen of Goryeo marching to her destiny as an offered tribute to the kingdom that she will someday call her own; your young self was already there unknowingly fighting for her preservation.

You were a man of honor. You were everything a king should be. Kind, generous to a fault, brave, courageous and a pillar of strength and wisdom. Despite what you had to go through in life. You were a child held hostage by the very nation that oppressed your people. And you were powerless to stop that. Yet, you turned out to be a fine man. You were well loved. You commanded respect and loyalty . You had a different brand of charisma that made even your opponents think of you in high regard. El Temur recognized your strength and political savvy.  Gen. Bayan sparred swords with you as an equal, and was wary of your cunning. And Tal Tal  held you in high esteem and was privy to your acts of kindness to his countrymen in their time of need during the famine. Bisu who was an adversary at first, also could not help but fall in love with you .  You cut a charismatic and sleek figure in Yuan court, that you created quite a stir. Almost all the women in that court were giddy and smitten by you; Even Tanasiri was not immune to your charm and presence. The funny part is, you were oblivious to all the attention you were getting. Such humility.

Yes, you were so humble you never thought yourself above anyone. With that gentleness and modesty Sungnyang was drawn to you. You did not take anything from Sungnyang, nor did you ask, nor begged to be loved. Sungnyang came to you spontaneously like you were meant to be together.

Sungnyang reached great heights in her life because she was confident in your love for her. It was a love that gave her strength, resolve and a courageous heart to be her own person. To discover her own destiny, to carve her own path,. You made sure that in every step of the way you were there to ensure her safety. She was never afraid to lose your love because she knew that your love knows no bounds and that she is forever in your heart. She knows there isn’t anything you wouldn’t do for her. And perhaps that is what broke her heart the most. You gave so much of yourself without asking anything in return, for you yourself understood the love Sungnyang had for you. No apologies needed, for “ true love means never having to say you’re sorry.” Instead you inspired Sungnyang to always forge ahead, despite any adversity. To stand up and never look back. If there is anything she learned from you.. it is that life goes on.

With all that said ,I wouldn’t have any other ending for you Wang Yu. It was indeed aggravating to watch, but it gave us a deeper understanding of your love for Sungnyang.  For you were the bigger man, the bigger person between the two of you. between you and Tahwan. you did not willingly die for Sungnyang. You gave your life for Sungnyang so that she could live hers. Tahwan had to take from you what he could not give to Sungnyang and claim it as his own. You were always ready to give anything for Sungnyang’s benefit. In hindsight you were the one who kept Sungnyan safe, you were her eternal protector. Tahwan willingly took your life as an excuse to look good to Sungnyang.

This drama will forever stay with me and Wang Yu will forever be etched in my kdrama memory.

-- Wow this is awesome. Thank you for this. This perfectly describes how I felt for Wang Yoo. Thank you. You helped me mend my broken heart.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sometimes think if SN chose WY's horse in the final scene, and lived a simple life. If when she fled the palace, she looked for WY (if he was alive) and they lived a happy life together, leaving everything behind. That would have been a perfect ending. But the crime has been committed, so I can only hope... That WY gets his justice in reality. That is when Joo Jin Mo and Ha Ji Won end up together, if that is even possible. If not, at least another project for them, a happy ending, he lives on and he gets the woman he loves. Or... Joo Jin Mo finally finds the girl for him, and a successful life ahead of him.. I wish him all the happiness in life.

Guest YuanjiM

Ha Ji Won will be joined by an all-star lineup of illustrious celebrities at a gala event in Hanoi on November 15-16 commemorating the 25th anniversary of Operation Smile in Vietnam.Ha Ji Won is the first Asian woman and second Asian celebrity after Jackie Chan to be appointed as an ambassador for Operation Smile.
10620626_1496273570647667_89045562050178
1557635_1496273590647665_633590837794627
1385257_1496273587314332_227659715201167
Do you know what will happen? :>
 HA JI WON DOESN'T ATTEND TO APAN STAR AWARDS TONIGHT :kick the door:
No reunion for Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang today :((
Both JJM & HJW didn't win this time :(

Guest minnie0103

@jei_em Hello! :) I saw your posts at Joo Jin Mo soompi forum and saw there that you're also a Filipino. HUGSSS >:D< Nice to meet you! I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my write-up(s), not sure if you've read them all though. Thank you! :) It's never too late to be here and start a discussion about Empress Ki and our OTP with us. :)

@salijoo You're now salijoo, sarah.lina. :D Where have I been? LOL. :)) I like the new username, by the way. ;)

I've missed you all, ladies. :-*

@minnie0103 hey thanks :) I'm glad to find fellow Filipinos here :) I became a fan of JJM because of Wang Yoo! I loved that character so much that I got really really depressed with the ending. Do you still watch on TV? I'm afraid you all moved on from the series and I'm alone wallowing about the tragic ending lol I read some of your articles about WangNyang, you're a great writer :) I honestly love reading your post and everything about them because it somehow helps me from moving on.. its comforting to know that many people share the same sentiments as mine :) Honestly I've never been so emotionally attached to a character than WY. When he died I felt like I lost someone dear to me. JJM is that good.

