[Drama 2014] Angel Eyes/엔젤아이즈

SongMira

@8jadecloud8 Hello! We've missed you here. Thanks for visiting us again even if you already found your antidote for this AE madness haha! Yes i'll be in Korea for xmas-new yr holidays. I watched a couple of awards shows in Seoul before and i got the ticket from ahjussis outside the venue. It was supposedly free but i bought tickets for like 60k won, more or less. Im not really sure how they managed to get a hold of that but so far all the tickets I bought were legit. At first, i thought I would be satisified seeing all the stars walking on the red carpet, but it's hard to resist it. So even if i knew those ahjussis were taking advantage of me, i just went for it. :D Let me know if your plans push through, we could go to AE filming locations and sbs award show together if you like :)

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@puni18 @eunhye05 @Ariana27 et al. – Thank you all for your positive feedback/response. I write for my own pleasure; well in this case, writing/posting on Soompi is a way for me to release my over-the-top enthusiasm and frankly my obsession over WanJoo's love story in Angel Eyes, so it absolutely delights me when my posts/thoughts are met with consensus/approval from other lovers of AE.

By openly and boldly showing my appreciation and adoration for everything about AE, I hope to repay the entire cast and crew of AE for the utmost joy and poignant sentiment that I experienced from partaking on this journey with Dong Joo and Soo Wan of "back to the beginning where pure and genuine love does exist and will stand the test of time to ultimately prevail." It’s a journey seldom taken as it is tough and it is long, and I am so glad that Dong Joo and Soo Wan made it with courage and grace; as a result, many of us can gather here to celebrate their triumphant.

As time goes by and memory fades away, I honestly don’t know how much longer I will be lingering around here expressing my love for Angel Eyes. However, love once is love forever, I think I will always have WanJoo in my heart, and I will always remember this beautiful spring of 2014.

@jadecloud – Good to see you back in this thread. Don’t ever feel bad about moving onto different dramas as you should and you have the right to do whatever pleases you. Enjoy the new drama IOIL as I heard great things about it. I on the other hand am taking a break from all dramas – too busy with work, and not really inspired by anything out there.

Also, I haven’t forgotten about our date for SB. Let’s keep our eyes open for any possible viewing here in USA. I am hoping perhaps it will be available on-line soon, and we can have a virtual date, i.e. Skype while watching it together! Until then, be well, my friend. 

@ais730 Thank you for your prompt response :) I can clearly see your love for AE and WanJu within this thread. That's really good news re tickets. Far cheaper than I thought they would go for. You are a smart cookie :-bd Thank you for asking - checking out those locations together would be really great! I believe you know SK a lot better than I do (I think you've said you go there at least once every year or something like that - how awesome is that!). I will surely 'bug' you towards the end of the year or when scheduling can be confirmed. I have to go to TianJin, China and Singapore, and am hoping to squeeze in SK enroute too. Catch you again soon, chingu. Thank you...Thank you once again :)
@TrulySSH You are too sweet! Your words never fail to move us/me, and what you said does make me feel better :)Alrighty, will be keeping a lookout re SB. Hoping to catch it on the big screen though. Don't work too hard gal! You be well too :)
Be well @allAngels. Keep spazzing and keep well....Cheers :)>-
PS: Btw, my soompi ID is just jadecloud now, minus the numbers. I opted for the numbers after jc (as in jadecloud88) when I started with soompi, but was unable to log in during one of their system upgrades. I ended up having to re-register with 8jc8. lately, I was able to change it to just jc w/o having to start over as a newbie again, and so I did. Just FYI case anyone is wondering :)

Hi Angels :-h
Have been lurking into this thread everyday and glad many of us still posting comments/insights here. Reminiscing our beautiful memories of uri beloved Wanjoo. I've been trying to post Angel Eyes video trailer from Onetvasia FB but currently i'm failing haha not so smart in this field @-) Will find a way to upload it here.
Anyway, AE will start airing in Channel One this August 13, Every Wed & Thurs @ 8.55 pm (7.55pm in JKT)
AngelEyesONE_zpsb8931298.png

Wishing AE all the best and hoping many more fans will love their love story. A story of two beautiful person :x :x :x
Btw , I'm still trapped in AE world and one scene of Wanjoo is a must watch before I go to bed. Miss them so badly >:D<

Guest Angel EyesF

Check out Kang Ha Neul singing Three things left for me a small clip i found on instagram of him singing in Hong Kong. Credits to ig @ivynml @baekkimberly

Here's the video:

http://instagram.com/p/rPSziziiEE/

http://instagram.com/p/rU3z09HSC2/

@jadecloud‌ No problem, just let me know once your schedule is confirmed. Actually we were able to haggle the ticket price. :D He was selling it for ₩100k. I was ready to give in at first but my friend convinced me to negotiate. It worked to my surprise given my very limited skill in Hangeul. :D

@greenbird22 Thanks for the info. Really hoping they get a larger audience abroad. I'm also like you, AE has trapped my heart so badly I need to see at least one scene a day. It's my happy pill when im stuck in traffic. :)

@"Angel EyesF"‌ wow thanks for sharing that. Haneul's voice reduce my knees to jell-o. There was another clip of him from the same ig account where he was doing gwiyomi. Too cute for words!!! :x

Guest puni18

@TrulySSH‌ You are most welcome dear. :D

To all AE Angels...I'm really having a hard time to withdraw from this drama. I just can't do it. This drama become so special for me. Each of the scenes between our WanJu couple look so real. Never look like acted. Zoom in...zoom out...pause...all I had done! But still I can't stop watching it. I don't know whether I'm even normal or not. Never get addicted like this with anything even with my bf. @-)

If im getting crazy like this there is no chance this couple never get attracted each other. If no I'm going to be mad with LSY! He is a guy, he is the one need to take the first step! Are you all agree with me Angels? ;;)

And I just love this thread so much. I'm glad that you all still continuing post all the comments here although the drama had been over a month ago! Please keep on doing it....coz we are all here for the same reason..getting crazy for the same reason...happy for some reason...

@"Angel EyesF"‌ Thank you for posting the song...Three thing left...my favourite song. ..

Til then AE...take care and love you all... :x :)>- ;)

Guest Angel EyesF

Here's the clip that Kang Ha Neul was doing the gwiyomi song...He's so cute...credit to ig @baekkimberly

http://instagram.com/p/rPRs71CiB9/

cheerkoo said: amvondo said:---hi!!, maybe I can give my 2 cents to your questions and comments and maybe others will follow. Hello everyone,

I have a question: what do you guys think PDJ meant when he said (during his proposal scene) "I can't promise you that I will have an unchangeable heart?" I remember not really understanding what he meant, but I wanted to watch the rest of the ep. at the time, so I didn't stay on that. Did he mean that he would not feel the same way about her, 24/7? We know and can assume that he will (always) love her, however, we do know (also) that b/c you love someone doesn't mean that you ALWAYS like the person (24/7) or like what they do. And that would be realistic. So I am not sure what he meant there. Any thoughts on that would be welcomed.==I am not 100% perfect in Korean but I do believe there was a translation issue in many of the subbed drama sites about PDJ's proposal at the observatory. He did not say that he cannot promise an unchangeable heart"---He said "gotten maeum" which has to do with same heart or to think the same way with each other. So, PDJ said that he cannot promise that he and Swannie will always think the same way about everything. This makes more sense. However, even this part of the proposal is foretelling the future of their conflict when entire truth comes out. When the truth came out, they did not think alike. DJ thought he could just bury the truth and be with Swannie. But, Swannie could not bury the truth. She felt too guilty and became too depressed. She thought she had only brought misfortune and pain to both DJ and HJ and she could not even bare to look at DJ or even HJ. She did not feel she deserved the happiness of being with DJ. So, she left. But, a year later, when DJ read the letter written by Swannie given to him by Boramie the little girl, he and Swannie both realized that they think the same way. They have been thinking the same way all along about each other and they did not stop loving each other....but the feelings of being a sinner and the fear of more pain and misfortune kept Swannie at bay from DJ. And DJ did not use his forceful hand-pulling anymore on Sawnnnie either. In fact, as Swannie ran towards DJ, the fate brought even more pain to both of them. DJ got hit badly by a car. Again,,,something in the fate/in the stars brought another obstacle on them. Again, Swannie could have thought at that moment that she is a true misfortune to DJ and leave him again after bringing him to the hospital. But, because of Bormi's father who said that even if it is only for a second, he would have given up everything to be with his wife again, Swannie might have realized that life is too short to give up on what is most essential to her out of guilt, depression and fear. That is why DJ put another card on the Wishing Tree at the observatory at the end. HIs first wish to find Swannie came true. The lost Swannie fully returned to him not only in body but also in mind and heart. Then, he wrote and hung his second wish on that tree: That he and Swannie will always think alike in heart and mind. I hope it comes true for them as they live in Seyong town. keke AE really is a beautiful love story. No wonder it is unforgettable and so addictive. They were fated to be together but ironically, they had to overcome the fate that always seem to pull them apart to be together again. Nothing is easy in life...keke
2--I remember finding interesting that when PDJ took YSW home, after proposing to her, that her carrying only one bag with her gifts was strange. He had just given her 12 YEARS worth of gifts, as we saw at the Observatory. Was I the only one who thought (then and now), "wait, we just saw all those gifts a few mns ago, where are they now? And how come you are not bringing them home with you? PDJ does have a car now, which means that he has a vehicle that would have carried all those gifts." I felt that there was a lack of (realistic) continuity in that scene (when YSW came home). It is as if the writer (and maybe it wasn't the writer's fault), and crew and staff do not think that we would realize those things, or that we would not pay attention. Which for me begs the question, "why not?" I am probably nitpicking here, however, I kind of feel like if you create a universe for a drama, and you make things happen or go a certain way in that universe for your story or your plot, you should be consistent with the development of how things happen, and of what they are supposed to lead to. Some of us (OK, maybe many of us) do pay attention to the details. We care that much about the drama, about the plot, and about the characters.-----You are right!! Maybe, she threw away all the boxes that contained the gifts and just put the gifts all in the big, heavy bag?? The gifts were mittens, bra, T-shirt, bear, then we were not shown others. Perhaps they were smaller items??