Guest minnie0103

jei_em said: @minnie0103 hey thanks :) I'm glad to find fellow Filipinos here :) I became a fan of JJM because of Wang Yoo! I loved that character so much that I got really really depressed with the ending. Do you still watch on TV? I'm afraid you all moved on from the series and I'm alone wallowing about the tragic ending lol I read some of your articles about WangNyang, you're a great writer :) I honestly love reading your post and everything about them because it somehow helps me from moving on.. its comforting to know that many people share the same sentiments as mine :) Honestly I've never been so emotionally attached to a character than WY. When he died I felt like I lost someone dear to me. JJM is that good.

@minnie0103 Yeah I have backread some parts of the thread :) I also watch it on TV since I like Wang Yoo's dubber lol and just for Wang Yoo/WangNyang scenes.  
I'm not just disappointed. I'm disgusted. The way they treated JJM here is beyond me. He is supposed to be the LEAD actor, you can see in the billing he is second to HJW. Then suddenly they were pushing the other one, in terms of screen time, the love angle, in terms of character build-up, and the LAST episode. You don't kill the LEAD actor in the SECOND to the LAST episode. I thought the other party refused to be overshadowed and wanted a fair treatment, so they wanted 50 episodes each since JJM was one episode ahead. That's just ridiculous.
Even though the story sucked in the second half, in the last 10 episodes to be specific, this would've been the best sageuk to me.  It was obvious that the writers initially wanted a WangNyang love story till end because of how they presented them in the first few episodes but then maybe, the writers were pressured to shift the focus on the Yuan scenes just so you know the other one will get more scenes. I thought this was more about Koryo and not the power-hungry people in Yuan, I don't care about politics in Yuan even I enjoyed their mind games but they dragged that part too much when it's supposed to be Seung Nyang's life story. And the worst part is this - they freaking killed the LEAD actor and by the hands of the second lead actor and he gets away with it like nothing happened and the girl even says I love you, I really really love you to the murderer. What a mess. 
Wang Yoo is the real hero because he did so much good, but they made him too heroic, too lovesick, and a martyr that it felt masochistic to watch him suffer. And yes, if not for WY I won't be wasting my time watching this drama. I rooted for him from the start because it felt right to root for him.

minnie0103 said: @jei_em Hello! :) I saw your posts at Joo Jin Mo soompi forum and saw there that you're also a Filipino. HUGSSS >:D< Nice to meet you! I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my write-up(s), not sure if you've read them all though. Thank you! :) It's never too late to be here and start a discussion about Empress Ki and our OTP with us. :)

@salijoo You're now salijoo, sarah.lina. :D Where have I been? LOL. :)) I like the new username, by the way. ;)

I've missed you all, ladies. :-*

This is my favorite song in the soundtrack of Empress Ki - I Love You by Xia. The lyrics perfectly describe WY-SN love. 
English translation:

Can’t you look at me?
Can’t you love me?
The day you came to me
My heart stopped and my eyes were blinded

You’re always looking at far places
You always pretend not to know my heart
Though my slow footsteps chase after you
I keep getting scared that you’ll get two steps farther

Love is a crazily sad word to me
Though my heart hurts, it’s a word I need to endure
Even if I spend my days in tears and my heart breaks down
I’ll say the words I couldn’t say, I love you

I’m always looking at you
I’m always calling out your name
It’s hard to say the word, love
I’m afraid it’ll run away so I say it with my tears

Love is a crazily sad word to me
Though my heart hurts, it’s a word I need to endure
Even if I spend my days in tears and my heart breaks down
I’ll say the words I couldn’t say, I love you

How much more do I have to cry for you to know my heart?
I can’t go on without you, I can’t go on a single day
My last person is you

- She never told him those words, but for all the times she cried for him prove that the only person she loved is him.

- The cover photo of the song is their picture which suggests that this song is dedicated to them

empress-ki-ost.jpg?30204c

- There goes my 50th post :)

This video compiled all my favorite WY-SN scenes until Episode 20. If I can only erase all Empress Ki memories and only remember these moments. And please forward to 1:14, WY staring at SN, God he's so freaking sexy. Who wouldn't fall for this man? lol  :x