I would like to rewatch this drama in its entirety (but I am short on time these days). I have noticed that when I rewatch some scenes or some episodes, I am catching/noticing things I did not notice before. For example, when PDJ drops YSW at home, after the proposal scene, YJB (YSW's dad) sees them hugging, and he has this worried look on his face, which made me realize that, that concerned look is what lead to him asking them to go to Boston. I was expecting him (YJB) to be happy for them, and to be smiling, but he looked concerned right away. No wonder he was so insistent on them leaving Seyoung (we all know why, but I found it interesting that that look on his face is telling of what is to come, i.e. his calling the "children" for a meeting where he will ask them to leave Korea). I am mentioning this, b/c it also seems to me that certain scenes or facial expressions, or body language behaviors are foretelling of something that is to come in dramas. And when you rewatch an ep. or a scene knowing what comes later on, some things become more clear to you, or they start having a whole new meaning. It's like having a lightbulb moment. I am babbling here, but I hope I am making sense :-)---I don't watch AE anymore----I used to watch like 10 or more times per episode while waiting for the next one...keke. I had to force myself to return to my life...keke. I am watching few other dramas,,,but none of them made me want to watch each episode more than once. AE was very addictive. I may watch it again...in the cold winter days...keke. 

OK, these are my thoughts for now :-) ... Thanks for your thoughts!!

@ais730 I think we could relate part of Soo Wan's conversation with Ji Woon below to many of us here who at the moment still can't let go of AE :D
AngelEyesE07mkv_001029461_zpsda4b52b7.jpg
AngelEyesE07mkv_001085851_zps211ecb2b.jpg

"....It's not in the past. I told myself it's in the past. Just good memories. I even... said it might have been a dream or an illusion. I lived trying to erase my memories. But it wasn't erased. I didn't forget. Those times and memories, all of it... was in here. It's stuck here. It won't go away. I can't get rid of it. This is how I am... "
The highlight part is actually represents our current state :D It's not like we can't move on but we just don't want to because AE is so special to our memories that we couldn't easily let it go. Just like Soo Wan holding her memories of Dong Joo so dearly to her heart that she never forget it even for a second though they've been apart for almost 12 years. I believe many of us have actually memorize AE lines and what-the-next-scene as we keep rewatching it :> Our feeling might be faded away as time passing by but AE will surely never be forgotten. And this thread is one of the strong reason why AE still very fresh to our mind. It reminisces all those good memories. Thanx to all Angels who keeping this thread alive even AE has ended almost two months ago. I love uols :x
Finally after doing some homework I managed to upload AE trailer in Channel One to Youtube. There's another trailer before this but I can't find the video yet. Hoping that many viewers will tune in and watch AE [-O<

Fuhhhh it really took me some time to upload the video and posting it in this thread. It's past 2 am here. Need to sign out now. Good night everyone sweet dream I-)

Guest puni18

@greenbird22‌ Exactly!!! We all dont want to erase all the memories. We couldn't. You just explain wats exactly in all AE angel's hearts. Thanks dear.