@minnie0103 & @jei_em: It has been a long time since I've dropped by here, sorry @jei_em for being alone being disappointed at EK turn-of-events, you will know our mental breakdown after each episode if you have been back-reading. I will tell the truth, Empress Ki was and is the drama I loved and hated the most (completely subjective, it's from my addiction-o-meter). In fact you can't hate a drama if you didn't love it before, if not that would be called ignorance like how I feel for all the dramas that followed EK. I've loved it because between 1-23 episodes, I've never ship a OTP like I did in EK, most of the time I had a preference but I didn't felt horrified when the lead had its love-line with the second lead. There are 3 reasons that made ship this OTP:- Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo's acting, everytime they were on screen, it was like watching a movie.- The plot, I know, they were never together but that's because of THAT, I kept loving them more and being reunited, I never felt excited upon an OTP reunion before.- Their romance, it's in third position because, as much as I LOVED Seung-nyang in the beginning, she became completely hateful in the second half of the drama and not even the way I was waiting for. I was expecting her to be cold and a heartless empress but she was like that only with Wang-yoo and everyone else but she was an awkward flower-girl with TH, that's what I couldn't believe... And like I said, I loved her ending, being left alone seeing how they written her character, it was a given that she should remain alone.
About your question as of why Joo Jin-mo character was had severe cut of screentime. The distortion of History was the problem, the fact that they made Wang-yoo being a hero when in fact he was a rapist adding the fact that he had a romance with what Korean citizens consider as a Traitor Empress was too much. (that's why they didn't give any award for the distorted characters in EK aka HJW, JJM, JCW outside of MBC Drama Awards). Even with killer ratings!
I didn't know that the Geomungo scene was popular before watching last week Saturday Night Live Korea, the guest was actor Song Jae-rim, they did a parody of Joo Jin-mo's character in A Frozen Flower but they added a parody from a Wangnyang scene...note: the EK geomungo scene was already a parody of AFF so they did a parody of a parody, in other words parodiception LOL
w1sapk.png
2cnwqpf.png
sor7gy.png

I didn't know but the back-hug scene was really popular too and I'm glad that HJW & JJM don't need to kiss in order to create unforgetable scenes... ;;)
OTP: One True Pair.

@minnie0103 I found the English version of the lyrics:
Now In This PlaceHa Ji Won

That flickering shadow, is that you?
Is it too late?
That low voice, I hope it’s you breathing
I hope once more

I miss you so much that I look for you
But you stay in my dreams for a bit and go away
I love you
Please, if only I can put your image inside my heart
Your eyes are as cold as the starlight
Now I am finally hurting

The beckoning gesture, is that you?
I put my hopes up high
The voice that looks for me, I hope it’s you breathing
I pray

I miss you so much that I look for you
But you stay in my dreams for a bit and go away
I love you
Your eyes are as cold as the starlight
Now I am finally hurting

If you come into my thorn pierced heart
If we go back to that place once again
I will hold you in my embrace even if it hurts
I will confess with my last sincere heart
I love you

I won’t regret if we go back
I love you, I love you

Now in this place
This place where your love lingers

Yes definitely a WangNyang song. :) It would've been perfect if they played it in EK..

@salijoo I know all of you have already moved on from the series it's okay :) I just keep venting my frustrations here even if I'm alone sometimes lol it helps me to move on than keeping it to myself :)
Yes HJW-JJM are such awesome actors that every scene that they're together is just a marvel to watch. I thought they wasted this opportunity since it's the first time the two had been cast together. I agree that Wang Yoo being a fictional character, it was hard to include him in the scenes so they kinda changed the course and focused on the historical parts. I just wished they thought about JJM's character more. 
so OTP is One True Pair haha thanks.. WangNyang is definitely the OTP :)

hi @Jei_em :)
I too loved reading @minnie's blog and @salijoo n  @serg8's posts because it felt like finally finding  kindred spirits who understood.I am still amazed by how they weave magic with their words.(heard that @serg8 ;) hint hint...)

@minnie0103 wrote some amazing fanfic alternative endings on this thread.
Highly reccomended for healing broken hearts. They make way more sense than the original and present an alternate reality where heartfelt promises made under the moonlit sky are steadfastly protected and never broken.
I tried to backread to find their pages but there are too many pages .
@minnie0103, when u have a moment, could u remind us of the pages or repost them?

@jei_em‌ , thanks for your posts and  for sharing your feelings with us.
Please don't feel that you are alone.
Even though we may not express it often, we do understand your pain because we went through it too .
Even up till today, I don't dare rewatch EK because I do not want to relive the sense of betrayal n anger I felt when SN repeatedly hurt WY.
WY's death was  like experiencing a grieving process: going thru stages of shock, disbelief, anger, sadness and finally acceptence and rebuilding.
WY was an amazing hero who allowed us to dream n believe in a selfless unwavering love ; and in living and dying for a greater cause. JJM so skillfully drew us into WY's world of unfathomable sadness that we hurt for him and the injustice he suffered. Because his pain became ours, the sense of loss and betrayal is ever so much more profound. I think all of us have been touched by this experience and despite the pain; have no regrets, for was there ever any other more worthy of our loyalty?

Is it truely better to have loved and lost than to not have loved?
Would u do it all over again if you had a chance to?  :x =(( :-/

>:D< >:D<

Archived