Thanks for the trailer too.

Hello Angels :)

I know its been awhile but just want to say hello hope you guys are doing well :)

I do love your conversation here, our memories with WanJu couple is so great :)

Thank You all for the updates, link, photos and MV really appreciate them all :)

want to share @tnalvminsun MV hope you guys love it :)

greenbird22 said: ---edited/sorry----
Finally after doing some homework I managed to upload AE trailer in Channel One to Youtube. There's another trailer before this but I can't find the video yet. Hoping that many viewers will tune in and watch AE [-O<
Fuhhhh it really took me some time to upload the video and posting it in this thread. It's past 2 am here. Need to sign out now. Good night everyone sweet dream I-)

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=angeleyes&no=21810&page=1this fan went to LSY's bday party.Unfortunately..nothing substantial to report.She was too mesmerized by his handsome look that she cannot remember what happened or what questions were asked..etc.She thinks more details will be recorded in LSY fan club--SangSangSmile or something ike that. She wants fans to become its member to look up the information.She remembers LSY childhood videos or pix,,,few clips from AE where he is giving back hugs 3x, and cookies and can coffee at the entrance,,,and cake that is in the shape of basketball court. She remembers him saying he likes navy blue,...that is it.You can go and see some pix---but not much.I think she wants LSY fans to register at his fan club???
I just went back into DC-AE and found that above page has been deleted....maybe the DC-AE fans got upset at the post...seems to be a teaser...right??
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=angeleyes&no=21802&page=1This page is a collection of siting of Kim JiSuk...keke

어제는 냉면집에서 --yesterday, he was spotted at neng-nyun restaurant (cold noodles with beef broth--yum!!)

그제는 ㅇㅈ욱님과 아메리칸 조식집에서--the day before yesterday, he was spotted having Amercan breakfast with Lee Jin Wook who is known to be his best friend. (he is Gong HyoJin's bf?)

오늘은 헤어샵에서 목격 됐다고 Today, he was spotted at a hair salon.

http://blog.naver.com/nine355/220084718266

this blogger saw Kim JiSuk waiting on line to get a seating for the neng-myun.

You can see a pix of him...keke

this blogger says that she could not help watching him who was so down to earth and natural that she has no idea what her food tasted. This must be a "Mat-jip", restaurants that are so popular for their food that people line up to eat. It seems lil he was there alone and ate alone.

cheerkoo said: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=angeleyes&no=21810&page=1this fan went to LSY's bday party.Unfortunately..nothing substantial to report.She was too mesmerized by his handsome look that she cannot remember what happened or what questions were asked..etc.She thinks more details will be recorded in LSY fan club--SangSangSmile or something ike that. She wants fans to become its member to look up the information.She remembers LSY childhood videos or pix,,,few clips from AE where he is giving back hugs 3x, and cookies and can coffee at the entrance,,,and cake that is in the shape of basketball court. She remembers him saying he likes navy blue,...that is it.You can go and see some pix---but not much.I think she wants LSY fans to register at his fan club???
I just went back into DC-AE and found that above page has been deleted....maybe the DC-AE fans got upset at the post...seems to be a teaser...right??
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=angeleyes&no=21802&page=1This page is a collection of siting of Kim JiSuk...keke

어제는 냉면집에서 --yesterday, he was spotted at neng-nyun restaurant (cold noodles with beef broth--yum!!)

그제는 ㅇㅈ욱님과 아메리칸 조식집에서--the day before yesterday, he was spotted having Amercan breakfast with Lee Jin Wook who is known to be his best friend. (he is Gong HyoJin's bf?)

오늘은 헤어샵에서 목격 됐다고 Today, he was spotted at a hair salon.

http://blog.naver.com/nine355/220084718266

this blogger saw Kim JiSuk waiting on line to get a seating for the neng-myun.

You can see a pix of him...keke

this blogger says that she could not help watching him who was so down to earth and natural that she has no idea what her food tasted. This must be a "Mat-jip", restaurants that are so popular for their food that people line up to eat. It seems lil he was there alone and ate alone.

Archived